PROLOGUE AND FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC

On Music And Love [COMPLETED]
Prologue

He was running fast. He had never run that fast in his entire nine years of existence in the world. He had never been afraid like that before. He was once a good boy always obeying his parents but living in the world of the adults, he learned that life was never fair to him.

He wanted to be gone. He wanted to go out of his guarding shell. He wanted to live as any child his age should live.

He chose his own way. He knew that it wasn’t easy but chose it anyway. It was his first time to take a stand. It didn’t feel good but he knew that someday, he would be able to live freely.

He glanced at his back. No one was there. Of course, he took flight in the middle of the night in an empty street in an unfriendly neighborhood.

That neighborhood was silent at night, ironic to the fact that, it was one of the noisiest communities in the morning.

He looked behind again. He was sure enough that his parents already felt that he was gone. They might have already been looking for him. He wouldn’t be caught. He had to be sure of that. The problem was, his parents had a huge communal system in that area so he had to go. He had to travel fast.

He patted his pocket. He smiled at the thought that he could board the train using the money he stole from his father’s wallet. Be damned his parents. He would be a free boy.

He swerved on one of the streets and took a short cut to the train station. He ran as fast as he could without stopping and breathing. He didn’t need those necessities right now.

All he knew was, he needed to go away.

He gazed at the train station. He was almost teary eyed. He transport to freedom was already in his grasp.

He studied the route map and took note of the farthest possible destination it can lead him. He checked his money.
He would be left with an almost empty pocket if he took it.
He thought for a while and paid for the fare. He had to go there. Whatever will happen will definitely happen. He would not think of his stomach. He was used to hunger. He could go on for a day without food. The important thing was to get away.

He boarded the train.

He was seated next to the window. The train was almost empty since it was in the middle of the night.

He looked outside. It was almost black. Not a single soul stirred in the night. His parents were in one of those houses. If they ever found out that he was gone, they wouldn’t know where he was going.

His first ever train ride would bring him away from the place where he was born. He sighed. He grew to love the place if not for the abuse that it embarked in his memory.

He smiled. He would never go back to that place.

He felt his seat bounced. He looked beside him.

A dazzling smile greeted him. A girl of seven was smiling at him. White baby teeth with one tooth missing in front suggested friendliness. The girl was cute. She had long black hair which was tucked in a headband adorned by a pink bow. Her complexion was fair and her cheeks were reddish. It was such a nice sight.

“Watashiwa, Jhenie desu. Omae ga?” the girl asked.

He smiled awkwardly due to shock.

It was the first time a girl talked to him. Usually, they go away because they were afraid of him. He might have been oozing with an unfriendly aura that they felt that way. This Jhenie was the first one who was not afraid of him.

“Watashiwa Daiki desu.” He answered.

“Daiki? Anata namae kawaii desu.” She said giggling.

CHAPTER ONE
FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC

Keito was currently packing his things when a knock was heard in the door.

“Come in,” he called.

A bishonen who was smaller than him though a year older than him came in. He had a short stature though he was very charming. He smiled at Keito while looking from the things spread on the floor to Keito.

He saw a white guitar sprawled on the floor.

“So, I will be covering up for you again?” he asked.

“Dai-chan, I really need it this time. This is already the third part of the audition. I can’t miss it. One more step and I will be a trainee.”

Daiki sighed. “Keito, how many times have I already covered up for you? I used up all the reasons that I could think of.” He complained.

“Use anything… please…” Keito pleaded while pouting his lips.

Daiki shook his head. “If ever your admirers will see you pouting like that, they would surely die of nosebleed and praise the soil you walk in but I’m not any of them. It won’t work on me.”

“Nii-chan, please…”

Daiki laughed at Keito. “When did you learn to call me nii-chan?” he commented.

Keito gave him a sullen look.

Daiki laughed. “Oh, ok. I’ll just tell Mira-okaasan that you went to your classmate to do a project but be sure to come home early.”

Keito brightened up. “Arigatou, Dai-chan.”

Daiki’s eyebrows went up. “Where did the nii-chan go?” he asked sarcastically.

“Oh, come on. You know that I don’t really call you that way.” Keito said smiling which made Daiki laugh.

Keito stood up. He straightened his back pack and clothes.
He patted Daiki on the shoulder. “Arigatou.”

Daiki nodded. “Gambatte ne.”

Keito nodded and smiled. “Gambaresugo.” He said and walked out of the door.

Daiki stared at Keito’s retreating back. “I hope you do it this time.” He commented.

Keito looked at him, nodded and smiled.

Keito smiled at his reflection on the mirror of the men’s comfort room. He sighed deeply and rubbed his palms together to create heat.

It was a pretty damped day but he felt really cold. He had been to a number of auditions before. He already knew what was coming but he was still nervous.

He patted his chest. This was already the third part of his audition, when he got through this, he would finally be accepted into the jimusho as a trainee.

He knew that his mother wouldn’t accept that since she was very much against music. He couldn’t really understand why she hated it so much.

He closed his eyes. He had to get over the audition before he would think about his mother.

Keito thought of Daiki. He knew that he would definitely support him. Daiki was his savior every time he gets into trouble with his mother. He sighed. He was used to having
Daiki as his wall every time. He needed to do something for his brother.

He looked at his watch. It was already time for the final audition. He sighed and composed himself.

As Keito was walking towards the audition room, he stopped at his tracks. His eyes widened in shock.

He had been coming to the jimusho many times before but it was really his first time to see real artists. Yamada Ryosuke and Chinen Yuri were in front of him.

They didn’t notice him and just continued to walk while he stared at their retreating form. He was really star struck.
They were really dazzling in every way though they were preoccupied by themselves.

Keito smiled at himself. He held his guitar tightly. He would be like them… soon. He was more than ready to go to that audition.

Keito sat in one of the chairs in the waiting room. He had just finished his audition but the suspense was killing him.

He looked beside him. A tall boy in his age was seated beside him. The boy was moving his legs nervously. He was quite handsome despite of a thin stature.

The boy looked at Keito probably feeling his stare. The boy smiled. “Ohayou.” The boy greeted.

“Ohayou.” Keito greeted back. “You also joined the audition?” he asked.

“Hai. Watashiwa Nakajima Yuto desu. Yorushiko.”

“Ah. Watashiwa Okamoto Keito.” He said bowing to the boy.

“I’m really nervous.” Yuto commented.

“Same here.”

“Is this your first audition?” Yuto asked.

“Not really. I’ve been to many auditions before.”
Yuto laughed. “Me too.”

Keito laughed with him.

It was then, one of the staff of the audition came in. “I already have the names of those who passed. But before that,
I will call first some names. They will come back for a special audition.”

Yuto and Keito looked at each other. They never heard about a special audition.

The lady called the names one by one before… “Nakajima Yuto.”

Keito looked at Yuto in inquiry.

“Kindly see me later.” The lady said. “Now, here is the list of those who will be part of the trainees.”

Keito didn’t listen to the names she was calling. He concentrated on his own name. He even gasped when he heard it.

“Omedetou.” He heard Yuto say beside him. Keito felt the shock. He was really in. It was not a dream anymore. It was true.

He was feeling teary-eyed when he looked at Yuto. Yuto smiled at him. “Arigatou.”

Keito was feeling light-headed while he walks. He was already a trainee. It was a dream come true.

He was in this thought when he felt a soft body bumped into him. The impact made him hold on the body to stop them from falling while balancing himself in his feet.

A pair of eyes stared at him as he stared back at it.
Keito blinked twice. His face was very near the girl’s. Her eyes were as black as coal yet her skin was very fair. Her hair was as black as her eyes and very long. It was very silky. She was really pretty.

Both of them let go of each other as if they felt like burning.

The girl bowed at him. “I’m sorry. I am very clumsy.” She said in English. The girl seemed to be a foreigner.

Keito bowed back at her. “That’s fine.” He said also in English.

The girl smiled at him showing a set of pearly white teeth.
The girl bowed again and walked away towards the jimusho.

Keito smiled at himself. Saturday must really be his lucky day.

Keito opened the door of their house. He was just pulling off his shoe when a bulk blocked the light. He looked up to see his mother in front of him.

She was not smiling and there was an angry aura in her face.
She was pretty even though she was already in her forties.
Beside her stood Daiki. He looked so sorry while he stared at Keito.

“How was your audition?” his mother asked.

Keito knew what was coming. He looked at Daiki who shook his head to him.

“Don’t look at Daiki. He wouldn’t be able to save your today.” She said calmly though Keito knew otherwise. His mother was really pissed off.

“How many times have you two connived against me?” she asked without any emotion. “You already know that I don’t want you to go to any of those auditions but you didn’t listen to me.”

Keito stood up straight and bowed himself. “Gomenasai.” He said.

“Stop this stupidity and just concentrate on your studies.” His mother ordered.

“But, okaasan. I’m already a trainee in Hikari. I can’t stop now.” He complained.

Daiki looked at him. He was feeling sorry for Keito. He knew that Keito really wanted it.

Their mother stared angrily at Keito. “Don’t you understand anything that I told you?” she asked angrily.

“Okaasan, please…” Keito pleaded. He fell on his knees. He really wanted this. He just couldn’t stop. His dream was almost in his grasp. Nothing could take it away from him anymore.

He felt like his tears were about to explode.
“Okaasan…” Keito heard Daiki address their mother.

Okamoto Mihra looked at Daiki angrily.

Daiki bowed his head. “Please, let him… he practiced a lot for this.” He said silently.

“Is that why you covered for him?” she asked angrily.
Their mother never ever got angry on Daiki.

Keito looked at Daiki. He knew that Daiki was also shocked.
Their mother always favored him and never got angry on him.
It was his fault that Daiki was feeling so down.

“Okaasan, don’t get angry with nii-chan. It’s my fault.”

Their mother looked at Keito to shut him up.

“Gomenasai…” Keito heard Daiki said.

Their mother faced them. “I’ll only agree to this if Daiki will also be a Hikari’s trainee so he could check on you.”

The two of them looked up at their mother.

Daiki’s eyes were full of shock and also fear.

Keito looked at the older boy then at his mother. He knew that Daiki was definitely a music hater. He hadn’t even heard him sing even once. He was thinking that Daiki may even be a tone deaf. He didn’t want his brother to undergo
this kind of sacrifice.

Keito heard their mother smirked. “I knew it…” she said.
“Stop covering for Keito, Daiki. That is the reason why he was growing up to be a rebel.”

Keito sighed. His last chance was gone.

“I’ll do it.” Keito looked up. Daiki had his head down. His bangs covered his eyes thus Keito couldn’t see what Daiki was thinking. “When is the next audition?” Daiki asked.

“Next week.” Keito answered.

Daiki nodded without looking at them and walked away.

Mihra looked at Keito angrily. He avoided her eyes. She walked away towards her room.