Swings

The Timing is Always Off!

Jieun's POV

"Jieun?" Someone called. I whipped my head around to identify the person behind the voice.

"M-Minho yah?!" I said startled. He was very close behind me. He smiled down down at me.

"Mianhae, Jieun. I didn't mean to scare you," he said as he pushed me on the swing. Higher and higher I started swinging.

I love to swing. I would consider it a hobby. I just love the wind on my face, blowing my hair back as I go higher. Even if I'm just sitting on one, slowly rocking it, it makes me feel better. I'd bring my sister to the park sometimes. She wasn't really a swinger though. She preferred the monkey bars. I remember Kai took me to the park for a little date once. That was my only date at the park and I was grateful. Jonghyun took me here too, unfortunately it wasn't a date. There's always something about the park and swing that give me peace.

I giggled as Minho stopped me from swinging. He sat on the swing beside me.

"So, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Just wanted to walk for a bit. My feet took me here," I answered, "What are you doing here?" I asked him back.

"Coming home from the library," He replied.

"With SHINee?"

"Mhmmm."

"When will you guys move back in your dorm?" I asked.

"In two weeks. Three weeks at most. I wish it were longer though, that way, we wouldn't have to start our busy schedules so soon," he answered.

I gave an amused huff, "Poor Minho, just a crazy famous idol who just want to get away from it all and live the life of a normal person," I said with a fake pout. 

Minho faked a frown, "Yah, you make me sound like I'm part of drama." (To The Beautiful You, anyone? haha)

"You might as well be, your life is so exciting!" I argued.

He chuckled, "So anyways, why'd you want to take a walk?" 

"I just want to be distracted from all the things on my mind," I said.

"Poor Jieun, just a normal girl who wants to get away from all the drama and hate in her life," he mimicked me.

I gave a real pout, "Yah~ that's my joke!"

"I'm just teasing. So what are the things that you need to be distracted from?" He asked carefully.

Let's see...my parents fighting all the time. Practically raising my own sister now. Being in the honor roll and being a top student. I haven't seen my girl friends in a while. Boys, especially Jonghyun.

I frowned. My eyes were watering.

I was about to tell Minho half the truth but he stopped me.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I'll try to be some help by letting you cry on my shoulder," he smiled.

And with that, all these tears started pouring from me. I usually didn't cry, but I was at the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I usually didn't show my pain and I just let it build inside of me.

Minho put his arms carefully around me and I started to put tears on his shirt. He didn't care. He just want to comfort me. I was very grateful.

After about 20 minutes I finally stopped crying. My eyes were starting to get really heavy though.

I stood up, "I should be getting home now. Bye, go home safely okay?" I tried to smile.

"I can't you walk by yourself. Although this neighborhood is pretty safe, I just feel uneasy letting you walk home alone. Plus it's a gentleman thing, just go along with it," He smiled as he stood up.

He went in front of me and bent his knees a bit. I was confused.

"Get on," he said.

"What?! Oh, no, it's okay. You really don't have to!" I tried to argue.

"C'mon, get on before I carry you bridal style," he teased.

I hesitated for a while. I gave a big sigh before hopping on his back as lightly as I could.

"Komawo," I whispered into his ear.

"No problem," he smiled.

With that, we arrived at my house. I said goodbye to him and snuck inside.

I was really tired so I just threw on some sweats and a black tank top.

I plopped on the bed beside my sister and went to sleep, regretting this day...but I smiled at thought my time with Minho at the park.