Chapter 5: Romance in Paris

Ambiguous Relationship

 

 

About four hours later, Rainie was on her way to the Taipei International Airport. This time she will be going to Paris for a week and to attend the Chanel Spring fashion show. Maybe it was curiosity or maybe it was out of boredom, Rainie decided to try the number Aaron gave her over MSN. Five minutes and about a thousand imagined responses later, Rainie gave up. She wasn’t sure what to expect but her mood was now compactable to the gloomy Taipei weather.

An hour later, Rainie checked her cell phone one last time; still no response. It was time for take off and she finally turned the phone off…

 

 

Meanwhile at the filming site of K O Family, all the Fahrenheit members were crowded around a stretcher.

Aaron’s father (who’s also a doctor): Aaron’s got a fever about 103 degrees. I think the torn ligament in his knee might be causing an infection.

Jiro: what, 103 degrees? I can’t believe he was filming all day with a fever. What was he thinking?

Calvin: why don’t we let him sleep for a few hours but will he need additional surgery?

Aaron’s Father: We might have to re-evaluate later base on whether or not the fever goes down.

Chun: but we’re supposed to start our Hong Kong and mainland promotion tomorrow.

Jiro: Oh no what should we do?

Aaron’s father: Let’s figure out one thing at a time. First of all, let’s get him to a hospital and then we’ll call HIM and figure out the traveling plan.

Meanwhile, Aaron was clutching his cell phone the whole time. The only problem is he’s not awake to see the blinking screen.

 

 

 

 

After unpacking her suit case, Rainie turned her cell phone back on. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw an un-read message. 

“Rainie Jie Jie (means older sister); I heard that you are in Paris for the fashion show too. We’re even staying at the same hotel. I think it must be faith. Would you like to have dinner with me sometime? We can even attend the show together – Evan”

Evan Yo is an up and coming artist signed by Sony BMG and Jacky Wu’s favorite disciple next to Jay Chou. Ever since his first appearance as the pianist for Rainie’s “Meeting Love” concert, he has been rather out spoken about his feelings for her. Rainie thinks he’s very talented and she enjoyed his company but when it comes to romance she only view him as a younger brother. 

 

 

On the other hand, Rainie couldn’t figure out why she feels so disappointed. It just cannot be over a guy she talked to for less than 10 minutes combined. But then why does their 10 minutes encounter feels like a life time worth of memories?

 

 

Two days later, Aaron was finally released from the hospital. His fever was gone and his knee was recovering as well; but the rest of Fahrenheit was already touring Hong Kong and China without him. As a perfectionist and the lead singer, he was disappointed at the out come but the conclusion was beyond his control. However, the text from Rainie seemed to bother him more than everything else. He texted her back as soon as he could but what he learned from the paparazzi was even more overwhelming. She’s in the company of some other guy. He’s still not sure whether or not she’s his Rainie but Aaron decided that he must do something about it. He’s not gonna let anyone steal her heart in the city of romance, not unless the person is himself.

 

Rainie at the Airport

 

Aaron at the hospital

Rainie and Evan at her concert after party

 

Rainie in Paris