Chapter 3: The MC Song

Ambiguous Relationship

 

 

Nowadays, between work and school, Aaron barely has time to go home. Therefore no matter how late it is, his parents always insist on chauffeuring him to and from work. Today, he had a nice 12 hours gap between filming, so Aaron waited patiently in the dress room while the other members of Fahrenheit went with their promotion team.

Aaron put on his Ipod and closed his eyes. His fingers moved in the air like he was playing the piano. His body begins to relax while the music flowed through his mind. This has become his habit when he was still in the states. Every time he wanted her to hear his thought or something he wrote for her…

He was surprised when the director of KO One decided to put his little habit in the drama, including the song he wrote many years ago. But more so was the fact that it became such an identifying characteristic of the popular “Ding Xiao Yu”.

 

Rainie knocked on the door but no one answered: “they probably left already” she thought.

She was about to leave when she heard someone humming from within the dressing room.

Rainie followed the voice and found its owner playing the air piano in the corner of the room.

Judging by the smile on his face, he’s obviously enjoying his own company so Rainie took a seat across from him; she too was enjoying it. It was several minutes later that he finally opened his eyes.

Rainie: that was really good. What is it called?

Aaron was so surprised he almost fell off the chair: why…you… here…how did you hear?

Rainie almost laughed out loud at his bewildered look but she recovered quickly. She handed him a bracelet like accessory: I found this outside. I think one of you might have dropped it while filming. And I don’t have any special power like the characters in K O one but I really like the song you were humming…very loudly.

Aaron was kinda embarrassed but when he saw her got up he was quickly overwhelmed with disappointment, she was about to leave.

But instead she took out her cell: can you write down the name of the song so I can download it later. It’s not really called “the MC song” right?

Recalling the scene from K O one they both smiled knowingly.

Aaron: no it’s called “Bao Hu Se (aka Protective Color)”. I can send it to you through MSN if you want.

Maybe it was only he’s imagination but he thought her smile was even brighter than before. Rainie answered without any hesitation; even she was surprised by her own action.

Staff: Rainie, you ready? We gotta go.

They quickly exchanged Screen name.

“I won’t be home till pretty late so don’t wake up” Rainie said jokingly before she rushed off leaving Aaron there trying to memorize her S/N so he would not forget it for the rest of his life.

 

During the ride to her meeting with Cai Jie, the producer that’s famous for putting together hits such as meteor garden and Devil beside you, Rainie tried to hide the smile on her face but the image of Aaron keeps popping up in her head.

Rainie(in her head): what is wrong with me? I gotta stop this.

Rainie’s manager: Rainie, are you feeling ok?

Rainie shook her head and told herself to snap out of it: yea, I’m fine.

But there was something about that smile…something so familiar...

Rainie tried not to think about it during the meeting but she could barely concentrate, until she heard someone mention Aaron’s name.

Rainie: (Am I imagining things or did Cai Jie just mention Aaron’s name?)

Cai Jie: rainie, are you listening? Mike’s schedule might not work with yours so we are looking at a few other options for male leads. I was thinking Vic Chou and Show Xiao Zhu. Also, have you heard of this new boy group called Fahrenheit? They just signed with Comic Production recently. I think Wu Chun and Aaron Yan would be a good fit.

Rainie happened to think that Cai Jie stressed Aaron’s name a second too long, she has probably been keeping up with the news as well.

Although Rainie was very excited to hear the mention of his name, she tried to keep her cool: I think all of the guys you just mention would be fine. We know Vic and Xiao Zhu can definitely carry the box office. As for Wu Chun, I heard nothing but good things from Ariel who worked with him on Tokyo Juliet. But the problem with all three of them is maybe over exposure since Vic and Show both has a drama airing soon.

Cai Jie: what about Aaron then?

Rainie: I think Fahrenheit’s schedule is very tight since they are promoting their CD and I think he is still a student as well.

Cai Jie: that is true.

Rainie: but yea, if the schedule works out I wouldn’t mind but I think a lot of fans are looking forward to another drama with Mike and me.

Cai Jie: you are absolutely right. I got so many fan mails about a sequel to devil beside you, it’s over whelming. Ok, so I guess the plan is then, Mike as the first choice but if he doesn’t work out then we try Aaron Yan.

Being the master at creating controversy, Cai Jie’s mind was already running at 100 miles per hours. With the recently rumors between the two, She can only imagine how easy the promotion with be.

 

Aaron playing the air piano in K O One