The First Morning

Just For Awhile More

 

DISCLAIMER:

I don't know if the story on Facebook is real or fake, but please be noted that the vague plot of this story (guy has a mistress, wife had cancer, the 'requirements' for the divorce) does not belong to me- it isn't me who came up with it). However, I do own the memories and others...

WAIT I DON'T OWN KWON JIYONG, DARA PARK and SOHEE. Jirin is mine though.

YAY! Okay, on with the storeh.

 


 

[3rd Person's POV]

 

Jirin's laughter filled the kitchen as father and son had their first breakfast together in a long while. "Appa, you have chocolate on your nose!"

 

"What?" Jiyong said as he attempted to look at his nose, only to go cross-eyed for trying. "No I don't!"

 

Jirin laughed and grabbed the bottle of chocolate sauce lying on the table innocently. Before Jiyong had time to react, Jirin had dumped the contents of the bottle on his nose. "Kwon Jirin!" Jiyong yelled as the chocolate dripped off his nose onto his white dress shirt. Ignoring his father, Jirin continued to giggle before tossing the sticky bottle into Jiyong's lap, ruining his pants as well. Fresh laughter filed the kitchen as Jirin started to laugh and snort again.

 

"KWON JIRIN! IF YOU DON'T STOP THIS, I'M NEVER MAKING PANCAKES AGAIN."

 

His smart son pointed out, "That's a lie, Appa. Whenever you say that, you make them again the next day, and they taste nicer too!"

 

Sometimes, a too smart kid really isn't healthy for parents.

 

"Yea, well," Jiyong tried to convince his son. "This time, I'm NEVER going to make them again."

 

He received an eyebrow raised as a reply.

 

"Forever," he emphasised, waiting for a response.

 

"Then that means I'll have to wait for a week before 'forever' ends." Jirin grinned naughtily as he pointed out the flaws in Jiyong's statement.

 

Damn. The kid got him good.

 

As Jirin continued drawing on his shirt with chocolate, Jiyong watched helplessly.  Suddenly, Jirin scrambled back to his seat and tried to look neat and tidy. "Good morning Eomma," he called out innocently, as if he hadn't been killing his father's shirt just a few seconds ago.

 

Now why did Jirin treat him like a playtoy, while looking at Dara with such respect? He didn't know which was worse- being seen as a friend, or an adult.

 

"It's because you are rarely around that he doesn't listen to you as much as he does to me." Dara replied softly to his unspoken question, feeling shy like a school girl meeting her crush as Jiyong watched her. She's beautiful, Jiyong decided. With her chestnut curls tumbling down her shoulder, stoping just above her elbows. The hem of her skirt brushed against her knees and flowed out around her. She looked like an angel. His angel. Jiyong pushed that thought out of his mind.

 

Jirin watched both of his parents, unaware of the tension filling the room.

 

"I have to go and change," Jiyong gestured at his shirt decorated by chocolate swirls as he walked past her at the door and entered their bedroom.

 

"Good morning dear," Dara said tenderly and bent down to press a kiss on Jirin's forehead. He beamed in reply, hiding his chocolate-covered hands behind his back. "Eomma, didn't you use to kiss Appa on his forehead as well? Sometimes, you would even kiss him on his lips!" Dara felt her face burn at his innocent question paired with huge unblinking eyes. "Why don't you kiss him anymore?"

 

Well that's because our relationship isn't the same anymore!

 

"Err... Well..." She stammered. "Go on Eomma!" Jirin prodded her encouragingly, and her cheeks bloomed.

 

Just then, Jiyong walked into the room, dressed in clean shirt and pants, overhearing their conversation. "It's fine," he shrugged, "it's just one kiss."

 

Jirin prodded his mother again with the only small finger that was clean and Dara went to Jiyong reluctantly. She placed her hands on his cheeks, and almost sighed happily at the warmth that flooded her. Bringing his head down towards hers, she leaned on her tiptoes to reach him. Jiyong started as her cold, small hands pressed on his face. Were they always this cold? He felt his body lean forward to her in anticipation as her lips neared his.

 

However, she leaned forward and pressed a soft peck on his forehead instead before lowering, taking her hands back from him. Disappointment filled his body, and he tried to ignore it. Why should he feel disapointed? It was ridiculous.

 

"Jirin, go and wear your shoes. Eomma will be there with you shortly." Dara smiled as her son nodded obediently before heading for the shoe rack.

 

She then turned to Jiyong and held out her arms. Understanding her silent question, he stepped nearer and paused for her to wrap her arms gingerly around his neck. He rolled his eyes at how carefully she was touching him, like he was about to explode at any minute. he bent down slightly and supported her back before swooping her up.

 

Dara yelped when her feet left the ground and hugged herself closer to Jiyong. Jiyong frowned slightly as he took her weight. Has she always been this skinny? She felt almost weightless in his arms. And had she always been this pale? Her eyes seemed to pop out of her face, showing how skinny she really was. He could even see her cheekbones rather clearly. Jiyong stared into her eyes and she peered back curiously. It was then he realised that he had stopped walking.

 

As he went forward a few steps, Jirin came bounding towards them. "Yay! Appa is carrying Eomma!"

 

Hearing his son's words, Jiyong felt a bit guilty not telling him what was really going on between them.

 

Standing at a distance away, Jirin watched his parents as they interacted rather awkwardly. He wasn't stupid. He knew that something wasn't right between his parents, but the problem was what? I'm going to find out! Jirin's face formed a picture of determination and his hands clenched into fists that he pumped into the air. Fighting!

 

On the other hand, Jiyong and Dara remained oblivious to their son's antics, trapped in their world of two. Placing Dara on her feet, she slid down him slowly, and unwrapped her arms from his neck. He felt his heart reach for her, but his mouth remained shut. When Dara turned her back towards him, Jiyong closed his eyes frustratedly and pinched his nose. What the hell was happening to him?

 

"Come Jirin, Eomma shall walk you to where you wait for you school bus, arasso?" Dara called out to her son as she reached for her briefcase.

 

"Neh!" Jirin grinned as he tugged on his own school bag, running after his mother, slipping his tiny hand into hers.

 

As they turned the corner and disappeared, Jiyong felt disorientated. Didn't he use to send Jirin to school? Didn't the three of them use to leave the house in the morning together? When had that all change? It had felt like it was just yesterday when they went off together in his car. Yet now, they had just left without him, as if they had been doing this for their whole lives, as if nothing was out of the ordinary. As if he wasn't with them from the start.

 

Pulling his jacket over his shoulder, he left the house, remembering to lock it behind him and found Dara waving towards her son as he boarded the school bus. He thought of the time when he used to send her to her office building as well. She would lean over the console, and kiss him on his lips tenderly, and wave goodbye when he drove off. Her hair would flow out gently behind her, making her look beautiful. And so pure.

 

He drove his car to the bus stop where Dara stood and wound down the window of his car to talk to her. "Yah," he called out, "do you need a ride?"

 

Dara looked momentarily surprised before replying in that polite tone that made his blood boil. It was a tone she often used for strangers she'd just met. As if they were just mere acquaintances. Unknown to him, he had treated her the same way just a few days before.

 

"No thank you, I have my own form of transport."

 

Gritting his teeth, he repeated his offer.

 

"Do you need a ride?"

 

"I said no!"

 

"Why not!"

 

"Because I have my own transport! That's why!"

 

"And what form of transport is it?"

 

At this, Dara faltered in her comeback. She knew Jiyong could get insanely jealous of other men sometimes in the past, but he shouldn't feel the same now, right? Still, she wasn't willing to risk it.

 

"Why does it matter to you?" She shot back defiantly.

 

"Because you're my wife! I have to look after you!"

 

When a cold look overtook Dara's pretty features, Jiyong knew he had taken a wrong step forward.

 

Obligation? So he felt obligated to take care of her because she was his wife? His reponsibility? "You don't have to feel responsible, if that's what you're worried about. I can take care of myself just fine." Jiyong glared at her from his seat in the car. "Get in."

 

"I told you already! I have my own transport!" When Jiyong showed no signs of backing down, Dara raised a point. "Don't you have to go and pick her up as well?" When Jiyong's eyes flashed as he remembered Sohee, she knew she was right. "So go off, and leave me alone!"

 

"Just tell me how you're going to get to your office, and then I'll go!"

 

"You just have to know that I have my own way of transport!"

 

"And what is it?" Jiyong saw Dara's hesitation at telling him the truth again. His eyes narrowed at her. "I don't think it's the bus, is it?"

 

Before she could reply, a sleek, black sports car slid into place in front of Jiyong, as if mocking him. A tall, broad-shouldered man got out of it smoothly and walked towards Dara, taking slow and measured steps, looking extremely confident and sure of himself. He was dressed neatly in a black shirt and pants, and was wearing a pair of sunglasses.

 

Jiyong watched, incredulous, as the man took hold of Dara's hand as if it were oh-so-natural, and helped her with her bag. Anger boiled through his bloodstream when said man kissed both of Dara's cheeks, and Jiyong snarled as the man lingered for a fraction longer than necessary.

 

Dara watched Jiyong as he clenched his fists against the wheel, confused as to why Jiyong was so angry. After all, he had Sohee, and it wasn't like she was committing some heinous crime by asking for a lift to work from another man.

 

Jiyong's eyes widened even more when Dara kissed him back on both of his cheeks as well.

 

Who the hell is that guy?

 

What the hell is happening?

 

He spluttered angrily and glared at Dara when she finally met his gaze. The man placed a hand around her around her waist, on her hip, as if laying his claim and Jiyong muttered all sorts of threats under his breath. Recognising the familiar symptoms of Jiyong's growing anger and jealousy, Dara decided for a quick getaway. She placed her hand on the man's arm and hissed to him, "Let's get out here. Quickly."

 

"Aye aye, Ma' am." The guy in front of her winked as he took down his sunglasses and with a hold on Dara's hand, tugged her to his car and opened the door for her.

 

Before she got in, she glanced back at Jiyong, only to see a very angry, fuming dragon shooting her eye daggers. She could almost hear him saying, 'We'll talk about this later'. Managing a weak smile that she sent to him, she stepped into the car and collapsed onto the soft leather of the car seat. As her door slammed shut, the man smirked arrogantly at Jiyong before getting into the car as well and drove off.

 

Jiyong gaped at the dust left behind, not believing what the hell had just happened.

 

*** ***

 

"Jaejoong, that wasn't very nice," Dara scolded the grinning man beside her as he drove comfortably.

 

"I couldn't resist teasing that bastard. After all, he has been rather ridiculous towards you," Jaejoong shrugged while smirking, "it was fun anyway."

 

"Still..."

 

"He probably didn't recognise me," Jaejoong grinned and slid his sunglasses back into place.

 

Chuckling, Dara shook her head and sat back, feeling rested and at ease. "So how much time do you have left?" He said softly.

 

Dara stilled. She had told Jaejoong about her health and what had happened with Jiyong. After all, he was her colleague, she needed a lift, plus, he had to know why she was going to be absent from work when she would be too weak to move around much. Other than eat, drink, and walk a move steps.

 

"Less than a month, I think. One day less?"

 

Jaejoong smiled sadly at her. "We're all going to miss you, Sandy." She rolled her eyes at his nickname for her. "I know."

 

"You really should tell your family at least... Or maybe Jiyong?"

 

"You know how he is right now," Dara said, "Besides, you know I'm not going to change my mind. Now let's hurry up, we're late for work. Heechul will be mad."

 

"You know he's Sohee's ex right?" Jaejoong gave her a weird stare and she nodded mildly. "Yea."

 

"Sometimes, you care for others too much, amd don't give a damn about yourself."

 

"How polite, Jae. How very polite."

 

"Shut up."

 

*** ***

 

Sohee frowned as she waited for her friend Sulli. They had agreed to meet up during lunch time, and Sulli was late. Jiyong was late when he went to pick her up from her house as well. He seemed distracted as well, his mind far far away from her this time. What was wrong with him?

 

"Oh my god! Sohee! I have big news!" Her friend rushed towards her, dark chocolate curly hair flowing out behind her. Sulli was panting as she plopped down on the seat in front of Sohee. "You know Seungri?"

 

Sohee stared back with a 'are you kidding me' look, and Sulli paused. "Of course you don't know him! Oops! Anyway, he's my colleague, and he was telling me about his girlfriend, Chaerin. He said that she seemed rather distraught of late, and he was really concerned about her. He was really shocked when she told her what was wrong," Sulli paused to take a breath. "And truthfully, when I heard it from him, I was rather shocked as well."

 

"Well?" Sohee prompted her friend to continue.

 

"Chaerin is Dara's doctor. It has been confirmed that Dara's dying of cancer, well, to be exact, tumours growing in her body, and she only has a month left to live!"

 

It was all said in a rush, and Sohee remained emotionless as she took in the news, deciphering the words one at a time. When the words finally clicked in her brain, she gasped. "Dara has what!?"

 

"She's dying, and thats what matters!" Sulli groaned. "She's dying, Sohee! And you just made it worse for her by ruining her happiness with Jiyong!"

 

"Oh, ," Sohee mouthed the words in horror, realising what she had done. "Does anyone know?"

 

"No one, absolutely, NO ONE, knows except for Chaerin and a few of her colleagues. Not even her family!"

 

Both girls stared at each other, shock and horror painted on their faces.

 

Sohee was reeling from the news. She wasn't glad. Far from it. She was shocked, and horrified, and even disgusted with herself. The extremity of what she had done was now visible to her eyes, and she gasped, tears forming in her eyes. Sure, her husband left her, but Dara was dying, and not she. And yet, she destroyed whatever extra happiness Dara could have before she passed on.

 

"Oh god," Sohee whispered. "What have I done?"

 

 


 

Dundundundunnnnn. now sohee knows as well!

:) as it is exams perioud right now, I shall only be focusing on one of my fics to finish,

and since this shall be the shortest, I plan to finish this first before continuing the others!

Also because of the overwhelming response for this fic so far, :3

I thought you wouldn't be very happy if I were like...

 

HEY THERE! I WON'T BE CONTINUING THIS FIC TILL DECEMBER! <3

 

haha, so I chose this fic to finish first!

If any of you subscribed to my other fics, do be patient because I'll never abandon them! :) heh.

 

xoxo.

 

My Heart Was Taken By You,

Broken By You And Now,

Is In Pieces Because Of You.