Fresh Start

Harmony Of Jung Family

“Sulli! Victoria Unnie!” she called out happily as soon she found her friends among the crowd of passengers in Changi Airport. The five hours flight should have brought her into a deep sleep, but she was being too anxious to put herself in deep slumber, jittery upon not seeing her friends when she reaches Singapore got into her nerves, however, all that fear vanquished when she managed to locate her friends as soon as she departed on the Lion City.

 

 

I'm glad you made it! I was being paranoid that you wouldn't be here.” The oldest of the three spoke, putting her hands on her chest in relieve, rather than Krystal who's being a solo wanderer right from Incheon Airport, Victoria was twice as worried as she is, she's the one who's responsible for the two, being older a year than Krystal and Sulli, she's assigned to become the caretaker of the younger girls.

 

Jung Yunho, and Choi Siwon (Sulli's older brother) assigned her, actually.

 

Wow, do I smell distrust here, Vic Unnie? What does 'you wouldn't be here' means?” Krystal nudged Victoria lightly on her tender arm. She was rather unhappy to hear such sentence, she believed she's a big girl by now, but everyone, not even one, did.

 

Victoria jerked a little, she's well aware of Krystal sensitivity, “Uh...I mean, you might have forgotten about us and just skedaddle out of the airport. You were freaking enthusiastic about being independent back in Korea, after all.” she lied.

 

Satisfied with Victoria's false answer, Krystal tilted her head to the two centimenter taller brunette, “Ssul! Good to see you! We've made it here! Aren't you happy?” she chirped, the girl smiled brightly in return. “Of course I am! Out of reach from siblings feels really good and there's only three of us! And not to mention, no parents! We're going to have so much fun, no limitations!”

 

Victoria rolled her eyes, “That's where you're wrong, Sulliver! There will be limitations and rules to obey! No parents doesn't mean no limitations, I'm here to fulfill that role!” she stated firmly, 'no limitations' is a big no-no, not on her watch.

 

“...Or perhaps, we do have a parent here.” Sulli corrected jokingly, earning a light punch on her head.

 

“Guys, don't forget to call your relatives once we reached our hotel, okay? Don't make them clueless about your location, they might be worried sick about you if you did.” Krystal repeated what Yunho has commanded her to say to her friends, he had repeated that many times before her departure that those words scribbled on her brain already.

 

Victoria let out a small laugh, “Someone is using a movie reference here! I'm sure you watched Taken before you got here! My my, Krys, I'd say you've grown out of Tangled.” she teased playfully, Krystal groaned, making fun of her favorite cartoon movie was not the idea she expected.

 

I didn't! My brothers did and they forced me to sit beside them so I happen to watch it too.” she defended, “And no matter what you girls say, Flynn Rider is still handsome.”

 

Sulli chuckled, “Get a life! We're going out with real men in campus, fixed!” Victoria glared at Sulli for her unthoughtful remark, she's not going her plan proceed as she wanted, men in campus is out of question, Victoria thought.

 

“Sorry, not interested, Ssul. I'm here to study, not to play around. For a while, Flynn Rider will still be my number one.” Unexpectedly, her answer was calm and clear, which made Sulli frown a little. For a girl at her caliber, many men had fallen for her, some had fallen so hard but came unrequited, some had encouraged themselves and confessed their feelings to her, but still, her heart was not open to someone, not yet.

 

For Sulli, she had tried her best to push her best friend to try and open her heart for somebody who's brave enough to convey their feelings, after all those pushes, Krystal remained unshaken until the end.

 

Trying to divert the conversation away from campus men, Victoria questioned, “ Now that we're all here, what are we going to do?”

 

Krystal and Sulli looked at each other with grins upon their faces, which Victoria knew it's an indirect innuendo to her, “We throw our things inside our hotel, and then we crash to Universal Studios! I've brought the tickets already, online.” Sulli proudly showed three tickets to enter the amusement park, making Victoria groan.

 

“Sulli, didn't you heard what Krystal said? We're here to study, not to play around! And you too, Krys, who said so, must be responsible for you own words!” the older woman scolded. Poutings on the younger girls' faces appeared as soon as Victoria has done with her sentence.

 

“Come on, Unnie! Just this once! I don't want the tickets I bought myself to go waste...you know wasting is not a good thing right? Right?” Sulli pleaded with aegyo, her dark eyes grown bigger and lips curved up, something Victoria Unnie couldn't resist.

 

“We have three more days left before our study starts! A little refreshment on day one wouldn't hurt, Unnie, please?” as strict as Krystal could be, she knew more about having fun rather than oldest blonde. Victoria, found herself couldn't resist to the younger girls, it was a true fact that the college wouldn't open until three days ahead, no matter how she think of it, a preparation wouldn't last for three days, she wanted a short break herself. She had busied herself with her own things and Krystal's and Sulli's before she got here.

 

She let out a small smile and a sigh, sign of giving up as Sulli and Krystal knew it, “Alright, Universal Studios it is. But tommorow no more playing! Tommorow I take the lead! Understood?” she demanded with hands on hips.

 

Krystal and Sulli grinned contentedly.

 

“Yes, Mommy Victoria.”

 


 

“Not this, not this, not this too, na-ah, definitely not, maybe later, not this one either—” Jin Woon continued to discard jobs on the newspaper one by one, at one glance, he already knew there were no ads that could satisfy the type of job he wanted. Jin Woon himself had no idea what kind of job he wanted, but whatever it is, it had to fill his criteria : not much of handwork, using no brain function, and easy money, something that's obviously hard to find.

 

He had talked big in front of his little sister before her departure, and he had to make sure when she comes back, he will be as big as he told her he would be. However, once again, him and his ego slowed down his search, he has too much to ask, but too little to give.

 

 

“Can please keep it down, Jin Oppa? I'm trying to perfect the polish on my nail, and you're not really helping with the noise you're making.” Jessica revolted, although her activity had no relation at all to Jin Woon's, she still didn't want to be disturbed. Absolutely, any excuse, including nonsense ones, were okay as long as it could help him stop.

 

“Nonsense.” exactly as what she had in mind, nonsense. “Your abstract painting has got nothing to do with this. If I were you, I would do something rather positive...such as, helping me out.” he requested indirectly.

 

Jessica groaned, now he's asking her to help him out? Not what she had in mind. Preferably, she would choose to wash over and polish again rather than move beside him and help him searching for a job.

 

“I refuse.”

 

“Once I get the job, you get 10% of my salary. How does that sound?” he negotiated.

 

“Twenty.”

 

“Fifteen, sky limit.”

 

“Deal.” she briskly moved to his side, facing flocks of newspaper on the table, apparently had no idea whas she has to found, but before she started, an idea appeared on her mind, to shorten the time.

 

“Why don't you work for Jungs instead? That would be an ideal job, and Daddy's gonna like it, that's for sure.” she suggested, not bothering to look at the papers on the first glance. Too much letters, she thought.

 

He didn't catch a glimpse at his little sister, “Then that would mean I don't work but get everything done for me.” he discarded more and more papers on the floor. Jessica couldn't disagree, their father had always taken control and he loves to do it, outside and inside the house.

 

She looked at the papers once again nonchalantly, she always know what's Jin Woon's favorite flavors are, quick and easy. The two fell into silence, busying themselves searching, Jessica didn't notice she's into this as well.

 

The last paper has been discarded, “No luck on you, 'lil sis?”

 

“No.”

 

The two massaged their temples, both are thinking how to get an easy money in their own respective ways, the newspapers that Jin Woon had selected were up to date, and it covered whole Seoul, however, Jessica was sharper to find the solution they've been searching for.

 

“Well, now that we're stuck here find job in Seoul and get zero result, why don't we expand our view wider?” she suggested another of her opinion.

 

Literally didn't catch what she meant, Jin Woon couldn't help but ask, “What exactly do you have in mind?

 

“I mean, if you don't get a job here, then I suggest you should go wider, by all means, go outside the country. Out from Seoul, out from Korea.” she explained.

 

He raised his eyebrows, “And how's that suppose to help?”

 

“Well, I know that you want large payment, as much as I do. So with the raise of currency at the moment, you could take an advantage by taking a foreign job, you know, you can choose to work hard or hardly working there.” she made her plan clear, Jin Woon thought her idea was a good spark, so she intended to listen more. “And?”

 

“The benefit is that you could avoid being put in the same job and same country as Ji Hoon Oppa, and live free the way you want, don't think about crisis yet, as long as our parents are here. You could spend a lot of time searching, just don't keep me waiting, though.”

 

“Plus, you can pay a visit on Krystal once you've get enough money. Don't you worry about her?” she added.

 

Considering her idea was too good to be true, but it was a fact, a true fact she was stating with confidence, there were no single lies, Jessica Jung had found a tremendous way out. A large sum of money, touch of foreign countries, away from his parents, chances to see his little sister as much as he wants. Perfect.

 

“Thanks, Jessica.”

 

Jessica smirked victoriously, another source of money to go shopping.

 

And oh, not to mention, another free room to mess with.

 


 

“I'm worried about my sister.” he sighed as he took his first taste of his coffee. It hasn't been hours since his little sister left, but she made him grumble upon her absence already.

 

Changmin, who was sitting in front of him, wasn't that interested to hear his complain and continued to read the free magazine that's provided by the cafe. It's been umpteenth time since their childhood friendship, Yunho complained about the very same thing all the time, and he couldn't care less about his frivolous remarks.

 

“Hey, are you even listening?” he inquired unhappily.

 

“Yes, I am.” contradictive to his words, he flipped through another page of his magazine.

 

Yunho annoyedly took the book from Changmin's hands, a bored face was plastered on Changmin's face, he's really that bored to sit and listen to his friend's complaints, that's not what he's here for.

 

“Hey, what gives?” Changmin faked his tone, raising his right eyebrow.

 

Yunho's nostrils flared, he realized Changmin wasn't listening, but at least he didn't have to put that face in front of him, Yunho thought.

 

“I'm worried about my sibling, and “what gives?” is the only thing you could ask? Give me a break Min, I need your help here.”

 

He huffed as he wanted to reply to his dismay, halfheartedly. “Stop being a worrywart, Yun. Soo Jung is growing, and so should you.” he remarked as he called Krystal by her Korean name.

 

“This isn't about it! My sister is—”

 

“What? Alone?” he interrupted, before Yunho started exagerrating, “She isn't, Yun. Qian is with her, and so does Sulli. You know the duo very well, Sulli's a bit childish and spoiled since she's from the Chois, but you know you can trust Qian right? She wouldn't let anything happen to her, she's matured.” he referred to Victoria.

 

“I know..but still, this qualm of letting her go, it's just...haunting me.” he sighed.

 

“Do you realize you sound like a boy who lost their pet?” he facetiously questioned his best friend, Yunho himself had to admit he's being too worried, but Changmin didn't respond the way he wanted.

 

“She'll be fine, I know she will. She's smarter than you are, anyway. Now hand me back my magazine” He assured full of certainty, he forcefully took the magazine back from Yunho's hand in a swift. Negative thinking has never been Changmin's forte.

 

Yunho glared at Changmin, followed with an underestimating chuckle. “You don't have a sister, why do I even bother expect you to understand, anyway.”

 

Changmin averted his attention to the Yunho once again, his brows wrinkled, “I'm sorry, is someone being cynical here?”

 

“Nah, just saying, you wouldn't understand my feelings. You don't have a sister, that explains.” he took another sip of his coffee, trying to divert away from Changmin's awful look to him.

 

“So? I have Hyunseong, and one irritating little sibling is bad enough for me. The point is, you're being a paranoid, and you can't blame me for not understanding you.” he retaliated, pissed with Yunho's remark.

 

He put the unfinished magazine on the table, “Yun, you have to know that I am not here to hear out all your whines over your sister. I'm here to help you with the real matter, to lighten up your mind, refreshing, and you know, girls can refresh our minds, if you get what you're saying.”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes and groaned, he knew exactly what Changmin was referring.

 

“Please, Min. I'm through with blind dates, they're old-fashioned, uncivilized.”

 

“Come on, man. I'm trying to set you up with a girl and that's how you react? You're going to thank me later, big times.” Changmin coaxed.

 

“That's what you always say when you set me up with past blind dates we had, blind dates never bring a satisfying result, I never let Krystal went to one because the experience I've had.” he explained in a matter-of-factly style.

 

“Not on your watch.” Changmin replied shortly.

 

“What, you think she will go to blind dates in Singapore? She's not even that interested in males of her age.”

 

“You never know, Yun. She's a grown up, and grown ups are unpredictables.”

 

“You sound like you know Krystal that well, whatever, I'm through with blind dates, they never work.”

 

“It worked for me and Yoona. Look how she ended up smoothly as my girlfriend, if it weren't for my clever set up, what else could it be?” he proudly praised himself.

 

“Okay, that's it. The payment is on me, but you're going to stop with this stupid idea once and for all. ” he finished his coffee, he wanted to walk out from this cafe, away from Changmin, before he set him up with some lousy meet up with girls he doesn't want to deal with.

 

“Oh no you don't, I'm going to pay, and you're going. Your name is already on the list.”

 

“What if I don't go at all?” he challenged

 

“Then you have to deal with Minho and Jaejoong for being a party pooper.”

 

He's going to have at least three more cups of coffee. Yunho determined to make Changmin regret to have agreed paying for this.

 


 

Ssul's Diary,

 

Entry 1#

 

WOW! That was so much fun I had with the girls back in Universal!

 

I wanted to go there again already...it was too much fun.

 

Unnie's scream is ultra loud, never again I will ride Roller Coaster beside her. Krystal is a much safer choice to sit with. My ears are still ringing now!

 

Oh, today is Victoria Unnie's first turn to cook, and uh...being a health freak she is, the dinner is NOT so appetizing. She even brought a whole pack of disgusting vegetables .

 

This is her, and her tasteless food.

 

 

Ew.

 

Just look at those greens and reds.

 

I will cook for myself too, I'm sure Stal will have the same opinion.

 

Much safer choice.

 

That's it for tonight! Three more days to college! I'm going to work really hard this time! Gosh, I'm excited!  <3 Ssul's Diary will keep me company!

 

Sulliver,

5-7-2012

 

Author's Note : 

I hope everyone enjoyed the fresh starts of Jung Family's life! :D more characters to come!