A soul meets its match.

What Dreams May Come

 It’s a perfect day in Italy, A perfect opportunity for a photographer like Choi Seunghyun to capture the beauty of Tropea resort in Calabria, Italy. Seunghyun went out of his hotel and was greeted by the spectacular view of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The coastline curves outwards in a large hilly bulge, boasting dramatic cliffs, sunny beaches, and a string of little resorts and campsites. He took pictures of a historic center perched on cliffs above the sea.

As he was strolling by the shore, he saw a young man, probably 1-2 years younger than himself, staring at the sunset with awe. He looked so beautiful for a guy he thinks, so he took a picture of the stranger. Unfortunately for him, the stranger saw the flash of his camera even though they were standing in a quite a long distance between each other. The stranger blushed but then again he smiled. The said stranger made his way towards Seunghyun.

“Can I see the picture?” Seunghyun was shocked that the stranger was speaking Korean. Well, it wasn’t really shocking since he does look like someone from Asia.

“uhmm..Why?” He said while trying to hide the camera.

“Because I wanted to see what made you take a picture of me.” The stranger said simply.

“How are you so sure that I took a picture of you?”

“Well, if that’s the case you wouldn’t mind showing me the camera right?”

Seunghyun handed him the camera.

“I was right!” He blushed.

There was an awkward silence between the two but the stranger broke it by saying.

“Your pictures are really good. By the way, I’m Kwon Jiyong and you are?”

“Choi Seunghyun, Nice to meet you.” Seunghyun flashed him his most dazzling smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seunghyun came back to Korea a little over a week after that wonderful incident. He just got back to his flat and his was very exhausted. He grabbed his camera and took a look of the photos. The first few pictures in his camera are sceneries, the beautiful white sand, the crystal blue water, the red, orange and purple sunset, etc. Then, the next ones are now full of images of Jiyong, the guy he met on the beach while watching the sunset. He was so mesmerized by his beauty…his dazzling smile, those deep brown orbs and that oh so luscious lips. He was convinced that he was in love. It confused him at first because he wasn’t gay or bi. The last time he checked he was straight but how he felt when Jiyong was near is undeniably different.

He sighed then he remembered that he had Jiyong’s number. He grinned. ‘It wouldn’t be awkward if I asked him to go out with me? I mean it’s just like two friends hanging out only I’m in love with him. Okay…here we go…’ He dialed Jiyong’s number. He heard a few long rings then someone picked up.

“Yeobsaeyo”

“Uh…hey Jiyong…it’s Seunghyun.”

“Oh! Hi! I was about to call you.”

Seunghyun smiled, trying hard to stop a sigh of relief from escaping his mouth. “You were?”

“Uh…yeah I was about to ask you out. You know, just to hang out.”

“ahh…”

“So are you in?”

“uh..sure…when?”

“When are you free?”

“This Saturday”

“Okay then, see you on Saturday.”

“Okay bye.”

“Bye.”

Then the phone call was ended.

“Is it me or Jiyong sounded excited? What do you think Charlie?” He was talking to his dog that just stared at him and tilted its head.

“It’s just me.”

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

Jiyong was just staring at his phone while lying on his bed, contemplating on calling Seunghyun or not. He was a biual and he knew from the moment he first laid his eyes on Seunghyun that he likes him, possibly loves him at that. He just couldn’t take his eyes off of the older man. He was just perfect. He bit his lips while remembering the features of the older man, his strong arms, broad chest, his face. He sighed, he knew that this was probably one of those unrequited love, where he falls in love with a guy but the guy was straight. He was so lost in his thoughts that were mostly consisted of Seunghyun when his phone rang. It was him.

He just looked at the screen for a while but decided to answer. It took all of his will not to sound too excited about a simple phone call.

“Yeobsaeyo”

“Uh…hey Jiyong…it’s Seunghyun.”

“Oh! Hi! I was about to call you.” ‘Liar!’ He snarled at himself.

“You were?”

“Uh…yeah I was about to ask you out. You know, just to hang out.”  He mentally kicked himself in the for saying that.

“ahh…” ‘God! !! Nice going Jiyong. You freaked him out…’ He wanted to hide in a hole and stay there forever!

“So are you in?”  ‘Try to sound cool Yongie!”

“uh..sure…when?”

“When are you free?”

“This Saturday”

“Okay then, see you on Saturday.” Jiyong literally smacked himself this time. ‘God! Do you really have to sound so giddy?” Another smack.

“Okay bye.”

“Bye.” Jiyong tried hard to suppress the butterfly in his stomach.

Then a tone that signaled that the phone call is over.

“! I sounded too excited!” he palmed his face. He couldn’t stop looking at his calendar that day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

Saturday came and Seunghyun found himself waiting for Jiyong in a café in Nasu-dong.

‘hm….there’s still 5 minutes until our actual meeting time.’

Yes, he’s been there an hour earlier because he’s excited. He has never felt like this. Never! Then, Jiyong arrived. He looked casual -plain white shirt, pink scarf and skinny jeans- but there’s something in his aura that made him look more beautiful…at least in Seunghyun’s eyes.

“Uhm…hey! How long have you been waiting?”

“Not quite long. So, where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere, I guess.”

“hmm…do you want to go shopping?”

“Sure!”

“Let go then.”

Seunghyun held out his hand to Jiyong before he could stand-up. It’s just his habit being the gentleman that he is. Jiyong noticed it but he just brushed it off. After all, he liked being treated like he’s some kind of V.I.P.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

 

 

 

They went out a lot more times after that ‘date’ and Seunghyun’s feeling grew more and more each time until one time he thinks he’ll burst. They were in Eurwangni Beach just sitting near the shore, the waves touching their toes. Again, Jiyong looked prettier than the first time Seunghyun had seen him in the beach like this.

“yah…You’ve been quiet.”

“Huh? Uhm…nothing just thinking about things.”

“Okay.” Jiying smiled and he felt like his face is burning from his cheeks to the tips of his ears.

“Are you okay? You seem kinda red? Seungie?” He blushed even more with the use of the nickname.

“Ji…”

“Yes?”

“Promise me you won’t get mad or go away after I said this.”

“Why?”

“Just promise.”

“I promise.”

“I like…no…I love you. I know it’s a little bit too fast but I –“

Jiyong cut him off by a kiss then he walked away. Seunghyun was too shocked to process anything. When he finally realized what happened, he stood up followed the younger. Just like that, the two of them became lovers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~~*~*~*~*

They’re now happily living with each other for two years and Seunghyun just proposed to him a few days ago. They’re planning to have their wedding in Sant Pau del Camp, the oldest church in Barcelona, Spain.

Everything was perfect. It’s just a plain ceremony. The visitors were only composed of family and close friends but nevertheless it was perfect for the both of them. The church is decorated with white flowers which fit perfectly with the historical feel that the church gives off.  Red and white roses was scattered on the aisle.

Jiyong was walking down the aisle. He was wearing a white tuxedo and he face was glowing. He was the most beautiful bride groom that Seunghyun has ever seen.

When Jiyong reached the aisle, the priest recited the usual sermons. Then it’s time for their wedding vows.

Seunghyun’s vow:

I, Choi Seunghyun, promise to treasure and love you, Kwon Jiyong, for the rest of my life. Even if the whole world becomes your enemy, I’ll protect you so you just stay there smiling. I will be here for you, whether if you’re at your best or at your worst. We will go through new encounters and experiences with our hands intertwined with each other. I promise to never let go of you no matter what.

Jiyong’s vow:

I, Kwon Jiyong, vows to love and treasure you, Choi Seunghyun, for the rest of my life and a day. I promise to make you happy in everyday we spend with each other. I’ll be your support for everything that you do. No matter what challenges we go through, I will be here behind you. I will keep on believing in you even if you, yourself, don’t. I will be become your strength as you have become mine.

The ceremony ended with a passionate kiss.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

After two years, Jiyong found Seunghyun staring blankly by the window of their bedroom. He hugged his husband’s waist from behind. Feeling this, Seunghyun turned his face to Jiyong.

“Hey…” Seunghyun just smiled.

“I know what you’re thinking about.”

“huh?”

“I know you wanted to have kids…”Jiyong looked down because tears are starting to form on his eyes.

“hey…look at me.” He cupped Jiyong’s face and tilted it upwards to face him. “Don’t be sad or angry at yourself because you can’t give me a child. Don’t think that I’m not happy because I am.  I know you, I know you’re blaming yourself.”

“Seungie…I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be…These two years that we spent with each other are the happiest years I’ve had in my whole life. You want to have kids? We’ll adopt.”

“But Seungie—“

“We’ll adopt. It doesn’t matter where they came from. We’ll treat them like our very own.”

Jiyong was overwhelmed with Seunghyun’s words. He hugged him so tight that Seunghyun complained about the hug being too tight that it’s hard for him to breathe and saying that Jiyong was trying to kill him.

They adopted two babies after that, two girls. They named them Miyoung and Meeyon because they’re very beautiful. Meeyon looks as delicate as a lotus blossom. And Miyoung is just simply beautiful.

Their life was perfect. They have an idyllic marriage and family. It was perfect but one day, a tragedy strikes. How will they handle it? Will they be true to their vows?

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

 

A/N: there! first chapter finished as promise! here are the picture to give an image of the places i used here.

 

Tropea Resort:

Nasu-dong Cafe (Coffeest)

Euwangni Beach

Sant Pau del Camp

THEN! Here are the Girls!