Together Forever...

What Dreams May Come

Together Forever…

“I’ve given up.” Seunghyun smiled dejectedly. The tracker just shook his head and pats his back.

“There was nothing you can do to help him. This trip was always just for you.” The tracker smiled.

“It took me a while to realize you were right huh?” Seunghyun smiled bitterly.

“Yes. I was afraid you will never make it out. Did you… come close?” The tracker asked curiously.

“To losing it? Yeah. Big time. That’s why I had to come out now.” Seunghyun chuckled. The tracker nodded.

“I’ve given up.” Seunghyun repeated. “Just not the way you think.” Seunghyun smiled again. The tracker stared at him with disbelief.

“Go home Dongwook. Will you tell my children I love them? And I won’t leave their father.” Seunghyun smiled, wholeheartedly this time. The tracker nodded once again before turning his back to Seunghyun.

“Thanks…” Seunghyun whispered as he made his way back to the house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seunghyun knocked at the door of their bedroom but heard nothing so he just sat there, hoping Jiyong would open the door for him.

“Hey… I just want to say something to you but I only have a little time left before I… forget you too. I’m sorry for all the things I’ll never give you. I’ll never buy you another ice cream. I’ll never make you smile again.” He paused to let out a few deep breaths to try and hold his tears back. “I’ll never make you laugh at my corny jokes or my antics. I just wanted us to grow old together. Just the two of us, laughing at our escapade. Together forever, just like in your painting. That was our heaven, you see? There’re a lot of things to miss, our fights, our shared laughter, our anniversary celebrations… but I’ll never regret staying here with you.  I thought a lot about us during my travel here… that's when I realized I'm part of the problem. Not because I remind you. But because I couldn't join you. So I left you alone… “ He stopped again, this time to let out a few sobs that are constricting his throat. He bit his fist so Jiyong wouldn’t hear. “Thank you for every kindness. Thank you for our children. For the first time I saw them. Thank you for being someone I was always proud to be with. For your guts, for your sweetness. For how you always looked, for how I always wanted to touch you. God, you were my life! I apologize for every time I ever failed you. Especially this one...” He wiped his tears and cleared his throat.

He felt the door slowly opening. He saw Jiyong looking at him with unreadable eyes. It scared it him. It scared knowing that this is going to be the life he’d have from now on but he also felt relieved because he knows he’s gonna be with Jiyong the one he loved. He followed Jiyong, who sat on the bed, and held his beloved’s face in his hands. He smiled and kissed his husband’s forehead.

Seunghyun kneeled in front of him. Jiyong still can’t recognize him, he knows, but it felt really good to say all the things he’d wanted to say.

“Where to babe?” He tried to hold Jiyong’s hand but the latter pulled away.

“Good people end up in Hell because they can't forgive themselves. I know I can't. But I can forgive you.” Seunghyun smiled, warmth can be felt in his presence, in grave contrast to their surroundings.

“For killing my children and my sweet husband?” Jiyong asked, his voice was raspy due to all the crying and shouting.

“No, for being so wonderfu,l a guy would choose heaven over hell just to be with you.” Seunghyun held his hands very tightly while looking into his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

                Jiyong felt the stranger’s tears on his hand and he suddenly remembered everything.

            “I promised to stay with you and I will…I love you… way too much that I can no longer imagine my life without you.”

 He looked at Seunghyun and smiled.

                “Seungie…” He whispered. He saw Seunghyun smile at him. His heart stopped aching. He felt relieved for the first time after a very long time. But his happiness only lasted for a minute as Seunghyun suddenly fell and landed on his .

                He watched as Seunghyun crawled towards him and is now in a fetal position. He kneeled down in front of Seunghyun to see what was happening to his husband.

                “Seungie! You have to be strong! Please!” Jiyong was crying really hard by now. The idea of losing Seunghyun again kills him.

                “Don’t give up! Don’t give up!” He chanted over and over again, hoping Seunghyun can hear him but it was too late. Seunghyun was already frozen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Bad news... I think this will last for two more chapters... hehehe! sorry... thought i could finish it with one but i can't.. but look! double updates! and i'll do that tomorrow too! (probably) Hope you like this!