Seunghyun’s Paradise, Dongwook, the Tree, Soulmates, Longing

What Dreams May Come

Seunghyun’s Paradise, Dongwook, the Tree, Soulmates, Longing

 

Seunghyun woke up to a bright light…so bright that it was blinding him. When the light ceased, he saw a door, a wooden door with intricate designs. It was very obvious that it was carefully carved by a skilled craftsman.

He opened the door and was greeted by a gentle breeze. Again, he closed his eyes.  It was all so comfortable and warm. He felt like he was home. When he opened his eyes he was surprised to see a paradise right in front of him. There was warm sunshine, green hills, flowers of different colors decorating the fields, and wonderful streams.

‘Where am I? I’m in heaven…?’

“Yeap! you are…fortunately” There was a familiar voice behind him so he turned around. Shock was written all over his face. That face, that voice, that hair…he knows that! IT’S DAE!

“You! What?...HOW?...EH????????” Dongwook smacked Seunghyun’s head.

“What does that supposed to mean?!”

“YOU IN HEAVEN?!” Seunghyun laughed so hard that he can’t breathe, his stomach ache, and tears are falling from his eyes.

“What’s so funny?” Again, Seunghyun earned a smack in the head.

“I must be in hell…” Seunghyun said while trying to stop himself from laughing.

“PABO! I’m not THAT bad! I did something right in my life so I’m here! IT’S NOT IMPOSSIBLE YOU KNOW!”

“Yeah right…and pigs fly.” Seunghyun said sarcastically.

“YAH! They can fly! You wanna see?”

“Nevermind. What am I doing here?”

“You died. You think you’ll live after a flying car hit you? You’re not superman nor GOD to do that.”

“Oh…I was?” Seunghyun earned another smack but this time harder.

“What was that for?”

“For being the pabo you always were! Anyways, you are HERE.”

“And here is?”

“Do I have to point it out? You died hence you are HERE!”

“OH! Heaven!”

“Finally!”

“Isn’t heaven supposed to be all white and fluffy? There’s supposed to be angels flying around, singing, laughing and all that…it’s supposed to be crowded too considering that there are a lot of people who died already? Why is it that it’s only you and me?”

“Well, this is your private space.”

“BWOH? Is that even possible?”

“Seunghyun, "here" is big enough for everyone to have their own private universe.”

A ‘o’ formed in Seunghyun’s mouth. Dongwook just sighed. ‘He never changed.’

“Shall we have a look around?”

“Okay.”

Seunghyun saw a lot of things. Every tree, every flower and every bug in that ‘private space’ was splendid.

“Arf! Arf!”

“Charlie!” Charlie jumped on Seunghyun and they fell backwards. Seunghyun his face and wag his tail. After that, he petted Charlie.

“Boy, I screwed up. I'm in dog Heaven!” Seunghyun laughed. He chased his dog at what seems like a river. The river’s water was crystal clear and it’s sparkling. He slipped at a puddle of paint and fell. He splashed water at Dongwook, who was just staring at him wide-eyed. Dongwook seemed to get the clue and soon enough, they were acting like kids playing in the river. Soon after, Seunghyun found himself at the cliff where he see could all of the land he was in.

“A place where we all go can't be bad, can it girl?” The dog just relaxed on his lap.

“Dongwook-ah! What’s that tree? I haven’t seen that before.”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you check it out yourself?”

“Maa…I guess there’s no harm in that…how?”

“Hmm…just think of something…you can do anything here.”

“Why can’t you do it?”

“I can. I just need a little encouragement.”

And then he saw Jiyong by the tree, smiling at waving at him, motioning for him to come to him.

“I’ll fly.”

“Whaa—“

“I’ll fly…didn’t you hear me?”

“I heard you…but think of something that’s humanly possible…like running really fast.”

“Why? You said I can do ANYTHING here.”

“Yeah…but—“

But before Dongwook can finish his sentence, Seunghyun jumped off the cliff.

“You’re crazy!”

“whoohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“omphh! Argh!”

Seunghyun landed flat on his in a field of flowers. He stood up and rubbed his before running.

“GO! Seunghyun!” Dongwook chuckled.

 Seunghyun ran and ran until he reached the tree but Jiyong is no longer there.

“This…”

“It’s in one of Jiyong’s painting…”

“WHOAH! Soulmates!”

“huh?”

“A soul divided into two individuals. Those halves of souls are connected even in death. Wow! It’s the first time I’ve seen anything like this.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Choi Residence…

Jiyong was painting the exact same things Seunghyun saw in heaven. There was the purple standing alone in the middle of a field and the sky was gray instead of blue. There were two persons who‘re standing in front of the tree.

‘Can you see this? Can you feel how much I long for you? Can you see how I’m suffering without you? You were always the one who held us together. It was always you. How am I supposed to live now? When half of me has already died with you…tell me…how?’

Then, Jiyong splashed water on the tree. He can’t help but let his tears fall freely. He let them fall for he had held them back for a long time. It was all too painful, being left alone. Everyone he cared for is gone. Every reason to live is no more… He slid down the cold floor and let his heart cry.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

In Heaven…

The leaves of the tree suddenly turned brown and they started to fall. The tree lost its glow.

“The tree withered.” Seunghyun said. He felt a dull pain in his chest.

“He must be suffering a lot now.” Dongwook couldn’t help but sigh.

Then, Seunghyun heard a voice. A voice he has longed to hear.

‘Can you see this? Can you feel how much I long for you? Can you see how I’m suffering without you? You were always the one who held us together. It was always you. How am I supposed to live now? When half of me has already died with you…tell me…how?’

A lone tear fell from his eye.

“I LOVE YOU!” He screamed hoping that Jiyong can hear him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

Choi Residence…

Jiyong heard someone whisper in his ear.

‘I Love you…’

And because of that, more tears began to flood his eyes. The flow won’t stop; it’s just kept on coming, no matter how hard he tried to stop them. His mind is now flooded with images of Seunghyun. It was then that the painful realization struck… he needed the man terribly.

“Why did you leave?” Jiyong said bitterly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Heaven...

Seunghyun just stared at the tree. The once beautiful tree was now lifeless.

“It’s like an occupational hazard huh?”

“Hmm?” Dongwook stared at him, confused.

“Being soul mates.” Seunghyun said, not looking away from the tree.

“What made you say that?” Dongwook let out a slightly amused smile.

“One is useless without the other.” Seunghyun smiled sadly.

Dongwook can’t do anything but just pat his friend’s back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~

A/N: I decided to post this because I found Seunghyun and Dongwook's conversation funny. I just wanted to lighten up the mood before i ruin it again. Clarification: Dongwook and Seunghyun are of the same age. Hope you enjoy this!

A/N: Chapter 4 is up! but I'm gonna hide it first. *evil grin*