Determination

Can You Smile

 

 

“Would you please calm down?” WooHyun said, yet his plead was left unheard, as SungGyu paced around MyungSoo’s and SungYeol’s living room, which was now in some sort of order, but the bright blue sign on the wall was still there. “SungGyu…” WooHyun tried to call other, but with no response.

 

“I knew it. I just knew it.” Hoya muttered, sitting on a half broken chair next to the wall. “I knew he had something to hide.”

 

“He had his reasons to hide it, don’t you think?” DongWoo, who was sitting on the floor next to Hoya, said.

 

“DongWoo-hyung is right. He couldn’t just tell us.” SungJong agreed. He was still picking things from the ground and putting them where they should be. He had arrived to the apartment a bit before everyone else after receiving a stressed phone call from DongWoo with only a brief explanation of what was going on. Ordering things in their rightful places kept him calm.

 

“SungYeol could have said it to us.” Hoya said, resting his chin in his hands and then covering his face with his palms for a moment.

 

“Admit it, your reaction wouldn’t have been the best.” DongWoo rested his head against Hoya’s knee. “One can not react well to…”

 

“How can all of you can be so calm?” SungGyu finally said his voice louder than ever. “This MyungSoo… Jiu… what ever is a criminal and we are now hiding him!”

 

“SungGyu…” WooHyun tried to reach other again.

 

“No, WooHyun. Don’t even say a thing!” SungGyu turned to other, who was sitting on the couch. “You could have got killed because of him!”

 

“SungGyu is right.” Hoya said and stood up. “You both” he looked at DongWoo “could have got killed.”

 

“But we didn’t, because MyungSoo knew what he was doing.” WooHyun opposed

 

“That is exactly the problem! He KNEW what he was doing! He shouldn’t know things like that!” SungGyu exclaimed. “And you still got hurt.” The last part he muttered.

 

“Listen…” WooHyun stood up and already went to SungGyu when the bedroom doors opened and SeongWoong came out.

 

“I would like to ask you to stop screaming. He needs rest.” He said.

 

“He will be okay?” SungJong, who had sat down moments before, jumped out of his seat as soon as SeongWoong came out asked. He tried to keep calm, but he had got attached to his newest hyung and now he was more than concerned about laters health, not to mention how stressed he was about SungYeol being missing.

 

“He has obviously been trough much, much worse. Probably things you guys can’t even imagine, so this is nothing. He did loose quite an amount of blood, but you called me quick enough, so he should be awake in the morning. I assume not able to move around a lot, but well enough to regain conscious.” He took few bottles and bandages from his bag and handed them to WooHyun, who was standing closer to him.

 

“You will need to change the bandages every few days and such.” He said and already headed to the door, when SungGyu stopped him.

 

“Hyung, don’t you think we should report… Won’t you report?” he asked

 

“I don’t think so. It would get me in trouble, as I treated his wounds without documenting them and didn’t gather any usual data for paperwork. Secondly, that would get WooHyun in trouble too and thirdly, why would you give in your friend?” he said the last one with a faint smile. “Call me, if something goes wrong.” He said and left, going back to hospital, as he was a doctor there. It was their luck SungGyu knew him well enough to call him over as soon as WooHyun and DongWoo basically dragged in an unconscious MyungSoo.

 

“I should look up on him.” WooHyun said and headed to the door, yet SungGyu caught his wrist.

 

“I really don’t think you should be that friendly to him.” He said, his voice low.

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“We should call the police and tell about SungYeol and talk him into giving himself in as soon as he is well enough.” SungGyu said.

 

“Are you insane?” WooHyun pulled his hand out of SungGyu’s grip. “Police will just mess things up! And what are you going to tell them about MyungSoo when they arrive? What kind of testimony can he give? Do you expect me to lie?” He nearly shouted.

 

“But WooHyun, what do you propose to do?” Hoya stepped closer to them.

 

“We wait till MyungSoo gets better so he could tell where to his mind they had taken SungYeol and then we go get him.”

 

“I am not listening to ideas of a criminal and his plans, not to mention letting you to get involved in them.” SungGyu blocked WooHyun’s way to the door.

 

“And I am not letting you, to ruin someone’s new life because of no particular reason!” WooHyun said and tried to push SungGyu out of the way, yet the later grabbed him by the wrist again.

 

“Listen to me, Nam WooHyun…”

 

“No, you listen to ME, Kim SungGyu!”

 

It was almost like worlds most intense staring competition as none of them was willing to give up.

 

“Better both of you listen to me.” Hoya stepped in. “We need him to know where SungYeol is. We can make an anonymous call later and tell that at that place something is strange and police would get SungYeol out and then we would decide on what to do with MyungSoo.”

 

“Why would we need to do something with him? Don’t you think that SungYeol would mind?” DongWoo finally decided to join the conversation.

 

“If we want SungYeol to finally get a normal life back, we will have to make him to make a sacrifice.” Hoya sighed.

 

“Are you all blind? Don’t you see that he is happy with MyungSoo?” WooHyun finally broke the staring contest between him and SungGyu and turned to Hoya.

 

“He is kidnapped! Do you call that happy?” Hoya seemed to finally loose his temper.

 

“We just run out of luck to get him back already. Just few minutes late. Next time…”

 

“There will be no next time!” SungGyu almost yelled. “You are not going anywhere to act like a hero!”

 

“Hyung!” SungJong finally couldn’t hold it in. “Stop yelling! You heard what Dr.Lee said.”

 

“Please, don’t get in to this, okay?” SungGyu turned to him just for a second.

 

“I already am in this. Don’t you think I have something to say as well?” he asked to SungGyu, who just turned away.

 

“SungJong~ah, you don’t know people well enough to judge them yet, so, really, don’t interrupt.” Hoya said, his voice being a mix between harsh and the one someone could use to talk to a child.

 

“I don’t know people well enough? What does that suppose to mean?” SungJong looked rather shocked.

 

“You are still young and you just can’t tell good from bad.” Hoya said, still using the same tone of voice.

 

“Am I 11? Or maybe you think I’m 5?” SungJong asked, raising his voice.

 

“SungJong…” DongWoo went closer to the younger one and tried to put a hand on his shoulder but other shook it off.

 

“If I don’t know people, why I was one of those few that didn’t walk away when you admitted loving DongWoo-hyung?” he asked, looking straight in Hoya’s eyes and then turned to WooHyun. “Why didn’t I tell WooHyun-hyung to go to hell after what he did when he arrived at my doorstep?” he turned to SungGyu, his eyes already swelling up with tears from all the tension “Why didn’t I arrogantly walk away when your diner was demolished? Why I did all my best to help even though I didn’t have to?” one disobedient tear run down his cheek “Why did I never stopped believing that SungYeol-hyung is fine and that he will come back?” SungJong was on verge of sobbing. “I know people. And I know that MyungSoo-hyung is not what he used to be and… and…” the first sob broke out and SungJong cover his mouth with his hand.

 

“SungJong… This is a serious matter.” SungGyu finally stepped away from WooHyun and went to the youngest. “One feeling doesn’t mean a thing. There are facts…”

 

“No!”  SungJong shouted and pushed SungGyu out of his way headed straight to the bedroom and went in, closing and locking the doors behind him. He sank on the floor and his is face in his hands. He was not a young fool like some thought. He knew things better than some of them.

 

“SungJong~ah, open the door, please.” WooHyun pleaded from behind the door, but SungJong refused to reply or open the said door.

 

“SungJong, I’m sorry.” SungGyu joined in, but SungJong didn’t even think of moving.

 

“Maybe you should open the door?” a raspy, hoarse voice spoke from inside of the room and SungJong looked up.

 

MyungSoo was sitting in the bed, his torso almost completely covered in bandages, as well as his left arm. His face had few bruises and few plasters on it.

 

“Hyung…” SungJong sobbed, stood up and without even thinking much went to the bed and hugged MyungSoo, not forgetting about his injuries. “I know that you’re not what they think you are.”

 

“But what if they are right?” MyungSoo asked. He wasn’t quite sure what to do with the sobbing teen, but he knew he had to do something, so he placed his rather well arm around others middle.

 

“They are not. Because me and SungYeol-hyung can’t be wrong.” SungJong said and pulled out of the hug. “SungYeol-hyung wasn’t wrong about liking WooHyun-hyung, things just were meant to take a different road. And he is not wrong about loving you either.” The teen said, sniffing a little.

 

SungYeol’s name as if hit a trigger in MyungSoo’s mind and he got out of the bed immediately. He went to the wardrobe and took out the first comfortable clothes he could find – a black t-shirt and deep grey sweatpants – and put them on, ignoring the pain that rushed trough his body when ever he stretched a little more

 

“What are you doing?” SungJong stood up and went closer, while MyungSoo already zipped up a hoodie.

 

“Going after SungYeol.” He replied and grabbed a pair of sneakers that were lying on the bottom of the wardrobe.

 

“You can’t!” In less than a second SungJong was already next to him. “Dr.Lee said you need to rest.”

 

“I can rest later.” MyungSoo sat on the edge of the bed and started to put on his shoes, wincing in pain when he had to bend down.

 

“You don’t even know where he is!”

 

“I know exactly to what kind of place they moved to. They probably chose something… my style.” He stood up and looked around. “My blade…”

 

“It’s in the kitchen. WooHyun left it there.” SungJong said and stood in MyungSoo’s way when he headed to the door. “You need a plan, you can’t just go.”

 

“I have a plan. Go in, get SungYeol, get him out.” MyungSoo stopped in front of SungJong.

 

“Only him? What about you then?” SungJong didn’t hide his concern.

 

“The task is to get him out.” MyungSoo said. He decided that using his old mind set with a task that needs to be done no matter what would help better now.

 

“And you are planning on going alone right?” SungJong asked and did his best to block the door.

 

“I can not put anyone under danger again.” MyungSoo said. “Is WooHyun okay?”

 

“Some bruises, but miraculously nothing serious.” SungJong said and eased his stiff stance a bit.

 

“Good.” MyungSoo sighed. "I shouldn't have allowed him to come with me. This time it's a definite no."

 

“I will go with you then.” SungJong said out of the blue.

 

“No.” MyungSoo put his hands on SungJong’s shoulders. “Not because you are kid, because you are not, or because you wouldn’t help. I just don’t want anyone else to get hurt.” SungJong nodded once and sighed. “Now, I need to somehow get my blade, because I can’t walk trough parade door. Other would probably try to stop me for various reasons.”

 

“I will get it.” SungJong said and stepped away from the door. He glanced at the wardrobe mirror, checking on his puffy eyes. “Crying does not look good on me. They will pay.”  He frowned and headed out of the room.

 

“SungJong!” DongWoo jumped up from the floor when he was sitting. The fronts in the room were obvious as DongWoo and WooHyun were sitting against one wall, Hoya was in the middle between them and SungGyu sitting one the same half broken chair, while the later was frowning on the couch.

 

“I just need a glass of water.” He said in a cold voice and went to the kitchen. He had to move fast, but it wasn’t that easy as the blade was extremely sharp. He had to think of something, so he watered a towel and wrapped the blade in it. He didn’t forget of the water as well.

 

“You’re going back in?” WooHyun asked, also standing up.

 

“Yes.” SungJong replied.

 

“Why the towel?” WooHyun asked, walking closer and SungJong for a second forgot his excuse.

 

“MyungSoo-hyung has a slight fever.” He said and hoped he sounded confident in his words.

 

“Maybe I should go in?” WooHyun already moved toward the door but SungJong jumped in his way.

 

“No. We can switch later or something.” He said and quickly went in to the room, locking the door behind him. “Hyung?” he asked after turning around and seeing MyungSoo sitting on the bed, his face hidden in his palms. His frame shook a little and it didn't take much for one to understand that it was from pain running trough his body.

 

“Mmm?” MyungSoo raised his head. “That was quick.” He said and stood up. He flinched a little and grimaced after taking a step closer to SungJong.

 

“Here.” SungJong handed the towel to MyungSoo, who unwrapped it and took the blade out. “Are you really okay? Maybe rest for few more hours?" SungJong asked and was ready to catch his hyung as the later swayed a little.

 

"No. I can't. I can't waist time. SungYeol needs me. "MyungSoo breathed out and tried to regain his balance as his head span madly because of the pain. He didn't feel it that much before after the fight, as adrenaline made it bearable, but now, after the stitches had pulled his skin together, it felt agonizing and the painkillers the doctor gave were obviously too weak. 

 

"Will you really be fine going alone? What if we need to find you?” SungJong asked, his voice so full of concern it actually hurt MyungSoo a bit more. The teen was nice and he didn't want to hurt him in any way, just like any one else.

 

“If there will be a need, I will call you.” MyungSoo said and headed to the window. “Don’t tell others until you have to.” He said and after receiving a nod disappeared trough the open window.

 

SungJong rushed to the window and looked at the street, that was now empty. How one could jump out of second floor window so quietly and disappear so quickly, especially after being so hurt? What could make one literally become a superman?

 

“Does SungYeol-hyung even know how much MyungSoo-hyung loves him…” SungJong sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, squeezing the glass of water in his hands.

 

 

---------

Yo!
A new chapter is here. It is a bit shorter than previous one, but the previous one was insanely long and the next one will be as well, do yeah.
Decided to write this, as, for example, SungJong hasn’t appeared in the story almost at all and SungGyu ain’t doing much either. Beside, writing to action chapters in a row would fry my brain.
Beside, I kind of had this warm and fuzzy MyungJong feeling xD. As in I really like how MyungSoo treats SungJong and I thought, why couldn’t this MyungSoo do the same? Well, in a little milder way, but still.
Hope none of you hates SungGyu and/or Hoya here, as they just want to protect those who they love and know longer as in Nam, Woo and Yeol.
If you wonder who Dr.Lee is… Lee SeongWoong is Tablo’s Korean name. :]

On another note:
Keep on voting for Infinite
HERE.
And do any of you know where to promote this fic??? Like, 12 more people till 100, so yeah xD.
And here you have a wonderful MyungJong, because I can :] and just look how adorable they are.

P.S. I DO NOT ship them in ual way. If on person in Infinite is 100% straight then it’s SungJong.