Downfall

Harmony Of Jung Family

 

“Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!” crowd of girls cheered hystericly from their seats, an encore to play more songs, any songs that the band have, as long as they could hear more of the vocalist's voice, who's also concurrently playing guitar. Jung Yonghwa had just finished another concert inside his campus with his band, Code Name Blue, or abbreviated as C.N. Blue.

 

“Hyung, shall we call it a day? Frankly, I'm dead tired and we're also running out of songs. We can't keep this encore to imprison us on stage." Jungshin, the band's bassist whispered to the older guy. The sun had been giving them an intense heat, they weren't lucky they got an outdoor play this time. The spectators were overheated, but they always thought it's worth it, as long as Jung Yonghwa could sing and play some more.

 

“Please, Hyung. We've had enough.” Jonghyun, the second guitarist, pleaded as he wiped off the sweat off his face, the other three members was too exhausted up to the point of passing out, they had fulfilled the crowds' wishes to play more songs than they exactly planned, but they have no more stamina to carry on with more song, an hour of standing (excluding Minhyuk, the drummer) plus an intense sunburn felt like three hours of torture.

 

“You guys were lacking of practice, it's only been an hour. We should give them more than this.” said Yonghwa, swiping his sweat with a handkerchief. He felt the same, but he sure has still plenty of energy to play.

 

“Hyung!” the three members desperately grumbled.

 

However, Yonghwa was being irrational, he was the reason the other three were forced to stay on stage, the others' realized they can't go against their group's leader wishes, being the most talented made him swell-headed of his own being in the group.

 

A voice chimed into his head.

 

Are you always this serious?

 

He tilted his head to the audience, wishing the voice he heard was there as he heard it last time, but the voice's owner wasn't there, it couldn't be there, he thought.

 

Then he realized, he was keeping his bandmates on stage because of something he assumed personal, that voice, that sentence always reminds him to give some compassion for his bandmates. He sighed, he was catching his delusional dream and involving the others to get dreaming with him wasn't exacty the best idea he got.

 

“Fine, you three can go off stage, I will...satisfy this crowd a little longer. Go ahead and grab something to eat, I'll catch up later.” Yonghwa's bandmates cheered, finally they are free or a moment from their leader's stubbornness, they were used to it, but at that time they were way too tired to compromise with this one.

 

“Thanks, Hyung.” Yonghwa didn't respond to Jonghyun's thanks, he just let go his bandmates and faced the spectator, who weren't that disappointed with the other members' dismissal. Yonghwa didn't really care about the audience, his only hope was that he could see her face once more, or at least imagine it.

 

“This is the last song for you guys, I hope you'll enjoy it.” the crowd grieved to hear those words from Yonghwa, but the moment he pulled the guitar's string, the grief turned into an applause, he strummed his guitar and play the chords one by one, as his voice followed up to play the song he wrote himself, the crowd's loud cheer turned into serenity, there was something about this song they found very calming.

 

Always under exactly the same sky, always exactly the same day..”

 

He continued.

 

Other than your not being here, there’s nothing different at all..”

 

The music and the lyrics started to sound melancholic.

 

I just want to smile, want to forget everything


 

Just like absolutely nothing has happened, smiling to live my days”

 

Spectators have fallen into a deep silent, falling to the song Yonghwa's singing.

 

Miss you, miss you so much, because I miss you so much


 

Everyday all by myself, calling and calling you

 

I thought I’d let go, not leaving anything behind

 

No, no, now I still can’t let you go”

 

Everyone was sure they heard sadness in Yonghwa's voice.

 

Everyday, everyday, it feels like I’m gonna die, what should I do?”

 

The question in the song, with Yonghwa's bitter voice added, has successfully made the girls weep.

 

Love you, love you, I love you


 

I hadn’t even spoken the words,

 

I just let you go


 

Sorry, sorry, do you hear my words


 

My late confession, can you hear it?”

 

His finger stopped picking the guitar, the end of the song was coming.

 

I love you.”

 

A round of applause closed the show, he bowed to his colleagues. A bunch of college girls called out his name and some had wiped the tears off their face. He started to look at the ones who's giving applause, hoping a figure he once loved would give him an appreciation for the song, her song, the song that was dedicated to a girl Yonghwa adored from the bottom of his heart.

 

But no, she's not there, even her illusion wasn't.

 

She's gone, and Yonghwa had to accept it, like it or not.

 

Smile more to the audience, it will make you look better.

 

Just like the song said, and just like her message said,

 

He smiled weakly.

 

Just like absolutely nothing has happened.

 

Before he went off stage, he looked at the a silver pendant that's hanging around his neck, with a hint of grief on his face. For the thousand times, he read the message that's engraved on the pendant, he couldn't stop reading it, the words were too hurtful, it was a friendly word, but for him, it showed how much a failure he is. Everytime he sang her song, he would always read these words afterwards.

 

You will always be my brother.”

-P.S.H.

 

A single drop of water fell on the pendant.


 

So currently, our company isn't in its best state, we were losing too many profits that we should have obtained. Our sponsors were keeping their eyes on us, if we can't provide them capital gain we had promised them, then their would sign off the contract.” Ji Hoon briefed his co-workers as he showed a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation that showed the result of their year work.

 

The other four who's gathering in a round table, nodded their heads, they understood perfectly that they will have bat around some ideas to decrease the loss, or at least fix it for a while. Suzy, the newest member, wrote down what she has to say once Ji Hoon's done with the briefing.

 

Anyone have any idea why this happened?” Ji Hoon's question got his two co-workers to raise their hands, Nichkhun, and the other one who was busy writing her answer, Suzy. Being a gentleman as always, Nichkhun let the younger girl talks first.

 

Thank you, Nichkhun-shi.” Suzy rose from her seat, “Director-nim, from what I have observed, the reason of our company's loss is decline of qualities in our product, my opinion is we may have to gear up with different suppliers as our current suppliers aren't really giving the items we found very satisfying, an addition of info, my friend who's using our product, said that our company's car isn't that convenient to use, we may need to provide an upgrade of service too. Thank you.” Suzy concluded, and she sat back to her seat.

 

Ji Hoon nodded understandably, “Thank you, Suzy-shi. Nichkhun-shi, you may speak now.”

 

Nichkhun did as Ji Hoon commanded, “Thank you Director-nim, different from what Suzy-shi has said, I think the reason of cutback in J-Group is the undeveloping innovations, our products may have slight changes but they didn't really stand out the other automobile companies such as CT&T or Daehan. In fact, we are slightly losing the standard of this year's models, we aren't being competitive, we just keep repeating our...mistakes, roughly said.” all Nichkhun's colleagues blinked in surprise.

 

Seeing his co-workers became that surprised, he chose to end it.

 

...Sorry, that's all from me. Thank you for listening.” Nichkhun didn't want to blurt out the word 'mistake' as if what they were working for seemed futile, but he had to make it clear and disenchant his colleagues about the recoil inside the company. He hoped his bravery to talk straightforward will fruit something to the company.

 

Being sharp and straight aren't we, Nichkhun-shi?” on the other hand, Ji Hoon wasn't that affected, he actually has the same opinion as Nichkhun. He was the head of organization's planner, he knew he's responsible for this regression.

 

Anyway, both Suzy-shi and Nichkhun-shi had true points, but I must say Nichkhun-shi's hit the jackpot, he's right, we're not following the models of the year and also, we are making same mistakes, again and again. We had to come up with a solution, a solution to improve our sellings. Anyone got something in mind?” he inquired.

 

Jo Kwon and Ji Yoon, the other two beside Nichkhun and Suzy, raised their hands.

 

We'll start with Jo Kwon-shi this time, yes?” Jo Kwon briskly stood up, “I'd say, we hit a new road. Build something new, our products are historical and ancient. They are way too old to be used.” Jo Kwon's words were too presumptous to be put in this formal meeting, but since everyone was used to ignore it, they stayed silent.

 

Trying to hold his sigh, Ji Hoon spoke, “How do you intend to do it, Jo Kwon-shi?”

 

Actually, Nichkhun and I had already discuss before we attend to this meeting.” Nichkhun tried to avoid Ji Hoon's and Suzy's glare, what he did was not wrong, if he chose to discuss with somebody else other than Jo Kwon.

 

Being completely ignorant with the current situation, Jo Kwon continued, “We agreed we had to make a brand-new product, actually I have sketched few designs myself. If you wish to see it, I have it with me.”

 

Thinking that this design might turn up into something, Ji Hoon asked, “You may presentate it if you want, it's better that way. So the others can know the piece of your mind.”

 

 

Jo Kwon walked in front of the round table and spoke, “So as you can see, our marketing today is concentrating on convenience of the passengers and we sacrificed the models because of it, now what I have here,” he showed picture of handwork sketches of cars, “Is vice versa, I focused on how hip and y a car should be, in a cost the passengers wouldn't feel as comfortable before, my target now is to attract juveniles to choose our cars, and show them how cool they can be with my new design.”

 

And the older ones? How will they manage?” Ji Hoon asked.

 

The older ones should stick with our remaining products, the market shows that the majority of our buyers are in age of thirties and up. Maybe we have a slight change inside the cars to make it even more comfortable for them, meanwhile, we can focus in our newest hip design.”

 

Ji Hoon rolled his eyes, he didn't like the way Jo Kwon remarked as if his idea was accepted already, Jin Woon's warning upon his friend always stucked inside his head to keep him patient, if it weren't for his virtue towards his little brother, he wouldn't let Jo Kwon, which he found immature to work under his care.

 

We might want to be careful of how hip we want to be. After all, our vision is to create cars that's as comfortable as possible. We can't lower our standards that we already have, it will undermine our workers' methods.” Ji Yoon, suggested carefully.

 

We could always find a new method, we can't stick with the same idea that's actually hindering us to advance. That vision is just a nick-nack to me, we have to improve better than this.”

 

Jo Kwon-shi, I ask you to behave and mind your tongue, true, we might need improvements, but it's not that easy and it will surely be a long process. Also, may I remind you that, not to stray from the vision we had agreed to stick with. We may create a super-tech car that's able to fly on the streets, but that's not our identity, it's not J-Group if we're designing something different from what we suppose to make.” Ji Hoon reminded, trying to keep his temper which is actually boiling inside.

 

I'm sorry if I'm being rude, Director-nim. But I thought as long as there's J-Group mark etched on the car, then it suppose to be J-Group's, right?” Jo Kwon cooed in his defense.

 

Then would you say if anyone has stickers of our group on their cars, that would make their car, J-Group's? No, I was talking about quality here, Jo Kwon-shi.” he retaliated, there's a force in his voice that pressed Jo Kwon not to fight back.

 

He sighed in defeat, “I'm truly sorry, Director-nim. It won't happen again, I shall close my brief presentation now.” he concluded and walked back to his chair, Ji Hoon felt a little upset to see how Jo Kwon just quit like that, but he couldn't help it, Ji Yoon hasn't got her turn, he couldn't keep her waiting.

 

Ji Yoon-shi, you're up next. Do you mind?” he inquired, the toughness in his voice faded as he started to speak with his other co-worker, or rather, co-worker plus his best friend.

 

Um, never mind. I was actually thinking the same thing as Jo Kwon-shi, but without releasing the standards. We can manage it, Director-nim. I think what Jo Kwon-shi presented just then was fascinating and worth trying.” Jo Kwon grinned as he heard his noona's praise, Ji Hoon almost did a facepalm.

 

Jo Kwon's big head is going to get bigger, he thought.

 


 

And..why are we here, again...Daddy?” Jessica inquired while cupping her chin on the chair, truthfully Total Recall movie wasn't exactly her type of movie, if it weren't for the old man Jung asked her out, she wouldn't be stuck in the cinema that showed a movie she didn't like.

 

Aw, sweetie, we haven't got much father-daughter quality time together, I thought you said you would like to go to this department store. Since you were after midnight sale, and it's not really night yet, so you might want to spend your free time with me, no?” Mr. Jung cooed, once his daughter gets grumpy, she would walk out from the cineme if she wants. He had to make sure he's not left alone.

 

No.”

 

And I thought, this is suppose to be Krystal's part, or the boys.” she added, when Mr. Jung was about to open his mouth.

 

Well, Ji Hoon is busy with his work, Yunho is preparing himself for the...blind date, Jin Woon is getting ready for his new work, Yonghwa...I don't even know where that boy is, and Krystal, as much as I want Krystal, I can't just phone her in Singapore just to accompany me, so that leaves you as the final option.” he explained timidly. He tried to be careful not to knock her sensitive heart.

 

And I am the last option?” she was being cynical.

 

I thought that's what you always want.”

 

Fine, at least prepare your credit card because once Tiffany is coming, you have to—”

 

Pay for everything you buy and ready to accompany you all night long, I know. That's why I make it fair by making you watch this movie.” he filled.

 

Hmph.” Jessica pretended not to care, eating the popcorn nonchalantly.

 

Actually, the reason I'm here with you is not because I want to watch the movie, I mean, how else could I get your attention if not by accompanying you to shop at night? It's always been your mother's part. I want to talk you you, personally.” he sounded more stern than he was.

 

What? About my shopping cost? I don't intend to do anything about it.” she prejudiced before Mr. Jung could say a word.

 

That's not it, your shopping cost is unbearable. It's about you and Krystal.”

 

As if she wanted to show how bored she was with the topic, she chose to roll her eyes and make it as obvious as possible so that her father can see.

 

I'm serious, Sica.”

 

What about it?” she sounded really disinterested.

 

Your brothers have contacted Krystal at least once, Yunho did the most frequent, though. I was wondering—”

 

Why I haven't? That's obvious, Daddy. I don't want to call her. Stal being in Singapore is her bussiness and I don't see why I should call her, she's not a baby that needs to be taken care of.” she declined her father's request annoyedly.

 

Mr. Jung flinched.

 

Sica, I thought we have talked about this. This isn't about babysitting her, it's about the dispute between you and Krystal, it's been years since the two of you act like cat and dog. Can't you get over it?” Mr and Mrs Jung have been aware with the conflict between their daughters, it has been going on since they were kids, they always thought it's sisters thing in the childhood, but beyond their expectation, this thing still goes on until they're adults.

 

She shook her head, “No, this will never stop, we don't understand each other and we won't, we're too different and too uncomfotable to be put in one roof. Besides, I'm not doing this because I hate her, I hate how you guys are treating her.” she sounded really disgusted.

 

Why?”

 

Don't ask me why, all members of Jung Family, including uncles, aunts and cousins, they are all treating her as if she's Cinderella who's being treated poorly by her stepmother in faraway land. You guys aren't giving her a room to grow on her own, maybe that's why she went to Singapore. In a way, maybe I know her better than you guys think.” she confidently stated.

 

Aren't you the one who's being jealous?” Mr. Jung raised his eyebrows.

 

No, I am not. Why should I? I have everything perfectly on my side.” she snapped, she was also feeling weary and irritable, trying to end this conversation about Krystal which always makes her wants to vomit.

 

That's true, princess. I have to admit, you're right. We're too spoiling our youngest one, thank you for reminding.” Mr. Jung pulled Jessica's temporal bone and gave her a kiss on her forehead. “I've warned your mother and the others, but they wouldn't listen.”

 

A smile appeared on Jessica's face, “I'm glad someone understands.”

 

Of course I

 

His sentence was halted by a cough.

 

Coughs by coughs followed, until after a few number of coughs, Mr. Jung took a deep breath, trying to stop himself to let another cough.

 

Daddy, you okay?” Jessica showed some concern upon the old man, who looked so pale all of sudden. Even with the darkness of the screening room, his 19-year-old daughter could still see it

 

He tried to hold it, but Jessica was aware that he was trying, “I'm fine sweetie, just enjoy the movie and your popcorn.”

 

He managed to finish his sentence to assure his daughter, however, another series of coughs came afterwards. Jessica knew he wasn't fine, something was wrong and she couldn't waste a single second here where she couldn't make him feel better, she had to pull her father out, not that she wanted to watch the movie anyway.

 

Daddy, I want to go to the toilet.” she reasoned.

 

Sure, go ahead. I'll safe your seat.” he answered, not catching a glimpse of Jessica's words.

 

Daddy, I want to go to the toilet.” she repeated, her voice hardened and it was not a warning, it was an order for Mr. Jung to accompany her until she finishes her bussiness, or so he thought.

 

Reluctantly, he stood up from his chair, “Okay, let's go.” they trailed off to cinema's exit.

 

Once they stepped outside, the father and the daughter looked at each other.

 

Off you go, then. I'll wait here.” Mr. Jung was still unconcious of Jessica's intention.

 

Oh, you're the one who should be off. Fix yourself and come back here, and be fast, please.” she commanded, Mr. Jung raised his eyebrows, Jessica heaved a sigh in response, “Drink your medicine, I know you haven't take it since we entered the theater, come on Daddy, I don't want you to be sick.”

 

Her sentence got Mr. Jung touched, a massive smile appeared, he brought Jessica to his embrace, “I'm so proud of you.”

 

Okay...will you please just get on with it? It's not a big deal.” Jessica was feeling rather uncomfortable to get a hug from his father in a public place, she's too old for that, this should be his boyfriend part.

 

He released Jessica from his embrace, “Be back in a flash.”

 

However, in a flash seemed to be the wrong word, it has been fifteen minutes, and Mr. Jung has yet came out from the bathroom, Jessica checked her Cartier watch back and forth, and there was no sign of Mr. Jung. She wanted to check inside, but entering men's bathroom? Hell no.

 

She groaned, she took out her cellphone from her purse, punching her driver's number irritatibly.

 

Mr. Shin?”

 

Yes, Young Miss?”

 

Do me a favor and get to cinema quickly.”

 

Abso—” she cut the cellphone before Mr. Shin could reply, even though Jessica is the type of girl who goes on the spree, she's always fussy about her telephone bills, she always save it while she can, save it for Tiffany, her gossip mate.

 

5 minutes after, Mr. Shin came to the cinema in a rush. Jessica pointed her thumb to the bathroom, Mr. Shin was clueless of what he has to do and Jessica's body language order wasn't giving that much of a hint.

 

Mr. Shin, Daddy's in the bathroom, mind checking?” she snorted, Mr. Shin was still confused, but Miss Jessica's order is not to be questioned but to be fulfilled. He entered the bathroom and few seconds later, he came out with a panic expression.

 

Not being as panic as he is, Jessica asked, “Well?”

 

Miss, Mr. Jung..has..collapsed..” he panted while informing the news, Jessica's eyes widen in shock.

 

She literally had to kiss “midnight sale with Tiffany” goodbye.

 


J Report #23

 

The meeting today to discuss the loss of J-Group didn't went well, that's the result.

 

In my point of view, it didn't.

 

That stupid Jo Kwon is still making a fuss.

 

Right. In. Front. Of. Me.

 

I mean, come on, man. People may call him a genius or what, but he has no manner..at all.

 

This is one example :

 

 

 

 

See?

 

He's taking a picture with his wife, in my office, and asked for my help!

 

Sigh.

 

Sometimes I wonder why I let that guy work in my office.

 

Jin Woon, you do have one hell of a friend.

 

Either way, enough about the guy.

 

Father is not going to be happy once he knows about cutback.

 

I have doubts this days, maybe I'm not ready to take over his place after all.

 

Sigh.

 

I just hope the best for the other Jungs.

 

Yunho, I wish you don't screw the blind date this time, I hope your hot head will cool down at the moment.

 

Jin Woon, I don't know what you're up to by taking jobs abroad, but I wish you could better than I do.

 

Yonghwa, I know you are staying silent and as the oldest brother, I pity you, you don't look very well these days, whatever your problem is, I know you'll find a way out, you're the smartest lad among us.

 

Jessica, please, stop bossing your brothers and father around, you are such a lazybone.

 

And Krystal,

 

Oppa misses you a lot, my tie is still waiting for you to fix it. Jung Manor isn't the same without you, please come back soon.

 

Father and Mother, please stay health..

 

Director-nim!” Nichkhun barged in a rush, when Ji Hoon wasn't finished with his report(or rather, his diary), he quickly closed his report reflectively, the embarassing contents inside wasn't to be seen by somebody else, not by his subordinates.

 

What is it, Nichkhun-shi?”

 

The Chairman...your father...has been brought to the hospital!” he panicly announced, while catching his breathe.

 

Ji Hoon dropped his report ghastly,

 

His last wish wasn't meant to be written,

 

It can't be fulfilled.

 

Author's Note : I hope you enjoy the appearance of JYP-5 (Ji Hoon, Park Ji Yoon, Nichkhun, Suzy and Jo Kwon)! Guess who's Yonghwa was referring too! Also, SMTOWN INA is coming this September, gosh! I can't freaking wait!