Resolution

Harmony Of Jung Family

 

Last one..ugh.” Victoria grunted while dumping the box of carton to her—and her friends' shared condo.

 

Their vacation in the exquisite hotel in Orchard surely was over and they did so because of Sulli's never-ending demand to relax in a 5-star hotel before their college starts, being a Choi she is. Now, there's no option to stay since their parents have decided a suitable condo for the three, the one which is very close to National University of Singapore (NUS).

 

The three young ladies were selected through the scholarship given by Korea University from S3 Asia MBA program. Victoria, Sulli and Krystal, these three latters were known for their almost-perfect intellectual skills in their respective majors, with Victoria as the top notch.

 

Now, Song Qian, Victoria(the Korean Name she picked over the difficulty of her Korean friends to spell her Chinese name correctly) has made all the plans—the time of their displacement to condo, the procedures, the packing methods, literally everything. Her love to take control of things usually wrap things up briskly, much to both Krystal and Sulli's knowledge, who obliged to every single word she gave.

 

Finally, done! Phew.” she wiped off the seat on her forehead, shook the billowing dust from her palm. Putting her dirty apron aside, she checked her friends' condition who was literally struggling to bring the boxes of their own upstairs, room 201, although their room was just one level above from the ground floor, Sulli didn't cease to whimper.

 

Vic Unnie, help me please!! My hands are breaking!” Victoria grumbled, this was the third time Sulli asked for an assistance. Among those three, Sulli has the most belongings while Victoria has the least. Somehow Sulli got Victoria to aid her due to several reasons she made up, and Victoria miraculously never refused.

 

Coming!” she hasted downstairs, snatched few boxes from Sulli, three-quarter of them, and went upstairs. She took the chance, to see how Krystal was doing, she suppose to be behind Sulli to brought her own packs, but she wasn't. The oldest girl groaned, now not only Sulli has become her problem.

 

Good lord, this will ruin my sterile face.”

 

Stop complaining and follow me.” Victoria exhaled as she lifted the heavy boxes and put it on her shoulder.

 

Both girls slammed the boxes of Sulli's properties inside their room, the last ones. “Wow, at first I thought I wouldn't be able to do all these houseworks, but like you said, I can if I try. Thanks for helping out, Vic Unnie. ”

 

The older girl did a grave sigh, “Next time, I'll make sure I won't be around.”

 

I'll have Krystal to help me, then...wait where is she?”

 

Isn't that suppose to be my question?” Victoria sent a suspicious stare to the brunette, making Sulli's hands level her head, a sign that she has no idea of Krystal's whereabouts. “I told you to keep your eyes on her!”

 

She was right behind me!” Sulli reasoned panicly, she wasn't distorting the truth but her attention was diverted on her heavy loads.

 

The Chinese latter took a long, very long deep breath to contain her anger, surely her fatigue to brought all those loads did increase her blood pressure. She quickly took heavy steps downstairs, she wanted to scream her name at the top of her lung irritably, then again, she has to know her place so she determined to scream until she screech in her ears once she approach the maknae.

 

Sulli, on the other hand, was left dumbfounded alone inside their shared room.

 

Soo Jung!” she jumped out of the condo furiously, only to found Krystal in silent, sitting on her boxes without giving any response back to Victoria, either thinking or merely daydreaming. Victoria's original plan was to scold her without any hint of mercy, nevertheless, mercy grew little on Victoria's face hence she saw Krystal sighed depressedly.

 

Still, she was furious to know that her order was ignored without a notice, she fakely oughed once before she started, just to get her attention.“'Stal, you've been very helpful by sitting here outside, doing nothing. Thanks.” she ended up sarcastic.

 

Nonchalant to her sarcasm, Krystal replied. “Oh Sulli's done? I was waiting for her so I don't have to deal with her ramblings, and not to mention the risk to get dropped down on the stairs if she fell, somehow.” Victoria made a face in disbelief, but then again Krystal has a point, Victoria was Sulli's victim instead.

 

Either way, her reasons were not enough for Victoria Song. “You know you could wait inside the condo, rather than watching the streets of Singapore, it isn't that diferrent from Seoul's.”


“I know but I just...” sighing in her defense, “I'm not feeling rather well.”

 

The heart of the Chinese blonde softened when Krystal spoke of her condition, but she had to make things clear before she misunderstood. “Which feeling are you referring to? Your inner feeling or outer?”

 

Inner.” her answer made Victoria groan, she thought Krystal was sick at one moment.

 

How many times do I have to tell you not to brought this up again? Gosh, 'Stal you're merely being unreasonable these days, you and your intuition.” despite the satire Victoria has given, Krystal remained silent and only a weak smile appeared.

 

Krystal couldn't really blame Victoria for unable to understand her, she couldn't reply, her being unreasonable was something she's aware of, still, her disturbed feeling was not something to vanish that easy, it has never been like that.

 

Look—I understand, this gift that inherited from your family, is not something for me to understand, even until now I still don't get you, and not to mention, Ji Hoon Oppa.” she tried to sound comprehending to the young lady. “But still, we can't keep on like this. We're a team, Krystal. Me, Sulli and you, are a team, so I expect us to work like one, and I do not wish, to have someone who can't keep up with our activites, in this case, you.”

 

Krystal took a deep breathe, to think that Victoria has a point hurt her for being a nuisance these days to Victoria mostly, she has a deep respect to responsibility, and clearly she realized she hasn't played her part properly.

 

What if we look it this way,” Victoria joined Krystal to sat on Krystal's boxes, seeing the busy streets of Clementi Road. “something bad happens, because you speculate something to be bad, something which is unknown, just like fear. You are in a fear, Krystal, fear of the unknown, which is the greatest fear of all.”

 

Is that likely to happen?” inquired the youngest.

 

Most likely, since you're not a God who can control things to happen, anything could happen. I should've borrowed you The Secret book if I knew you would be this scaredy cat.”

 

You and your book reference.” Krystal satirized with a grin on her face.

 

It does help.” she responded neutrally as she stood up. “Come on, we haven't got all day. I'll help you with these—ugh.” She lifted Krystal's boxes and the younger girl followed, walking towards the condo heavy loaded, but before Victoria entered, she halted her steps, and whipped her head around.

 

Tell you what, we have an activity in NUS this afternoon to have a get-together party with the seniors, so you might loosen up a bit there.”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes, a party is for Jessica, not her.


 

Are you sure you want to leave now?” as usual, Mrs. Jung was being a worrywart to her departing children. It's been a week since Mr. Jung's death and everything's related to him was utterly finished, and he has no reason to stay longer being jobless, his original plan to have his own job abroad was about to be executed once he's seated in his plane.

 

Yes I am, Mother. After all, show must go on, and I don't think Father up there will be proud if I stay here doing nothing. I'm sure about this and I don't intend to turn back.” he was confident in his statement, Jin Woon always has that optimism inside him. After few selections on his own, German was his last choice.

 

As a businessman myself, I must say I'm quite impressed by your choice. Development Staff might be the most suitable position for you, since you're that guy with brilliant resolutions, I was kinda hoping you'd fill that position in J-Group, but I won't stop you from going.” complimented Ji Hoon to his younger brother, ruffling his hair in afterwards.

 

Jin Woon smirked playfully, “Ha, don't even dream of me working under you, that only works in Jung Manor, Hyung.” he earned a light smack on his head due to his unthoughtful remarks.

 

Yunho patted his shoulders. “You do astound me with your ambition to take actions, I didn't know you had it in you.”

 

Should I consider that as a compliment?” he teased, knowing the fact that Yunho was currently behind him in terms of job.

 

Depends on how you see it.”

 

A chuckle escaped Jin Woon's lips. “Really, you use that word way too frequent these days, Yunho Hyung. I bet that Doctor that handled Father in his last moment did whip it within you, didn't she? She's not exactly bad lookin' if you ask me.” out of embarassment, Yunho threatened Jin Woon with his punching stance, it was not something to be discussed with Mrs. Jung around.

 

What's this, Yunho? You have a girlfriend?” their conversation didn't slip from Mrs. Jung's ears. “gosh, you're suppose to look for a job first before a girl!”

 

She's not!” he was flustered to answer his mother's statement.

 

Yet, mother. Not yet.” Yunho strangled Jin Woon's neck annoyedly, unnoticed to Yunho, his face has turned blood red. Mrs. Jung and Ji Hoon erupted into laughters, but only one blonde girl didn't. The Ice Princess, whose heart was frozen since the death of her father.

 

Jin Woon, noticed this sudden change in Jessica's behavior, this has never escaped his sight, and yet, he couldn't do a single thing about it. Since the day he saw Ji Hoon has Jessica in his arms, he decided to entrust this matter to the eldest one, who resembles his father most.

 

Jess.” he got closer to his younger sister. “I will be leaving soon, and that would mean your free ticket to my room, use it as you like.” if the old Jessica was there, Jin Woon was sure she would throw some confettis to his face, celebrating his departure, however, she wasn't, and it greatly bothered Jin Woon.

 

Oh, and I would keep my promise, fifteen percent it is, twenty, if I feel to share.” despite Jin Woon offered his generosity, the blonde didn't show a hint of joy, not even a bit. Her stare was directed to the ground, not bothering to look at Jin Woon.

 

To his irritation, he had an urge to do something before he left. Much to Jessica's surprise as her shoulders shuddered, he grabbed her shoulders tightly. “Jung Soo Yeon, look at me.”

 

She was hesitant, but her eyes finally met his.

 

His death, is not yours. Please, distinguish that.” the farewell atmosphere turned tense, the other members watched closely of how Jin Woon handled his long-depressed younger sister, even Mrs. Jung has threw in the white towel to this matter.

 

I..” she looked away, not bold enough to face Jin Woon's solem stare. “I'm just clueless of what I have to do..I have too many regrets, and if it wasn't because of me he would still —”

 

He won't.” Jin Woon rebutted, didn't want Jessica to blame herself even more. “It's his destiny, and you do have to stop cursing yourself.”

 

The words startled Jessica a lot, it was not the usual Jin Woon she usually sees.

 

Here's the deal, humans die eventually, and let's say Father's time was up at that moment, I don't see which part was your fault, Jess. So you better snap out of it and stop lamenting, you still got a long way to go, and you'll only go nowhere by acting this way. Alive or not, he wouldn't be happy to see you.” Jin Woon lectured at the drop of a hat. Jessica was speechless, was wide open but no words were spoken.

 

Oppa...” that's the only word she could came up with.

 

Stop with the thought 'I should've done this' or 'I should've been this', you are you, and you being a slacker is not something even he despised. Please, don't hurt yourself more than this.” he pleaded with sad eyes, sincerely.

 

Somehow, the latter formed a smile, a weak one, but still a smile, not a frown, or tears.

 

Just a smile.

 

Jessica slipped her hands above Jin Woon's waist and eventually wrapped Jin Woon in her arms. “...Thank you, Oppa, thanks a lot.”

 

You're very welcome, my dear sister. I don't want to see another series of your whimper when I'm back to Seoul, arasso?”

 

You have my guarantee.” she broke the hug as she looked through his eyes. “Have fun in German while it lasts, because you won't recognize your own room when I'm done with it, and don't forget, fifteen.

 

A victorious grin appeared on Jin Woon's face. “That's the Jessica Jung I know.


 

Well, I'll be leaving then. The plane wouldn't wait for me if I stayed here too long. If I'm late, then I would blame you guys for being turtles when it comes to saying goodbye.” Jin Woon performed his signature playful remarks, but he was telling the truth. Within minutes, the plane would leave if he doesn't hurry.

 

Mrs. Jung halted. “Wait! Aren't you going to wait for Yonghwa?”

 

That idiot..” Yunho mocked in Yonghwa's absence.

 

Now now, Jung Yunho, that's not a very impolite way to adress your little brother. Behave.” Mrs. Jung gently reminded her second offspring.

 

Yunho snickered in response. “Mother, I'm not deliberately mocking him, but I refer someone who misses his family members' farewell as an idiot, that's reasonable in every way.”

 

Still..”

 

It's okay, Mother. I can manage, he doesn't seem to be coming, anyway. Leave him be.” Jin Woon assured his mother, he knew Yonghwa wouldn't come, especially after the argument they just had during Mr. Jung's funeral.

 

But he was present when Krystal set off to Singapore, it wouldn't be fair if he isn't when you're going as well.”

 

Uh...that's because he didn't have to go all the way to Incheon. I'm positive that if you suggest all Jungs to 'Stal to the airport, things wouldn't be much different.” Jin Woon reminded, an idea appeared in Mrs. Jung's thought afterwards.

 

Is it just me, or you two are having an argument? I know Yonghwa is an ignorant and cold towards the others, but to you, he's just extremely too ignorant.” she caught Jin Woon off-guard.

 

Kinda.” he was clueless to answer his mother.

 

Mrs. Jung sighed in depression. “I bet you started it.”

 

It was not even argument, only a pep talk which made him, somehow offended.” Jin Woon reasoned, he even gave up and this is what he got.

 

Mrs. Jung released another sigh, she could scold Jin Woon if she wanted, Jin Woon could understand that he has a share of fault on his own. But she looked like she understood the root why Yonghwa acted so shoddy.

 

Care to tell us? Because I was sure that he mentioned about problems that only he, you and our late Father knows. If you want to spill it to your children, now's the the best time.” the other Jungs perked their ears in curiousity, they weren't aware there was this somekind of conversation between Yonghwa and Jin Woon before.

 

Mrs. Jung shook her head. “No, it will only ruin the mood of this farewell, let alone the problems. I will share it with you all someday, besides, I don't want to spoil my daughter's fixed mood.” she pulled Jessica to her side, touched Jessica's head with hers.

 

I'm okay now, Mommy. Please don't worry any longer.” Jessica managed to sincerely smile now.

 

Alright, if you don't wish to wait for your dongsaeng. Go, otherwise the plane will leave without you.”

 

He nodded. “Okay, but before that, Mother, lend me your ear.” Mrs. Jung raised her eyebrows, but she obliged. Her third offspring whispered something that put her quite in a shock.

 

Are you sure?”

 

He smiled. “Positive, there's no harm in trying. Alright, I'll run along now, see you in a few lightyears folks! Don't miss me when I'm not around.” with that, Jin Woon pecked both his mother and her younger sister's forehead, then ran to the area which the Jungs couldn't sight him any longer.

 

That kid is really a witty, isn't he? Working abroad is not something to make fun with, let alone be a Development Staff as his first job. You know, Yunho, you'll be left behind faraway if you don't make a move soon.” Ji Hoon quipped his younger brother with a nudge on his shoulder in a counseling manner.

 

I know, I'm trying, okay? No need to add a salt to my wound.” his response was bitter, but Ji Hoon expected from the bitterness in his sentence that he got what he meant, he should catch up soon.

 

Mommy, what exactly Jin Woon had told you before?” a question that Jessica emitted caught Ji Hoon's and Yunho's interest as well.

 

Mrs. Jung, however, didn't respond, she kept staring at the spot where Jin Woon had left.

 

Mommy?” Jessica called once more to gain her attention, but came to no avail.

 

Mother!” Yunho did the iniative to call his mother this time, startling her at the same time, finally the old lady looked at them. “I'm sorry, Yunho. You were saying?”

 

Jessica asked you a question.” he was rather irritated, even though it wasn't his question.

 

Yes, Jessica dear, mind to repeat what you asked?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, but decided to be polite. “What did Jin Woon whisper to you?”

 

Oh nothing, nothing important.” she reminisced Jin Woon's farewell sentence. Wondering if she should follow it or not.

 

Do not spend for me.

 

Without no one knowing, Jin Woon was able to apprehend the future beforehand.


 

 

Jin Woon's Happy-Go-Lucky Diary

 

Record #137, 15-7-2012, 16:43:05:51

 

Wow, that was sure one heck of a close call.

 

If my legs were slow as Jessica's, then that would mean a goodbye-kiss to Lufthansa and Frankfurt.

 

Alright, let's start this.

 

Wow, it's 137th record already? I am a dilligent being after all.

 

Or maybe I just love to blabber here, since no one will hit or choke me when I talk nonsense, yes, Yunho Hyung, if you read this, I am referring to you. Please don't kill me.

 

Today's farewell, I look exceptionally cool, I just realized that just then.

 

How I console Jessica, how I whisper to Mother, really, I just can't describe my never-ending charisma.

 

Wait, why do I sound more and more like Jo Kwon these days? This isn't right.

 

Either way, I hope Jessica doesn't make too much mess in my room, and she is not to check under my bed, my treasures are there, untouchable treasures.

 

And I won't share to twenty, heck no. Fifteen is already much of a drag, let alone twenty.

 

I told her that so she would cheer up, because all this time I thought she worships money, I guess I'm wrong, she worships Father perhaps.

 

Anyway, enough about Jessica.

 

Now let's talk about the other one, Jung Yonghwa, world's biggest problem.

 

Not only me, but I found Mother was perplexed by this guy.

 

What's with him, actually?

 

He's not really that complex in any way, he's just brilliant when it comes to hide his sadness and thoughts, that's why everyone adresses him as a complex individual, but to me he's pretty readable.

 

I'll be sure to settle this once and for all when I'm back to Seoul, I'll have Mother to explain there.

 

Heck, what am I talking about, really? I should enjoy my German paradise, let the Jungs have their problems, I don't give a damn.

 

I bet this excitement is what posessed Krystal the day before her departure, I'm certain the feeling to not have Yunho Hyung around surely gives her a triumph to freedom.

 

Figures.

 

Oh, captain's announcement has already started and warm white towels everywhere, it's time to close today's record, really now, the 137th

 

Let's post a selca before I go. 

 

 

 

Wow, I am that handsome, but Yonghwa has more fangirls? You're joking.

 

Shoot, hot-lookin' flight attendants, perfect chance to find the right girl for me. I'll have my guitar around.

 

Author's Note : Do fellow readers see the resemblance between Jessica and Krystal's behavior? They're different yet similar, right? ;)