A painful night, Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory in heaven, A Way to Save Jiyong…

What Dreams May Come

Outside the Choi Residence…

Sounds of sirens woke up the whole neighborhood, some of them gathered around to see what was going on. What they saw shocked them. They saw Jiyong on a stretcher, pale-skinned and bloodied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hospital…

They were in the E.R for hours and Jiyong’s friends were outside. Anxiousness filled the whole place to the point that it was  suffocating them…

“Do you think he’ll be fine?” Hyori said. He was being comforted by her husband, Daesung, who is also one of Jiyong’s closest friends.

“He better be…I can’t bear to lose another friend.” Youngbae said then he punched the wall.

“Hime, relax, let’s all think positive.” Seungri, Youngbae’s lover, said trying to comfort his friends. It was odd that he was the one comforting them since he’s usually the one who over-reacts but it’s feels like everyone already lost hope so he felt the need to be strong for them.

After an hour and a half, the doctor came out of the E.R. Nervousness, anxiety and a tinge of hope filled their chests that it made their hearts leap out of their cages.

“Are you one of Jiyong-sshi’s relatives?” The doctor asked Youngbae but he shook his head. The doctor looked at them but received the same answer.

“We’re Jiyong’s friends.” Daesung said calmly.

“I think it’s best if I speak to one of the patients relatives but seeing that none of them are present, I might as well tell you.” The doctor pauses.

“Kwon Jiyong-sshi lost a large amount of blood.” Another pause. It’s aggravating the anxiety.

“I’m afraid… he lost his battle. I’m very sorry for your lost.” With that said the doctor bowed to them and went on his way. Everybody broke down in tears. The tears that are b on Youngbae’s eyes started to fall without any intentions of stopping.

When Jiyong’s family came, more tears fell. This is so far the most painful day for their family.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jiyong’s burial…

His ashes were scattered on the sea just like what they did to Seunghyun’s in hopes that they would find each other again. They were all tired of crying but the sorrows in their hearts are far from being drained.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Heaven…

 Seunghyun was walking outside his ‘realm’ but all he could see was an endless corridor of doors so he decided to explore. He opened one of the doors closest to him. He was surprised when he stepped on to a fluffy path. It was a pink cloud…? He took a small amount and tasted it.

‘Cotton Candy?’

“Where am I?”

“Children’s section.”

“bwoh?”

“Look around you…”

And he did. What he saw astounded him. There were flowers that look like marsh mallows and choco bunnies on the grass.

‘Thank god! They’re not alive!’

The land that he’s standing on is made out of cotton candy. Then he walked on the grass. He plucked one, he tasted it and once again he was shocked.

“This taste like mint!”

“Yeap! Everything here is edible.”

“Jinjja?!”

“YES! Would you like me to show you around?”

“OH! YES! PLEASE! But wait…you look familiar…”

“I do?”

“Yeah…” Seunghyun rubbed his chin and looks at nowhere in particular as if thinking about something.

“Hint please?” He said when got tired thinking.

“Hospital.” The stranger smiled.

Again, Seunghyun rubbed his chin and used all his will power to remember the woman in front of him. The stranger has long black wavy hair, she’s quiet chubby, she has brown narrow eyes (like Chinese’s eyes) and tanned skin. No matter how much he tried, it seems he doesn’t remember where he met her until…

“AH! Meeyon’s Pediatrician!”

“Mikhaella Bacsafra Rivera at your service Mr. Choi! It’s been a long time! Now, how about that trip?”

“OKAY!” Seunghyun replied with child-like glee.

He saw a chocolate fountain. He drank from it. It had a sweet and warm feeling in his mouth. He remembers how Meeyon loves chocolate. She says it has a certain taste and feel to it when it’s in your mouth. He smiles at the memory. He saw a raft. It’s made entirely out of Pocky honey and milk flavored sticks. Then, at the side of the river there were bushes that bore little spaceships with the strawberry tip and chocolate base.

“WOW! Mikhaella-sshi, can we ride on that?” He pointed at the pocky stick raft.

“Ne!”

And so they did, as they were riding on the raft, Seunghyun heard children’s laughter and saw a lot of kids playing and he’s wondering where Meeyon could be since Miyoung was with him as Dongwook. But all thought left him as he saw multi-colored rose bush and he was curious about what flavor each rose might be.

“Can we go there?”

“Okay.”

When they got to the chocolate road, Seunghyun ran to the rose bush. The red rose is strawberry flavored, the blue rose is blueberry, the yellow is lemon flavored, the pink rose was peach flavored and the white one is snowberry. He remembers how the twins love fruits. They would often push him out of the house just to buy strawberries or whatever they felt like eating at the moment. He laughed at the memory.

“What’s funny?”

“Nothing…I just remembered something.”

Mikhaella just smiled.

Then Seunghyun saw a bunch of kids dancing to a familiar music.

“Wow! They’re really good!”

“Yes, they are! They really love dancing.” Mikhaella smiled warmly at the kids.

 “Hyung! Wanna join us?” One of the boys called out.

“I’m not so sure about that.” Seunghyun smiled shyly, remembering how his bones fuse whenever he dances.

“Please!” The kids pleaded.

Seunghyun was forced to dance even though he looks really awkward.

The kids were laughing at him but it was fine. He loves kids and making them smile is enough reason to man up and show his ‘dance moves’.

“Hyung! Can you dance more?” One of the boys said while giggling.

Seunghyun was really tired but he doesn’t want to disappoint the kids. But luckily, before he says yes, Mikha interfered.

“Oppa is already tired. Maybe some other time.” She smiled sweetly at them and Seunghyun mouthed his thanks to her.

“aww… Okay, rest well Hyung!”

She leads Jin to a hill and from there he can see a big chess board. Suddenly, he felt tears run down his cheeks. Everything seems nostalgic to him.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing, I just remember one of my princesses.”

“Which one?”

“Meeyon…”

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

Meeyon looked at the cardboard cutout of heaven displayed in her room.

“Is this where we go when we die?”

“It's a dream baby, it's a beautiful one, but you know dreams...”

“I know, aren't real. I know.”

Then, Seunghyun glances at his watch.

“It's after midnight.”

“I haven't won yet.” Meeyon said stubbornly.

“It's your first time.” Seunghyun cooed.

“No, I like that I haven't won yet. Means you're not cheating. And when I win, I win. I just want to play 'til I do. Unless you want to stop.” Meeyon said, determined.

“No. Let's play 'til you win.” Seunghyun just smiled at his daughter.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“She died three months later. We played every night. Meant the world to me, but she never won.” By now, Seunghyun can’t stop his tears from falling, one painful tear followed by another.

Seunghyun stayed there for a quite a long time. He thinks it’s a better place for him to think than in his realm where’s he’s all alone. It’s easier to keep his sanity here. He was brought out of his reverie when someone tapped his shoulder.

“Mikhaella-sshi…”

“Where were you just now? Your mind’s been wandering all afternoon.”

“Thinking of someone.”

“Your husband must’ve loved your children very much.”

“But you don’t have to break in half to love someone.”

“What are you planning to do now?”

“Frankly…I don’t know.”

“He went to hell you know. He just died.”

“I know.”

Silence.

“You know you could have saved him then right? When he was  still there at the house, you had a lot of time. You know that right?  Miyong told you.”

“Yeah. She begged me to save him but I ran away.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

Silence. A gentle breeze blew and Seunghyun looked at his side. He was shocked to see his princess, the one he’s been aching to see but he smiled nonetheless.

“Meeyon… I knew you’re here… You had to be…” He reached out to hug her.

“Hi Dad…” Meeyon said as she hugged him back.

“Oh! Princess! You don’t how much I missed you!” By now, Seunghyun’s tears are flowing freely. He reluctantly pulled away from the hug to see his daughter’s face.

“Why didn’t you tell me who you were?”

“I wanted to give you time to think, Daddy. I know you have a lot of things on your mind.” Meeyon wiped a tear off of her Daddy’s face, just like the way he used to whenever she cried.

“Why Miss Mikhaella?”

“Remember when I was sick and you brought me to her? Then you said she has a noble profession because she’s taking care of kids like me?”

“Yes, I remember, sweetie. You cried because you were afraid of the injection but she was able to calm you down.”

“Then, I told you I wanted to be like her when I grew up… I didn’t get to do that… so I just decided to be like here…” She smiled. Seunghyun can’t help but be sad and happy at the same time.

Happy because he got to see his daughter again. Sad because of her little revelation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Being in the children’s realm with Meeyon made him think about Jiyong. About his condition. It took him a while to finally make his decision.

“Meeyon…”

“Yes, daddy?”

“Is there a possibility that I can still save your daddy Ji?”

“There is.” Meeyon replied albeit a bit hesitant.

“Tell me.”

“It’s risky!” She know how much she wanted him to go save his Daddy Jiyong but she wouldn’t want to risk her Daddy Seunghyun.

“I don’t care.” Seunghyun stared at her, determined to make her understand that he had made his decision.

“But dad! You’re risking an eternity in hell if you do this!” Meeyon argued, scared that she will lose both of her fathers.

“Do I look like I give a about risking everything I have here?!” Seunghyun regretted shouting at his daughter but she gave no choice. He had to save his love.

“Dad…”

“Tell me.” Seunghyun said in a firm but gentler tone.

“You have to go to hell and find him. But I won’t allow you to do this Dad!”

“If I was going through ing HELL, I'd only want one person in the whole goddamn world by my side!” Seunghyun shouted, his patience running thin.

Meeyon was stunned. She looked away, tears slowly falling from her eyes, and said.

“I guess… I have no choice then… Go to the black river. There you will find a dock and a boat. Set course to the forbidden lair. That’s where you’ll find the Tracker; he’ll lead you on your journey through hell. But dad, I must warn you, once you find daddy… leave! Or else you’ll be trapped there and there’s no way you can get out of there.”

Seunghyun hugged his daughter and mumbled a ‘Thank you.’, turned his back to Meeyon to take his leave but Meeyon stopped him.

“Be careful Dad.”

“I will.” He smiled.

Then, Seunghyun left to save Jiyong. It might’ve taken him a while to decide but it’s never too late, this time he’s certain he’s gonna save him, his Jiyong.

“Wait for me, love” He whispered. Then he walked out the door towards the dangerous path he chose.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: i guess this is a positive turn of events.. XD