Questions

Harmony Of Jung Family

 

Tiff, what do you think of this?” she showed a pair of high heels that's about 10-centimeter tall, her best friend gave her an instant disagreement, the blonde pouted in response. “I thought it would look good on me.”

 

Jessica, darling. You are, for god sake is a tall being even without wearing those, what do you want to be, giraffe?” Tiffany's unpleasant answer to Jessica's request of opinion managed her to put the shoes back to their rack, she knew Tiffany is the best when it comes to judge fashion, being a fashion designer she is.

 

Rather than that,” Tiffany picked a sheet of a red long dress that's still hinged on its hanger. “this one?”

 

Red suits you well and the cut on the dress suits your body proportion as well, so, pass.” without further ado, Tiffany threw the dress inside her shopping bag gleefully without looking at the price, followed by a hum. She had set her eyes at the dress the first second she stepped on the store's floor, only Jessica's consent left and she'll surely take the dress, which to Jessica's knowledge, her opinion was not Tiffany's necessities.

 

I can't understand why do you still ask for my approval to buy 'this' or 'that', you're a designer, Tiff, you should know better than I do.” the blonde inquired.

 

The brunette tut-tutted and sent her best friend a condescending look. “You have so much to learn, Soo Yeon. One shouldn't critic oneself, a valuation is best to be made by other people.” said Tiffany sagely, skipping to another corner of clothing section afterwards, Jessica willingly followed.

 

I'm more surprised in you, Jessi, it hasn't been a week since you weep in a pathetic demeanor over Uncle Jung OTP, but now you're here, with me, Yeoju Premium Outlets, shopping spree. What's the big deal?” Tiffany asked while selecting few clothes for her to try on.

 

She didn't feel to discuss the topic of Mr. Jung at first, but she knew people, will ask the change of behavior because she herself had asked a bunch of people to hear out of her story, especially Tiffany, who she regards as her soulmate.

 

I got some enlightenment.” she tried to look strong and casual.

 

Your brothers?”

 

I couldn't think of any other person.”

 

Tiffany just shrugged indifferently. “It could be your mother or..well you know.” her name was not to be spoken.

 

Keep dreaming.” she didn't utter to care, to hell with Krystal.

 

Tiffany stopped her search for the clothes and finally faced the blonde, “How's she in Singapore? I haven't heard of her ever since.”

 

Great, not only her family, now her best friend also gave her a Cinderella complex consent.

 

That's not for me to answer, you know you have plenty options to be asked. Yunho, for example.” she diverted her attention to the clothings, to make sure she didn't bother to look at Tiffany, who's showing concern for her cursed little sister.

 

Tiffany, who was literally testing the waters, sighed depressedly, “You're still in bad terms with Krys?”

 

A defiant glare was directed to Tiffany. “Really, you're asking me that?”

 

Of course I am.”

 

I believe it would be literally correct if I haven't got a truce with her, which never happened for years, in fact.” she let out an annoyed huff.

 

Now that's a question, why haven't you?”

 

Because we never feel like to, and no one's taking the iniative.”

 

Don't you, as her Unnie, you should be the one?” Tiffany suggested carefully, trying not to offend the blonde.

 

She showed a disbelief look. “Are you siding her but not me, just now? Are you saying that I should give up?”

 

For heaven's sake, Jessi. calm down and be objective, there's nothing for you to surrender.”

 

There is, pride.” her answer was stern.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes upon the hardness to knock the senses into her friend. “What pride to be defended between siblings, Jessi? You're being nonsical.”

 

To not lose to each other unless you're taken down?” she competitively replied.

 

You speak like you're facing an enemy.” she facetiously commented.

 

She is.” And with that, Jessica concluded her debate with Tiffany

 

Tiffany groaned in despair, she, on the other hand, despite being a friend of Jessica's, never once hated Jung Soo Jung through out her life. To her, Krystal was such a sweetheart and well-mannered girl, not to mention her dilligence, whose traits most young girls didn't possess at that time, including herself.

 

Meanwhile as she looked to Jessica, an image of spoiled brat, who cares a little too much about money, was always there, like it or not. She didn't despise Jessica, but she couldn't hesitant to guess why Jessica always act gruesome to her own little sister, as far as Tiffany could get, there's no other answer scripted inside her mind.

 

Jealousy.

 

But she always, and never cease to deny it.

 

Alright, I think these would do for today, let's have Daddy to pay for this, oh—”

 

And unfortunate for Jessica's side, her loyal supporter has no longer there to support her.


 

They said thirty is the sky limit, Director-nim.” reported Nichkhun over the phone with a worried tone as he knew thirty wasn't the number his leader was expecting. Ji Hoon massaged his temple fretfully, the idea to market his late Father's estate came from his mother, since they were unnocupied in any way.

 

As open-hearted as Ji Hoon could be, he wasn't the same person when it comes to bussiness, moreover his father's legacy. Lately, he has been trying to negotiate with people who needed empty spaces for them to fill, because Mr. Jung left more of liquid assets rather than cash.

 

Even forty is too less for me, can't you get them to raise to, at least fifty? That's the lowest I can get, in all honesty.” he requested to raise the offer through Nichkhun, if he's going to sell his fathers' belongings, he would sell it in a profitable price.

 

I will try, I'm having them on the phone. I'll report again, Director-nim.” Nichkhun hung up the phone. Ji Hoon let out a desperate sigh, he had scattered J-Group workers everywhere to sell the assets his father left, as he had no idea what to do with them, the best he could do was to sell them so he could use the money in return for things he thought he'd able to manage.

 

However, things weren't at his table lately, the call he had with Nichkhun was the third one, another rejection of the price he had offered, which stressed him in anyway there was. He predicted with less and less of grounds available in Korea, he could raise from the buying price his father made, but his stretegy didn't really work, even though he had studied his fathers' assets overnight.

 

What's worse, now his father's relics weren't the only problem in his mind. He was the new patriach of Jung Family at the moment, he's the one who has to feed his siblings since his mother had no job with his father gone, every responsibilities existed within the family was given to him, not to mention J-Group's activity.

 

In a sum, he was bounded, mentally and physically.

 

He released a long deep, exhausted, sigh as he massaged his temple, thinking what he has gotten himself into. He has started counting since he has sleep deprivation, it was the fourth time of the week since he slept at three, and the second time since he didn't caught even a slight of sleep all night. He wanted to sleep badly, however, obligations and work wouldn't let him sleep in peace.

 

A finger poked his back in the midst of his desperation, “Coffee, Director-nim?”

 

Not to mention, love life, but it could wait, he thought. “Thanks, Ji Yoon-ah.” he took the cup of Cappucino from the hand of his secretary. “With this coffee, I wouldn't even dream tonight.”

 

Ji Yoon felt a little guilty. “You should've told me beforehand or turn down my offer, I didn't know you had a lack of sleep. I'll be sure to bring herbal tea next time.”

 

Ji Hoon chuckled, “I wouldn't dare, since the cappucinno you make always gets my tounge dancing.”

 

The secretary giggled. “You and your never-ending compliments.”

 

The truth never hurts.”

 

Are you sure with that statement, even to you?”

 

Truthfully, Ji Yoon's reply was something that Ji Hoon got in mind, does the truth hurts? He lost his father when he was financially unstable, he became a patriach when he was unready to take care his siblings who has complex variety of characters, he needed to raise his company's state and prestige in their setback, and most of all, he has to deal with this, alone.

 

Maybe truth does hurts.

 

I'm not sure, Ji Yoon-ah. Things are pretty hectic on my side and it's all on me. I don't know whether I will survive from these ordeals or not.” he didn't want to sound complaining towards his obligations, but Ji Yoon would be the only one who would understand his position.

 

Park Ji Yoon let off her most gracious smile. “We can't really predict one's death, Director-nim. We should've prepared everything before things happened. I know both J-Group and you, the new Chairman, are both in a tight position. But you must endure, there are a lot of people who cling their hope on you.”

 

Cling their hope on me?

 

Are they sure they cling their hope in the right person?

 

Ji Hoon has never been this pessimistic, but every sentence that escaped Ji Yoon's lips pressured him in a lot of ways although Ji Yoon didn't meant it that way. Questions and doubts he kept asking inside stayed unanswered, he had no right to question himself.

 

Can't they find another person to count on?” out of his conciousness, Ji Hoon blurted. The secretary was slightly taken aback with his question.

 

Ji Yoon huffed and shook her head lightly. “Director-nim, everyone will be sad if they heard that from you.”

 

I just don't think I can—” his sentence were halted by Ji Yoon, who placed her hand on top of his out of the blue.

 

You can.”

 

How could you say so?”

 

I don't have any basis, but I just believe in you, Director-nim. You're just having a hard time that made you doubt yourself.” Ji Yoon admonished while Ji Hoon's hand. “I believe in you, what about you, Director-nim?”

 

Suddenly, a large thud came from the Director's Office door interrupted Ji Hoon and Ji Yoon's sharing time, one of Ji Hoon's most despised subordinate barged in and as he entered, the two quickly broke their skinship interaction, leaving Ji Yoon's question left unnatended.

 

Director-nim! I found a new offer that you might like! Here!” Jo Kwon gleefully rushed towards Ji Hoon, hit few of Ji Hoon's stack of files for all he cared, and gave him his cellphone which was holding Ji Hoon's potential customer. The Director groaned in a very mini voice so that no one could hear except his secretary.

 

Next time, I'll make sure I put 'Knock Before You Enter' at the door.” his secretary giggled upon the suggestion.

 

Don't make your customer wait, Director-nim.”

 

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, however, part of him was glad he didn't have to answer Ji Yoon's inquiry.

 


 

So today, I'll divide the groups for the final project of this semester. Let's start with the first group; Jiho, Kwang Hee, Henry, Hyuna...” the Professor continued to read the team whilst the students were busy with themselves, barely half of the class were listening, but Professors wouldn't give a damn of those students who weren't listening, they were paid to lecture, not to be a busybody.

 

Yonghwa, was in the group of people who weren't listening. He chose to have long nap in the class like he planned beforehand, due to his overnight show in someplace made him lack of sleep. Him being paired with other people wasn't part of his bussiness, he'll work if he feel like it, or when he has a time to spare, to avoid being blamed by the other members.

 

..Lastly, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Yonghwa. That'd be all, any question?” unnoticed by the professor, one girl was skipped, but she knew the very reason why she was passed .Thus, she has no other option but to raise her hand.

 

Yes? And you are..?”

 

Seo Joo Hyun, Seonsaengnim.” she answered firmly.

 

Ah yes, Miss Seo Joo Hyun, how may I help you?” at the first glance, the Professor was mesmerized by her invigorating beauty.

 

Just call me, Seohyun, Seonsaengnim. I want to ask in which team do I belong to?”

 

My bad, what's your absent number, Miss Seohyun?” he returned his attention back to the attendance book, but as he thoroughly searching, no Seo Joo Hyun was found.

 

I'm afraid I don't have an idea, and I'm not sure if I happen to have one, I'm new here, since three days ago.” her timid yet soft voice and tone woke some of the boys from their deep nap, and many concluded their chitchat with the bench next to them, just to glance at the beautiful lady who claimed to be their new classmate. Many wanted her to be their teammate, just to have a chance to get close to the girl.

 

Well, since there's no girl is present in Jonghyun's team, you are to be their last team member.” the Professor closed his attendance book, Seohyun nodded understandably and returned to her respective seat, while fixing her slightly crumpled skirt.

 

Both men and women sent glares of jealousy to Jonghyun's team members. To men, they were all jealous that the four men got the first chance to interact with Seohyun, their new class' diva, while for the women, they sent their poisonous look to Seohyun, as she got paired up with the CN Blue's members who were renowned as the group who holds the campus' finest men.

 

Simply to say, Jonghyun's Final Project Team were full of perfect people.

 

Now, rendezvous with your teammates and discuss what you're going to make for the the semester's final project. 15 minutes.” The Professor threw his back to the chair, continuing the unfinished To Kill The Mocking Bird book he had been reading. The class, half were reluctant, sprawled in search for their teammates.

 

Yonghwa, however, didn't budge from his seat and kept his beauty sleep, Jonghyun and the others took the iniative to approach his older classmate as they knew very well his friend, or rather their band leader wouldn't bother to wake up.

 

Wow! I never thought we'll end up in a same team!” Jungshin cheered, receiving hi-five from Jonghyun and Minhyuk who were equally happy. They didn't bother Yonghwa who was soundly sleeping, they knew he wouldn't up for a discussion or two. They know the drill; give him the assignment they wanted him to do and let him finish it alone.

 

Now what are we going to do..?” suddenly, Minhyuk felt a finger was poking his elbow. He turned around to see who it was, it was the girl with the radiating beauty just now.

 

Jonghyun-shi?” she asked.

 

Minhyuk shook his head lightly. “No, he's Jonghyun.” pointing at the older guy.

 

Jonghyun put his index finger below her chin, trying to recall her name. “Um, Seo..Joo Hyun-shi?”

 

The young lady somewhat smiled in return, to have her name remembered, her innocent smile made the three boys' heart fluttered, “It would be fine if you just call me Seohyun. We are in the same team, right? Pleasure to meet you.” she shook Jonghyun's hand lightly.

 

The pleasure is all mine, Seohyun-shi. Oh, here are our other teammates, Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jungshin.” he introduced the younger boys, soon they recognized each others' names and faces, only one was clueless of the current situation.

 

So there are four of us as a team?I thought this would be five-member team, no?”

 

The boys couldn't answer her urge to clarify things, there was Yonghwa, but as always, his presence is always close to stealth, that's how he sought himself, invisible.

 

Actually,” Minhyuk took the liberty to speak first, “we have one more person. His name is Jung Yonghwa.”

 

And this Jung Yonghwa would be...where?”

 

Here.” Jungshin tapped on Yonghwa's back, trying to wake him up from his slumber. “Yonghwa Hyung, wake up, we have a new classmate.”

 

Half-awake, he opened his eyelids narrowly to see who it was, finding it was Jungshin, he got back to sleep.

 

Shut up..” Seohyun's eyes expanded due to Yonghwa's both nonchalant remark and attitude, the other boys diverted their gaze in embarassment, they know how surprised Seohyun would be. They tried to make him budge by shaking his shoulders, but they didn't succeed to make him open his eyelids once again.

 

Alas, they came to no option left.

 

Seohyun-shi..I think we ought to leave him alone, don't worry, we could do fine with just the four of us, I'll tell the work you wanted him to do, he'll do it, I guarantee.” Jonghyun didn't sound very convincing, to his experience, last time he had done Yonghwa's part of work, all of them.

 

Now, that doesn't sound very much of a teamwork, isn't it?”

 

Her short question made the boys stuck in an enigma. They wanted to agree, but it's always easier said than done when it comes to Yonghwa.

 

If you excuse me.” Seohyun lumbered in front of Yonghwa's desk, the three were clueless of what she's about to do, unbeknowst to them, she was about to do the unthinkable.

 

I'm sorry, Jung Yonghwa-shi.” she closed the gap between her hand and Yonghwa's head, which is now forming a flicking stance in front of Yonghwa's forehead. The boys were caught surprised, wanted to stop her before Yonghwa goes rampage on her.

 

But they were too late.

 

Thump.

 

The man who had his forehead gotten red instinctly woke up in resentment, no one, for years dared to flick the forehead of Jung Yonghwa, last time there was one girl who dare to did so, and the outcome was unfavorable to her.

 

Still, Seohyun flicked him in the same manner as she was, without a doubt and without an intent to hurt.

 

Who—who are you, little jerk?” oh no, this is it for Seohyun. The boys thought with fear.

 

The jerk's name is Seohyun, and it's nice too meet you too, Jung Yonghwa-shi.”

 

Seohyun's uncalled bravery put CN Blue members speechless.


 

Seororo's Frog File. Thursday,23-07-12

File #327

 

Life in Dongguk

 

  1. The progress so far

  2. Final Project Team

  3. Jung Yonghwa

 

1. The progress so far

 

Never thought it has been three days since I attended the Dongguk, the transfer was abrupt but I guess I manage to catch up so far.

 

I found myself trapped in this brilliant society, if it weren't Daddy's hard work and sacrifice to put me in here, I might not be able to attend the university I've always wanted.

 

Thank you, Daddy. Jeongmal Kamshahamnida, your daughter Seo Joo Hyun wouldn't let you down, promise.

 

I'll try to mingle with the other freshmen so I could share their experiences that I missed, oh, I have befriended with one who shared most of the same classes with me, Yoona, was her name. She is an excellent girl and so confident, it'd be best to learn from her.

 

I'm sure with more time I spend here, I'll be in the same position as them, everyone was acting so nice to me though, especially most of the boys helped me a lot of things.

 

Well, not everyone, but the majorities are still nice.

 

2. Final Project Team

 

Call it a bad or good luck, but I think the timing of my transfer was a bit delicate.

 

It's the Final Project Time already! Omo..

 

However, I won't think I'll fail though, no matter what difficulty it is, Seo Joo Hyun will overcome it! Hwaiting!

 

Especially the team are full of nice people! Except one though, but putting him aside, everyone is being very nice to me! I'm grateful to be ended up with these boys, being the only girl doesn't make things awkward, to my amazement.

 

As I learned about them, the four of them happen to be bandmates, called CN Blue, it was a cool and simple name, Jungshin-shi admitted that the whole school knew about them, boys or girls. Maybe I am a lucky fellow after all, not only being in the same group but working with them, what an honor.

 

Jonghyun-shi astounded me with his leading skills and his dignity to teach me from zero, not only about the Project, but also with the university's benefits, courses, and everything, I'm grateful to have him in the team.

 

Minhyuk-shi was such an 'Ace in the hole' of the team, he literally shared various of ideas that were planted in his head to us, which I think would be useful references to our Final Project. Not to mention, he shared the same birthday as me! What a blessing coincidence!

 

Jungshin-shi didn't show too much of his work since I think, his part were dominated by Jonghyun-shi and Minhyuk-shi but he didn't seem to mind it, he even brought the group in laughter, his jokes are hillarious, a true “Nation's Chingu” as Jonghyun-shi called him.

 

Last and least, was him, who got his own corner in my personal file.

 

Jerk.

 

3. Jung Yonghwa

 

This guy is unbelievable.

 

A sleepyhead.

 

Slowpoke.

 

Ugh, I wasn't suppose to mock people, it's against my etiquette but still, I hate this kind of person.

 

He slept in our discussion! Even after the hard flick I gave to him! God..

 

I wonder how these kind of people still manage to exist.

 

No matter,

 

I have vowed to myself I will make this guy work to my favor, either he likes it or not.

 

At all cost

 

And when he falls asleep again, I have prepared a new weapon with 100% chance to wake him up.

 

Just you wait, Jung Yonghwa.

 

Jerk.

 

Daddy shouldn't see this entry or he'll chastise me for good.

 

De Arimasu~

 

Signed, Seo Joo Hyun

 

Author's Note : Yonghwa appeared in everyone's diary, hasn't he? :D not to forget, Happy Birthday f(x) and The Jungs's Maknae Jung Soo Jung a.k.a Krystal!