Seunghyun’s Hell and the Sea of Faces

What Dreams May Come

Seunghyun’s Hell and the Sea of Faces

It was very cold when they reached hell. The silence was heavy around them it’s almost deafening. Seunghyun looked and saw none of the things he was hoping for but far more frightening and disturbing than what he was hoping for. The tracker laughed at Seunghyun’s expression.

“Young man, did honestly expect fire and pain? If that’s the case then the Europeans and Alaskans would love it here!” The man chuckled. “Didn’t I tell you? You will lose your mind here. Your mind is the one creating whatever you despise the most. They want you to suffer. Make you miserable forever. “

The man kept talking but Seunghyun is no longer paying attention. He was feeling rather disturbed. He knows there are eyes on him, watching his every move, scrutinizing him. But when he looked around, there’s no one there, just him and the tracker.

As they walk further, the more eyes he feels staring at him. He can occasionally hear murmurs. What they were saying, he doesn’t know but Seunghyun thinks they’re talking about him.

He looked back and saw their footprints. They have come a long way but it seems there’s still so much to go through. By now, the murmurs became more audible. He looked at the man beside him but it seems like he was the only one hearing things.

‘You’ll never reach him in time.’

‘You think YOU can save him?’

‘Such a hypocrite! You brought this on yourself.’

‘He doesn’t deserve to be here, you do!’

‘Look at you. Being all high and mighty when all you really are is a coward!’

‘You’re still the fat little boy you are! You never changed.’

                Any more of these whispers, he will go nuts.

                But he knows what he’s here for. What he will gain for this is something worth more than his own life. Heck! He wouldn’t even consider coming here if it wasn’t.  Jiyong, having him back weigh much more than his own insecurities. He needs to be strong like Jiyong has been for him all these years. He’s not giving up without a fight.

                He was trying his best to ignore his surroundings. He thinks about Jiyong and the twins, the way they smile, laugh… everything. It subdues the things that were bothering him. He looks at the road ahead with oozing determination.

‘I’m not Choi Seunghyun for nothing.’

 He walks straight not minding the voices in his head, the burning eyes staring at him and the eerie feeling of loneliness the place gives off.

As they get closer and closer to want he thinks is their destination, the air gets heavier and heavier, the winds blew stronger, and it was as if it was trying to hold them back. The man beside him is silent. He was calm and even Seunghyun, being known for calm demeanor, can’t understand how this man is keeping his composure.

The wind blew harsher. So harsh that it blew Seunghyun off his feet, making him land 10 feet to where he was standing. Seunghyun tried to get up but it seems like there was an invisible force keeping him down. He looked for the tracker. There he was standing, his back to Seunghyun.

“What the hell are you standing there for?!”— He coughed as dust makes it way to his mouth. It was getting in the way of his vision and breathing. –“Help me get up!” Seunghyun shouted, desperate flailing his arms and legs in an attempt to get up.

“Don’t fight it. Just close your eyes and let go.” The man said. Seunghyun just obeyed, no longer having enough strength to put up an argument. The force above him got heavier and he found it hard to breathe. He tried to struggle but it proved to be useless. The next he knew he was engulfed in the hurl of the harsh wind. It hurts. The dust was scratching his as if it was the sharpest thing in the world. His lungs were burning and he wouldn’t dare open his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

The thing constricting his breathing slowly faded. He gasped, only to cough at the ghastly odor filling his mouth. He felt something squishy and weird under his feet. He moved his foot around to feel what that thing really is.

“Hey! Watch it buddy! Your stinky feet are close to my en’ mouth!” a man shouted angrily. Seunghyun was appalled. He continued to feel around with his feet when suddenly, he felt a sting, something or someone bit his feet. He was forced to open his eyes. There, he saw an endless sea of faces in dark, muddy water.

                He skipped through the faces hoping he could avoid stepping but his efforts proved futile. All he was ‘ouches’ and ‘watch its’ as he walk on them. He turned to the tracker only to found out that he was laughing amusedly at him. He glared at the older man but all he received was a louder laugh. He was at about a fair distance to where he started, when he heard a familiar voice screaming in pain.

                He turned his around, searching for the voice but it was a hard task considering there are a lot of people there. He ran as fast as he can to the source of the voice, not minding the faces in pain underneath his feet.  He looked and so the tracker following him.

                ‘Come on, Baby! Where are you?’

                He was out of breath but he can’t stop looking. He can still hear his voice. When he felt that his legs would give, he saw Jiyong.

                Jiyong was screaming in pain, his voice was slowly fading as his was sinking. Seunghyun tried his best to reach him with his shaky legs but he wasn’t fast enough. Jiyong fell when Seunghyun was a just a hair away from him.       

                But it wasn’t long after Seunghyun followed Jiyong. He himself fell into the dark waters, along with the tracker.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: sorry it took so long before i can update. i've been busy. and i have to start the other story i planned to post. i'm really sorry! i know this is really short and it ... XCCCCCCCCccc