Meetings

Harmony Of Jung Family

 

Dancefloor. Boozes. Disco Ball. Party. Riot.

 

Those things were present in the so-much-called-bonding between the seniors and juniors meetup that NUS held in the university, at first it was a formal meeting with speeches and Singaporean Professors all over, but as the formal meeting ended, soon an upperclassmen provided a 'afterparty' that he said, a form of welcome to the novices back in the university, informally.

 

The juniors, of course didn't have the right to go home as they threatened to inform the Professors that they have behaved very intolerable. Some library geeks sighed in depression, wanted to finish their respective activities but had no choice but to follow the order given, but some party maniacs cheered blithely, some refreshments in the middle of their intense study seemed to be a good idea, thought them.

 

Unfortunately, Sulli was in that group of society.

 

The other two, were not.

 

The party started with Usher's “DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love”, everyone turned insane and jiggled along the song which has the swift tempo and beats that invited the listeners to dance. The University's DJ (a sophomore who named after himself 'Beat Buster') was responsible to turn on the heat of the party, a party full of alcohols and ladies with minimum clothings.

 

In the midst of that riot, two girls were sitting at the edge of the bar, currently drinking their Lemonade and Ice Lemon Tea in silence.

 

This .” Krystal muttered.

 

What?!” Victoria asked the younger one what she was saying as she couldn't hear it. Krystal's small voice was swept by the loud music that echoed in the whole room.

 

This party !” she was loud but no one cares, only Victoria felt sorry to have her here, to herself too.

 

I know. But these are things we have to endure in our freshmen years!” Victoria increased her volume as well, her encouragement to Krystal didn't really gave a mean to Krystal. She was tired with these kind of things, she had enough in Seoul when Jin Woon asked her out in such chaotic bashes, ended up vomiting what she had consumed for dinner before she went to those parties.

 

To have to experience it again, with no Jin Woon around, was hell.

 

When will this be over?! I have classes tomorrow!” to Krystal's concern, it was nearly nine in the evening and stacks of her homework were waiting for her back in the condo.

 

I don't know! Probably we could sneak out from this crowd! Let's grab Sulli and get back home!” Victoria suggested her secret plan in a not-so-secretive manner.

 

Agree! When will we start our runaway?!” Krystal asked.

 

First things first, I'll go to the toilet then we shall commence! Don't go anywhere and shoo all the flirts! Keep my seat and I shall be right back!” Victoria stood from her chair and strolled to the toilet where was located a bit far from where she sat with Krystal, she knew it would take some time before she could finish her bussiness since she was in her period, that's why she gave Krystal such warning.

 

She drummed her fingers in boredom, finishing her third Ice Lemon Tea in one gulp. Back in Seoul, she was being strict of not getting anymore sugar due to her ideal diet program, then again, in this party, she couldn't find anything else to do but to drink, at least it wasn't alcohol, she thought to herself.

 

She looked to the dancefloor where people gathered around to see some boys doing break dance to impress the girls, then she wondered what's so great about them, about parties, about why her idler sister craved so much of parties.

 

Tired to see the riot for long enough, she decided to open her agenda, full of her schedules, first thing in the morning, class at nine.

 

Suddenly, when her attention was absorbed in the book, someone occupied Victoria's seat.

 

In disbelief, she revolted. “Hey, that seat's taken!” she said in a clearly spoken English.

 

The Asian man replied. “Jinjonghae, agasshi (Calm down, young lady), I don't mean any harm.” he spoke in a mixture of Korean and English, surprising Krystal.

 

You speak Korean? Or are you by any chance a Korean?” she adjusted to his languange.

 

I can speak Korean, Mandarin, English, and a little bit of Japanese, FYI.” he gave Krystal an additional unnecessary information that Krystal wasn't looking for, a slight remembrance of Jin Woon plastered on this guy's image, “and yes, I am Korean.”

 

Okay, first of all, I don't need an information of your language capabilities. Second, you're sitting on my friend's chair, and I don't really respect that.” dryly she replied.

 

He shrugged indifferently. “This is University's chair and when your friend left it, it became a vacant chair, I just took what I could claim.”

 

Her nostrils flared in annoyance. “Well, not while I'm around, Mister. I was told to keep this chair.”

 

And you are someone with the authority, I suppose? You didn't even put something on it to mark that it has been taken, so don't blame me because you were dazed on the dancefloor just then.” Krystal had to admit that she was wrong for not putting something on the chair, but she still thought it wasn't her fault, the Korean man didn't even ask.

 

I know though, you were too much of a geek that wished nothing more but to join those groups. I can help you out if you want to dance and let out your true desire, but let me rest a bit–I did quite a show back then.” he thought ill of Krystal's behavior.

 

Putting Krystal in disgust, the latter didn't take his insult lightly. “I was told not to listen to flirts, now I can see why, they do have low self-esteem.” she replied sarcasticly.

 

The young man scoffed. “Wow, did someone woke up in the wrong side of the bed this morning? Take it easy, you have guts and quite sassy mouth for a girl who sits alone.”

 

And you have quite of bravery to sit here and testing my patience, you might regret that you did, though.” Krystal challenged confidently, the man remained indifferent, howsoever.

 

You sound like you are capable of eating people alive.”

 

I am not, but I am capable of turning down people like you and displacing you out of my friend's chair.”

 

Try me.”

 

Krystal tried to shook the chair from him, but his weight was too much for her to handle, He tried to push him, but came exchausted due to fundamental difference of power between man and woman. The man could not resist but laugh at Krystal's futile effort, it wasn't intentional for him to make fun of the young lady, but god, it was so tempting to see her frown.

 

Krystal, of course, felt even more insulted to see his satisfied face. “You think this is funny, huh? Making fool out of people?”

 

I didn't enjoy it at first, but yes, I had to admit it is.” Krystal's rough slap was about to land on his face, but he managed to stop it in time with his next statement. “But I don't plan to make a ruckus here, so here's the deal, when your friend comes back here, I'll give her seat back. You won't be seeing me thereafter, deal?”

 

To have her distinguished Unnie sitting on the same seat as this jerk is might seem a bad idea, but she could do some cleansing before her Unnie sits, problem solved. Deal then.

 

I could tell your that your face agreed, so save the energy, let's drop the topic and reconcile, find a better one.” the young man suggested.

 

Oh, so now I am obliged to have a chitchat with this guy? The latter thought cynically.

 

Or you rather to continue pushing me around?” the man read Krystal's unlikely face to share a conversation with him.

 

Nevertheless, she complied to his first suggestion.

 

Fine.”

 

The young man was smiling, maybe his intention was never bad after all. “So what major are you attending?”

 

Economy, Bussiness to be precise.” her answer was as short as possible.

 

The young man didn't seem to mind her brief response. “I see.”

 

And you?”

 

You wouldn't like the answer.”

 

Damn it.

 

Is it a curse or is it just my bad luck?”

 

Fate, perhaps?”

 

His choice of word was poor to Krystal's opinion. “I could emit what I've just consumed this afternoon.”

 

Because you see things in me negatively in every way, I had to fix my image in your head.” The young man smirked as he took a sip of his Chocolate Milk Shake, too childish drink, Krystal judged.

 

What?” he seemed to be able to read every Krystal's gestures.

 

Nothing. Nothing at all.” she averted his interrogating stare.

 

Hmm.”

 

A stiff fake cough was audible to the young juveniles, they whipped their head around to see who it was, Song Qian was back, with not a very pleasant expression.

 

I thought I had made it clear not to deal with flirts, Krys.” she spoke in Korean, thinking that the man wouldn't understand, but she chose the wrong language indeed.

 

He took your seat when—”

 

Well, if it isn't Qian Noona.” he interrupted calmly, putting the girls in surprise, especially Krystal.

 

Victoria leaned closer to see who happen to knew her name, she seemed to be getting something, to Krystal's ken.

 

Please, please, please don't let Vic Unnie knew this guy because if she does

 

Jongin-ah?”

 

Dang.

 

It's been a while since EPIK (English Program In Korea) time. How are you, now?” darn it, he sound so friendly.

 

I'm doing great, really! How about you?!” the blonde was beyond enthusiastic, to Krystal's anxienty.

 

We're on the same boat.” the man glanced at Krystal, with a pleased expression followed by a subtle smirk, to have her so-called Unnie was his former classmate, there was nothing else for him but to make fun of Krystal even more.

 

If you're here, then that means....we're..”

 

In the same university, yes.” he did the job for her.

 

Victoria's bright face became even brighter, while Krystal was as gloomy as ever.

 

It's nice meeting you here—oh, have you met Krystal, by any chance?” the latter shrugged indifferently, to have her name told to this stranger named Jongin, who was no longer stranger to both Victoria and Krystal.

 

He made his smirk as obvious as possible. “We had a small talk, but haven't got her name until you came back.”

 

He took your seat.” Krystal muttered.

 

Victoria made a face of disbelief. “Soo Jung, that's just plain rude!” Krystal was shocked, just then she asked her to guard her seat and now Victoria called her rude? What's so special about this Jongin that made her got that far, Krystal couldn't do more than wonder.

 

It's okay, I did took your seat and made an agreement with her that I'll move once you're here.” he jumped from his seat, shoving it for split seconds from the dust he afraid he had left. “There, Noona.”

 

Victoria sighed in amazement. “You don't have to bother, actually.”

 

Krystal knew she was looking at the different Victoria at that moment.

 

I'll get back to my friends, then. See you around, Noona.”

 

Yeah, shoo.

 

See you around soon, Jongin-ah!” the blonde cheerfully said goodbye, placing herself on her respective seat. Jongin walked towards the party, but stopped at one moment, turning his head ninety degress to the left, giving Krystal a sight to his left part of his face, he was looking at her.

 

Krystal.”

 

He was bold enough to call Jung Soo Jung's nickname.

 

I have class too in nine.”

 

The latter's eyes widened and opened wide in surprise, she didn't realize she had left her agenda opened, but it was written in a very small font so that no one could peek on it. Jongin did astound her with his superior eyesight.

 

As a final act, the Korean man winked his left eye.

 

Ew.

 

Morning class would be worse than she thought it would be.


 

I'm worried about my sister.”

 

That again?” Changmin sounded very disinterested of Yunho's repetition of remark. If he remembered correctly, the moment they sat on Shim's Apgujeong Cafe last time, he said the very same thing. Since Changmin was here to listen to the 'news' that he expected Yunho to brought upon the girl he'd seen as a potential partner, not that one he just said.

 

No, really, I'm serious, I have the right to be worried about 'Stal..she hasn't got the news.” informed Yunho in anxiety. His uneasiness was as obvious as it seemed, finger taps and shaking feet.

 

Changmin, who knew this behavior meant something, urged to ask. “Alright, what news?”

 

He sighed before he continue. “That Father has passed away.” Changmin jolted in surprise.

 

You..haven't? Don't you realize how big this issue would be to Soo Jung?” he gave Yunho a stern warning, although it has passed two weeks since the death of Mr. Jung but Krystal, remained clueless, contacts have been made bertween the siblings, but they always save the ugly truth.

 

Yunho let out another depressed sigh. “I do, that's why I don't know how to pass this 'big issue' to her...although she seems to be a steadfast but I don't think she could handle this one. We, the six of us, afraid that we'll bother her thoughts while she's studying in Spore.”

 

Still, it's not healthy for you to keep this among you, she has the right to know.” that fact hurt Yunho's inner feelings badly.

 

An air of silence filled between them.

 

...Do you think she'll hate me for hiding things?” Yunho questioned the younger guy, a question of uncertainty.

 

Changmin was about to retort with 'she won't because she loves you' but as he looked back, the problem at hand wasn't that simple, she might not hate Yunho for life, as his little sister, she wouldn't, but something dearly might be lost , Changmin thought.

 

Since this 'hiding' operation was agreed inside your family, there's nothing you could unless they give you the consent to leak the info, but frankly, you better tell her before she finds out by herself, it'll be much harsher for her to rise up on her own.” Yunho nodded agreeably to Changmin's idea.

 

And he swore to himself, if someone has to do it,

 

It has to be him.

 

One more thing, I know how much Uncle Jung means to Soo Jung, so tell her softly, and she will cry a lot and mourn, obviously, and that's where she needs you.”

 

And after that she'll forgive me for being secretive?”

 

Do that and positive, you'll be forgiven.” Changmin spoke sagely as if he himself was Krystal.

 

In the midst of Yunho's conversation, the bell of Cafe's entrance chimed, welcoming another guest.

 

Welcome!” the waiter greeted.

 

Suddenly, much to Yunho's surprise, Changmin stood up out of the blue, walking towards the entrance and welcoming a girl he's familiar with, wearing a pink strip blouse and casual skinny jeans. Changmin and his girlfriend approahed Yunho, who was getting ready to leave the two lovebirds alone.

 

Uh-oh, where are you going, Jung Yunho?” Changmin managed to stop the older guy in time before he left the table.

 

Nowhere, as if you'd let me.” having him caught in the act while having Changmin's girlfriend surely was embarassing enough. “Annyeong, Yoona-yah.”

 

Annyeong, Yunho Oppa. Were you leaving because of me? I'm so sorry but this airhead insisted me to come after him once my college has done, I didn't know you're here..”

 

Gwenchana, Yoong-ah, sit.” he offered the a seat beside Changmin, the young girl sat as told and waiting for her boyfriend to follow, who was receiving an icy glare from his pal, but didn't falter and sat beside Yoona.

 

So..” he leaned his body closer. “What brings you here, Yoong?”

 

To give you advice, he said.” she pointed her partner, who was avoiding another fiery gaze from Yunho.

 

You told Yoona upon this? Do you have to tell everyone about literally everything, Shim Changmin? Moreover when we're not dating yet?” Yoona was clueless, as far as Changmin told her, he stopped at 'give Yunho advice', but at that time she was able to catch what Yunho was saying.

 

Omo, Yunho Oppa you have a girlfriend!” she chirped happily.

 

Candidate.” Changmin added jokingly, the older guy raised his hand and was about to hit him.

 

Yunho couldn't really deny it, Yoona was already aware of his problem, and has he rethought about it, having Yoona giving him advices may not be a bad idea. Romance has never been his department, after all.

 

I was about to introduce you to Dongguk's new girl but I guess Yunho Oppa himself has found himself a nice catch.” she remembered her newlyfound best friend, Seohyun. “So how is she? Pretty? Smart? Classy? Tell me!” she poked the older guy's cheek playfully which was turning red in embarassment.

 

She's got a nice face and yeah, she's quite an intel, being a Doctor she is. She handled my Father in his last moments and she's sincere as well. I don't know what her flaws are, in all honesty.” explained Yunho timidly while brushing the back of his head.

 

Yoona clapped her hands. “Perfect describes her best, am I right?”

 

You could say so..” Yunho admitted.

 

First things first, what does she like?” Yoona came up with her first inquiry.

 

Yunho never thought of it nor bother to know it. “Mollah. She never tell.”

 

The couple in front of him slapped their faces.

 

You're just..that pathetic with girls, Yunho?” Changmin massaged his temple.

 

Rolling his eyes upon Changmin's insulting remark, he reasoned. “This is my first experience, so mind you, playboy.”

 

You should hang out with me and Yoona more often, this has gotten serious.”

 

Yunho faked a laugh. “Psh, no thanks. I'm not that desperate.”

 

Yoona, however took this matter more neutrally, she knew how prestige Yunho Oppa is, and to her, it's still a mystery why he formed a friendship with Changmin, who was contradictive to his traits in any way there was.

 

Oppa, it's not that she would ever tell, it's your duty to find out, that's what Minnie was referring.” she informed softly.

 

And how am I suppose to do that, Yoong? I'm new with these things..” Yunho shared his lack of experience insecurely to the latter. He didn'y have my girls to share his problem, if Krystal was beside him, then it would be a different story.

 

He actually has Jessica to talk with, but how's that suppose to help?

 

You'll get to it eventually, it's something you get everyday if you share your time with her. You could ask, actually but that wouldn't look so cool..steal her diary or something.” Changmin received a light punch on his shoulder from Yoona, that idea was simply unacceptable.

 

That's crime, Oppa. Never listen to Minnie on this, you hear me? You need to spend some time with her, text her or phone her, make her need you, make her think you're an important person to her.” Yunho nodded in every Yoona's suggestions as he thought it would trustable, at least they're more valid than usual wisecracks Changmin usually gave.

 

Changmin snorted, “I still think diary-stealing is a good idea.”

 

Oh shut up, you. Don't influence Yunho Oppa with your false ideals.”

 

You love me anyway, and where did you think I get the information of your obsession over Baby Breath? Your diary has it all.

 

Yoona flicked her forefinger on Changmin's forehead. “Ouch!” the forehead of Shim Changmin turned red in process.

 

That's what you get for stealing.” the younger girl folded her hands and sulked, but her face softened as she saw the red mark on Changmin's forehead that Changmin kept holding while grimacing in pain, “I'm sorry, Minnie, does that hurt?”

 

A bit.” Changmin tried to hold the pain. “But it'll heal if you kiss it.”

 

Yunho groaned, he knew what's coming. “Get a room, please.”



 

Here's our partner from General Motors from America, Mr. Timothy Lee. He's from GM's International Operations and he would like to us to debrief of what we have achieved so far. Please welcome him.” Ji Hoon kindly introduced the American personage.

 

General Motors are one of the multinational automotive cooperation company that worked with various companies including J-Group, the former leader of General Motors were friends with Mr. Jung and they were keen to keep their friendship as well as mutual business partners, and Ji Hoon was inherited with this client his father left, of course, his image as the new Chairman musn't let these people down.

 

Three of Ji Hoon's subordinates rose from their respective seats and gave Timothy Lee firm handshakes and friendly handshakes.

 

There were suppose to be four, one was either late or absent, for all Ji Hoon care.

 

It's a pleasure to see you, Mr. Timothy. Please call me Nichkhun, I hope we'll have a pleasant meeting and reach something by the end.” Ji Hoon's trusted man approached and flashed a smile towards the middle-aged man, who was giving him a pleasant smile in return, happy to see Nichkhun's delightgul expression.

 

The pleasure's all mine, Nichkhun, right?” Nichkhun nodded, satisfied with their introduction, he returned to his seat.

 

Ji Yoon, if I remember correctly?” he asked before Ji Yoon managed to spill her name out in case he had forgotten, since they only met couple of times and they didn't really interact with one another.

 

I'm surprised you remembered my name, Mr. Lee.” praised Ji Yoon indirectly.

 

You wouldn't think I would forget, do you? It's nice to meet you again, I'm glad we could reunite in this place. Please, I told you this many times, just Timothy.” he caught her hand and shook it in a rather soft manner. Ji Yoon slightly smiled to the middle-aged man “It's good to see you, Timothy.”

 

And you would be?” Timothy asked the petite girl who looked slightly younger than anybody else in the room, the new member slightly lowered her head shyly, afraid that she was being a foreigner to the important executive, it was her first experience to meet such a bigwig.

 

Ji Hoon grasped the awkward situation and briskly went over Suzy's side, gripping her shoulders that were stiffening apprehensively. “Let me introduce to you, Bae Suzy, our new copy writer. She's kind of new so you might as well enlighten her of what's going on and what has to be done, she's a great worker of mine.” assured Ji Hoon, making Suzy relieved a sigh, she looked to him and a soundless gratitude escaped her lips. Thank you, Director-nim.

 

Timothy just realized he was giving pressure to the petite brunette. “Oh, my bad, Suzy. It's just your face is the only one I'm not familiar with, no offence, though.” he reached his hand out to the young lady. “Either way, glad to have you here, Suzy.”

 

Thank you, Mr. Timothy.”

 

The five were seated in their respective chairs, the beginning of the meeting were to updating Suzy as well as reviewing what has been done these recent months. The meeting was running smooth, until they come to the point of how to deal with the company's income declines.

 

So as we speak, the decline was way out of line that we expected, people often prefers Hyundai or Daehan rather than J-Group. According to our conducted research, the data shows that our products are way too old-fashioned. In order to retain our foothold, we agreed to invent a new product.” explained Ji Yoon while showing the mountains of statistics on screen. Ji Hoon was actually the one who was responsible to presentate this new invention, but considering the idea came from the one whom he had personal grudge with, he refused right away.

 

Tell me how far have you got with this 'new product'.” Timothy asked, spinning his pencil in process.

 

We have few sketches to define our desired products to be invented.”

 

May I see them?”

 

The meeting table fell in an awkward silent.

 

Come on people, you said yourselves you had a few sketches? Are you even serious in this?” Timothy sounded very displeased.

 

Ji Hoon cursed under his breath, his image as the leader of this conference was at stake and thanks to his sloth employee, he ended up hummiliating himself in front of the higher up due to Jo Kwon's lack of dilligence.

 

Mr. Timothy,” he decided to ask for Timothy's tolerance, whether he would accept or not would be another story. At least he tried, he said to himself. “To be practically honest to you, one of my employee, who is in charge for the new design isn't here yet. I don't wish to suspend the meeting, but can we skip of the new designing matter first and when he's here, we'll surely to brief you up with the sketches.”

 

The middle-aged man shrugged, “Personally, I don't know, Ji Hoon. You could say that this plan is the only one you've got in hand and clearly, this is your last hope. I've got to say, I'm quite disappointed with your lack of preparation, moreover having a late employee from national-class company such as J-Group to attend such improtant meeting.”

 

None of the four could response to Timothy's opinion that expresses how upset he was, Ji Hoon couldn't even defend Jo Kwon even if he wanted to keep his own prestige because he hadn't received any news from him upon his lateness.

 

My deepest apologies, Mr. Timothy, but this employee of mine is having personal problems in his daily life.” lies.

 

But whatever, as long as I could his understanding, damn it Jo Kwon, you're going to have salary deductions, as low as it can be.

 

Just so you know, apologies won't save the company from collapsing. I'm not overly fond with your unpreparedness on this plan, to your information.” the sentence struck Ji Hoon terribly. Mr. Timothy could decide to drop his position as the vendor and leave General Motors out of J-Group's reach as Ji Hoon once discussed about the wistful thoughts of their sponsors to pull back their share to J-Group.

 

I am aware and that's why on the behalf of—”

 

Ji Hoon's sentence of apology was disrupted by the opening of room's door.

 

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if I'm late, my car's broken down and I had to take a damn bus!” with no sense of guilt he welcomed himself to the meeting with a cup of coffee in hand. Sitting on a vacant seat besides Suzy, not bothering to take notice of Timothy Lee.

 

Ji Yoon shook her head in desperation, Suzy kept her busy writing activity in order to ignore the man who just came in, while Nichkhun mentally slapped himself lightly.

 

Who's he?” Timothy raised an eyebrow, slightly offended with his disrespectful behavior.

 

Ji Hoon sighed before he could answer, “Meet our Designer Artist, Jo Kwon.”


JK's Little Ramblings


 

Whew, Director threw another tantrum on me...he was scary, but it ain't nothing.


 

He's such a stuffed shirt.


 

I mean, come on man, being late once or twice wouldn't hurt.


 

Okay maybe I've been late for several times, but he doesn't have to be so personal upon this.


 

I bet this comes because he's jealous of me, younger than him but wife in hand already.


 

1000 won for him being a forever bachelor with this attitude of his.


 

One-minute session after the meeting turned out to be fifteen, thank Ji Hoon for being an expert lecturer rather than a worthy Director.


 

Today's reason of lateness of course was a made-up, thanks to Ga In for being a slacker.


 

Two of us are slackers, but hey, at least we enjoy our lives.


 

Anyhow, I manage to show few most-awesome sketches I have worked all night long to that Timothy.


 

He seems to be intrigued by the images I've shown. With this, I can realize the dream I've always had, designing my own car.


 

I don't give a damn of J-Group or General Motors whatsoever, I'm only interested with this dream I have.


 

Yawn, maybe I should give it a rest, today's such a long day and my neck is weary, no more energy to rest.


 

Oh, here's me and my beautiful wife with our Teddy Bear, it has to be there since we aren't granted with a child yet.

 


 

God, please send me an offspring through Ga In's stomach soon.


 

Wait, maybe not so soon, I have enough with Ji Hoon's foul mood already, Ga In's mood swings during her pregnancy might kill me slowly.


 

JK \m/

120807


 

Author's Note :

Let's welcome Kai & Yoona in HOJF! :D and also I'm surprised there's really someone with the name Timothy in General Motors lol! XD I gave the name since I love Timothy Spoll from HP (Wormtail)


 

Comments and subscribes are appreciated! :D