SEEING HER AGAIN

On Music And Love [COMPLETED]
Things had been bothering Daiki these past few days. It was two days before his audition. He didn’t know Haha could be that bothersome.

He sighed deeply. If he could just run away from this consequence, he would but he knew that it won’t do any good. Gone were the days that he had to run. It was so long that he had already forgotten.

He stared at the canned goods in front of him. He took one corned beef, examined it and shoved it in the basket.

He wondered what he would be cooking that day. Maybe, they should just eat vegetable ramen for that day. He pouted. They were having money problems these past few days so he needed to be careful on spending their grocery allowance. He was just thankful that Keito wasn’t complaining about the food he usually prepares.

He looked around and found some ramen. He took a few packs then went to the vegetable corner. He took some carrots and potatoes. Even veggies were quite expensive. He sighed.

He thought of buying more canned food for the rest of the week but he thought otherwise. It wouldn’t be good for their health.

Haha was the only one working so she couldn’t get sick.

Daiki saw some eggs. He took one tray. He’d make an egg bento for their mother.

He was about to pay in the counter when three bulks stopped in front of him.

“Look who we have here. Okamoto Daiki, how are you pal?” a burly guy addressed him.

Daiki rolled his eyes. “What do you want?” he asked sarcastically.

“Nothing much.” the guy answered. “It’s just that we saw you shopping.” The guy smirked sarcastically.

“So?”

“So, we were thinking if we could visit your house and eat there, missy.”

Daiki’s eyes turned into slits. His fist clenched.

“Can we? Can we?” the guy and the other smiled at him while trying hard to be cute.

“Shut up and leave me alone.” Daiki said quietly.

“Oh, the little missy is feisty.” The other guy who was tall and thin commented.

Daiki blew up some air. He needed to calm down. He couldn’t afford to fight the guys. It won’t do him any good.

“Hey, Dai-chan, so, are you going to invite us?” the burly guy asked again while the other two smirked.

Daiki almost squeezed the carrots in his hand because of anger.

“Sumimasen,” they heard a girl said.

The guys and Daiki looked at her. She was smiling at them.

“He said that you leave him alone, so please go.” She said still smiling.

Daiki stared at the girl, she seemed to be somewhat familiar.

“Oh ohayo, miss. You are cute.” The burly guy said.

The girl became serious, “So?” she asked.

The burly guy approached him. “May I know your name?” he asked.

“My name doesn’t concern you.”

The guy smirked. “Another feisty one. Would you go out with me?” he asked.

Daiki cursed in disgust. The other boys were smiling wildly. The girl looked passive then she smiled.

“Ahhhh!” she shouted on the top of her lungs. “Theives!” she shouted.

The people around heard the commotion and eagerly came to the rescue.

The three guys looked around as the people were gathering.

The girl was still shouting wildly.

Daiki was rooted on the spot not knowing what to do.

The guys looked at each other and ran away quick as lightning.

“Where are the thieves?” one security guard came and asked.

The girl pointed at the running guys.

The guard and two other went after the scramming middle schoolers.

“What are they trying to steal?” a man who was wearing a suit came to them and asked. He seemed to be the manager of the store.

“His groceries,” the girl answered pointing at the grocery basket that he was holding.

“Is that true?” the manager asked.

Daiki blinked twice and nodded weakly.

“Ah. Sumimasen,” the manager apologized. “The security became lax. This won’t happen again.” He promised.

“Hai.” Daiki answered bowing.

“Due to the inconvenience, we would give you that for free.” The manager said.

Daiki’s eyes grew wide. “Ah, anou… arigatou… demo… iie… I’ll pay.” He stammered.

“Iie,” the manager shook his head. “It was our duty to protect our costumers and we didn’t do our duty well.”

“Ah…” Daiki was speechless. He looked at the girl. She was smiling at him.

“Anou… arigatou.” Daiki bowed to the girl.

“Douita.” She replied.

They were looking at some of the porcelain vase in a mall bazaar.

“Who are those guys?” she asked.

“Schoolmates. Naturally born bullies.”

“Ah. They are calling you missy. Are you like a gay or something?” she asked.

Daiki giggled. “What do you think?” he asked.

“You are girly.” She commented.

Daiki snapped at her. His eyes grew wide.

She shook her head to him. “You’re not?” she asked.

Daiki laughed a little and shook his head. “Definitely not.”

The girl pouted. “Ah, sou ka.” She smiled. “By the way, what is your name?” she asked.

“Boku wa Daiki desu.” He answered.

The girl stared at him then backed away.

Daiki’s eyebrow arched.

The girl blinked then moved quick thus sending one of the vase crashing the floor. They looked at each other.

The girl backed away and ran.

“Hey,” Daiki called her.

“Oy!” the vendor called Daiki. “What did you do?” the vendor asked angrily.

“I didn’t do that.” He reasoned.

“Nobody is here, only you.”

“But, a girl…”

“No buts, pay for that.” The vendor commanded.

“I didn’t do that. Did you see me doing that?”

The vendor’s eyebrow twitched. He extended his hand waiting for Daiki’s payment.

Daiki sighed in frustration and pulled out his wallet.

Daiki gritted his teeth. “What a day?!” he exclaimed.

He paid for the broken vase with his own allowance and the grocery money. His problem now was that he didn’t know how to stretch the only money that he had. He scratched his head. He didn’t want to bother Mira, she had done enough for the three of them.

Maybe, he could ask Keito’s help. His brother is very thrift so he might have some money left.

He was walking near the ice cream parlor when the girl went out.

Daiki snapped.

The girl saw him. Her eyes grew wide. She backed away and ran.

Daiki tried to follow her but she was fast. He stopped desperately. “Ahhhh! Damn!” he cursed.