Contact

Harmony Of Jung Family

 

In the front row, she was sitting upright with her eyes latched on every move the Professor made, since she knew that she had a limitation in receiving lessons in English, despite being an American-born, that fact only helped her a little in this situation. She couldn’t rely more than eyeing on Professors gestures, and she was one of the most diligent pre-undergraduate who frequently asked questions in that hall of lecture.

 

“Classical Economics Theory that was popularized by Adam Smith’s book,” the Professor showed a tome. Wealth Of Nation. This book is getting questioned up until this 21st century. Sraffians, who studies on discontinuity thesis, believed that John Stuart Mill’s theory that put forth a half-way house between classical and neoclassical economics is more consistent from his point view. Other than Sraffians, several debates amongst economics had been held to this one value theory–yes, Miss Jung?” noticing Krystal reaching her hand to the sky, the Professor halted his speech.

 

If the Professor remembered correctly, that was the fifth time Krystal raised her hand in the session. She didn’t wish to delay the session but she couldn’t help it, she couldn’t afford a miss a thing or two she didn’t understand.

 

“Professor, if I may ask, I’m wondering, considering that this theory has been proven to be unstable and questionable at the same time, is it safe to say that this theory doesn’t apply to this era any longer?” she inquired with a long explanation.

 

“Nice question, although I have to disagree on that. The records show that even Modern Economic Theories are sustained by the Classic Theories because they’re one part of economical structure that’s inseparable, according to Adam Smith.” Krystal nodded at his answers, lowering her hand as the Q & A ended.

 

“False.” A voice echoed from one of the seat in the back row, Krystal turned her head around, trying to locate where to voice came from. It’s a smug voice she was sure she had heard somewhere.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim? What would you say of this? It’d be better if you raise your hand beforehand, though.” The Professor kindly reminded. Krystal shook her head with condescending look as she sighted the man she knew recently. She took a glance at the man who was sitting in a position she’s not fond of, his right leg on his left knee, his hands on the back of his hand, and he was leaning on the wall, trying to make himself look like a boss of the campus.

 

“From what I see, this Classical Economics nonsense that Adam Sandler invented, was out of date, expired theory that can’t be compared to its predecessors such as Neoclassical. In an economical thought, this theory is not applicable anymore.” Explained the man with messy black hair that’s beyond average. His explanation was concluded with a sway on his bang.

 

Oh god, help me get through this moron.

 

“Brave thing you said there. Now tell me a thing or two that could defend your theory, and Mr. Kim, it’s Adam Smith.” His sentence was challenging.

 

“According to me,” how conceited this man could be, Krystal couldn’t apprehend. “to have economy that depend over something so stagnant, is not acceptable in every way there is. The only similarity that I could agree of is that technology does have a role to play in every Neoclassical as well. Other than that, those things Colonel Sanders said back in the book, are seen as exogenous elements.”

 

Krystal cleared before she started. “And I suppose everything’s according to you and your brain, Mr. Kim?” she was planning to stay silent, but the arrogance in his voice irritated her so much that she wanted to prove his theory was wrong.

 

“Depends on the matter,” there’s so much understatement in his eyes much to Krystal’s knowledge. “but usually, yes it does, Miss Jung.”

 

The argument was to continue and the students had sensed the invisible fire that’s crossing between the front row and the row in the very back. However, the bell rang just in time, saving the Professor from the bother of calming the heat in the hall.

 

“Alright class, you’re all dismissed. Study the page fifty-two for the next subject, thank you.” The students packed their belongings and the Professor did as well, only Krystal and Kai latched their eyes on each other with unpleasant expressions, rivalry surely ignited between them. 

 

On her way out of the campus, she was muttering curses and mockeries directed to the very man who pissed her. Without her noticing, a hand from her back stopped her movement.

 

She turned her head around to see who it was, a man wearing black and white plaid that she was foreign of. “Do I know you?”

 

“Oh, forgive my impudence. I’m Oh Sehun, a classmate of yours and fellow Korean, and yes, I saw you in the front row just then.” He reached out his hand for her for a shake, she didn’t see the harm in an introduction. “I’m Jung Krystal. How may I help you?”

 

“It’s nothing, I just want to say thank you for doing me a favor to ask those questions, it helped me a lot, for I don’t have the courage to ask on things.” Admitted Sehun blithely, although Krystal sought his humble words were a form of cowardice, and she never liked those who possessed chicken heart.

 

“If you have anything to ask, then ask. You paid for your college, you might as well use the opportunity.” She suggested courageously, with the tone left from the fight she had with Kai.

 

He nodded, agreeing to her words. “Apart from that, I’m astounded with the argument you had back then, no one has done that before to the almighty Kim Jongin.” He praised, Krystal was about to spit in disgust at the mention of his name.

 

Almighty? For crying out loud, that’s one title too much to describe such moron.” She didn’t feel to discuss Kai, but it felt relieving to mock him to another person, one way or another.

 

“That’s what I mean, you astound me.” He praised, but Krystal wasn’t happy one bit. “As far as I know, there was no one who stood a chance to him in terms of intelligence, they usually ended up making fool out of themselves. You’re the first one to talk like that, Krystal.”

 

Surprised by the unexpected news, Krystal asked. “Like, really, no one? A jerk at his caliber?”

 

“Those who debated with him ended up regretting, often. He’s a stand-alone person, though, he doesn’t play in groups and bully people, on that part, he’s quite fair.” That’s one part that Krystal was delighted to hear, usually people she knew with intelligence equipped with foul traits as he possessed, often to be domineering.

 

“And I’m his childhood friend.” His announcement shocked Krystal until she stopped walking.

 

She sighed. “Okay, you actually could skip that part if you are to gain my trust. What’s this, some sort of his folly effort to convince me?”

 

“Oh no, it’s nothing like that, I came here on my own will. Truthfully, I want to be your friend, and…I don’t wish to keep that a secret, that is my form of trust to you.” He conceded truthfully, Krystal didn’t wish to keep in contact with someone’s close to him, but judging Sehun just solely because he’s a friend of Kai seemed false either.

 

“Fair enough.”

 

“So you’re now hanging out with that noisy girl now, Sehun?” asked Kai with satire, as he appeared in front of the two out of nowhere on their way to the campus’ gate.

 

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

 

She knew, and expected that she would run to this situation if she hung out with Sehun.

 

Sehun leaned head closer to Krystal’s ear. “This is what I mean.”


 

It’s his second day inside the airport in a bad shape, and he had yet found a way out of the Frankfurt airport. The only thing he had for dinner yesterday was his Mars chocolate bar, and he couldn’t tell whether his little change money, which is in won, can afford to save him from this distress.

 

He couldn’t say he had luck on his side, for his presence was invisible from the sight of security guards that usually checked on passengers who stayed on the airport. He had an effort to hide himself, though. Now that he passed the first night successfully, there’s no telling if he could keep up with this hide-and-seek with the security guards of Frankfurt airport. Probably by tomorrow, they would catch him off-guard.

 

Furthermore, his luck on water supply didn’t cease to falter either, there were tons of water supply from the fountain, the only thing he kept thinking was how to survive with no food.

 

There’s only one savior he saw to be his only hope from this pandemonium, his cellphone.

 

However, chances within that tiny item were unreasonably thin. He remembered that he hadn’t fill the credit for the cellphone, and he realized international call would cost too much of the credit remaining in the phone. If he counted right, then the length of time he could spend on the phone would be twenty seconds.

 

Around twenty seconds, it could be more, or it could be less. He’s hoping that he counted wrong, hoping that it would one minute or more, that’s just how desperate he was that even his logic was twisted. 

 

What’s worse, one call was all he had.

To do something that’s risky and swift was never his forte, and he was forced to do things that needed those, plus right timing as well. Jin Woon was a cautious person and rather slow in everything he did, and he was well aware of that weakness of his. So before he begun to call someone, he made preparations, who to call, where the call should take place, and the hardest part;

 

What to say in twenty seconds.

 

He scribbled sentence by sentence on his cellphone, trying to be careful not to let the battery drain when he needed it. At times like this, he was grateful that he picked Samsung Galaxy Note that always came in handy when it comes to battery matter. Still, his charger was inside his stolen bag and he ought to be careful to do things with his cellphone too so it wouldn’t be the next stolen item.

 

Exactly 9.12 in Germany, he finished all his preparations, it was unfortunate that the note was on the cellphone, so he could only depend on his memory, in terms of memory, he’s pretty confident, but he didn’t know if his brain function just as well under pressure.

 

In the who to call section, he picked Ji Hoon, the one he trusted to understand his situation in the matter of seconds, and he knew that Ji Hoon was always able to recognize emergency as well.

 

In the where to call section, he picked men’s bathroom, so that his voice wouldn’t be consumed by the noises came from the airport.

 

Lastly, he had decided what to say. He knew even with Ji Hoon’s capabilities, it would still be difficult to apprehend things in twenty seconds. So his final decision was not to ask him to settle the business, but ask him to come over to Germany, he felt bad at first but he would feel worse if he died in airport, it’d be both ridiculous and embarrassing that would tarnish the honored name of Jung.

 

So, the sentence goes like this; Hyung! I’m trapped in Frankfurt Airport and my things were stolen! I need your help! This is an emergency so pick me up in Germany!

 

To string up those words alone consumed three hours.

 

He speed-walked to the bathroom, not run, to so that he wouldn’t sound exhausted when he talks later on. He was being as cautious as he could be. The only thing that he was worried of was his fear that those precautions he did might turn in vein. One-shot was all he got, and he couldn’t afford to miss it.

 

He was lucky that the bathroom wasn’t preoccupied. He picked the room that’s farthest from the exit, sitting on the closet. He exhaled and inhaled, pounding his chest to calm himself, closing his eyes, telling himself that he could do this, he will survive.

 

Jin Woon opened his eyes, and started to search the name Jung Ji Hoon in his contacts. His fingers were shaking hardly as he reached his brother’s name on his cellphone. No matter how much he tried his best to regain composure, the situation and the pressure still pushed him to think uneasily. He closed his eyes again, repeating the same thing he did, it was indeed necessary.

 

Then he swiftly clicked his name and put his cellphone as close as he could to his ear, so if Ji Hoon were to give a respond, he wouldn’t miss it. On the waiting line, he tried to memorize the sentence once again.

 

Hyung! I’m trapped in Frankfurt Airport and my things were stolen! I need your help! This is an emergency so pick me up in Germany!

 

Yup, he thanked god for giving him such good memory.

 

His brother finally answered his call–

 

“Hyung! I’m–”

 

“Hyung?”

 

—or so he thought.

 

Jin Woon yanked to hear that tone of voice that he sure belonged to someone he recognized, he checked the name of his contact, and that time, he was sure the goddess of fortune had finally left him.

 

Jung Jessica.

 

Due to shakings his hand gave off, his finger subconsciously slipped to the contact before Ji Hoon. His surprise took five seconds.

 

He couldn’t afford to miss his one-shot, if it had to be Jessica, then Jessica it is, not like he had any other option.

 

“Jess!ImtrappedinFrankfurtandthingswerestolen!needyourhelp!anemergencysopickmeupinGermany!”

 

He was abrupt, but he was sure he didn’t take more than five seconds, now it’s all up to his little sister understand.

 

Unfortunate for Jin Woon, on the other side, Jin Woon’s sentence sounded like a crazy chatter bird Jessica heard and hated every morning she woke up from her sleep that it was too much for her to consume, the only word she could understand was Germany.

 

“Repeat. Can’t hear you.” Ordered his little sister with a very slow manner, his eyeballs almost fell out from its sockets due to Jessica’s insensitivity upon realizing emergency situation. He believed that there’s not much time left for him to talk as much, only a word will do.

 

“Emerge—”

 

Then the call shut off.

 

“—ncy.”

 

Exactly, twenty seconds.

 

There goes his one-shot.

 

He screamed at the top of his lungs, screaming a curse loud enough for the occupants of the bathroom could hear his curse in Korean. Afterwards, he banged his head numerous times to the toilet’s door, everyone who used the bathroom finished their businesses as fast as possible, thinking that a mad man was using the same toilet as they did, even the janitor scurried to report the presence of a possible threat to the airport at that time.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica scoffed at her phone indifferently, thinking that it’s another prank that Jin Woon pulled off.

 

“Weirdo.”


 

“U-huh.” “Yeah.” “Is that so? That’s a good news!” “What? He’s searching too, now? Wow.” “I see.” “Don’t worry I’m fine here.” “Still the same? Good.” “Okay then.” “Sure, I’ll tell them you said hi.” “I won’t forget, no worries.” “Bye, Mom.” She clicked the red button on her cellphone, ending the conversation with her mother from Singapore. She had to make sure she made it as brief as possible, for two good reasons; expense and duration. Her mother was still being a worrywart and usual, even after letting her go for a month.

 

“Daily report, ‘Stal?” Questioned Victoria with her bathrobe on her, and a towel wrapped her hair after a good night shower.

 

“Yep.”

 

“What did Auntie Jung said about your family? Any good news?” Asked Sulli, while reading her magazine on the bed.

 

“She said that Yunho and Yonghwa are in relationships, that’s first.” Informed Krystal, while starting to finish the university’s task on her desk, turning on the halogen lamp to help her see.

 

“I’m not surprised with Yonghwa Oppa since he’s cool and all, but Yunho Oppa? That’s indeed a good news.”

 

Krystal turned her chair around as she heard her favorite Oppa being underestimated, for the sake of giving her icy yet sharp stare she learned from Jessica whenever they fought to each other. Sulli hated her for making an exact copy of Jessica’s annoying face, as she knew it.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry alright, Yunho Oppa is equally handsome, you happy? It’s just I thought he wouldn’t manage relationship with other woman other than you, ‘Stal. Heck, I even thought he would marry his own sister.” It was lucky Sulli ducked just in time just as Krystal flung her eraser at her.

 

“Don’t mock Yunho Oppa or this pencil will fly straight to your eyes.” She threatened, but the brunette didn’t give a care anymore and continued reading her magazine.

 

However, Victoria wanted to make sure of something, she leaned her left shoulder on the wall. “Anything else?”

 

She turned her attention to the eldest blonde. “She said something about Jin Woon having a job in Germany.”

 

“And?”

 

“That’s pretty much of it.”

 

“I see.” Victoria succumbed herself in a deep thought, still expecting a bad news. She didn’t wish have bad news that would interrupt Krystal’s study. It’s just that Krystal’s obnoxious intuition bothered her more than it did to Krystal herself. She hated herself for thinking too much of it, but no matter how hard she tried to forget, she never succeeded. One more motive that increased her worry was the last time Krystal had a conversation with Jessica on the phone.

 

“Um…Vic Unnie?” called Krystal, breaking Victoria from her own thought. “Yes?”

 

“The water on you is dripping. Please get dressed properly.”

 

Victoria hitched to the back at the sight of water on her feet. She retreated to the bathroom in short. While fixing herself, she gave a thought that maybe her original plan to make a call to Yunho was necessary after all, as she’s aware of Mrs. Jung’s habit to skip the ugly truths by herself, her experience as a good friend of Krystal and a good acquaintance of Jung Family told her that something was off.

 

An hour later, the three decided to put the lights off and went to sleep as Victoria ordered, but the only one who was assigned to take care of the girls made her eyes wide open even when it’s pitch-black. She checked her ­glowing-in-the-dark watch that’s lying on the desk, 10.06 p.m., a bad timing to call, but she couldn’t help it, she might not remember if she didn’t commence that night.

 

She slowly released herself from the blanket that’s tucking her, taking her cellphone outside and for precaution, she took few steps away from her room in order to not let Krystal eavesdrop, although it was a little bit scary to walk in that narrow dim hall, she had no choice.

 

Yunho Oppa, written on her cellphone contacts list.

 

She clicked his name, and the waiting tone was bit of a wait. She couldn’t blame him if he’s already asleep. It’s ten in the night anyway.

 

Few seconds later, Victoria heard his half-asleep voice got into her ears. “Yoboseoo…Jung Yunho here…”

 

Hearing that voice of his weary face made Victoria felt guilty a bit. “Annyeong, Yunho Oppa. It’s me Victoria.”

 

“W-who? Vicky?”

 

Victoria, Oppa.” She repeated, making herself clear.

 

A deep exhale was audible on Victoria’s phone, indeed it was a bad timing to call him, for Yunho was not a very nice person, especially when someone’s interrupting his sleep. “Isn’t there something you should say before you go on, Vic?”

 

She took split seconds to understand what he meant. “Oh, I’m really sorry for calling in the night and disturbing your sleep, Oppa…there’s just something I badly have to know.”

 

Correction, you calling at midnight, Victoria Song, mind the time difference, thanks.” His satire was something she expected to ignore, the very least he didn’t yell at her. “Yes, I’m really sorry for disturbing you, it’s about Soo Jung.”

 

At the mention of her name, he blinked twice and his drowsiness had gone completely from his body. He flung off the blanket off him and sat uptight on his bed, terrified that Krystal might have gotten the news he knew she wouldn’t want to hear.

 

“What about her?” he asked in panic, and Victoria could sense the agitation in his voice, it was her department to tell uneasiness in one’s speech pattern.

 

“Nothing special about her, I’m about to ask you a question regarding her, there’s no harm in her.” Informed Victoria carefully as she heard him sighing over the phone, slowly using her profiling skills in a way Yunho wouldn’t notice.

 

“Ask away, then.” He informed.

 

“Wait…I kinda forget my question, hold on a sec.” Victoria stalled on purpose, anticipating Yunho’s reaction to proceed the way she expected.

 

“Don’t kid around me, Vic. I have work in the morning tomorrow. It’d be best you call tomorrow, this isn’t the perfect time.” He was lying—half-lying on having the work the day after, it was solely a job interview, which he wasn’t sure he would attend since Mrs. Jung appointed the job, and it’s on afternoon as well.

 

“I remember now,” Yunho groaned at the way Victoria spoke to him like she had no manner at all, this wasn’t Victoria he remembered. “tell me, Yunho Oppa. Is there something you, or your family members conceal from Krystal?”

 

He yanked a little from his cellphone in surprise. He didn’t see that one coming from Victoria’s mouth, thinking how she had got that information. He gulped, although he had made quite a distance between his face and his cellphone so that Victoria couldn’t hear his hint of nervousness, the blonde possessed a sharp auditory without Yunho knowing.

 

“I thought this whole message-delivery thing was handed to our Mother, she was reporting in just then. I didn’t see a position where I should conceal anything.” He was avoiding and adding unnecessary details, as Victoria expected.

 

“I know, but maybe there’s something that Auntie Jung doesn’t wish Krystal to know, so that she could focus on her study?” She speculated, although she was sure it was that way after all.

 

Yunho scoffed. To him, Victoria was crossing the line of his family’s privacy. “You’re thinking overboard, Vic. There isn’t a thing our Mother should hide from her, you and I both know she could be anyone but not a liar.”

 

“That would mean she’s capable of skipping the truth, as well.” She was provoking the older guy on purpose, trying to pursue him to spell out the truth.

 

Yunho closed his eyes as he tried to contain his feelings, never once he had this fiery feeling over Victoria, who he recognized as a composed woman of Krystal’s age, but that night, she was being too bold for her own good, much to Yunho’s acknowledgement.

 

“Let’s cut to the chase, shall we, Qian?” a form of intimidation was inside the way he called out her Chinese name, at that point, Victoria was sure there’s something hidden beneath this whole conversation.

 

She stayed collected. “I’m just saying something’s rather unusual these days for there are three factors that I’m aware of; one, first and foremost, Krystal hasn’t been feeling well lately, not physically, but mentally.”

 

“A pressure of campus, perhaps?”

 

“Hardly, since she said that she’s just feeling unwell several times with no exact reasons. I asked her what’s wrong, but to our side there’s nothing going wrong indeed, so I suppose it might be something that occurs in Seoul. Come on, Oppa, don’t tell me you’re her favorite brother that you’re not aware of this ability she acquires.” analyzed the Chinese perceptively.

 

“Can’t tell, never been fond of her psychic powers or my brothers’ anyway. Next.” He ordered disinterestedly, after knowing that Krystal hadn’t receives the bad news regarding Mr. Jung, his drowsiness came back and attacked him severely.

 

She rolled her eyes to know that her long explanation was dumped just like that but she had no other option but to proceed. “Secondly; the last time she made contact with Jessica Unnie few weeks ago was very, very peculiar to my ears. It seemed like Jessica Unnie wasn’t at her usual self, that’s the night when she first received that bad intuition.”

 

The night when Mr. Jung passed away, Yunho recollected. Yunho ought to be careful on the next analysis Victoria was giving to him so that she couldn’t catch him off guard, because she almost got him, almost.

 

“Can’t tell either, maybe she’s shopping around that she wouldn’t like to be bothered by her nemesis? You are fond of Krystal and Jessica’s malicious sisterhood right?” once again, he was avoiding.

 

“Of course I am but that night—”

 

He interrupted. “Next, please, Qian. I’m getting tired.”

 

She sighed, she wasn’t hoping to come to this third point since it would be rude and uncalled at the same time, but she had to do it, she was seeking the truth and she didn’t see the wrong in that.

 

“The third one it is. The last one—” she took a deep breath before she finished her sentence.

 

Yunho wanted nothing more but to push the red button his phone, shutting his phone so that he could go to the bed to recapture the sleep that Victoria stole from him.

 

“—you’re lying.”

 

An invisible knife pierced through Yunho’s heart as that sentence came from Victoria.

 

Trying to get ahold of himself, he retorted. “That’s very impolite of you, Song Qian, accusing someone to be lying, moreover in the middle of night.”

 

She sighed before she sounded very all knowing. “Yunho Oppa, for your information, I’m entering Psychology class in NUS and I’m trained to tell when a person is lying or not, it’s a basic study of Psychology. I wasn’t sure back when I called you at first, but you have performed every single indication that tells me that you’re lying, right from the start.”

 

He paused, unable to answer her.

 

Victoria continued her speech. “You’re using my words to answer my questions, avoiding direct statements, adding unnecessary details into your answers and mostly, you reacted to pauses that I made with agitation, implying that you’re feeling uneasy as our conversation went on.”

 

He gritted his teeth.

 

“I’m sorry if I sound so irritating but—”

 

“That’s enough.” To Victoria’s surprise, he answered with a calm response. “That’s enough, Vic.”

 

“So you admit it?” she asked, like a police who’s trying to put her criminal into the jail.

 

“Yup, I admit that your profiling skills are exceptional.” Hearing his praise, she was slightly flattered, to think that her guess all this time was indeed right.

 

“But,” that single word surprised Victoria very much. “I have to say that I’m disappointed in you, not only that you called me abruptly in the night but you also guessed wrong. Those indications you have with you might be mistaken at the first place, I am not in my best state but what do you expect? It’s past midnight. Qian, forgive my mistakes for not being able to answer you properly, but you’re wrong, very wrong.” He denied once again, at times like this, he sure confidence in his voice didn’t fail him. It did convince Victoria at the same time.

 

She was highly disappointed that her theory was wrong, since what Yunho said had a point on its own, and time was the biggest factor that failed her.

 

“I guess I’m wrong after all, huh?”

 

“Not entirely, but yes I might say you were.” Noted Yunho kindly, trying not to make the blonde felt guilty upon her mistake.

 

She sighed in discourage. “I’m really sorry for bothering you and making you to listen to my blabbering, Oppa.”

 

“No biggies, Victoria, I had fun listening anyway. Likewise, it shows how much you care for my little sister, and I can’t be more grateful than that, it was worth it.” He expressed his gratitude sincerely, making Victoria beam widely again.

 

“It’s nothing, she’s a sister to me too that’s why I’m deeply concerned since the symptoms of her intuition is getting worse.”

 

“It will go away in time, she does that everyday at home but nothing happened.” He lied.

 

“Thank you so much, Oppa. You may go back to your sleep now. It’s nice talking to you even at this hour. I’m sorry, once again. Annyeong.”

 

Before Yunho ended his conversation with Victoria, he didn’t know why, but there’s something inside him that kept pushing him to tell Victoria the truth. He didn’t know if it was trust to her, or compassion so that Victoria’s concern that made her call Yunho in the middle of the night wouldn’t go waste, whatever it was, it did successfully push Yunho to reveal the truth to her.

 

“Qian, wait.” Her finger was only an inch away from shutting the conversation, then she latched his cellphone back to her ear. “Yes, Oppa?”

 

“There’s something I need to tell you…”

 

That night, Yunho revealed everything that occurred inside his family, the death of Mr. Jung, the stress Ji Hoon was experiencing, and everything he concealed from Krystal, he informed to Victoria. At his first news telling that Mr. Jung had passed away without Krystal knowing made her stumble on the wall already, her legs reacted as her heart responded, weak. She sat on the dirty floor in deep grief and shock, leaning on the wall, her tears ran down endlessly.

 

“—and I have to say, you were remarkable, Victoria. Your whole guess was right after all.” He concluded with a praise, which Victoria didn’t accept with flutter in her heart anymore.

 

“Oppa, thank you, for telling the truth. Now I know, what must be done.” She answered shortly.

 

“Vic—” To Yunho’s surprise, she just turned off her cellphone in a brief without giving a response that Yunho expected. He was afraid that Victoria might leak the truth to Krystal. Again, his trust upon the blonde secretly told him that she wouldn’t do such a thing, not at that very moment, at least.

 

Victoria returned to her condo grimly, her brain couldn’t function the way it was back when he called Yunho at the first place. She was daringly challenging Yunho to tell the truth, to tell that bad news that he’d been keeping himself, only to found herself defeated by the ugly truth shared to her. She let her tears rolled up until she reached her destination, then she wiped off the water on her cheeks, she couldn’t risk herself being caught by her friends that she was crying.

 

As she opened the door, her room was still dark as before and both Sulli and Krystal were sleeping peacefully on their respective beds. Only that night, Victoria slipped herself on Krystal’s bed, awakening the latter in process.

 

“U-Unnie…? Why are you sleeping here? You have your own bed, y’know…get off, it’s crowded here…” she exhaustedly protested.

 

“Just this once, ‘Stal?” she pleaded. Although the room was pitch-dark, Krystal could see the crystal in Victoria’s eyes, her request and the look in her eyes made Krystal surrender to her wish, it’s not a big deal anyway.

 

“Just this once.” She echoed, returning back to her sleep. Victoria smiled widely and held the youngest one of the group in her arms, tightly, keeping her safe in her lock.

 

I promise I will tell you, when the time—when I feel right, I will tell you.  Promise.


 

Oh Sehun’s Online Memoir

17-08-2012, Friday.

Another Day In NUS

 

The title’s lame, but can’t think of another one, I’ve been using that title three times up until now. Today has just been a day like before, more or less. There’s one event that I really want to note, though. That girl that Kai encountered back in the bar few days ago, she is really, really something.

 

She is a brilliant kid to start with; her questions really did help me, although I said that to her this afternoon as a form of flattery, I couldn’t believe how much I’ve written from her questions alone. One thing that I regret is that, I come up with another Korean rival student, but I guess it’s a good thing, maybe.

 

Krystal is both sharp and perceptive to my opinion, she rarely pity people for what they cannot do and she believes everything goes through hard work, it’s rare to see a girl of her kind, I always thought that girls at her age do things according to their own will, the fact that she’s also a Korean astounds me even more, I have to be proud of women in my own country.

 

Did I mention that she’s not bad-lookin’ as well?

 

She was not pretty when she debates with Kai, though. Their fight is something out of my tolerance level that sometimes I feel the need to barge in between them. If I counted right, they had five rounds of verbal battle today, none of them were acceptable.

 

I think she lives with her sisters. I saw them picking her up at the front gate. Juveniles these days sure are brave, and if I ain’t wrong, I’m sure I saw Qian Noona, mine and Kai’s classmate during EPIK, it’s a small world after all~ *sings Disney song*

 

I had fun and that’s just another day in NUS. Nothing special.

 

By the way, I took some photos with Kai Hyung and Baekhyun Hyung today, witness this, the handsome me.

 

 

Don’t faint, ladies who see this.