Chapter 7: Happy Birthday

Ambiguous Relationship

While Aaron joined the rest of Fahrenheit for their over sea’s promotion, Rainie was overwhelmed with work herself. Yet, rainie still found time to check up on Aaron’s blog regularly. Even though he had never mentioned it to her, she could tell he was under a lot of pressure. He was even criticized for the stuff he wrote on his blog. Tomorrow happen to be Aaron’s birthday, so Rainie decided to leave a private message for him. To her surprise, the blog was deactivated. It was not unexpected since Rainie herself had to deactivate her yahoo blog and use the one provided for her through Super Mars. However, she felt the pain of losing another way to communicated with him. Rainie checked her watch and saw that it was almost eleven at night; Rainie felt it was ok to give him a call and wish him a happy birthday.

The voice that greeted her on the other end was cheerful and happy as always but there was a unmistakable nasal tone to Aaron’s voice. Rainie could hear Chun complaining in the background: Aaron, get off the phone. You should be resting.

Aaron insisted that he was ok and after promising that they will celebrate together, the two finally said their good nights.

A few minutes later, Rainie’s phone went off. The number was from Aaron but to Rainie’s surprise it was Jiro. It turned out that Aaron had three episode of high fever since he arrived at Hong Kong. Yet, he insisted on going to every photo shot and autograph session with the group. Jiro wasn’t sure why he was calling Rainie or how she could help but he had a feeling that it would be the right thing to do. Somehow Rainie felt that she was partly responsible since he probably caught the cold from waiting outside the shop. After getting off the phone with Jiro, Rainie had a plan. She has less than 24 hours to go to Hong Kong and back but adventures are what make life exciting right?

Even with his high fever, Aaron arrived at the Hong Kong head quarter of HIM. Today

Fahrenheit was suppose to record their next hit “超喜歡你(Chao Xi Huan Ni)” that will  be released with the new drama “ Kimi Hanna, 花樣少女” starting Chun and Jiro.

But after two hours and about 15 tries later, Aaron still couldn’t get his part right.

Producer: alright, why don’t we take a break? Aaron, why don’t you look over the song a few more times?

Chun: I’m starving; let’s go get something to eat.

After everyone has left, Aaron sat down in front of the piano.

Aaron: what is wrong with me? I’m known for my ability to sing wherever, whenever but now I can’t even get two lines right.

He tried to play the melody on the piano but he was so dizzy he couldn’t even see straight (Any normal people would act the same with a fever of 104).

Aaron closed his eyes; he doesn’t need to see to play music anyway. But before he could do so everything around him went pitch dark.

Aaron: did someone turn off the light?

No one answered so Aaron got up and tried to find his way through the darkness.

It took him a while to reach the door and just as he was about to turned the knob, the door opened in front of him.

“happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Aaron, happy birthday to you.” Jiro carried a cake with 21 candles burning on top while the rest of his buddies and their promotion team cheered on.

Calvin: come on make a wish and blow out the candles.

Aaron’s face turned from surprise to pleasant as he closed his eyes and made his three wishes: I wish that Fahrenheit has even more success in the next year. And I wish everyone a good health. As for the last one, I will reserve it for myself.

Jiro: I’m pretty sure we can guess what your last wish is pretty easily so before you blow out the candles let’s show him the gift that will hopefully make his wish come true..

Aaron looked from Chun, to Calvin then back at Jiro. Everyone took a step a side to reveal a clear path for Aaron.

Aaron thought he must be day dreaming because there she was, as beautiful as ever. In her hand was a carefully wrapped gift box. Rainie walked up to him with the sweetest smile he has ever seen: happy birthday Aaron, this is from all of us.

Tears of joy were swirling in his eyes, threatening to pour down his cheeks any minute. Aaron quickly took a deep breath: thank you guys, I really don’t know what to say.

Jiro: how about blowing out these candles so we can all have some cake.

Chun puckered his lips: hum…cake.

Aaron and Rainie exchange a quick look; they both laughed.

Rainie watched as Fahrenheit recorded their new song. It was evident that Aaron really had a passion for singing. Rainie couldn’t help but feel sorry for the emotional baggage that follows him for simply doing what he loves to do. However, the recording went much smoother after and they were done within 2 hours. After having dinner together, everyone else decided to check out the night life at Hong Kong. Even though Aaron is now legal to be part of such gathering, everyone advise him to go back and get some rest. Of course, Rainie was also suggested to go keep him company (wink, wink from the rest of Fahrenheit).

After they returned to the hotel, Aaron took his medication and was knocked out soon after. Rainie checked his temperature frequently and check his ice pack every 30 minutes. The frown on Aaron’s face was slowly replaced with a light hearted smile; he was finally having a pleasant dream. Rainie sat by his bed with a book opened on her lap. The book has remained on the side page since it was cracked opened. Not only was she worried about him she felt herself unknowingly drawn to him. His skin is gentle and soft like a baby. It almost looked like it was glowing under the light. His cheery shade lips curled up at the end to form a perfect smile.  But mostly she was looking at his eyes. Tonight, the clear and sparkly-ness was hidden; instead it was replaced by a gentle feeling of happiness. Even his eyes were smiling back at her.