An Endless Cycle of Tragedy

What Dreams May Come

Jiyong woke up in his bed. He looked at his surroundings, everything is still the same. He looked at this wrists, he didn’t see any scar. ‘Maybe it was a bad dream, maybe Seunghyun is still here.’

“Seunghyun? Baby? Where’re you?”

‘He must be at work.’

He went downstairs and that’s when he realized, he was still alone. Seunghyun and the kids are still dead and everything that happened over the past year is real. Jiyong can’t help but feel all the misery and melancholy come back to him… but this time, it hurt a million times more.

He was in hell. His own version of hell but he doesn’t realize that. For him, all that had happened after Seunghyun’s death was just a horrible dream. He was there to suffer everything he had been through all over again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The silence was driving him insane. He was beginning to see things, hear things. He doesn’t know if it was just his imagination and surely, he knows he’s alone in the house but every time, he feels like something is watching his every move.

He decided to ignore this feeling and focus on his diary (he’s still not done with this stupid thing).

Dear Diary,

 I am writing in your bull pages because my shrink is crazier than I am. He thinks you're therapy. He figures if two babies can hammer me into a Psycho ward, what will I do with this? He is so stupid. He's so stupid that he thinks he pulled me through the breakdown when it was Seungie. Always. Only Seunghyun. I was looking through his photographs. They were his obsession. He used art and pictures as another way to love me, to help me. To keep us always together.

There it is again, that strange feeling that someone is watching him. But this time, he felt as if someone touched his hair. He looked up and saw the face he’d been longing to see…

“Seunghyun…” He whispered in disbelief. Tears run down his cheeks but Seunghyun wiped it off. He cupped Seunghyun’s hand but they were cold.

“Sweetie, why are your hands so c---“ He couldn’t finish his sentence because when he looked at Seunghyun again, his face was bloodied, eyes were grim. He was looking at him like he was the most disgusting thing in the world.

“Seunghyun, what happened to you baby?!” Jiyong was panicking, Seunghyun was starting to melt in front of him. His husband was turning into a pile of goo.

“YOU DID THIS TO ME!!” Seunghyun’s voice was full of hate. Jiyong can’t do nothing but just stare at him, wide eyed. Before Jiyong got over his shock, Seunghyun was gone.

He dropped down to his knees and tried to mold Seunghyun again.

“No… baby… don’t leave me again please! I’m begging you please.” Jiyong brokedown. He was finding it hard to breathe but he can’t stop crying. Watching his lover melt right in front of him was enough to shake him down his core.

He couldn’t take another heartbreak. He walked to the kitchen, getting the sharpest knife he had and slit his wrist. He was bleeding and the wound stings but no matter how much he cut himself, he couldn’t die. He tried cutting other parts of his body but it was just the same thing.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw his daughters.

“My babies… come to daddy Ji… come to me.” He begged them but the twins just stared at him and laughed. It was as if they were mocking them.

“You’re so weak daddy!” Miyoung said.

“Poor little daddy Ji, he couldn’t die even if he wanted to. Poor poor daddy.” Meeyon said, sarcasm and ridicule was evident in her voice.

The twins continued to laugh at Jiyong’s agony.

“Come on, Meeyon! Let’s leave daddy here! He’s disgusting! Look at how dirty he is!” Miyoung said.

“Yeah! I don’t want to ruin my dress with his blood! Yuck!” Meeyon covered her nose.

The twins walked away, humming a sweet melody. That melody echoed through the walls of the empty kitchen. Louder and louder each time, haunting Jiyong.

“No! NO! STOP SINGING!!” Jiyong was screaming and covering his ears.

He was now in a fetal position. He was in pain, it was very hard to breathe and his ears and head hurt but he couldn’t do anything about it. The melody was now joined by laughter. Everyone was mocking him but he couldn’t make them stop. Jiyong started humming, hoping to lull himself to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: This is really short. I just wanted to fulfill the wish of _gtop_ regarding Jiyong's life in hell. Well, i think this isn't really the scary thing that you were expecting. I thought that it is more fitting to make Jiyong suffer mentally and emotionally than physically. I remember mention something about the real danger in hell is losing your mind and each of us has a personal hell... right? So, yeah... it would be more painful in Jiyong part to suffer losing his family all over again. XD enjoy!