He's Back

Can You Smile

 

The doors of the van opened and two bodies tumbled on the ground. Both were men, wearing something close to black suits. They were tied up, their mouths stuffed with cloth. They were obviously alive as they were and whimpering, but someone had beaten them up pretty bad and now they were partly unconscious.

SungYeol took few steps back and tightened his grip around MyungSoo’s body, as he felt the later tensing up as if he was ready to jump out of his grip and attack who ever would come out of the van.

“Get in!” SungGyu’s head appeared from the car and after seeing MyungSoo’s sagging against SungYeol he jumped out himself, stepped over the two guys on the floor (not missing a chance to kick on of them) and went to MyungSoo’s other side. “Let’s move.” He said, as soon as he got hold of MyungSoo.

SungYeol nodded and both of them half carried MyungSoo to the car.

DongWoo was sitting behind the wheel and SungJong was next to him in the passenger seat.

“Let’s exchange places.” SungJong said as soon as MyungSoo was settled in to the car between SungGyu and SungYeol, half laying on the taller one.

SungGyu nodded and they quickly switched before DongWoo started the engine and the car rolled out of the construction site.

“How did you find us?” SungYeol asked first looking at SungGyu trough the rearview mirror and then at SungJong who looked away the very moment.

“Hyung asked me not to tell them that he left, but I couldn’t just left him go without anyone knowing.” SungJong murmured.

“And it’s a good thing he came out of the room to tell us, as those two we dumped out there had decided to pay a visit.” SungGyu said and MyungSoo obviously moved next to SungYeol. “Losers. They were planning on taking SungJong as he was alone in the room. They obviously failed and we forced them to tell where exactly they held you.”

“You should have seen how angry SungGyu got.” DongWoo said driving in to one of the many side streets that s around the new construction sites. “For a second we thought he will kill those guys.”

“Yah, don’t exaggerate.” SungGyu stopped DongWoo from saying anything else.

“But hyung, you really did…”

“I said don’t.” he interrupted SungJong as well and turned to the back. “We will switch back to our car as this is the one those losers drove to the bookstore. We thought it would cause less fuss appearing there with a care the rest of them know and no one would see out car there.”

DongWoo stopped the car and all of them get out just to move few meters to DongWoo’s car that was parked in the alleyway. SungGyu helped SungYeol to support MyungSoo while SungJong rushed forward, opened the door and prepared a blanket to wrap around MyungSoo, as the later was slightly shaking.

“SeongWoong-hyung will be already there when we get back.” SungGyu said moving back to the front seat next to DongWoo, who had already started the engine. “This fool. He should have talked to us first.” He looked at MyungSoo, who, as it would seem for anyone who didn’t know the situation, was just sleeping on SungYeol’s shoulders, his frame wrapped up in a blanket, a red-ish spot forming on the part that covered his back.

“You wouldn’t have listened.” DongWoo said, not hiding his disagreement of others possible reaction.

“I know.” SungGyu sighed and turned a bit to face SungYeol. “How are you feeling?”

The bespoken one raised his head, as he had looked at MyungSoo all the time. “I’m fine.”

“So… He made it in time… Like, before they hurt you…” SungGyu said.

“I guess so.” SungYeol sighed and returned his gaze to MyungSoo.

The rest of the short car ride was quiet. They arrived at the book store and doctor’s car was already waiting in front of it.

Getting up the stairs was quite a challenge as each step could hurt MyungSoo even more and it stabbed SungYeol’s heart when ever he heard a hiss of pain breaking from MyungSoo’s lips on their way upstairs.

 

“You are probably the worst male-nurses in the history.” Dr.Lee said as soon as SungYeol and SungGyu half carried MyungSoo in to the bedroom.

“We have probably the most disobedient patient as well.” SungGyu replied and together with SungYeol carefully laid MyungSoo on the bed on his stomach.

“Probably.” Dr.Lee sighed and leaned over MyungSoo, raising his hoodie and shirt up, to take a look at his back, which was, as suspected, covered in blood trough the bandages. The stitches he had put on the cut earlier that day were probably broken and the wound had re-opened and started to bled again.

“Will need something to clean the blood and help to remove his clothes.” Dr.Lee said and turned to his bag.

“The last I can do myself.” MyungSoo said weakly.

“You’re conscious?” doctor sounded quite shocked and turned back to MyungSoo who had already sat up enough to rid himself from the blood soaked clothes with small help from SungYeol.

“Not for long.” He replied and as soon as the clothes and soaked bandages were taken off lied back down.

“Okay, then someone get a towel or… a bucket of water, I don’t even know, to clean up the mess and then I will put a new set of stitches.”

“I’ll get it.” SungJong said and rushed to the kitchen.

“I should probably stay.” SungYeol said, though his head spun from the sight of MyungSoo’s blood covered and ripped back.

“No, you should go out, wash your face or something and wait.” WooHyun, who had came in to the room as soon as they entered it minutes before said, took SungYeol’s hand and dragged him out. “You obviously can’t stand that sight, so how about you do what I told you and wait.” He said with a smile and guided him to the kitchen sink, letting SungJong with a big bowl of water pass them first.

“I should have stayed.” SungYeol frowned.

“Stayed and fainted and made MyungSoo to worry while the doctor is sewing him together.” WooHyun poured some water in to a glass and handed it to SungYeol. “Are you feeling okay?” he asked after SungYeol drank the glass empty in one-shot.

“Kind of.  A bit worried.” He put the glass on the counter and turned the water on, washing his hands and face furiously. He felt like he's in a trance and the things that had happened today were some kind of strange mirages, a bit too realistic ones.

He still felt how a gloved hand grabs his chin and forces to look at a masked face with a disgusting grin drawn on it; he heard MyungSoo’s cry of pain echoing around the empty room; he felt the scent of MyungSoo’s blood hitting his nostrils; he felt the weight of the gun in his hand.

SungYeol stuck his head under the stream of the water and stood like that for a moment, until he felt a weight of a hand on his shoulder.

He straightened out and looked at WooHyun, who handed him a towel.

“Thanks.” He murmured and rubbed his wet hair with it.

“This had been one hell of a day for you and for all of us.” WooHyun said and led the way to the living room.

The bright blue writing from the wall was gone, a bucket and a scrubber still standing next to the wall indicated that someone had put in quite an effort to get rid of it.

The furniture, that wasn’t entirely broken, was back in its rightful places and positions, all trashed one were taken away, the floor was clean and if not some missing chairs and previously mentioned cleaning utensils, the room looked like every other day.

Hoya seemed to notice SungYeol’s small surprise. “We needed to relieve our stress while you all were gone, so we did a bit of cleaning.” He said with a small smile.

“Thanks.” SungYeol murmured and sat on the couch, but jumped right up as the door of the bedroom opened and SungJong came out, carrying the same bowl he took from kitchen earlier, followed by SungGyu.

“Sit down. SeongWoong-hyung will finish soon and then all he will need is rest and stuff like that.” SungGyu said while SungJong took the bowl to the kitchen and rid it of its content.

“Yes, no need to worry, hyung.” SungJong cam back to the living room and sat on the couch pulling SungYeol along.

“I should go in.” SungYeol murmured and tried to stand up but was held in place by SungJong.

“Sit and rest for a moment. Doctor Lee even kicked us out.”

“Because you are the worst male-nurses.” Dr.Lee said exiting the room. “Your friend is conscious enough to understand my scolding and complain about too weak medicine, so he will be perfectly fine. Just don’t let him go anywhere. I will go now.” He said and headed to the door.

“That’s it?” SungGyu asked.

“What else?” doctor stopped for a moment.

“No questions?”

“I asked your friend and he answered me, so I have nothing to ask you. Now, excuse me, but my wife and daughter are waiting me for dinner.” He said with a faint smile and walked out of the apartment.

“You have very weird acquaintances.” Hoya said.

“Not was weird and stupid as my friends.” SungGyu sighed and sat on one of the chairs. “Are you really feeling okay?” he turned to SungYeol.

“I’m fine.” SungYeol sighed. “I should really go and check on MyungSoo.” He already stood up when the doors of the bedroom opened once again.

“MyungSoo!” he jumped from his seat and went across the room with two big steps, supporting other, who just came out of the room. “You should rest.”

“Korean medicine is really weak, including sleeping pills.” MyungSoo said and went to the couch with SungYeol’s help.

“If you’re awake, we should have a talk.” SungGyu said.

“Maybe let’s wait?” Hoya suggested but SungGyu waved him off.

“Fine.” MyungSoo nodded.

“We are now aware of your past and what you have done.”

“Not again, hyung.” SungJong whined and was shushed down.

“I think it will be completely impossible for us to forget all that, especially what happened today. And it’s not a lie when I say no one of us will be able to act like we don’t know it.”

“Seriously! SungGyu, I though you kicking those dudes till they were crying for their mothers and screaming at them for trying to ruing MyungSoo’s new life was a sign that you are not a fool!” WooHyun interrupted and received a death glare from SungGyu.

“Could you please let me finish?” he hissed and turned back to MyungSoo. “What I wanted to say, is all that doesn’t change how we saw you before and the way you acted toward us. So, we might not look over that, until we forget, but we will…” he took a deep breath “not judge you.”

“Beside, you are willing to risk everything for SungYeol, so, you’re okay.” Hoya added.

“What should I say now…” MyungSoo said quietly.

“Nothing, because everything they said is self-evident.” DongWoo said with a bright smile. “You were a part of us before this misshapen, and you are still, because who doesn’t have dark things in their past?”

“My past is darker than any of you could imagine.” MyungSoo said not quite looking at anyone in the room.

“Does it matter?” SungJong asked.

“It should matter.” MyungSoo replied glancing at the youngest one for a second.

“But it doesn’t and won’t.” SungYeol said resting his head on MyungSoo’s shoulder. “I have never cared about your past, I don’t care now and I will not care.”

“Neither will we.” Hoya said with a nod.

“But you should. This could happen again. Joker was not the main in the organization.”

“Then we will deal with them together if that happens again!” SungGyu stood up. “Listen, you probably heard how I acted earlier. I’m sorry, but I was just worried about WooHyun and I admit about you and definitely about SungYeol too, so don’t mind all what I said then and focus on what I am saying now.” He sighed and took a small pause. “We’re all in to this now anyway, and we are not backing up.”

“Beside, do you really think they would come at you again, after you got rid of that giant?” WooHyun joined in.

“What giant?” SungYeol looked at MyungSoo.

“The professional you heard them talking about.” He replied and turned to WooHyun. “I didn’t want to involve any of you. I just failed to keep all SungYeol and now all of you away from that.”

“Stop.” SungYeol raised his head from MyungSoo’s shoulder and looked at him. “What happened today… We will deal with it if it happens again. I will be more careful, we all will.”

“But you had to…”

“I would do that again and let us not mention it, please.”

“Did you guys just switch to Japanese again or I am the only one who didn’t understand the last reference?” DongWoo asked, sounding indeed confused.

“It’s nothing. Really.” SungYeol said with a faint smile.

“What ever you say.” DongWoo shrugged.

“So, I think this is cleared out.” SungGyu sighed. “We should probably each return home and rest a bit. You two especially need some rest.”

“I don’t think….” MyungSoo started to speak but was cut of my DongWoo.

"We’ll take SungJong home first, then SungGyu and WooHyun to their diner and then we will go to our apartment. Safe, as no one will stay alone for a moment, right?” MyungSoo nodded. “Good, then see you tomorrow, as we will stop by.” He smiled his wide smile, waved, grabbed Hoya by his hand and dragged him out, while other just barely could wave a goodbye.

“Rest well.” SungJong said and briefly hugged MyungSoo and then SungYeol.

“We will.” SungYeol smiled and waved a goodbye.

“As this is not a trauma from job, I will not pay your medical bill. And you can take few days off while you get better and stuff.” SungGyu murmured.

“What he meant was, that don’t even dare showing up in the diner until your well.” WooHyun said with a sigh. “If you need anything, call us.” He said and left, taking SungGyu with him, leaving MyungSoo and SungYeol alone.

“I’m still really sorry.” MyungSoo said, wrapping his arms around SungYeol, after the taller one rested his head on MyungSoo’s shoulder again.

“And I still forgive you.” SungYeol said, being careful with placing his hands around MyungSoo’s middle.

“Those are things you shouldn’t forgive that easily.” MyungSoo rested his head on top of SungYeol’s.

“But I do and that’s it. Let’s just not bring today up without real need and let’s just live like nothing happened.” He said with a sigh.

“SungGyu said it won’t be that easy.”

“SungGyu obviously says a lot of things.” SungYeol raises his head from other’s shoulder to look in his eyes. “Let’s at least try.”

“Okay.” MyungSoo said with a nod.

SungYeol smiled as bright as he could and pecked MyungSoo’s lips, resting his head back on other shoulder right after.

This had been one really long day.

 

------------------------

Hello~

Well, this was pretty short, but anyway.

First of all, I think you all can feel that this coming to its respectful ending, as I have not scheduled any more heartbreaking or any other kind of twists and turns in the plot.
I suppose two or maximum three chapter left, so I will end this next weekend, which leads us to ->

 

-> Secondly, I will start the WooGyu side story title 'Another Me' right after I end this, so feel free to subscribe to it already now.

 

Thirdly, the chance to subscribe to Christmas special will be open next week, so stay tuned. ^^

 

Fourthly, I hope you all have watched Gyu-zizi's piano teaser and are ready to support his solo debut! If not - then better be ready! ;]

 

Fifthly, have some MyungYeol, as always <3
This time with couple jackets (I want one like that too)