Chapter 13

I'm Married to a Girl?!

“Okay, okay. Just be careful with her”

 

“Yeah…” Taeyeon approached the still drinking girl and crouched at her level “Hey Yuri, stop it. Don’t drink just because of a stupid fight”

 

“Stupid fight…”  Yuri, all of a sudden, grabbed Taeyeon by the shoulders and forced a kiss on her. She fought back, though half-heartedly. She knows it’s wrong but Yuri is dulling all her senses. She doesn’t care if it’s right or wrong.

 

----------

 

“I liked Yuri. Well, I still like her but in a different way now. We’re best friends”

 

“Good for you” Tiffany and Taeyeon had gotten closer in a short period of time, maybe due to their pleasant personalities. They are in a coffeehouse. It was Tiffany’s request, caramel coffee is her and Jessica’s favorite.

 

“Yep. Actually, I have a new interest now” Taeyeon secretly smirked, before stealing a glance at Tiffany, her eyes travelling downwards to her behind. When she looked back at Tiffany’s face, she was met with an awkward stare from her.

 

“Ehr, are you checking me out?”

 

----------

 

Jessica finally woke up.  Rubbing her eyes and yawning cutely, she made her way to the kitchen for a drink of water.  Noticing that her guests are gone, she took out her phone, gift from Sooyoung, and left a message for Tiffany.

 

Bored with nothing to do, she was thinking of sleeping again in their room. There she spotted Yuri’s teacher uniform.

 

‘She’s back…?’

 

Then she remembered something. It is her birthday and every time it is her birthday, her dearest sister is always there. She texted Tiffany again asking for the Jung’s telephone number in America. If there’s anything, Jessica is always dependent on her best friend. She is thankful that she came here for her.

 

Finally she received a reply with the number on it just like she requested, and a simple ‘We’ll be right there’.

 

There’s something odd with Tiffany. Every time they’ll text each other, she is always so cheerful. Yes, she is too cheerful that Jessica can feel it even on the other line. And ‘we’? Who are those ‘we’?

 

She ignored the strange feeling and dialed. She eagerly waited for someone to pick up and at last, a voice answered,

 

 

Hello?

 

“Krystal!”

 

Unnie?!

 

“Where the hell are you?!”

 

Eek! Uhmm… I live with dad” ‘Dad…’ “Unnie! Happy birthday”

 

“Thanks Soojung. But you should have come here instead. I’d be a lot happier”

 

“… I’m busy, unnie. Mianhe”

 

Jessica let out a frustrated sigh. She knows that she can’t just force her baby sister to come there, but she misses her so much she feels like crying. Just then, the door opened and Taeyeon and Tiffany entered, both laughing from a joke Taeyeon made earlier.

 

And now, Jessica feels so left out, wishing her seobang would come home.

 

----------

 

‘Lots of love?! What the hell was that?! I’m her wife here!’

 

Yuri puffed out her cheeks in annoyance. After coming to their house, she went out to the market. Even though she had no idea about it, today is Jessica’s birthday, and despite being late, she will prepare for it.

 

Glistening from afar, something caught her attention.  Carrying a box in one hand, and her other hand resting on her hoody pocket, she approached it.

 

“Here here, couple rings for a small price” Sunny is enthusiastically calling out attention, selling her fake jewelries.

 

“I’ll buy it”

 

“Yes ma’am, right away” Sunny packed the couple rings and passed them to Yuri. The black pearl took her wallet out, since she’s just starting out the amount in it is not that big. “Wait”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You… You were the girl that went missing 17 years ago!”

 

“Eh?”

 

----------

 

“Kyaa~! Jessi!” Tiffany, who is in the kitchen, screamed. Taeyeon and Jessica ran to her side from the living room. It was a mess. Exactly the same as Yuri left it after eating. Apparently, sleeping beauty didn’t notice this before. “T-the- The cake!” Tiffany pointed at the table where the cake was supposed to be, but only some strawberry frosting that looks like a blood-spatter on the tattered box was there.

“I didn’t do that!” Jessica defended. She was the only one in the house when Tiffany and Taeyeon went out, or not. There was Yuri.

 

Just then, humming some random song, Yuri entered the scene carrying a new cake looking proud. She gave Tiffany a death glare, wherein said girl crossed her arms at her.

 

“Hi Sica. Happy birthday” she greeted cheerfully.

 

 

“Thanks Yuri but,.. what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at work?” Jessica questioned.

 

“I, uh,” Yuri cleared “I got fired”

 

“What?!”

 

“Sorry Jessica! I just- I had no idea what to do!” she reasoned out, clasping her hands together, hoping her wife would let this go. But Jessica continued to ignore her. She pulled out a small box from her pocket pants, the box for the couple rings she bought, and handed it to Jessica. “Here, my gift for you”

 

Taeyeon, knowing how Tiffany is feeling, whispered something to her. Tiffany did her infamous eye-smile and along the shorty, ran away from the scene.

 

“What’s this?” Jessica asked, trying to keep her cool.

 

“My gift for you”

 

“I know that, pabo! Aishh…” she opened it roughly, but stopped when she saw what’s inside. She glanced at Yuri who is smiling sheepishly and scratching the back of her head.

 

“You know,” she took the box in her hand once more, and grasp one ring out “we don’t even remember having our wedding so” placing the box above the table and holding Jessica’s hand, she continued “Jung Jessica, do you take me, Kwon Yuri, to be your wi- husband” they both laughed “to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?”

 

Jessica let out a mischievous smile before answering “I do, Kwon seobang” sharing a sweet smile that conveys their message for each other they communicate “You KkabYul, do you-“ forgetting the next lines, she stopped to ponder about it “Do you, blah blah blah, etcetera etcetera, until death do us part?”

 

“Of course my princess” Yuri inserted Jessica’s slender finger into the ring and Jessica did the same. “You may now kiss the bride”

 

“Oh shut up” as she giggle, Jessica slapped Yuri’s face. It was meant to be playful but she hit harder than expected, she didn’t notice this though so Yuri acted like nothing happened.

 

“So… I guess I’m forgiven?”

 

“What? No. You’ll still be punished Yul”

 

“Ohh, pretty please” using her aegyo, she pleaded.

 

“No”

 

Yuri sighed in defeat. She can never win against the ice princess. “Well, happy birthday”

***************************

A/N Finished this at 12 midnight :3

Sorry for the late update >.<

Our summer class is really taking a toll on me T_T