Return

my wushu teacher likes me

C H A P T E R   15 ~ RETURN 

 

Days passed and soon weeks began to tick away as Huang Zhitao ignored Tae-hee's existence. Meaningless rumors began to spread about their fight, and often, Tae-hee didn't have the courage to fight against the constant talk about her and Tao. It was true--their relationship had ended and there was no more to it.

Honestly, Tae-hee was beginning to feel guilt weigh heavily in her chest. Everyday was a pain to even attend the same school as he, and it was to the point where Tae-hee had to stay at home and rest.

"Are you okay?" Wu Yi Fan shook Tae-hee back into reality. Her eyelids were heavy and her pallor complexion was awfully worse than usual. He pressed the back of his hand against her forehead and cursed under his breath flustering to the kitchen trying to find a damp towel.

Tae-hee lied on her sofa unable to move an inch. Her hair was disheveled and plastered against the nape of her neck and her forehead due to the immense amounts of sweat building up. She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes feeling her body's heat rise.

Yi Fan pressed a cold towel against her forehead and patted it against her pale cheeks. Her lips were chapped--the normally rouge color faded and the crusty dead skin hung on her lower lip. 

Sweat poured down the sides of her cheeks and she moaned in pain feeling a terrible pain in her head.

"We need to get you to a hospital, Tae-hee," Yi Fan mumbled placing his hands under her body, but she fidgeted and shook her head, "I can't go back there again."

Her male friend tightened his jaw and arched an eyebrow, "You need to see a doctor immediately. You're really sick!" Tae-hee shook her head and began to breath harder, "I'm just going to make everyone worry, and I'll be labeled weak."

"You're sick!" 

The house was silent and Yi Fan's scream of panic echoed through the rooms. Tae-hee gazed at her friend through her glassy, teary eyes and she slowly nodded, "Fine, I'll go." 

 

 

 

Hours passed and Tao pressed his forehead against the door leading to Tae-hee's room. It wasn't long ago since he had been here with Tae-hee and she had rece again. 

He bit his lower lip--at least Yi Fan had the courage to call him to the hospital. Tao opened the door slowly and stared at Tae-hee. Her hair was neatly sprawled against the pillow, but although she seemed peaceful, her body said otherwise. As he took a step into the room, she groaned and stirred in her sleep a tear rolled down her cheek.

He was tempted to step towards her and hold onto her hand, but he hesitated and took a step back. Tao had already promised himself to not attend Tae-hee ever again. 

She's just a girl playing with your pathetic heart, Tao. He chanted in his head. He turned his back and headed towards the door until he heard her faint cry.

"Come back, Tao. I miss you." 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Short update. I apologize for not updating for almost a year! I totally forgot about this! I AM SOOOO SORRY IF YOU REALLY WERE INTO THIS STORY I FEEL UTTERLY TERRIBLE. If you're upset please forgive meeeeee!~

I promise to update a much longer chapter SOON!