Chapter 9: Whenever you need me

Ambiguous Relationship

Chapter 9

 

While back stage waiting to make her appearance, Ariel took out the hello kitty comb she borrowed from Rainie and fixed her bangs for the last time. This caught the attention of Aaron who was standing nearby. His heart skipped a beat while his mind raced with possibilities? How could this be? The comb Ariel was holding looks just like the one he had given to his childhood friend Lin Lin almost ten years ago. Could Ariel be the girl that he has been looking for? If so why has she never mention it before? If she’s not then how do you explain the hello kitty comb? This comb is so unique because it was only made in limited editions from Japan; it quickly became a collector’s dream and was sold out the same year. Aaron had to beg his dad for two whole days plus achieved the best grade in his class on his final exams before he was rewarded the possession. He smiled at the memories when he presented Lin Lin with the gift. Her smile was so bright it was almost blinding; it was the first present he ever given her.

Ariel noticed him looking at her: Aaron is there something on my face?

Aaron couldn’t withstand the curiosity so he decided to be straight forward; something that he can never seem to do with Rainie (why would this be, I wonder?): I was just looking at the comb. It’s really cute.

Ariel: you think so too? I got it from a friend. Oh Aaron, I gotta go. We’ll chat later ok.

Aaron: oh ok.

Friend…could she be talking about him? Now he is even more confused.

 

After Fahrenheit’s interview, Aaron’s mind was so bother by the event that he took out his phone and dialed a familiar number within even knowing.

Rainie answered after three rings: hey Aaron, what’s up?

Aaron: Rain…Rainie?

Rainie: yea, is everything ok?

Aaron tried to find something to say quickly: oh yea, I’m fine. I was just wondering what you were up too.

Rainie: I’m at the studio shooting my new McDonald ad with Show.

Aaron: oh ok. Alright, good luck then. I’ll talk to you later?

Rainie hesitated for a moment; Aaron was kind of unlike his usual self but she decided to let it go. She had to get back to work: ok, bye.

 

 

It was break time at the studio for the new McDonald advertisement; Rainie put her head down on the dresser and her hands on her stomach. It is days like this that makes her hate being a woman. Her back was aching and the storm in her stomach was tearing her part. Xiao Zhu, whose Rainie’s partner for the day has been a perfect gentleman in taking care of her. Not only was he making hot chocolate for her, he’s telling jokes all day to keep her mind off the pain.

But things are not getting better and now she even has a headache.  After she received the strange phone call from Aaron, Rainie couldn’t help but wonder what’s up with him.

Show: Rainie are you feeling ok? We should be done in a few more hours. Since they belong to the same management they often works together, Show has always been like a brother to her.

Rainie gave him a warm smile; but she knew he was only trying to make her feel better. The truth is they barely have two scenes down which translate into a very long day.

Show sat down next to Rainie: there’s more to just the cramp right? Is something else bothering you?

Surprise was written all over Rainie’s face and Show gave her an all-knowing smile; he was always good at reading people.

Rainie: it’s nothing really. Just this guy that I’ve been talking to, he’s acting kind of weird.

Show: that’s it? Oh you should have asked me. When it comes to guys playing hard to get, if I claim number 2, not one dare take number 1.

Rainie laughed dryly: do you think he’s playing hard to get?
Rainie almost smack herself for saying it out loud: I mean why do I care? I don’t even know if I like him.

Show laughed: let’s not play the “I think I like him but not like him, like him” game. We are all adults here. I mean it’s perfectly fine to like someone, Rainie. And I’m not saying that you need to make up your mind now. Why not give the guy a chance to buy you dinner, go out on a few dates before you decide.

Rainie: but the thing is, what is he’s not interested?

Show: oh come on, when did you become so unsure about yourself? Besides who can say no to our “Ke Ai Jiao Zhu” (mean the Princess of Cuteness)? Tell you what; I’m having a big party for Christmas why don’t you bring him along?

Rainie replied with her sweet smile: ok, I’ll call him and let you know. But thanks for the invite.

Show: no problem.

After Show walked away, Rainie took out her cell phone. While she was still hesitating on whether or not she should call him, her phone went off. The name on the screen was…Aaron

 

Rainie picked up the phone: hello.

But there was no reply.

Rainie: hello…Aaron, are you there?

After a few more seconds of silence Rainie was about to hung up her phone, that’s when she heard the music over the line; followed by Aaron’s smooth vocal:

 


想對你說的 讓他先說了
從此只能 猜測
你流淚是因 快樂
想要給你的 他先給你了
從此只能 附和
寂寞和愛 本來難分割
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

 

When Rainie noticed everyone else in the studio looking around for the source of the voice, she realized she was not the only one who could hear it. She puts the phone down and started searching for the source of the melody.
祝福你是我的保護色
專心扮演朋友的角色
在你們擁抱的那一刻
我心一分為二

欺騙你是我的保護色
甘心做個愛情的弱者
真愛不死就能逃的遠遠的
等待是我職責

路越走越曲折 不能回頭了
能傷害我的 都是我愛的
還保護什麼
~~~還保護什麼

祝福你是我的保護色
專心扮演朋友的角色
在你們擁抱的那一刻
我心一分為二

欺騙你是我的保護色
甘心做個愛情的弱者
真愛不死就能逃的遠遠的
等待是我職責
愛你是天擇

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

 

Rainie searched the room one by one and finally in the room at the end of the hall way, she found Aaron behind the Piano. The song also ended at a perfect timing.

Aaron put the cellphone to his left ear as they stood facing each other from opposite side of the room.

Aaron: when I got here, I saw that you were in pain. I wondered if there’s anything I can do for you. I remember the first time we talked you called this the MC Song. I know it’s kind of corny but like Xiao Yu told An Qi in the show, I wanted you to know that from now on, if you ever feel sad or pain just dial this number. I will appear in front of you no matter where I am. You can call me at any time but I hope that it is always good news you share with me over this line.  

A tear drop rolled down Rainie’s cheek; at that moment not only did the storm in her stomach calm down, the confusion in her heart finally cleared up.

Ya Lun will always have a special spot in her heart and no one can take that away from him. But at this moment, Aaron has successful claim a spot of his own.

 

 

Author’s note: all the KO One fans this scene, probably sounds familiar. This part made me fell in love with Aaron helplessly and my heart goes out to him 100%. Although that An Qi girl couldn’t act to save her life (haha, better calm down a bit), Aaron was soo cute and sweet. haha, so this chapter is kinda a cheap imitation. Anyway, I hope everyone like it.

 

And here is a link for those who would like to hear the song:

shorter version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANxVI5-kOhs&feature=related
Full version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4Zjdry2Jw&feature=related

Show and Rainie's Mickey D advertisement


Show trying to make Rainie feel better.