Protective Jonghyun Oppa

The Timing is Always Off!

Jonghyun's POV

After 2 periods without Jieun, I finally get to see her at lunch.

When the bell rang, I coolly walked to the cafeteria. 

Oh man...

Jieun...with Kai...who she's dating...didn't expect that.

I didn't want to get in the way of them because I would be a total jerk if I did that to Kai and Jieun...even if i do love her.

I sighed, got my lunch and went to my regular seat.

"Hyung! I got an A in English! Now we can go overseas!" Taemin happily said, holding up is exam to my face. 

I smiled. "Good job Taemin!" I patted his head. 

"Good thing I tutorted you, right Taemin?" Onew said.

"Yes hyung. Thank you!" Taemin gave him a hug.

"YAH! I tutored you too! I'm the best in English for crying out loud!" Key yelled.

"I was going to thank you too, but now you're mad..." Taemin said looking scared. Minho patted his back.

"I'M NOT MAD!" 

"Yeobo! Just sit down," I said pulling him back to his seat.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is SHINee.

After 5 minutes Key finally spoke.

"Isn't Jieun supposed to be with you for the entire day?"

"Hyung, she's with Kai," Minho said.

"Yeah, well...I'll spend time with her after lunch," I said.

"Do you plan to confess to her today?" Onew asked.

"No, she's dating Kai," I said.

"Aish, it's been like 5 years, yeobo! Confess! You are such a player!" Key exploded.

Just then, Minhee came to me and sat down next to me.

"Hi oppa!" She said as she blinked furiously. I raised my eyebrow, "Hi Minhee."

"So, I was wondering if you would go out with me after school today?" She asked in her really fake aegyo

"No, thank you," I said.

She gave me a glare and just walked away.

"Why did you say no? I thought you say yes to everyone?" Taemin asked.

"No, Taemin, I don't say yes to everyone. Plus me and Jieun think she's really annoying."

The bell rang. Yay! Time with Jieun!

I walking to class with Minho when someone grabbed my shoulders.

"Jonghyun! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" Jieun pleaded.

"It's okay, I didn't want to get in between you and Kai," I said.

"Wait, what? OH! Oh yeah, we broke up"

"Really? So you're single?"

She nodded her head.

Yes! Opportunity! 

Just then Hyebin tapped my shoulder. 

"Can't wait for our date tomorrow oppa!" She said and walked inside the classroom. Oh yeah, I asked her out three days ago....

...ASDFGHJKKLDKASHFKWJAEHTIJHSIJKHGFFNVKJUIAGQEH!!!!!!!! WAE!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

​Opportunity....gone.

Why is fate so cruel to me?!?

​Jieun's POV

​​Wow, didn't see that coming. This is what happens all the time and I don't know why.

​I went to the back with Jonghyun and SHINee.

"Noona! I got an A in English!" Taemin happily stated.

"Yes, I know. Good Job, Minnie!" I gave him an eye smile.

"Noona! Are you going to our soccer practice?" Minho asked.

"Basketball!" the members corrected him.

"Oops, too many sports to keep track of," he said.

"Yah! Minho, it's not nice to brag!" Onew scolded.

"Hehe, yeah I will," I assured them.

"Then you'll get to see me destroy Minho!" Key flaunted.

"Ha! In your dreams!"

"We'll see about that. Jieun knows I'll win!" Key said as he put his arm around me.

I was just giggling.

"She's laughing at you! See! Of course she knows I'll win!" Minho said.

"No hyung! I'll win! I'll destroy all of you just like my opponents Pokemon!" Taemin joined.

"Aish..." Minho mumbled.

​Jonghyun was awfully quiet this period.

Jonghyun's POV

​I could see the way other girl stare at you, Jieun. 

I never knew girls could be so scary.

I looked at Jieun who was in the arms of Key and touching Minho's lap and laughing as Taemin was making faces with Onew. Why Jieun!? I know she's not flirting, she's just naturally like that but all the girls are giving her death glares.

"​Jonghyun! Hey! Buddy?" a voice shook me back to reality.

"Oh, hi Jaesoo." I greeted him.

"Can I borrow your notes for - oh hey, Jieun! Jonghyun, you're with my babe?" He said protectively.

Everyone became silent and payed attention. Jieun, who was actually really close to me, practically on my lap. A minute ago I thought she was closer to Key but she must've moved closer to me.

"I'm not your babe anymore and stop calling me that. I broke up with you," she hissed.

"Please, you're only playing hard to get. I know you wanted me that night," he winked and bend down to put his hand on her thigh, just bellow her skirt.

"Don't touch me, you ert," She tossed his hand off of her with an angry face

​All the SHINee members faces were disgusted by what Jaesoo meant, even Taemin who looked at the members first before making an uncomfortable face.

"Do you see that Jonghyun? She's trying to tell me - "

"Jaesoo, just go away," I sternly said.

"Jonghyun, man what's wrong with -

"Just go, and don't ever talk to Jieun."

​With that he just left.

"Thank you," Jieun gracfully said. It absolutley made 100 butterfulies fly inside my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Thanks for waiting patently. I will continue to write chapters so please look forward to that! HWAITING!

I want to thank @citylights for the amazing posters and dealing with my annoying self hehe....

@Sherinaaa - Thank you! I love cute stories too! Fluffy stories FTW! I will do my best to update often arraso? Thanks for your comments! I really appreciate them! :D

@UyenLee - Thanks! Isn't fangirling so fun? I love it, don't you? Anyways, thanks for your comment and patence!

@ElmoBrew - Awwww thanks! I means a lot to have a loyal reader like you ^.^ They really should just confess already right? They're so stubborn! Haha, thanks for your comments!

@ArchersInMusic - Unnie! Yes, I will update and yes, I love the arm picture too! I will keep posting random stuff like that at the end of my fanfics :)

@mprincess - yes, like I've said, I will do my best to update often. Look forawrd to the rest of the story :)

Time for randomness!

I've been seeing so much Ontae gifs lately and I think it's cute!

​AND I FOREVER SHIP BAEKYEOL!