An Unexpected Guest

The Timing is Always Off!

Jieun's POV

It's been 6 days. Jonghyun has ditched school for the past 6 days. I haven't talked to him since. This made avoiding him a bit easier though. Not by much but I take what I can get. I haven't really talked to SHINee. Just in classes we had together. I've spent more time with my friends. Sure I've got a lot of "friends" if that's what you call them. Most girls use me to get with my ex-boyfriends. Other girls are intimidated by me yet I don't know why. I only have one good friend, best friend. Her name was Gaeul. Unfortunately and fortunately, she was on vacation for the past 2 weeks. She came back yesterday. Also, we have NO classes together which . I only get to see her after school and sometimes at lunch if we didn't have extra curricular activities to attend to. She was a fashion designer and I was an artist, as in painting, sculpting, drawing and such.

She's one of the very rare people that keep me level headed. She was really pretty, she was a lot cuter than me as in aegyo, we were mostly alike I guess. Except for the fact that she's never dated. She thinks relationships should be taken VERY seriously and she's never found a guy who wasn't afraid of commitment yet. That's why I haven't told her I liked Jonghyun yet. She'd freak and start scolding me.

For the past 6 days, since Jonghyun wasn't with me, boys have been asking me out left and right. I'm pretty sure my ex's were asking me again. Today, Gaeul had to stay back in class because she needed to review what she missed during her vacation. It was lunch time. Man, I hated sitting alone. I can't be alone, ever. That's my biggest fear - loneliness.

Should I sit with the annoying girls who would talk to me about boys? Or maybe with the boys who would drool over me. I should probably sit with the smart people, but they'd probably feel awkward around me and either not talk at all or have trouble talking. Rebels? I can only handle one at a time which is Jonghyun.  SHINee? Where were they?

I let out a big sigh.

"Hey Jieun," A husky voice said behind me. The person walked to my right side with his tray. I looked and saw that it was Kai.

"Oh, hey Jogging," I said as I smiled at him.

When I first met him at my sister's dance studio, he was lifting a heavy mat when he told me his name, which was Jongin but I thought he said Jogging. I let out a giggle because I thought that name was silly. He looked at me with an amused but confused smile.

"Nice to meet you Jogging, I'm Jieun," I said smoothly trying my best not to laugh.

"I'm sorry, what? Jogging?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"My name is Jongin. J-O-N-G-I-N. Kim Jongin," he explained.

At that moment I bursted into laughter. He chuckled.

"Just call me Kai," he said. 

But that was no fun, I decided my nickname for him was Jogging.

"Aigoo, stop calling me that," he said with a little pink in his cheeks.

"No! It's my nickname for you!" I argued.

He sighed in defeat. "Anyways, do you want to sit with me for lunch?" He offered.

"Oh, sure," I said as I followed him to his table.

"So, how goes it with Kyrstal?" I asked.

"Fine, we're friends but I think I'll have to wait a while until I confess to her," he shrugged.

I took a bite out of my lunch and noticed him smirk.

"How's it with Jonghyun hyung?" he asked.

I nearly choked on my food. I thought he forgot about that because I've always about Krystal and not once did he mention Jonghyun. 

"H-hyung? I thought he's your sunbae?" I asked.

"Did you forget? I'm Taemin's cousin. Of course I'm close with SHINee."

I narrowed my eyes, "None of your business." 

"It's okay, Taemin and Jonghyun already told me."

My eyes widened. "What?!"

"Don't worry," he said through his smirk.

I was about to say something but the bell rang. 

Kim Jogging, I'll have to keep my eyes on you.

After school, I went home to the usual. My sister greeting me with her soft hugs at the door and my parents greeting me with their loud angry yells to each other.

"Jiuen!? Is that you?" my mom asked.

"Y-yes..." I said as I went to them.

"Your father is going to be away for a while because his business is relocating temporarily starting tomorrow and I'm visiting your aunt to help her with her pregnancy for a month in two days. I'm sorry if this seems sudden but can you stay home with Jin Ri alone for the time being?" My mom calmly asked.

I nodded, "Y-yeah, sure. You can trust me."

They smiled, "Great, thanks darling. We'll be back before you know it."

So, my parents will be out for a month minimum? I don't know whether to be excited or to be scared.

This wasn't the first time but most of the times it was just a week at most.

I can do this. 

- one week later -

Me and Jin Ri have been fine and safe. I've spent more time with her and Gaeul at my house bonding. 

Jonghyun hasn't gone to school yet. It bothered me a lot. I'm just gonna have to be patient.

It was 9pm. Jin Ri is in her room sleeping. Gaeul left an hour ago and I'm in my room doing my homework.

Things were peaceful but then I heard the doorbell ring.

I carefully went down the stairs doing my best not to make a sound. I tiptoed to the door peek hole and looked through it. I didn't see anyone.

I unlocked the door and opened it to see if this was a prank. This better not have been or else I would track those annoying kids down and teach them a lesson.

I opened it and I held my breath as my eyes widened.

"Hi, Jieun," he warmly smiled but there was a hint of guilt in it.

"Jonghyun?"

He had a duffle bag slipped on his right shoulder.

"I ran away from home," he said, "can I come in?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm sorry, I've been having troubles accessing my own computer and I've mostly been going on my phone and what not. Now that I had the time and the computer all to myself, I updated ! Yay~!

​Thank you for you subcriptions and comments ^^ :)

​Soooooo, who has seen To The Beautiful You? I am in love with Cha Eun Gyeol aka Lee Hyunwoo ! He's too cute ! His hair looks like Jjong's lol.

​Ok, annyeong! See you next update my lovely readers ^^