Another Quarrel

Just For Awhile More

 

DISCLAIMER:

I don't know if the story on Facebook is real or fake, but please be noted that the vague plot of this story (guy has a mistress, wife had cancer, the 'requirements' for the divorce) does not belong to me- it isn't me who came up with it). However, I do own the memories and others...

WAIT I DON'T OWN KWON JIYONG, DARA PARK and SOHEE. Jirin is mine though.

YAY! Okay, on with the storeh.

 


 

[3rd Person's POV]

 

The next few days were albeit a bit awkward, what with Dara sneaking looks at Jiyong, and him glaring back at her when he caught her.

 

"What are you looking at?" He sneered.

 

"Nothing," she huffed back. She had hoped that the 'carry her in the morning' agreement would work, but he still seemed a little sour, and reluctant to hold her. But only a few days had passed, so she couldn't determine anything yet. But those few days are getting more and more important to me now... Dara thought sadly and hauled herself off the bed. Time was ticking, and for her, running out.

 

Maybe... about twenty more days?

 

There had been so much drama lately that it seemed like a full month had passed already. But she knew that was impossible. Because she would be dead by the time a month passes.

 

Reality was harsh, but she had to accept it.

 

Dara sighed as she opened to door slightly to peek at Jiyong and Jirin. Her two beautiful boys. It wouldn't be long before she would have to leave them. She hoped Jirin wouldn't cry so much. It would do no good to his studies, and Dara couldn't have that.

 

Plus, she had some situations to deal with tonight.

 

Jaejoong was coming over.

 

*** ***

 

"Jiyong, come on, just stay out for a couple of hours!" Dara begged as she clasped her hands together. He shook his head in reply.

 

"It's my house. Why do I have to stay out!?"

 

, at this rate, he'll come home and see Jae! I can't have that! Desperate times calls for desperate measures! "Please! If you do, I'll buy you the latest iPad!"

 

"Really?" His eyes lit up excitedly, and she felt something nostalgic stir within her. She always knew, still did, that he had a soft spot for the latest technology. She was leaving anyway, so she wouldn't be able to do anything with so much money.

 

"Yep! Just stay out and come back at like... around 10PM? Please?" She dragged out the last word and tilted her head down, looking up at him through her eyelashes- adopting a puppy-dog eyes look. Looking away, he muttered a 'keh', and Dara smiled. "Thanks!"

 

"Why do you want me out anyway?" His eyes narrowed at her. "What's going on?"

 

"Nothing, nothing!" She noted that she sounded a bit flustered, but what the heck. As long as she could avoid another she WOULD avoid another fight. "Just another night, you know. Normal night."

 

"Sure..." Suspicious eyes remained on her but she played it off, sighing in relief. 

 

Now for Jae...

 

*** ***

 

"You can come over! Of course! Don't worry about anything," Dara stressed the last word. More like anyone. Jiyong would have a fit if he saw Jaejoong in his house, that she was sure of. "Just that you have to leave by 10PM, that okay?"

 

"Sure, sure," his easy laugh sounded over the receiver. "I'll come earlier, then?"

 

"No problem! I'll be home all day!"

 

"You've stopped going to work, haven't you?"

 

Rolling her eyes, she stuck out a tongue though she knew he couldn't see her. "No Jae, that's totally why you don't pick me up anymore."

 

"Okay, okay, chill," Jaejoong laughed again. "See you later."

 

"You too."

 

*** ***

 

"Kwon Jirin! Your pants do not, I repeat, do not, belong in the sink. Now get it out of there before I spank you!" Waving a feather duster around madly, Dara threatened her son as he dodged away from the weapon she was holding.

 

"Appa will kill you if he realizes you're bringing you're bringing a man home," he muttered and skulked off to retrieve his dirty clothing.

 

"Which is exactly why I chased him away, my dear. Now hurry up! He might be here any minute!"

 

"Anyone would think you like this man more than Appa, since you two are going hot then cold, while you're jumping all over the place to meet the man, in my home. Our home." Jirin yelped as the feather duster swung at his way once more. "Plus, you never dress like that for a dinner with Appa, unless its a ball, and you're having dinner with this guy at our home, no less. Why do you wanna put make-up and all that artificial gunk?"

 

Dara sighed. "Jirin..."

 

"Okay, okay!"

 

Jirin grumbled to himself when he picked his clothes from the washroom. If Eomma is cheating on Appa, I'll call Appa myself! And let Eomma deal with the consequences! Cheating was bad and unfair, he surmised and shook his head angrily. Unfaithful.

 

"Hey Jae!" Dara chirped as she opened the door to reveal a handsome man dressed suavely. When the two adults leaned towards  each other to peck each other's cheeks, Jirin's right eye twitched. Eomma doesn't even talk to Appa these days anymore... And here she is kissing this man!? He is so going down.

 

"Jirin, come and greet Uncle Jae," Dara smiled warmly down at her son when he emerged from his spot in the shadows. Her eyes held a strange glint to them, as if daring him to mess up, and he scowled back at the man grinning at him.

 

"Why hello, Jirin. This is the first time we've seen each other, ne?" Holding out his hand towards the young boy, Jaejoong waited for him to shake his hand.

 

To his surprise, he never did.

 

"Bye," Jirin snapped back and if possible, his scowl darkened. Taken aback, Jaejoong straighted and cast a curious glance at Dara who flushed, embarrassed by her son's behaviour.

 

On the other hand, Jirin was smirking inwardly. Trying to steal my Eomma? Not so fast, smooth guy.

 

"Sorry, sorry," Dara shook her head. "He isn't usually this rude. Anyway, let's have dinner?"

 

Kwon Jirin, Dara seethed as she glared at the son behind Jaejoong. What are you up to! I swear...

 

As they walked side by side towards the dining room, Jirin scrambled after them, squeezing himself in between them effectively. "Eomma, what are we having for dinner?"

 

"Steak, vegetables, you know, the western stuff." She waved back distractedly.

 

When they neared the kitchen enough to smell the aroma flooding the place, Jaejoong stopped to smile and take Dara's hands, patting it softly. Jirin's eyes narrowed at the display of affection. He was standing here, and yet the man acted as if his Eomma wasn't married. To his Appa.

 

"Eomma!" Jumping up, Jirin snatched his mother's hand from Jaejoong's and tugged her to the kitchen. "Let me help you!"

 

"O-Okay," Dara stammered as she felt Jirin pull her along.

 

Appa, come back soon!

 

*** ***

 

Dammit, how much longer must I wait! Frustrated and stiff, Jiyong huffed angrily in his car. He was situated a few metres away from his house, but did not enter, like Dara had told him to. He had planned to hang out at Sohee's apartment, but she had kicked him out like a crazy woman, screaming that he had disturbed her 'beauty sleep'.

 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Sohee howled when Jiyong entered her house, swinging her hair brush at him. "Get out! Can't you see I'm busy?"

 

"B- But, Sohee, I-"

 

"Can you see these wrinkles?" Sohee hissed, gesturing at her flawless skin angrily. "Look at it! I have a wrinkle! A WRINKLE. Now get out!"

 

Shocked, Jiyong tripped backwards as he tried to escape the raving woman, picking up the clothing she threw at him. They were the clothes he left at her house when he used to stay there overnight on some occasions.

 

Hello? It was only 9 PM. She never did sleep that early.

 

Anyway, that was why he was currently camping out on the road in the cold, cold weather like a hobo, while his warm, comfortable, toasty home was less than a mile away. Okay, maybe not in the cold, Jiyong amended. He still had his trusty heater to keep this going for last hour before-

 

The sound of his car spluttering before the humming dropped to naught brought Jiyong's train of thought to a stop.

 

Holy. .

 

His trusty heater was gone.

 

His car had broken down since he had forgotten to pump fuel, and now he was paying the price for procrastinating. Stomping out of the car, he bit back the shudder threatening to overwhelm his body as a cold gust of wind blew past him, the lapels of his jacket whipping aorund his face. 

 

Narrowed eyes glared at his watch again and a hiss escaped through clenched teeth when the hand of the stupid clock had yet to move more than an inch. It was about 9:01PM, and Jiyong was not a happy man. He raised his left foot and swung it to the car to kick at the tire, but had groaned in agony when sharp pain travelled from his foot, to his whole leg. Dammit...

 

You know what? Screw this . It was his house, and he paid for it, as well as the bills and whatnot. He had a right to enter the house whenever he wanted to.

 

Yanking the keys from its spot in the car, he slammed the car door close and trudged to his house, tired and cold. However, something caught his eyes. Something that was blocking the pathway to his house.

 

Hazel eyes squinted at the black car parked in front of him.

 

Now why did that car seem so familiar?

 

*** ***

 

The sound of Dara's light laughter floated past his ears and he sighed blissfully. If only he were the lucky freak married to this wonderful woman, but no, Jiyong had to go and claim her first... Jaejoong mused silently and Dara babbled on about her past. He chipped in his thoughts every now and then, but he preferred to listen to her chatter in that sweet voice of hers.

 

Sighing in contentment, he placed his used cutlery at the side of his plate and folded his hands under the table. This was definitely the kind of home life he could get used to.

 

Leaning comfortably back into her chair, Dara visibly relaxed. I haven't had such a relaxing time in awhile, and this is perfect. A perfect guy to listen to all my thoughts... 

 

Dara's eyebrows slanted downwards slightly. But no one could ever replace Jiyong. He was the best... 

 

Shaking her head to clear any negative thoughts, she continued to tell the tales of her past enthusiastically. She kept a close watch on her son of course, as he was being exceptionally rude. She had always taught him to be polite and well-mannered, and this was just out of line.

 

Jirin scowled at the man who had parked his fat at the seat that Appa sat on every morning.

 

Who was this godawful man, and why did he seem so familiar with Eomma? 

 

Seated at the floor, Jirin could see every move the man made under the table. Pretending to play with his toys, he surveyed them at the corner of his eyes, resisting the urge to growl hen the man's hands twitched towards Eomma's. If that man was going to hold his Eomma's hands, he had another thing coming. Scrambling up to stand clumsily on his two feet, he made his way to Jaejoong to go and stop him, but was stopped by the ringing of their doorbell.

 

Is it Appa? Jirin thought hopefully, and raced towards it.

 

His mother on the other hand stood up shakily, face ashen when the familiar chime of the bell rang through the house. Was he back? Didn't I tell him NOT to come home?!

 

"J-Jae... We might have a bit of a trouble coming our way..."

 

*** ***

 

"Appa! I'm so glad you're back!"

 

Jiyong stumbled back as his son launched his small body into his arms. "There's this weird man in there," Jirin continued babbling, pounding on his father's shoulders angrily, "and he tried to hold Eomma's hand! And they were acting so chummy! Jirin thinks they're up to no good."

 

To finish this spectacular notion, Jirin gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes.

 

"I bet the man's an evil reincarnation of the fire-breathing hydra!"

 

"Get down Jirin." Jiyong snapped as he brain sorted out the problem presented to him.

 

Dara wanted him out of the house.

 

Why?

 

Because she had a guest who didn't want him to meet.

 

Male or female?

 

Male.

 

Which only meant...

 

"Jirin, go back up and get ready for bed," Jiyong gritted out and stalked to the kitchen. Jirin's eyes widened and he ran up the stairs.

 

That ing bastard. If I catch him in my home...

 

As he neared the kitchen, Dara's voice reached his ears, and he could feel himself relaxing to it, until he heard the voice of another. A man.

 

Swinging open the door so hard it made a nice big crack in the poor wall, Jiyong stalked over to Jaejoong and grasped his collar, hauling him to his feet. His brain vaguely registered the faint screaming of Dara at the background, but his attention was focused on the cool gaze he received from the tall man.

 

"What the are you ing doing here?"

 


 

AHAHA I LOVE OVER PROTECTIVE JIRIN <3

I KNOW Y'ALL SAID TO SPEED THIS UP.

GOMENNNNN (sorry in Japanese)

After this little dispute, I swear, I sweaaaaar, I'll speed it up!

and do give me any suggestions you feel like throwing at me.

Flame me, I don't really mind! Anything to improve!

 

xoxo.

 

You don't marry someone you can live with,

you marry the person you cannot live without.