Chapter 6

I'm Married to a Girl?!

Jessica timidly approached her father from behind, who is busy reading a newspaper,

“Dad, is it okay if Krystal and I go to a friend’s house this evening. She’s celebrating her birt-“

“No” was his cold response.

“But dad., this is Krystal’s best friend. You can lock me here but at least let my sister go”

“I said no, and that’s final” Jessica marched off the room and went to Krystal who has been listening to their conversation.

“Sorry, sis. Because of dad’s hatred for me-“

“No unnie. It isn’t your fault” she continuously patted her sister’s back to comfort her “How about, I try to talk him out of it?” Jessica could only nod.


----------

As much as they want to puke because of that cheesy speech, they can’t. He sounds different from before. Because of the two of them, he changed. It is sweet “Since it’s been long since you’ve been here, free ice creams!”

“Yay~” Junsu left to personally get them their treat. “Hey. Sica. I just randomly thought of this a while ago”

“What?” she’s still irritated. How could Yuri let that man get her trust? But Yuri is completely oblivious to this.

“You know, since we’re a couple, maybe we should practice kissing. I mean, it’s not like-“ why Yuri is not directly looking at Sica, only she knows.

“What are you talking about? Why do you all have super weird ideas?”

“But I’m right, right? What if people get the wrong idea and think we’re in a fight or something?”

“They really get the wrong idea because we’re not really a couple”

“But still… we’re required to kiss…” Yuri used her irresistible aegyo. Whether she is aware of it or not, it looks like it’s working since Jessica is now blushing.

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and looked away to cover the pink shade in her cheeks. But since Yuri insisted, and she thinks she has a point, she looked at her once more and leaned in. Yuri took this as a signal and leaned in too. Their faces got so close that they can feel each other breathe.

“Umma, don’t you know what privacy means?” a very familiar voice butted in. They turned to see Yoona with another girl.

“Y-yoona! What are you doing here?” Yuri stood up, looking nervous, and had her daughter sit.

“Honestly, you don’t have to show your affection for each other in public. Right, Seohyun?” she faced the girl with her and smiled.

“Ehr… I guess” Unlike Yuri, Jessica went ahead and just talked to Yoona, ignoring Seohyun's presence.

"Yoona! I thought you'd be at school today? What are you doing here?" she scolded, just like a real mom. Or maybe it's just for the embarrassment she received earlier.

"E-eh?! Uhmm... I..."

"Isn't today Sunday?" Seohyun asked.

"Ohhh... So that's why you're apologizing..." Yuri butted in and chuckled.

"You, lied to us?"

Yoona shyly nodded. "I thought you would notice by the time you wake up. So I immediately made my leave" This time, it's Seohyun's turn to giggle "But, how could you not notice it's Sunday today? Every Sunday's family day, right?"

Yuri and Sica's eyes met. They had a deal that they wouldn't let the kid know about their situation. The tanned girl transferred behind Jessica and rested her hands on her shoulders.

"It was Sica's fault. She asked me out on a date, yet again" she faked a blush and looked away. She tightened her grip on the blonde's shoulders to signal her to play along.

Although against her will, she had to do this "Y-yeah" she held one of Yuri's hand "I guess I miss doing this" both her and Yoona groaned, but the former being less obvious.

Seohyun laughed "Auntie, I'm jealous of you. How could you be so sweet to each other?" The couple tried their best to look happy, by laughing, which is obviously a play, but not to the two highschoolers.

"So Yoona, what did you do with...?" Yuri, unfortunately, can not remember that person's name "What's your name again?" While Yoona and Seohyun is busy pondering how Yuri forgot her name, Jessica removed said girl's hands from her shoulders.

"Seohyun, auntie. Yoona and I are classmates"

"I see. So what did you two do?"

"Ehr, Seohyun asked me to tutor her in math. We got hungry so I asked her out here" Yoona, despite having nothing to be timid about, blushed.

"That's sweet. You definitely got that trait from me" Yuri joked with a smile on her face. Not knowing how awkward her wife and daughter are feeling.

"Uhm... Seohyun, you... want me to take you home?" she stood up, and neared the other girl.

She was about to answer when Yuri cut her "Why don't you visit our home?"

"What?!" Jessica and Yoona said in unison.

"What? She's a family friend. Why not? And you've been there before, right?"

"Actually, no"

"Then isn't this the right time. Come on Yoona, invite your friend" she encouraged. But Jessica approached and pulled her away for a private talk.

"Yuri, just what are you thinking?"

"Bonding time!"

"Huh?" she let go of her, waiting for an appropriate answer.

"You see, now is the time to get to know our daughter better"

"Would you stop referring to her as 'our daughter'? It's weird" she crossed her arms.

"But she is 'OUR DAUGHTER'. Anyways, what do you think? I'm right, aren't I? Aren't I?" she repeated when Jessica didn't answer.

"Fine. Just make sure that you won't mess this"

"Aye, aye, sir"