Forgotten...

What Dreams May Come

“ugh!” Seunghyun grunted as he fell on his back. He found it very weird that he landed on solid concrete consider they fell on muddy water and he was completely dry too. He opened his eyes and found that he was transported, yet again, in another place. He tried his best to stand up but every time he moves, his body would ache and his bones would feel like it was made of jelly.

“Hey Chap! Why are lying around? Get up! We’re here!”  The tracker said, all too enthusiastically, while reaching out his hand to help Seunghyun.

When Seunghyun finally got up, what he saw appalled him to no end.

“My house…” He whispered in disbelief.

“This is his hell… reliving the loss of his family every day.” The man by his side shook his head.

Seunghyun was at loss for words. His heart aches every time he thinks of what his lover might’ve gone through while he was enjoying himself in his realm.

“Now, Seunghyun—“ The man turned to him. “—Remember what I said? He will now remember you. No matter what you do, he will not remember you. Say your goodbyes before you’re trapped there with him.” The man warned Seunghyun.

“When will I become trapped there?” Seunghyun asked curiously.

“When his reality becomes yours. Now go, there’s not much time left.” The man pushed Seunghyun to the door of the house that was once his home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

                The door creaked when Seunghyun opened it. It seems like it hasn’t been opened for a very long time. When he entered the house, he was once again shocked by what greeted him. The once warm and loving atmosphere of his home vanished. It was barren and eerie like those haunted houses he often sees in movies. The walls have black charcoal marks and green slime everywhere, the furniture was scattered like it was hit by a hurricane, the floor was flooded with dark, murky water and the paintings… oh! The paintings that they cherished were now washed up.

                Seunghyun saw something huddled up in the corner of the living room. He cautiously approached the thing. The nearer he was, the more he realized what it was or who it was. He can’t stop his tears from running down his cheeks.

                ‘Jiyong…’ Seeing his husband in such terrible condition shattered what was left of his heart. Jiyong’s once rosy and radiant skin is now pale and grey, his sparkling brown eyes are now dead and the smile that was always present on his lips was nowhere to be seen. He gently tapped the man’s shoulder to make his presence known.

                “Ah!” Jiyong shouted. He was looking wide-eyed at Seunghyun. The fear on his face brought more tears to Seunghyun’s face. ‘He doesn’t recognize me.’

                But Seunghyun knew he has to be strong so he wiped his tears and reached out a hand to Jiyong.

                “Hi! I’m your new neighbor! I’m just moved in the Jung’s house.” Seunghyun smiled sweetly at Jiyong. Jiyong took his hand and shook it.

                “I didn’t know they found a buyer.” Jiyong said in disbelief. Seunghyun can feel that Jiyong was scared because his hand is trembling.

                “Is everything alright?” He asked, concerned. Jiyong started panicking.

                “There’s something wrong with the water here, the electricity is also gone and some of my paintings, the ones that I haven’t finished yet… they’re all gone.” Jiyong was now walking back and forth.

                “Hey, hey!  Calm down. Everything’s gonna be alright. Why are you alone here?” Seunghyun asked even though he knows the answer.

                “My… children and my husband… they’re gone.” Jiyong sat down. Seunghyun can see how broken he was. He can hear Jiyong’s sobs and it’s echoing in his head.

                “What happened?” Seunghyun sat beside him and rubbed his back to comfort him. He felt Jiyong tensed but relaxed after a while.

                “They died at an accident.” Seunghyun can tell that Jiyong was fighting his pain but is slowly losing.

                There was a silence that hung between them. It wasn’t comfortable, at least for Jiyong’s side.

                “AHHHHHHH!!!!” Jiyong suddenly screamed and stood up. Seunghyun saw the spider crawling beside him. He grabbed the nearest object within his reach and squished the spider.

                “Relax, relax! See? It’s gone now.” Seunghyun tried very hard to calm Jiyong down but it was hopeless. His whole body is shaking and his eyes are unfocused. When Jiyong sat down, Seunghyun immediately racked his brain for something to talk about. He knows he has to get Jiyong to remember him. That’s the only way he can save him.

                “You say your paintings are missing.”

                “Yes. Some of my most precious and also the ones that… remind me…” Jiyong’s voice was shaky due to the previous event. Seunghyun waited for him to continue.

                “Those… that remind me of my children and husband that’s why I never leave.” Jiyong looked at the painting in front of him. It was a painting of a man standing under a purple tree.

                “Because they might return? I hope that’s true with all my heart.”

                “That’s not true you know? When you’re dead, you disappear.”  Jiyong can’t hold back his tears anymore so he just let them flow freely. Seunghyun decided that it was time for Jiyong to remember him. He has to make him remember now or they’ll never get out.

                “You know, my husband committed suicide. He thinks he killed our children… he thinks he killed… ‘me’. But that’s not true, it was an accident. He was never at fault but he couldn’t forgive himself. He thinks that it would be better if he would’ve died in their place… he was the loveliest person I’ve ever met. He has a very bright smile. So bright that sometimes his eyes would disappear.” Seunghyun laughed at the memory. “Then, he has the ability to make everyone love him. Because he’s just like that… loveable and kind. He’s always been my strength. He’s the one who taught me to never give up. He’s my light. Without him, I would’ve been lost, not knowing what to do… but in the end, all of that was gone with just a snap. Don’t you think that’s sad?” Seunghyun said.      

                “Don’t you have to leave?” Jiyong said indifferently. Seunghyun felt that Jiyong was trying to avoid talking about this but he’s not gonna give up.

                “In a minute. I’m gonna stick around in case there’s any problem but if you want me to go…” Seunghyun tried his best to smile.

                “I do.” Those two words almost killed Seunghyun but he kept repeating in his mind that this is only temporary and the old Jiyong would come back to him… eventually.

                “You know” Seunghyun continued. “The last I saw my husband, it was our D-day. Nobody else knew about it. It was D for divorce. It was a very special day.”

*Flashback*

“Baby…”

“I know Seungie…I’m willing to set you free.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t say that please… You don’t need to be sorry…I’m happy because I met you…for once in my life, I was happy. Please don’t say sorry because that would mean you regret everything we had together. I’m willing to set you free rather have you by my side only to see you in tears.”

*End of Flashback*

                “I thought it’s a one way ticket for me… for my sanity but the moment I saw his face, I knew… I can’t live without him. We told each other that we’ll never give up since then. No matter how many problems we face, no matter how hard it was, we’ll never give up.” Seunghyun looked at Jiyong for any sign but saw nothing.

                “So you reconciled. That's very romantic. But he still killed herself. In the end he gave up.” Jiyong said, his face is full of remorse.

                “There's nothing wrong with that.” Seunghyun tried to reason.

                “His husband didn't think so.” Jiyong smiled bitterly.

                “He was a coward! Being strong, not giving up, it was just his place to hide. He pushed away the pain so hard he disconnected himself from the person he loved most.” He sighed. He felt as if all of his strength is starting to fade. “Sometimes when you win, you lose.” Seunghyun looked Jiyong directly in his eyes, hoping to God he remembers but Jiyong looked away. He sighed for the umpteenth time.

                “When he last saw his children—“ Jiyong cut him off.

                “I thought you said your children were dead?”

                “You could see the dead. In your dreams, if you want too.” Seunghyun said, trying to make Jiyong believe him.

                “I wanna see Seungie.” He smiled at the mention of his name.

                “I’ll help you. Just close your eyes. Don’t be afraid.” Jiyong closed his eyes. Seunghyun continued. “Remember when you two were married?”

*Flashback*

Everything was perfect. It’s just a plain ceremony. The visitors were only composed of family and close friends but nevertheless it was perfect for the both of them. The church is decorated with white flowers which fit perfectly with the historical feel that the church gives off.  Red and white roses was scattered on the aisle.

Jiyong was walking down the aisle. He was wearing a white tuxedo and he face was glowing. He was the most beautiful bride groom that Seunghyun has ever seen.

When Jiyong reached the aisle, the priest recited the usual sermons. Then it’s time for their wedding vows.

Seunghyun’s vow:

I, Choi Seunghyun, promise to treasure and love you, Kwon Jiyong, for the rest of my life. Even if the whole world becomes your enemy, I’ll protect you so you just stay there smiling. I will be here for you, whether if you’re at your best or at your worst. We will go through new encounters and experiences with our hands intertwined with each other. I promise to never let go of you no matter what.

Jiyong’s vow:

I, Kwon Jiyong, vows to love and treasure you, Choi Seunghyun, for the rest of my life and a day. I promise to make you happy in everyday we spend with each other. I’ll be your support for everything that you do. No matter what challenges we go through, I will be here behind you. I will keep on believing in you even if you, yourself, don’t. I will be become your strength as you have become mine.

*End of Flashback*

Once Seunghyun tried to kiss Jiyong, they went back to reality and Jiyong panicked.

                “You’re not Seungie! Whoever you are, just leave me alone!” He ran upstairs to their bedroom and shut the door. Seunghyun tried to follow him but he remembered what the tracker said and he knows sooner or later, he would succumb to this reality

                 He went out of the house. He saw the tracker waiting for him.

                “I’ve given up.” Seunghyun smiled dejectedly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: for didoe84, the answer to all your questions!

A/N2: One or two more chapters to go! please bear with me for just a little bit! I can't believe i managed to reach this far!