You're mine for the entire day

The Timing is Always Off!

Jung Jieun's (YOU) POV

"Please! Please! Please come to school tomorrow!" I screamed through the phone.

"Why should I?" Jonghyun said stubbornly.

Who does the punk think he is?! He's skipped an entire week of school just because "he didn't feel like it" and I'm not letting him miss another week.

"Your grades will get lower! Don't you care about them?" I said.

"Jieun, I'm a musician. What do I care about grades?"

"Well, you'll be a stupid musician if you don't come to school!" I fired back.

"Ouch, that hurt...but I'm still not going." He said. I could hear him smirking.

FUUUUUU!

He's my best guy friend, I care about him. There, I said it! I don't like him and he doesn't like me as more than a friend - at least thats what he thinks. He's a school kingka. The player, the rebel, the hipster. But to me, he acts like a complete dork. I don't see why girls fall for him all the time. No offense to him. He rebelled against everything. Teachers, coaches, his parents. And he always want to do the opposite of everyone. But I like the way he hates overrated stuff and people. I'm just like him though. The way we think is similar except for the fact I think school is important. I'm pretty popular too. I'm known for being a player too unfortunately. I'm a confusing girl. One moment you see me at the game store throwing my money over the next Call of Duty game and the next you see me trying on some rings and earrings. Boys are always confessing and asking me out. Sometimes I say yes because I'm bored. I do try though to make the relationship fun (in a clean way...I'm not like that!) I have a cool, smart, seductive act but only around people I'm close to, I'm super dorky and clumsy.

Aish...I don't need him! I have plenty of other friends! I'm a queenka too for crying out loud!

I do need! him. I miss him. I haven't seen him because his parents don't let any of his friends in their house and he's too lazy to get his anywhere. He was actually my closest friend. He would always be my first choice and I would be his.

"I heard Minhee, Hyomin and JooSun are in another fight again. We can watch and make fun of them!" I lied.

"Eh...what else you got?"

 "Mr. Lee shaved his entire head. Now he looks like a raisin."

"Keep going."

"Please come to school tomorrow...for me, Jonghyun oppa?" I tried to say in a cute/seductive way.

There was a long pause. I hate calling him oppa. He was 8 months older...big deal! Same year. That's my logic.

"Fine, I'll go..."

I was about to open my mouth to say something.

"But you have to spend the entire day with me," he said.

WHAT?!?!?!

He gets me into trouble when I'm near him! After school he has 4 hours of music and basketball! He gets followed around by a crowd of girls! Will it be worth it?!

"Reply in 5 seconds or I'm not going to school this month...5...4...3-"

"FINE! I'LL DO IT!" I agreed.

"Okay! We better go to sleep now if we're going to school tomorrow! See you tomorrow, Jieun. MWAH!!!"

He said and hung up quickly. I checked the clock. 2am?! Aish...Kim Jonghyun!

 

-The next day-

 

I was walking towards the ladies room when someone called my name.

"Jieun!"

I turned around and I see Jonghyun walking slowly towards me. My face broke out into a smile.

"Jonghyun! You came to school!" I ran to him and hugged him.

He surprisingly picked me up and twirled me.

"Where were you going?" he asked when he put me down, "You're mine for the entire day."

Jieun's POV

 
"W-what?! You were serious about that?!" I asked nervously.
 
"Of course. You said to go to school for you and here I am. I only came here for you, ya know," he said.
 
I accidentally blushed and Jonghyun caught me.
 
"Awwww! Are you blushing because of what I said?" Jonghyun said teasingly as he pinched my checks.
 
"Alright! That's enough! I'm going to the ladies' room and NO! You cannot come with me!" I said.
 
Jonghyun chuckled. 
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
She's too cute. Yes, I do like her. Everyone probably knows except her. She's practically a girl version of me except she cares about school. Which I find cute on her. I was a musician. I've always wanted to be one and Jieun has stood by me the entire time. I was in SHINee with Onew, Key, Minho and Taemin. They attended school as well. Everyone has already gotten used to us and respects us.
 
We're graduating this year from high school. Jieun and I go way back to elementary. I was a kid that was always singing and playing instruments and humming 24/7. I was going to a new school and in that school, I met the weirdest queenka ever, Jieun. She was a queenka even before high school. But she wasn't like the others. She was very pretty. She was witty, smart, athletic and independent. She wasn't mean at all - okay maybe she is a little but it never really hurts anyone because they know she doesn't mean it and she's just teasing. She's friendly but once you get to know her, she become really close. She was strong and she could handle herself. She had common sense and loved school.
 
On the first day of 6th grade at a new school, the teacher asked me to sit beside Jieun. I could feel all the girls stare and drool over me. I have to say, I'm pretty good looking. I got kinda nervous but when Jieun started talking, she made it okay.
 
"Hi! I'm Jieun! Let's be friends, arraso?" she said, smiling.
 
I was surprised. "Yeah! I'm Jonghyun by the way."
 
"I know, silly. You just introduced yourself in front of the class," she said in a teasing way.
 
5 minutes of silence passed by. Boy, I felt stupid. 
 
But then she said "Wait, what's your name again?" scratching the back of her neck.
 
I laughed. We started talking about the most random things.
 
I made more friends but she was the closest. We always made each other laugh. I would always go to her house and just be with her. She couldn't go to mine because my parents were always drunk and abusing me and I didn't want that to happen to her. I never told her about this. I was too ashamed. That was the reason I was a rebel.
 
I remembered in grade 7, she got asked out for the first time. I was with her. She was walking and I was behind her and then all of a sudden Kyuhyun, one of the school kingkas, confessed to her.
 
"Jieun, I've liked you for a really long time. Will you go out with me?"
 
She quickly turned her head around at me with a surprised look. I gave her a smile and a small nod.
 
"Yes," she said.
 
"Yes! You've made me so happy!" Kyuhyun said.
 
I remembered feeling jealous but I forced myself to be happy for her. Then I realized that I already fell for her.
 
Three days later I wanted to tell her how I felt but Sulli confessed to me.
 
I said yes but I still had feelings for Jieun.
 
That day forward, we we're known as players. We had multiple relationships but I still felt the same way about her.
 
But what's annoying is that whenever I'm single someone HAS to ask her out and when she's single, someone asks me out.
 
We could say no but for some reason, we didn't want to. I guess it was an impressing game.
 
It's fun but one day, I'll confess to her.
 
Jieun's POV
 
I went out of the restroom and I find Jonghyun leaning against the wall looking like a supermodel.
 
"So, now that you're mine, are you ready for what I have planned?" He winked.
 
"Aish...why are you trying to act seductive? You're such a dork," I said pushing him out of the way.
 
​He chuckled, "I am not, you are."
 
I was about to fight back but the bell rang.
 
"Time to go to homeroom! C'mon!" I said grabbing his wrist.
 
He pulled me closer to him, I was still grabbing onto his wrists, "What's the rush? Why don't we stay out here for a while."
 
​I tried dragging him to class but it was no use, I wasn't strong enough.
 
"PLEASE! I'M GONNA BE LATE FOR CLASS!" I yelled.
 
​He stared into my eyes and I stared crying.
 
​As the first tear fell he panicked, "I'm sorry! Don't cry! I'll go to class with you now! Sorry!" he wiped my tears.
 
​Haha! So gulible!
 
"Yay! Let's go!" I say as if nothing happened. I held his hand this time and led him to class.
 
"I can't believe you would do that," he pouted.
 
"Yeah, well, I think you've known me long enough to know that I would," I stuck my tongue out. Merong!
 
​As we went to class, luckily the teacher wasn't there yet. All eyes were on us. "They so like each other!" "Isn't she dating someone?" "I wish I could be them" were some whispers I heard.
 
Everyone knows us as players but they also think I'm in love with this dino.
 
​But I am...
 
​We were so alike and we could talk about anything. We would never get awkward or mad with each other. He could make me laugh any day and I love the way he treats his girls, even if there are a hundred. Sometimes I even get butterflies in my stomach when I'm with him.
 
​One day, when both of us are single for once, I'll build up the nerve to try to confess.
 
*Flashback*
 
"Jieun? Jieun?" Jonghyun kept repeating. We were in first year high school back then. We were at my house studying when I zoned out.
 
"N-neh?" I said.
 
"Jieun? What's wrong," he asked. He could tell that something was up as always.
 
​Should I tell him? I've never been able to talk to people about my problems before, even with girls. I was nervous but I wanted help and relief.
 
"Well, you know my boyfriend? Jino?" He nodded, "I should've said no to him..." I said.
 
"Why? I thought you wanted a serious relationship for a change?" he said.
 
"I do but, It's so awkward between us, we don't even talk anymore or do anything."
 
"So break up with him," he said.
 
"I don't know if I can. He really likes me, trust me."
 
"I can tell, he always acts different around you, but who can blame him?" 
 
I started explaining to him why I can't break up with Jino but I wanted so badly.
 
​He interrupted me while I was explaining, "Just saying, you can tell me anything. Even about the most awkward stuff."
 
​I smiled and I knew I could trust him with anything now. My checks went red. That's when I started to fall for him.
 
​I never told anyone though, I lived life still being a player but I still had feelings for him.
 
​Dammit Jonghyun! Why did you have to be so perfect!?
 
 
 
.