Run

Can You Smile

 

SungYeol felt how his heart stopped for a second or two. His hands started to shake violently like he was hit by electric shock, his throat went as dry as the driest desert, his eyes clouded and he could barely walk toward Jiu who was just barely standing on his feet.

 

His blond hair were a complete mess of blond, grey and black; his face stained with blood and soot and covered with bigger and smaller scars and bruises, one particularly nasty wound was right above his left eye (that was probably the cause of all the blood on his face and neck); his right arm seemed to be dislocated as it was hanging lifelessly by his side while he was almost literally holding himself together with his left one, hugging his torso. His white shirt was absolutely grey with stains of blood and growing blotch of red at its front where Jiu was still holding. It seemed that his right ankle was in a bad condition as well and it was a miracle he was still standing.

 

SungYeol stumbled over to him, tripping over his own long legs, and made it just before Jiu finally gave up and nearly collapsed on the concrete floor, yet was caught by SungYeol.

 

“Ouh my God…” SungYeol couldn’t stop himself from shaking as he somehow dragged Jiu to the mattress and laid him down, earning a painful cry from the blond. “I’m sorry… I… I…” he stammered and felt how panic crept on him faster and faster and how in usual situation all he could do was to scream for help and let desperation to control him, but he couldn’t do that now as Jiu had only him. “I need to get you to hospital.” SungYeol murmured and as gently as possible lifted Jiu’s left arm away from his torso. Three black-ish or rather dark red holes stood out even in all the blood that had soaked in to Jiu’s shirt and SungYeol didn’t have to think twice even with his half panicked mind to understand that those were gun shots. “I really need to get you…”

 

“No… I can’t… go to the hospital.” Jiu breathed out and grabbed on SungYeol’s wrist with his relatively well hand. “Paper… and pen…” he hissed and it took 5 seconds (which as SungYeol though was too long) for SungYeol to understand what Jiu requested. Trying to keep himself from shaking and remaining calm he went trough the content of nightstand to find a not quite decent but rather torn and crumpled piece of paper and pencil. He returned to Jiu, who had closed his eyes and breathed heavily.

 

“Jiu!” SungYeol shrieked. “Don’t sleep! Don’t sleep, Jiu!” SungYeol cried out and took Jiu’s face in his hands. “Don’t!” he repeated and Jiu slowly opened his eyes. He reached his hand out and SungYeol put pencil in it.

 

In a half legible way, Jiu scribbled something that seemed like and address on the paper and one symbol in Chinese next to it.

 

“Go there… and give this to the owner. He will follow you here.” Jiu said his breathing getting heavier and heavier.

 

“No... I can’t leave you.” SungYeol shook his head looking first at the piece of paper and then at Jiu.

 

“You can help me only if you go…” Jiu breathed out and winced in pain. “Please…” he said and reached for SungYeol’s hand. “Hurry…”

 

“Ok…” SungYeol nodded, squeezing Jiu’s hand. “But promise me… not to fall asleep… you can’t… leave me…” SungYeol sobbed, not even controlling the waves of panic tears washing over him.

 

“Promise… Go…” Jiu mouthed and let go of SungYeol’s hand, is breathing slowing down his eyes half lidded.

 

“I’ll be back soon…” SungYeol whispered and squeezed the piece of paper in his hand. He stood up and covered Jiu with a blanket before heading out.

 

 

SungYeol had never run that fast his entire life.

 

Checking the address once in a while and comparing it with the house numbers around him, he finally took good use of his long legs, running as fast as he could. His lungs ached, heart raced like mad and head spun, but he had no right to give up and stop searching for that damn address.

 

The night was dark and the dawn was still war away, no one was one the streets and only far sounds of the police sirens rang trough the air of the night.

 

SungYeol tripped not just once and not just once landed on the sidewalk or on the road, barely catching himself from landing face forward on the pavement or asphalt, but he didn’t let any ache of his fresh bruises or sudden ache in his ankle and knee to slow him down and after as he though an eternity of running he found the written address and dashed in to the small herbal shop without any interest was there someone or not.

 

“Hold it right there.” A middle aged man said, holding a gun in his hands as soon as SungYeol entered the shop. “Brave and stupid to break in to the shop and run around with blood stained clothes during the night when police is all ears.” The man said and only then it hit SungYeol that both his hands and his clothes were stained with Jiu’s blood.

 

“Please….” SungYeol panted. “Jiu… he needs… help.” Heavy breaths were leaving SungYeol’s mouth and he thought he will faint, but kept him self together.

 

“Jiu? I know no Jiu.” The main said after looking at SungYeol for a moment.

 

“Please…” SungYeol took a shaky step forward and stretched his hand out, giving the note to the man. The man came closer, still not lowering the gun and took the note. He unfolded the crumbled paper and automatically lowered the gun.

 

“That fool…” the man hissed, followed by something in Chinese and rushed in to the back room of the shop. He came out after just few minutes with two large black bags and one smaller over his shoulder. “Come, we’re taking my car.” The man said, handed one bag to SungYeol and headed out. SungYeol followed him with shaky steps.

 

 

The car ride seemed even longer than SungYeol’s desperate run.

 

As soon as the car stopped, SungYeol jumped out, grabbing one of the bags and after yelling ‘5th floor’ headed straight up absolutely ignoring the pain shooting trough his entire body.

 

“Jiu!” he cried out, running in to the room and automatically falling on to his knees next to Jiu. The blond’s chest were still rising and falling in shallow, slow breaths, yet his eyes were closed. “Jiu…” SungYeol said caressing others bruised cheeks.

 

The blond slowly opened his eyes and if not SungYeol’s clouded mind and this nerve wrecking situation, he could have sworn that he saw Jiu’s lips curling a small, barely noticable smile of approval.

 

“Step aside kid, better yet…” the man stepped in to the room “… bring me water with this.” He said and put a bucket that he obviously had in his car to SungYeol and placed all of his bags as close to the mattress as possible and started to take out all kind of packages and medical equipment. “Go!” he yelled at SungYeol and the said launched up from his place, grabbed the bucket and half limped, half run for the water.

 

He returned was fast as possible and put the bucket down before he spilled all of it on the floor, as the shaking was back along with the panic, as now Jiu’s shirt was gone and he could clearly see three big, raw holes in others abdomen and countless bruises all over his torso. The shoulder of his right arm was poking out of its place in a unnatural way and SungYeol’s head spun a little.

 

“Get out, kid. I will call you, if I will need help.” The man said.

 

“But… I can’t just…” SungYeol tried to say something in reply, but his eyes got foggy and he almost lost his balance.

 

“You can’t help him, if you’re will pass out. Here.” The man threw a small first aid kit to SungYeol. “Take care of yourself and wait until I call you.” He said and returned to Jiu.

 

SungYeol stumbled out and rested against the wall of the hallway and slide down on the floor. His own wounds and acquired bruises didn’t hurt at least he told himself it didn’t hurt as he knew that it was nothing compared to the probably agonizing pain Jiu was going trough.

 

He didn’t want to admit, but he had this feeling that Jiu’s business won’t end good, that something will happen and that had frightened him. He had suppressed those feelings as well as he could, replacing them with indifference to all what Jiu did when he wasn’t with SungYeol. He just didn’t accept the fact that that an ending like this would  come one day and that Jiu would leave him in a way that wouldn’t allow SungYeol to go after him or try to get him back, to beg for accepting SungYeol back. He would follow Jiu like an obedient dog, he would go trough fire and water to win him back, he would beg on his knees to be accepted back, if Jiu would leave in any other way – that’s how much this mystical, cold-looking and quiet blond meant to him. But now, if the ending was coming then none of SungYeol pleads or works would let him to get Jiu back.

 

A new stream of hot tears rolled down SungYeol’s cheeks and he hugged his knees close to his chest, hiding his face.

 

Jiu was a bad guy and as many would say received what he deserved, but he wasn’t a bad guy to SungYeol. He gave SungYeol his food, when SungYeol first appeared, he gave him shelter and this strange feeling of security, he listened without saying a word, he even went that far just to please SungYeol’s stupid craving for sweets, he took SungYeol away from upcoming danger and didn’t leave him behind. Jiu was SungYeol’s angel and nothing could change that.

 

“Kid, I need your help!” the man called from the room and SungYeol jumped up immediately. “I’ve finished with the wounds, now you will have to hold him still while I get his shoulder in its place.” The man said as soon as SungYeol entered the room. “By his good shoulder and try not to accidentally press on his abdomen as the stitches might snap.”

 

SungYeol nodded and kneeled next to Jiu’s left, placing his hands on others shoulder.

 

“SungYeol…” Jiu breathed out and looked at the said one.

 

“I’m here.” SungYeol bit his lower lip not to let tears to fall again. He thought he would never see the mighty fighter Jiu like this – wounded and near his end.

 

“On three.” The main said and SungYeol snapped out of his trance. “One…Two… Three!”

 

A loud cry of pain rang around the room and almost ripped SungYeol’s heart to pieces. Led by pure instinct SungYeol patted Jiu’s head, trying to clam him down as the pain was probably nothing SungYeol had ever felt before.

 

“I’m done here. I patched this fool and took care of the smaller wounds as well. He’s so lucky none of the bullets ripped his interiors and just went out smoothly. Have no idea how he got those other injuries and I don’t want to know.” The man stood up and started to gather all his stuff, leaving some out. “I’ll leave you a small instruction on how to change his bandages on daily bases and some supplies.” He said, scribbling something on a piece of a paper and placing it next to a small pile of tubes, bottles and bandages. “You can’t buy any of this without questions these days.” The man scoffed. “I’m also leaving painkillers and antibiotics to prevent infection. The rest is written down.” He gathered his bags and stood up, heading to the door.

 

SungYeol stood up as well. “Thank you.” He said before the man left the room.

 

“I owned him few things, that is why I did this for free. Now we’re even.” The man said and started to walk away but stopped again. “Actually, that fool there should have been dead by all those wounds and shots. I have no idea what kept him alive till my arrival and what made him to fight for his life like this, but the reason must be really strong.” The man spoke again and left right after.

 

SungYeol returned to the room and sat next to the mattress, pulling the pile of supplies closer to him so that he could look trough them without being too far from Jiu.

 

“SungYeol…” the blond spoke and SungYeol turned to him the very second. “Thank you…” Jiu whispered “For not leaving me…”

 

A knot formed in SungYeol’s throat and he just smiled vaguely, running his fingers trough Jiu’s still messy hair.

 

“Don’t… because I will never leave you.” SungYeol whispered in return and leaned closer to place a kiss on Jiu’s forehead. He was ready to be there for Jiu as long as it was needed an even longer. He was ready to become a guardian angel for his angel. 

 

 

----------
I had to post this again, because as I understood all server errors were cleared, but this chapter didn't return and so did comments >_<
In case it will show up again I will delete this update, bus as for now - Chapter 6 + as you can see, a friend of mine made a poster for this story ^_^

aaand, here's some MyungYeol from 'She's Back' PV