hospital beds are meant for...

my wushu teacher likes me

   

C H A P T E R   7 ~ HOSPITAL BEDS ARE MEANT FOR...

 

 

"stop crying."

tae-hee looked up, and tao struggled to sit up. he groaned and grimaced at the pain, and tae-hee began to help him, "why are you crying if you never really liked me? i just got shot by a small bullet that's all." he said in a hoarse voice. tae-hee bit her lower lip, "i was worried."

he smiled, "aw, how sweet." she flushed and shifted in her chair and looked the other way. the door swung wide open, and wu-fan stormed in and glared at tao, not even saying a polite "hello". tao looked at him and gave him a friendly grin, "hey, wu-fan. what brings you here?" he asked. tae-hee stared at wu-fan, but he seemed to be concentrated on tao.

"did you really get shot?" he asked. tao nodded in reply, and wu-fan sighed and looked at tae-hee and grabbed her wrist, "come on, your mom told me to take you home. she got worried that you got shot too." he said and began to drag her out. "no! i'm going to watch over tao. i was the one who caused this to happen." she said trying to shake off his grip. 

he let go and stared at her, "tae-hee! you could be shot if you try to return home tonight. it's best if i take you now." wu-fan gave her a sad look and she looked away and stared at tao, "i'm staying here until he get's better. tell my mom to bring my stuff over. she'll be happy i'm being caring." 

tao looked at tae-hee and wu-fan, "you guys shouldn't fight over her staying here. tae-hee, you can go home and bring back your mom. she'll be glad to tell my mom..." tae-hee glared at him and he stopped, "or you can stay here, and your mom can come over." 

wu-fan scoffed and walked out, not even closing the door. tae-hee closed the door for him and sighed, "i'm sorry for the trouble i'm causing you. you get shot, and now wu-fan hates you." "what are you saying? he's hated me since you've came. i think he wants to strangle me in a dark corner..." tao replied. tae-hee sat beside him, "looks like it." 

he grabbed her hand and smiled, "tae-hee, are you... interested in me?" he asked. she pulled back her hand and widened her eyes, "no. i'm just being nice because you got shot by a man that wanted to kidnap me and me that's all." tao snickered, "are you sure? he looked like he wanted to sell you drugs, not you. you're not that pretty." 

she hit him on his arm, "yes i am!" tao laughed and smiled, "that's my tae-hee." he kissed the back of her hand, and she blushed, "what's with you? aren't you being a little emotional? don't tell me you're going through a late puberty....." she joked. tao pulled in her close, "don't lie to me because i'm already hurt enough. will you go out with me?" 

tae-hee bit her lower lip staring into his eyes and stormed out of her chair, "maybe...i should think about this. i should get going home now." she said and walked out of the door and waved. her legs were shaking and she wobbled down the hallway to the elevator. her heart was racing, and she was breathing hard. "are you okay?" a patient asked her. she smiled and nodded and sighed. no she wasn't.

 

 

"i told you to come home with me." the person beside tae-hee said. she looked at him and saw wu-fan, "how did you know i was on here?" she asked. "it's pretty easy seeing you walk your way into the bus." he said and smiled. she rolled her eyes and sighed, "i'm tired. i'm going to sleep." she closed her eyes and leaned her head on the window, but wu-fan made her lay her head on his shoulder, "sleep on something that can give you a comfortable pillow, and give you warmth." he said. she sighed and gave up. she wasn't going to fight over this simple thing with him. not now.

 

 

"ann-yeong! how are you doing tao?" tao looked up to see tae-hee and her mom walk in. he smiled and she looked away obviously embarrassed and sat in the farthest chair, "seems like...uh... you have a lot of friends..." her mom said as she observed the many chocolates, flowers, teddy bears, etc. 

he nodded and kept his eyes on tae-hee, "i'm doing good. it's been a while since tae-hee had last visited." he said and smiled. her mom nervously laughed, "well, i didn't want her or anyone else to get hurt, so she hasn't been out of the house for a while. but, now that she's here... thank you so much tao. i'm so sorry you had to go through all that pain. my daughter can be so clueless sometimes." 

tae-hee looked away and puffed out her cheeks. she nodded at some parts and then glared at her mom at the end, "actually, i should be sorry. i've been in wushu, but i guess... i don't really use it outside of the building." tao smiled making her even more embarrassed. 

"tae-hee, i actually think i learned something from this. you really depend on me to help you." he said. tae-hee's mom nervously laughed and excused herself saying she was going to get something sweet to eat. tao pointed to the chair beside him, and tae-hee slowly sat in it. 

he pulled her into him with a grin plastered on his face. tae-hee could feel his hot breath on her, and looked away from his eyes, "tao, please." he hugged her, "tae-hee! i've missed you so much!" he squealed. she sighed with relief and giggled, "i thought you were being serious for the first time. i almost bursted into tears." 

tao laughed and parted the hug, "without seeing you for four days is like ... not seeing the sun for a thousand years. i felt withered and dry. dead and cold. ugly and-" "okay, okay, i get it." she interrupted with a smile. tao smiled back enjoying the moment of her shining smile. 

"how many fans of yours came?" she asked looking at the gifts, "about twenty-three... some kissed me, some hugged, and some just dropped by and walked away. i thought it was really sweet of them to care." he replied and grabbed a panda bear, "i'm thinking of sleeping with this little thing tonight. it's warmer and more cuddlier than you." he said and smiled.

"that's totally you." tae-hee replied and laughed. the door slowly opened and walked in wu-fan. again. he had one hand in his pocket, and his eyes were glued to the ground. tae-hee stiffened as she saw him, and practically stopped breathing. she gripped onto the chair, and tao stared at her hand as she did so.

he knew she didn't want to leave as much as he didn't want her.

wu-fan looked up and widened his eyes at tae-hee's appearance, "oh. hey tae-hee. nice to see you out of the house." he said and looked at tao. he seemed to tighten his jaw, and then relaxed it and sighed, "how are you tao?" he asked and walked over to the other side of the bed. tao gave him a small grin, "getting better." he replied. wu-fan nodded and scratched the back of his head, "so... i see all of your old girlfriends felt bad for you, and left you some trinkets....i mean gifts." he corrected. he picked up a bear and then put it back down, and looked at tae-hee.

"how long have you been here?" he asked totally ignoring tao's exsistence. tae-hee pursed her lips, "two days." she lied and smiled. tao snickered and then tried to stop smiling. wu-fan raised an eyebrow at the two, "you've slept here for two days? where? on that chair?" he asked worried.

tae-hee looked at tao, "where do you think is most reasonable? the arm-chair or the bed?" she asked raising an eyebrow. wu-fan looked away and flushed, "i'm sorry. i'll get going then." he said and walked out the door. tae-hee and tao began to burst out laughing as he left. as if she would ever sleep with him!

 

wu-fan cocked his head. tae-hee sleeping with tao? in a hospital bed? impossible. he smirked, totally impossible. she didn't like him like that. no. wu-fan patted his cheeks and sighed, he was officially going crazy over tae-hee.

 

 

"so, do you have an answer?" tao asked. he cocked his head, and a smile curled on his lips. tae-hee her lips and looked up, "well... i do like you, but ..." she looked at him. tao's eyes began to droop.

"tao... i really.... i-"

 

 

author's notes:

next chapter includes tae-hee's confession. does she like tao yet or not? i legitamentally don't know....