Chapter 2: Guess x 3

Ambiguous Relationship

Inside one of the dressing room for the ever so popular Taiwanese variety show “Wo Cai, Wo Cai, Wo Cai Cai Cai”, aka Guess Guess Guess…

 "ai mei rang ren shou jin wei qu..."

Chun, Calvin and Jiro looked at each other knowing that this ring tone can only belong to one person.

Jiro: Aaron, wakeup and answer your phone. You should really get started with your hair and make up too. We are filming in 30 minutes.

Aaron finally sat up after 5 minutes and rubbed his sleepyhead face: where are we?

Being a student and a full time artist is not easy. A lot of times you fall asleep in the van and wake up in a different city.

Wu Chun: you were way too passed out so I carried you in. did you forget that we are filming “wo cai” today?

WHATTTT!!! How did he forget? Aaron almost jumped out of his own skin. It’s ok, he tried to calm himself. He’s just gotta do this hair, makeup and change in 20, it’s no problem. He just hopes that no one saw the way he was carried in, especially Rainie.

Calvin: don’t worry Aaron; we shielded you for her sight, ok?

 Aaron’s admiration for Rainie was not a secret among Fahrenheit, or matter of fact the whole industry. But how much he likes her was something they all wondered about. They meet a lot of pretty celebrities and Aaron is a popular guy but somehow he never seemed to care about any of them the way he cares about Rainie Yang. Aaron never explained and they never bother to ask since it seems like other male artist are expressing their love to her left and right.

Aaron looked up at her picture of the wall. The only thing separating them right now is this wall but she might not even know that he exists. Therefore he did the boldest thing he could think of and that’s telling everyone in the world he likes her through live TV. If she is the Rainie he’s been looking for them she would understand. If only she’s the Rainie from his past, from his childhood, his Rainie…

 

After setting her hair and makeup, Rainie double checked her note card against the run-down posted on the wall.

Her co-host for the day, Pinky Yang Qian Pei, who also happens to be one of Rainie’s good friend followed her with a goofy smile on her face.

Pinky: Rainie, I like the filming schedule today, it’s going to be interesting.

Rainie looked at her suspiciously: Pinky, are you up to something.

Pinky shook her head: it has nothing to do with me. Just our producer decided to put two of your admirers on the same show. 

Although Rainie has been out of the country, rumors about her what about did not stop for a second. There were rumors about her and Show Luo Zhi Xiang not getting along when the reality is that he’s like an older brother, always taking care of her. She also heard the news about some guy name Yan Ya Lun and her “Shi Di” Evan openly expressing their admiration for her.

Rainie checked the names of the guest again and there they are.

Pinky: If I were you, I would pick Evan because he’s soo talented.

“Who likes who now?” When it comes to gossiping, Xian Ge Jacky Wu, always show up at the right time.

Rainie almost laughed out loud because she knew Evan and her were more like a joke. Yan Ya Lun on the other hand… She only met him once, the last time Fahrenheit came on “Wo Cai”. They filmed two episodes to be aired on August 12th and September 16th. Through out the 12 hours filming section, she barely heard him spoke. But a few times, she caught him looking at her. Maybe it’s his hair style but Rainie has a strange feeling about him, ever since she first heard about this new group called Fahrenheit.

 

As soon as filming was over, Aaron hid in the restroom to calm himself down. He couldn’t believe they made him sing to Rainie and then Xian Ge aka Jacky Wu, totally made him looked like a fool. But above all, how is she going to look at him? Aaron came out of the restroom, his face were still dripping wet.

Jiro came over to him: yo Aaron, are you ok?

Aaron: ya, I’m fine.

Jiro: ok, we’re all waiting for you to take a picture. You coming?

After what happened early, Aaron wanted to say no but he knew he would regret it later: ya sure.

Rainie still looked as casual as before and she smiled at him when he came back into the studio. And this time, Aaron was closer to Rainie than the previous two times when they took the group picture. Maybe it was intentional or maybe it wasn’t but the media definitely had a field day!

Fahrenheit's 1st time on Wo Cai:

Fahrenheit's 2nd time on Wo Cai:

Fahrenheit's 3rd time on Wo Cai: