Chapter 10

I'm Married to a Girl?!

“Yoona!” she found her in her bedroom, using her computer “I need your help”

The younger girl immediately closed the monitor and faked a smile “Yes?”

“I need your help with something. Follow me” Jessica marched off without even waiting for the tall girl. Yoona opened the computer screen once more to reveal her facebook. She opened her chat box with a ‘Seo Joo-Hyun’ and typed in ‘BRB. Umma called for me’. She anxiously waited for the reply when Sica called again “Yoona, where are you?”

“Be right there, mom” then a soft ‘ding’ was heard from the computer. Her chatmate replied, ‘ok. I’ll w8 4 u :)’ Yoona did a victory fist. There’s a smiley~ Then finally ran to her mom, who is walking back and forth in the kitchen, but stopped when she spotted her “Yeah?”

“Uhmm Yoona, you see I… I wanted to surprise Yuri. So I’m thinking of maybe preparing a small dinner for her”

“Okay…” she urged her mom to continue.

“Please help me, Yoona. I have no idea what to do!” she said in a fast manner while grabbing Yoona’s hands.

“But umma, you don’t need me. You wouldn’t be called super chef by her if you aren’t a master in kitchen”

“What? S-“ she stopped herself. She really needs to get used to this surprises. Expect the unexpected. “But… wouldn’t she be more touched if her family work together?” when Yoona turned to her side to ponder about this, Jessica just has to cover from vomiting. First, she has a sudden urge to make Yuri smile. Now, she’s getting cheesier like Yuri.

“Fine” Now it’s the blonde’s turn to do her victory fist. Like mother like daughter.

“So, where shall we start?”

----------

Yuri is going to the school, like what Jessica told her to do, at the same time thinking about what’s going on with her life now. And why are all these things happening? Is it possible that there’s an outside force responsible for this? Like someone who is far more powerful than a simple human? Too many questions.

But this is what Yuri knows, when she’s with Jessica, these things doesn’t matter anymore. She just enjoys her company too much, more than she does with Jaejoong or Sooyoung or… Taeyeon. Even though all she does is nag or be angry, even though she always wears a scowl, she wants to make Jessica smile.

On her way to the school, a lady wearing a scarf that covers almost all her face is selling bouquet of roses. How about getting Jessica one? She laughed at her own thought, but still reconsidered it and bought. When she was about to give the payment, she caught a glimpse of the lady’s face.

Her eyes widen in shock. It was Hyoyeon, the waitress.

“Hey, you are-“ before she could finish her sentence, Hyoyeon ran off. But Yuri wouldn’t just let her slip off; she has something to do with these strange events, that’s what’s in her mind.

----------

*POOF*

Jessica and Yoona’s faces are black after accidentally burning their first dish.

“Oh. My. God” were the words that left Yoona’s mouth. Jessica quickly wiped it off and proceeded to the stove, about to try and cook a new dish “No, no, no, no! What are you doing?!”

“We shouldn’t let something like this stop us, Yoona! We’ll succeed in cooking! Hwaiting, Sica~!”

“Aish…”

----------

Jessica decided to start with a salad first, thinking it was the easiest, while Yoona make the punch.

“First step…get a bowl and a head of lettuce?” the blonde mumbled while reading the cookbook. She took a lettuce from the refrigerator and broke the leaves off, then put it on the bowl “Add some veggies that you like” from the counter are the other vegetables that she can put in. She took tomatoes, celeries and herbs, then used a knife to cut them smaller, but still had thick pieces. She grabbed another vegetable absentmindedly, a cucumber. When she was about to cut it, she realized what it was and, “Kyaa~!” she threw the cucumber wherever and unfortunately, it landed on the punch Yoona was making.

“Yah! Mom! What are you doing?!”

“C-cucumber…” she stuttered out. The goddess-faced girl, pouting, threw the wasted vegetable to the trash bin.

“Oh well, this punch will do”

----------

Yuri, panting, decided to stop searching for the mysterious ex-waitress. She just disappeared out of nowhere, and there’s no way that Yuri could still find her. And since it’s getting dark, she’ll just go home and take a rest.

----------

Jessica and Yoona are crouching, and staring at the oven, waiting for their cake to finish. When it does, Jessica excitedly took it out, a heart-shaped cake, chocolate flavored, with an icing in the middle that spells out ‘YulSic’. She let out an involuntary giggle for the successful cake, while her daughter smiled for her.

“Yoona, you know what to do later, right?”

“Yup. Just give me the signal” she winked playfully to her mom.

Then they heard the door creaked open, a sign that Yuri is here. They rushed to remove all signs of the surprise and closed the lights in reach. While Yuri, proceeded to the living room and slumped down the sofa. Jessica and Yoona waited patiently at the dining room for Yuri, not knowing that she’s about to fall asleep in the sofa.

After 5 minutes, Jessica decided to just call her, stomping in the living room, when she saw her angelic sleeping face. Her anger from a while ago seemed to cease as she sat at the couch and caress Yuri’s soft cheek.

“Yuri-ah…” she called out to her. Yuri’s eyes fluttered open, and she smiled warmly at the blonde as she sit up “Uhmm… aren’t you hungry?”

“I am. But it’s not like you already prepared your beloved husband’s dinner” she joked and giggled, making Jessica nervous that she already knows the surprise.

“Then… why don’t you go and see?” Yuri raised an eyebrow at her, but still obeyed and went to the dark dining room. To her surprise, there were petals of roses scattered on the floor, making the scent lovable. Candles are litted in the table, among with the different dishes Jessica and Yoona worked hard in making.

“Uhmm, what’s going on here?” Jessica led her in and had her sit, then she sat on the opposite end of the table so they’re across each other. She snapped her fingers then a romantic music started playing, and in coming a butler-clad Yoona that served them. Even she was confused at this for this wasn’t in the plan but Yoona only mouthed her a ‘What?’ in which Yuri giggled. Yuri reached for the punch to drink but after the first gulp, she spat it out. Yoona laughed nervously and ran out the room while Jessica instantly ran to Yuri’s side “Why does this taste like cucumber?” she manage to croak out.

“It does?” Jessica sent a glare to Yoona who is hiding outside the dining room. But she only received a wave and a grin for a reply. She tried to wipe Yuri’s mouth but she stopped her.

“It’s okay. Just… get me water” she nodded shyly.

----------

“Hmm… this salad is good” Yuri complimented which made Jessica beam in delight. She was about to proudly say she made it but Yuri continued “Except… you could have put some meat, for protein” now that made her frown “But it really is good”

“Oh. I nearly forgot” she ran to the fridge and took out something, the cake. She placed it in front of Yuri.

“YulSic?”

“Yeah. It stands for Yuri and JesSica”

“Cute” she said and pinched Jessica’s cheek that made her blush. But she quickly covered it by saying,

“Here, let me cut it for you” she offered and cut a slice for Yuri, she also took one for herself and returned to her seat. Yuri took a bite, and her eyes literally almost jump out of its socket, but she continued chewing. How could she mistake salt for sugar?! But she didn’t say it out loud. Awhile ago, Yuri purposely point out mistakes to tease Jessica, but she thinks it’s enough and bear with this salt-filled cake. “How is it?” completely oblivious to Yuri’s suffering, she asked with a smile.

“G-good…”

“Fufu, I made it”

“I… see…” then an idea came to mind. She stood up and took Jessica’s hand. She placed it on her neck while hers rested on her slim waist. They danced along the music, swaying along it as their bodies move in rhyme with each other. Jessica couldn’t stop the heat spreading not just in her face, but her whole body. Her heart is thumping so loud she is worried that the girl dancing with her can hear it.

When she looked up, she was met with Yuri’s black orbs. It’s so mesmerizing she found herself staring at it. But what startled her was when Yuri started leaning closer. So close that their lips are about to touch. About to kiss. But Jessica felt those lips on her cheek, to her dismay.

“Sica, thank you for all this. I really appreciate it” she held her hands as she show how grateful she is.

“No problem” but Jessica is still in disarray. Yuri should have aimed for her lips. Jessica Jung, what are you thinking?!

“Uhmm, sorry but, I’m already tired”

“That’s okay. Even I am after all this”

“Let’s go?”

“Let’s” the two went to their bedroom and fell into a deep slumber after today’s activities. Again with Yuri hugging Jessica. They forgot about their daughter who was still in the dining room cleaning their mess. She swore she’ll make them pay for this. But deep inside she's also happy that her parents are back to normal.

*************

A/N Longest chapter so far >_< But I guess I owe you a lot for making you wait. And to those who haven't seen it, the trailer is in the foreword. SPOILERSwithhintsaboutwhosefaultisallthisSPOILERS