At Jieun's House

The Timing is Always Off!

Jieun's POV

I went home and greeted my younger sister, Jin Ri, who was waiting y the door for me.

"Annyeong unnie!" she said with a big smile.

"Annyeong~" I reached down and fixed her hair.

She is 12 years old and she is precious to me. She is very pretty and I can tell she has a lot of admirers but she's too oblivious and innocent, which makes her even more cute. She is the only one who knows that I like Jonghyun, because obviously I couldn't talk to Jonghyun about me liking him. She was the type of girl who stays positive no matter what. She is very strong on the inside.

She should be. She has to be.

I could hear my parents in the kitchen yelling their heads off at each other. They've been doing so for about a month know. I'm really scared about them. Sometimes, their fighting got so bad that my dad leaves the house for the night and sleeps at a hotel or something. I didn't know what to do, so I just avoided them most of the time. I can't remember the last time they they smiled at each other.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" My mom yelled "I'M AN IDIOT?!?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IT MAILED THIS MORNING!" My dad yelled back. "I MAILED IT IN THE AFTERNOON! THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE!" 

Sometimes their fights were so stupid. I held my little sister close to me.

"Have you eaten dinner?" I asked Jin Ri. She shook her head.

"Arraso, I'll make dinner soon." She nodded her head and smiled at me.

"YOU'RE OVER REACTING!" My mom yelled as she stomped upstairs.

"Aish, that woman," I heard my dad say under his breath as he went out the back door to the backyard.

I made Bulgogi and served it to me and my sister.

"I could've eaten the ramen, it would've taken 5 minutes to cook! Why did you cook this big dish?" She asked.

"You know I don't like instant ramen, it's bad for you. And besides, I like to cook," I said.

After we finished eating and cleaning we went upstairs.

I was doing my homework when someone knocked on the door.

I opened it and it was Jin Ri.

"Unnie, c-can I sleep here tonight?" She quietly asked.

"O-oh sure. Wae?" I asked.

"They're fighting in their room," she quietly answered.

I nodded my head and guided her to my bed. She started sleeping.

I went back to my desk and did the rest of my homework. 

No texts from Jonghyun today. Normally every night we text and call each other non stop. But not today. I felt my heart drop.

It was 9pm. I decided to go for a walk. 

I went to the local department store and bought some snacks. Then I headed to the park.

Our neighborhood was really safe, but kind of boring. The street lights were bright and there were lights and sounds coming from different houses. 

I sat on the swings and let out a big sigh. I could see fog coming from my mouth. It was pretty cold, winter was coming really soon. I had thin leggings, a pastel coloured long sleeve and flats. I was really cold. I started to shiver. I stood up to walk back home but someone called my name

"Jieun?" A husky voice called me.