At last...

What Dreams May Come

Jiyong was frightened when he saw that Seunghyun’s body was beginning to turn blue. His husband’s eyes are starting to turn white and his breaths are coming in short pants. He touched his husbands face and it was ice cold.

His tears are continuously running down his cheeks as he whispered in his husband’s ear. “Don’t give up. Don’t give up.” It was too late though. Seunghyun has already succumbed to a deep slumber.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seunghyun woke up to the feeling of fire in his lungs. He felt that oxygen was slowly leaving his body. He opened in his eyes and to his surprise, he was underwater. He tried very hard to swim up but something was weighing him down. While we was struggling to keep himself from sinking down further, he remembered everything he and Jiyong went through…

*Flashback*

“Can I see the picture?”

“uhmm..Why?”

“Because I wanted to see what made you take a picture of me.”

“How are you so sure that I took a picture of you?”

“Well, if that’s the case you wouldn’t mind showing me the camera right?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 “Your pictures are really good. By the way, I’m Kwon Jiyong and you are?”

“Choi Seunghyun, Nice to meet you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“yah…You’ve been quiet.”

“Huh? Uhm…nothing just thinking about things.”

“Okay.”

“Are you okay? You seem kinda red? Seungie?” 

“Ji…”

“Yes?”

“Promise me you won’t get mad or go away after I said this.”

“Why?”

“Just promise.”

“I promise.”

“I like…no…I love you. I know it’s a little bit too fast but I –“

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hey…”

“I know what you’re thinking about.”

“huh?”

“I know you wanted to have kids…”

 “hey…look at me.”

 “Don’t be sad or angry at yourself because you can’t give me a child. Don’t think that I’m not happy because I am.  I know you, I know you’re blaming yourself.”

“Seungie…I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be…These two years that we spent with each other are the happiest years I’ve had in my whole life. You want to have kids? We’ll adopt.”

“But Seungie—“

“We’ll adopt. It doesn’t matter where they came from. We’ll treat them like our very own.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Baby…I’m sorry.”

 “I know. I understand.”

 “I’m sorry too…”

“Why?”

“Because I failed. I promised to make you happy in everyday we spend together but now…I only cause you pain…”

“It’s okay…it’s not your fault.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Baby…”

“I know Seungie…I’m willing to set you free.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t say that please… You don’t need to be sorry…I’m happy because I met you…for once in my life, I was happy. Please don’t say sorry because that would mean you regret everything we had together. I’m willing to set you free rather have you by my side only to see you in tears.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I can’t do this.”

“Why?”

“I can’t…I can’t leave you…” Seunghyun was trembling while tears continue to run down his face wetting his shirt.

“Seungie…”

“No…I can’t…I promised to stay with you and I will…I love you… way too much that I can no longer imagine my life without you.”

Jiyong kissed Seunghyun.

“I love you too…”

*End of Flashback

He tried his hardest to get to the surface. Remembering Jiyong was giving him strength to carry on with this battle. When he was finally just a thread away from the surface, he saw a blinding white light and everything else faded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seunghyun opened his eyes and saw that he was in his realm once again. At first, he felt relieved that all of those terrible events were just a dream but later on he realized…

‘Jiyong’s not here.’ He thought. He sadly made his way out of the little house he was in. He decided to explore his realm a little more to get to his mind off of things… off of Jiyong.

He looked at his surroundings while walking. It was all so beautiful. The flowers, the streams, the skies, the trees… everything was just perfect. But it hurts him that Jiyong can’t be with him, that Jiyong can’t see and enjoy what he was seeing right now. He laughed bitterly. This walk was supposed to get his mind off of Jiyong but it seems like everywhere he looked, everywhere he goes it’s still reminds him of his husband.

He sighed as he looked at the bright sky, enjoying the breeze.

“Hey.” He heard someone say. When he turned around he saw Jiyong wearing an all-blue suit, smiling at him. He looks so gorgeous. His radiance is back. The sparkles in his eyes too. Seunghyun can feel the warmth in his presence again. He can’t help but let a few tears escape from his eyes but nonetheless he smiled.

“Hey…” He replied, suddenly at lost for words. Jiyong walked towards him and hugged him tightly. Seunghyun buried his face in the latter’s hair. He missed this feeling. The feeling of contentment just by having his beloved in his arms again. Jiyong raised his head and looked at him in the eyes.

“Sometimes when you lose , you win.” He smiled that toothy smile Seunghyun loves. Jiyong let his fingers roam around Seunghyun’s face as if not believing that this is all happening… that this is real. Seunghyun held his hands and kissed it. Seunghyun claimed his lips into a sweet kiss. All of their yearning towards each other was felt through the kiss.

“How did we get here?” Seunghyun asked when they broke apart.

“Travel here is just like everything else… It’s all in your mind. All you have to do is close your eyes. If you know where you’re going, you’ll get there. It looks like we did.” Jiyong smiled. Seunghyun covered his eyes.

“I have to show you something. Something wonderful! Something you’ve never seend before.” He whispered. When Seunghyun finally took his hands off of Jiyong’s eyes, the latter was surprised.

“My painting…” He laughed in disbelief. “Seungie! It’s my painting!” Jiyong walked further to see the whole thing clearer. He turned to Seunghyun with a child-like grin plastered on his face.

“This is our heaven baby.” Seunghyun hugged him from behind.

“Sorry to interrupt…” They both looked behind them to see who it was. The tracker smiled at them. “Jiyong, are you ready for the surprise.” The tracker asked.

Jiyong nodded. Then, they heard something barking. They turned to look at their side and saw Charlie, their dog, running towards them.

“Hey!” Jiyong petted Charlie.

“Uhm… That’s not the surprise.” The tracker pointed behind them.

“Daddy Ji?” They saw two young girls in white dresses running towards them. The twins hugged Jiyong tightly. Seunghyun just stared at the scene in front of him with tears in his eyes. He can’t believe he saw his family together again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They were happy in their realm. They were living there peacefully with their kids. Seunghyun and Jiyong sat side by side in the midst of the flower field.

“I want us to grow old together. Can we do that here?” Jiyong said, slowly leaning his head on Seunghyun’s shoulder. Seunghyun nodded.

“Well, as long as it’s with you.” Jiyong sighed, contented of having Seunghyun beside him.

There was a long, comfortable silence between them after that. Both of them enjoying each other’s company after being apart for such a long time.

“How about we go back?” Seunghyun suddenly asked.

“What do you mean?” Jiyong looked at him, confusion can be seen in his eyes.

“Being reborn again. See, that’s something that we can’t do here. Finding each other, falling in love.”Seunghyun explained. He lifted his hand up to caress Jiyong’s cheeks.

“Making different choices…. Trying again…” Jiyong leaned into the touch.

Seunghyun nodded. “Don’t worry about the twins, they’ll be here. They both want us to go.”Seunghyun kissed Jiyong’s forehead. Jiyong nodded, biting his lips trying to hide a smile.

“A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in Heaven. Then we'll all be together forever.” Seunghyun said. Jiyong giggled.

“How will I find you?” Jiyong asked, suddenly afraid of the possibility of not being with Seunghyun.

“I found you in Hell, don't you think I can find you in Korea!?” Seunghyun joked. Jiyong giggled then kissed him passionately.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Present day…

5-year old Seunghyun was playing with his brand new toy camera near the beach.

“Click! Click!” Little Seunghyun giggled while he captures ‘pictures’of the beach and the bird there.

“Cli—uh?” He tilted his head from side to side looking at a boy walking along the shore.

“Pretty!” He said as he was holding up the camera, taking a ‘picture’ of the little boy.

Surprisingly, the boy looked up and ran to him.

“Hi! Can Jiyong play?” The young boy pointed at the camera.

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun pointed at the boy.

“Un!” Jiyong nodded.

“Seungie.” Seunghyun pointed at himself. Giggles were heard as the two boys played with the camera.

‘When I was younger, I met this beautiful boy near the beach…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Finally done!!! hahahah! my first completed multichap! BUT! I may add an epilogue... IF you want me too.. XDD