Trap

Just For Awhile More

 

 

[3rd Person's POV]

 

"Alright, Jiyong. Drop me off here. Thanks so much, baby." Leaning over the console, Sohee pressed a kiss onto Jiyong's cheek. He smiled charmingly back in reply, the dimple on his left cheek only serving to make him look more dashing.

 

If this wasn't a game to her, she might've fallen for him for real.

 

"No problem."

 

"Remember what you have to do when you get home, alright?" At this, Jiyong hesitated.

 

"If we want to be together, it's the only way..." She trailed off, widening her eyes in an attempt to look innocent and hurt. "Unless you don't to be with me anymore..."

 

"Of course I still want to be with you!"

 

Perfect. He was falling into her trap.

 

"Then you'll have to file for a divorce. I don't want to share my man with anyone else." To seal the act, she threw in a pout, making her bottom lip jut out slightly. Of course, he fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Gathering her into his arms, he pressed soft kisses onto her hair, "Silly girl, I will."

 

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

 

"Yea. Love you," he pecked her lips as she murmured the same words back.

 

The woman smiled, satisfied as she climbed out of the car, silky black hair flowing in the breeze, leaving behind a cloyingly sweet scent of candies and apples. Sweet. A cold smirk formed on her lips when the car was finally out of sight. Sandara Park, you're going to get what you deserve.

 

*** ***

 

Parking the car swiftly, he clambered out, briefcase in one hand, loosening his tie nervously. He didn't really know how to break the news to her. His wife. Dara.

 

An innocent, happy-go-lucky girl that caught his eye instantly in university. He remembered the first time he first looked at her. Her lips pulled up into a breathtaking grin, eyes glimmering with happiness and joy. Her brown hair was flowing behind her back, trapped in a ponytail with a few tendrils framing her pretty face.

 

It had been love at first sight.

 

He had approached her and asked her out on a few dates. As time passed, she fell in love with him. When they had graduated, they continued to keep in touch, going on dates, getting to know each other even more. After five years, he decided to marry her. They were young, but so what?

 

Only love mattered.

 

He had proposed to her at the beach, in the midst of having a picnic at night with lighted candles.

 

Jiyong smirked quietly to himself. He was going to propose to Dara Park.

 

The reason? There was no one else he wanted to spend his life with. She was the only one. He was sure of it.

 

Hiding the ring in a glass of wine when she turned around to watch the stars, he was sure that she would find it.

 

"The stars are pretty tonight Jiyong," Dara smiled at him, and his heart skipped a beat at her tender expression. "Thank you for bringing me out..."

 

"Yea," he shrugged, smiling.

 

To Jiyong's horror, Dara reached for the glass and downed the wine in one gulp. The ring was nowhere to be found! When Dara caught sight of his face pulled to an expression of shock, she had burst into giggles, saying, "Jiyong, you look so funny right now!"

 

"What's so funny! You just gulped down the ring that I bou-"

 

"It's here, silly!" Sticking out her tongue at him playfully, revealing the ring dangling from it and Jiyong sighed in relief. "Thank god."

 

"I'll marry you!" Still giggling, she lunged for him, tackling him to the ground. "You will?"

 

"Of course I will! I love you! And I don't wanna spend my life with anyone else but you!"

 

As the scene faded from his mind, Jiyong sighed, his wife's words haunting him. What was he going to do to her? The woman who loved him so much, and spent fifteen years of her life with him. Heck, he was practically throwing them away right now. Things between them were rather rough, what with stress from their work and that was when Sohee appeared.

 

She had applied for the job to be his personal assisstant. During the interview, she was confident, soft, and beautiful. He had never seen such deep, black eyes before, and the way they shined called out to him. So he hired her. That was eight months ago. Through that time he spent with her, she had snagged his heart out of Dara's grip into hers, and he fell head over heels in love with her.

 

Their affair had gone on for some time now, and Jiyong suspected Dara knew about it. Not entirely, but she knew that her husband was no longer faithful to her. She began distancing herself from him, solely concentrating on her work, and their son. She stopped asking why he came home so late at night, and left home so early in the morning.

 

As his relationship with Sohee continued, his feelings for her strengthened. Just when they were going along well, Sohee brought up her demand for him to leave Dara. To file for a divorce. If he didn't, then she would break up with him, and Jiyong didn't want that.

 

So now, here he was, standing uncertainly in front of the door to his own home. The idea for the divorce seemed unreal and out of grasp when Sohee brought it up, yet now, it seemed clearer, firmer. He was going to do this.

 

Before his hand could touch the door, it flung open by itself and showed a ten year old boy grinning at him before jumping at his father. Jiyong caught him easily, the way his son lunging at him reminding him too much of how Dara used to do the same.

 

"Appa! You're home!"

 

"I'm home." Jiyong smiled at Jirin, and received a full-out grin from his son, again, reminding Jiyong of how Dara used to smile like that in the past. The similarities between Dara and their son's facial features were too alike. It brought a strange ache to his heart which he firmly pushed down. I have to do this

 

"Have you eaten dinner?"

 

"Yep! Eomma saved a share for you as well!"

 

"I want to talk to Eomma, so, be a good boy and run off to your room first alright? Appa'll talk to you later."

 

"Alrighty!" His son shouted to the kitchen. "Eomma! Appa's back from work!"

 

Upon hearing her son shouting, Dara wiped her hands dry and left the kitchen, meeting her husband's solemn gaze. It was going to happen. Tonight. She could tell in his eyes, the way they seem filled with regret. She paused at the door, feeling afraid to continue the nightmare occuring to her.

 

When Dara stopped just outside the kitchen door, staying at her spot, Jiyong walked forward himself, placing Jirin on his feet along the way. Jirin scampered off to his room like his Appa told him to, unaware of what was about to happen to his family.

 

They were alone now.

 

"Dara, we need to talk."

 


 

ehe, so it isn't going to be a oneshot after all OTL

I seem incapable of writing a oneshot since I tend to ramble!

Please tell me what you think! :) If you want me to continue that is...

 

xoxo. 

 

If you love something, let it go;

If it comes back to you, it's yours;

And if it doesn't, it never was.