MESSED BANQUET

On Music And Love [COMPLETED]
The members of Star United were talking eagerly at each other.

“Debuting was so nauseous,” Ryosuke commented.

“You have debuted before and yet you still felt nauseous?” Hikaru asked. The two already had a better relationship than before.

“This one is different since I am in a group.” Ryosuke commented.

“Did you see how the girls cheered after we entered the stage?” Yuri asked. “It was awesome.”

“Shut up, don’t let Kyoumi hear.” Ryutaro commented.

“Let her hear.” Yuri said and shouted. “The girls were drooling at my gorgeous body, you know.”

The rest laughed.

“Why should it be body and not voice?” Yuto asked.

“Shhh!” Yuri hushed them and then winked.

The group laughed.

“What?!” Yuri exclaimed.

“Betsuni.” Daiki answered.

The smallest in the group pouted.

“Yah, kawaii.” Yuya commented and hugged Yuri. “I know now why Ryosuke-kun was really engrossed on you.”

“Shut up.” Yuri said.

“Later, let us have a drink together.” Yuya said. “With the girls.” He added.

The others smiled.

“Oh, shut up!” Yuto exclaimed at him.

“Don’t be bitter, she’ll come to you.” Keito said putting his arms on his friends shoulder.

Yuto hissed.

“Where on the same boat here.” Daiki announced.

“I also don’t have a date.” Kota declared.

“Says who?” Yuya said as he pointed his head towards Jmee and her group.

Kota blushed and squeezed at the bear in his phone.

“You are too obvious, man.” Ryosuke commented.

“And you’re not?” Kota asked in irritation.

“She’s already my girl.” He answered which gained sullen looks from his group mates.

“I’m also alone,” Kei said pouting.

“Oh, come on, just make up with her. Make-up do wonders, you know.” Ryosuke commented as the others looked at him as if he was something gross.

“I agree with him,” Yuya commented.

“You’re 21 and he is 18, there was a huge difference.” Yuto declared.

“What? He is allowed to have and I’m not?” Ryosuke asked in a rather loud voice which gained some curious eyes.

“Shhh.” They hissed. “Just shut up will you.”

Ryosuke looked at them and pouted.

They were having fun when Daiki caught a glimpsed of a girl. His forehead twitched. “The vase girl!” he exclaimed.

“The what?” the others asked.

Daiki didn’t answer but stood up to follow the girl.

“I think he found his target.” Kota said.

The rest chuckled.

Daiki stopped abruptly as he heard an intense fight. It was the vase girl and a man. They were alone in the garden.

Daiki hid in the bushes.

“If you can’t trust me, then let’s us break up.” The vase girl said.

“And why would I do that?” the guy asked exasperated.

“Because I can’t take it anymore. I felt like I was being choked in the neck.” The girl said.

“I’ll really choke you up if I found you talking to another man again.”

“!” the girl cursed. “This is bull!”

“And when did you learn to curse?” the guy asked in anger.

The girl chuckled. “See, you really don’t know me yet.” She said. “I’ve been like this for forever.”

The guy shook his head. “Jhenie, just calm down and let us talk this out.” He said.

Daiki stared as he called her name. “Jhenie…” he murmured.

“Are we not talking?” she asked.

“You are shouting.” The guy said calmly.

“And what is the difference?” she asked.

“Jhenie, please.” The guy pleaded.

“No more please. I’ve had enough!”

She was about to walk away when he grabbed her wrist. “Jhenie, will you calm down?”

“Let go of me!” she exclaimed.

The guy hit her face. Daiki’s eyes opened wide so was the girls. She panicked and pushed on the guy but he wouldn’t let her go.

“Let me go!” she shrieked.

“Not until you settle down.”

Daiki couldn’t take it anymore. He rushed to the guy and held his wrist until he let go of the girl.

“Who are you?” the guy asked.

“No one.” Daiki answered.

“Mind your own business.” He said.

“But you are hurting her.”

“So?” the guy asked.

Daiki weren’t able to answer back as the girl slapped the boy hard on the face. “We are over and done. Period!” she exclaimed. “And I don’t want to see you ever again.” She said angrily.

The guy stared at her and walked away in anger.

The girl held on Daiki’s arms for support as she trembled. Daiki walked her towards the bench and let her sit.

“Arigatou.” She thank him.

“Douita.” He answered. “What is with you and that guy?” he asked.

“I don’t like him anymore.” She chuckled. “Never did. My parents just like him for me but then he knew that I don’t love him so he was overly jealous. I felt like a slave following whatever he says.”

Daiki nodded.

“Why did you help me, by the way?” she asked staring at him.

“You’re name sounds familiar.” He answered.

Jhenie nodded. “Sou ka.” She said. She then saw his pendant. It was a glistening silver angel with blue rhine stone. She touched it to Daiki’s surprise. “So pretty.” She said as she smiled at the angel. Her dimples were showing and her face glowed brightly for the first time that night.

Daiki smiled at her. “That was a gift from a long time ago.” He explained.

She nodded.

“By the way, why are you here?” he asked.

“My father is a great friend of the president.” She answered.

They were in this conversation when Cath and Karina approached them. “Dai-chan, please follow us.” Cath said.

“Nande?” he asked.

Cath shrugged. He saw that Keito was following them and glowering at him. His brother was smiling mischievously.

Daiki gave him a sullen look.

“By the way,” Jhenie said which made Daiki turned to her. “I will pay for the vase.”

Daiki remembered the vase which was what made him follow her. “Ah, iie, no need.” He said.

“No, it was my fault that the vase broke anyway.” She said.

Daiki just smiled and stood to follow Cath and the rest.

They stopped in front of the office of the president. They walked in. Mihra, Sungmin, and the president were already there and two others.

Daiki sniffed a stench of cigarettes and stared at the man and the lady. They seemed familiar to him.

The man smirked while the woman stared at him in anger.

Daiki’s eyes opened wide as realization hit him. He couldn’t have been mistaken. They were his past.

The lady smiled as she knew that he recognized them. She was about to touch him when Mihra shoved her hand and hugged Daiki away.

“Don’t you dare touch my son!” she exclaimed angrily.

The woman laughed sinisterly. “I see you found a very caring adopted mother.” She commented.

Daiki looked down and clenched his fist.

Keito realized the situation and put a protective hand on his older brother. “What do you want?!” he asked calmly though he wanted to punch the woman in the face.

The woman smiled. She lighted a cigarette. She blew on them.

Daiki’s breath quickened as he smelled the familiar smoke. He gritted his teeth. Mihra was still hugging him and caressing his back. He felt her protective arms which calmed him a little.

“Game over!” the woman exclaimed. “The fun is done. I am taking away my son, now.” She said.

The man was just looking at the scene. He seemed to be enjoying himself.

Daiki stared at them through half-opened eyelid. How dare them take him away? His heartbeat quickened. He felt fear enveloped him. What will happen to him now? Now that he already had the taste of good life.

That was when Mihra hugged him more. Sungmin stepped forward blocking Daiki’s view of his biological parents.

“How much do you need to shut up?” he asked the two.

Eyes focused on him.

Daiki’s heart seemed to calm down as a spark of hope lit up.

The woman laughed. The man shoved her away. “Our son doesn’t have a price.” He hissed at Sungmin.

“I’m not pricing Daiki. I am pricing your silence.” Sungmin said calmly.

The two men glared at each other.

“1 million,” Sungmin offered.

The woman stepped up. “1 million?” she laughed.

“5 million, last price or else we will bring this to the court.” Sungmin declared.

Others watched as the couple flinched. They glared at the people around them and walked out banging the door behind them.

Keito sighed in relief so did Cath and Karina.

“They would be back.” the president said. “They wouldn’t be able to resist the 5 million.”

“Let them come.” Sungmin said.

At that, Daiki’s tears finally fell down. He felt Mihra trembled beside him. She hugged him tightly letting his head rest on her shoulder. She was crying. “I thought they would take you away from us.”

“I won’t let them, I will put my whole fortune at stake rather than letting Daiki be taken away.” Sungmin declared.

“Thank you.” Mihra said as Keito hugged his father who hugged him back.

“I won’t let anything happen to this family.” Sungmin said smiling at his family.

Daiki smiled despite his tears. Hunger brought him to this family and he was thankful of that.

Little Daiki found himself sitting in the far corner of the train station. He was clutching at the angel in his neck.

The girl who gave him the necklace told him that the angel will guide him and will grant his wish if he just pray wholeheartedly to it. So he prayed for a piece of bread which immediately appeared in front of him.

A lady was holding it to him letting him have it. He took it and bowed at her. She smiled at him. She looked very nice.

“What is your name?” she asked.

“Arioka Daiki.” He answered.

“Ah. Where are your parents?” she asked.

Daiki shivered at the mention of his parents. He let go of the bread and hugged himself.

“Shh.” The lady hushed him.

“Did you ran away?” she asked.

Daiki nodded.

She smiled at him. “Come with me.” She said and took his trembling hand.

Daiki smiled at the memory. It may have been the luckiest day of his life.