a farewell and a greeting

my wushu teacher likes me

   

C H A P T E R   11 ~ A FAREWELL AND A GREETING 

 

 

back as a sweet and intelligent thirteen-year-old, wu yi fan had just moved to china, and heo tae-hee had left for korea. the past may not have to do anything with the future, but maybe... there was a small piece of information that was left out. why did wu-fan not like zhitao? why did zhitao give wu-fan cold stares? 


 

"did you hear? heo tae-hee left for korea! she gets to live in the country where h.o.t first formed! my mom was in love with them! i love shinwha! maybe she might meet them. i'm so jealous." girls squealed and giggled. zhitao sat in the corner of the room propping his foot on the desk in front of him.

the bell rang and all the students shuffled to their seats loudly talking to each other from one end of the room to the other. paper planes thrown, and the girls quickly put away their mirrors, brushes, and make-up. the teacher walked in with her usual hip-sway and tossed a chunk of hair over her shoulder.

the class's teacher was a single young lady who believed age doesn't matter, and likes to show off her "super-model" hot bod. even though, she's technically too old for the kids, and isn't the brightest woman in the world. 

"we have a transfer student. funny that tae-hee left, and another comes in. please welcome our new student, wu yi fan." she said with her usually high perky voice. it screeched in all the other student's ears, but some actually liked it. 

a long-legged, fair skin, thirteen-year-old boy walked into class with a serious look on his face. the girls sat up straighter and the boys turned their attention to the boy. he was taller than the average male student body, and he had a nice appearance. 

"well, it's not tae-hee, but he's pretty nice." a girl whispers. zhitao smirked and crossed his arms across his chest. wu-fan bowed and his face stayed the same, "hello. i'm wu yi fan, please call me wu-fan. it's a pleasure to meet you all." he said and bowed once more, then the teacher smiled.

"you should sit beside huang zhitao in the back corner. sorry, but there aren't any more seats open besides that one." the teacher informed. the classmates began to whisper, "that's tae-hee's." "zhitao's going to be so pissed." "how could he?" they whispered. 

the mature thirteen-year-old boy walked to the back and sat beside the dark eyed boy. his head hung low, "that's not open to just anyone." he mumbled.

wu-fan raised an eyebrow, "excuse me, but the teacher said i could sit here." he said and began to sit down. zhitao glared at the taller boy, but didn't reply. the girls whipped their heads back towards the front, and the teacher smiled and introduced the new lesson of the day.

 

"huang zhitao... urrr... now that heo tae-hee had left for um, korea... well, i was um, wondering if you'd like to, um..." zhitao looked at the girl, "what did you say?" he asked. his eyes cold and sharp, and the girl bit her lower lip, "never mind. um, i hope tae-hee comes back." she said turning red in the face and quickly sat back in her seat.

wu-fan looked at the boy, "you should be a little nicer. the world is not about to end." he snapped. zhitao looked at him, "the only person who made me nice left. now, i don't even try. if she's not here to cheer me up, i'm not." he replied and looked away. 

the transfer raised an eyebrow at zhitao and rolled his eyes. his classmate had been gloomy since the first day. girls swarmed the two, but they both paid no attention. one was mourning over his love, the other angered by his new town. 

 

 

"listen, huang zhitao, you need to stop weeping over this girl, and start getting your head on straight. i don't care if she was the one, all i want is a good year, and you're making it stink like crap." wu-fan coldly said as he pushed zhitao on the brick wall of the school. girls whipped their heads to the boys and slowly watched from afar. 

zhitao smirked and glared at wu-fan, "shut up. you don't know what you're talking about." he snapped and threw his fist across wu-fan's cheek. the transfer touched his bruised cheek and stared with his mouth open, at zhitao.

"that girl was my only friend. the only person that could make my days sunny. if you say something mean about her, i'll beat you up. you don't even know her." zhitao said. wu-fan raised an eyebrow, "violence is not how you can solve all your problems." 

zhitao kicked wu-fan, and snarled, "i can do things my own way if i want to." girls rushed to wu-fan's side, and zhitao leisurely walked away with his hands in his pockets. wu-fan wiped the small amount of blood from his lips.

 

 

 

after a few years of ignoring each other, wu-fan and zhitao learned to not talk or look at each other. zhitao became happier as the years grew older, and then came back heo tae-hee. the girl zhitao talked about 24/7.

 

author's notes:
this chapter was to tell about the past. not very good.... hopefully in the next chapter, i'll write some happier and funny chapters. i'm busy with school, sports, and psats that i don't have enough time to write.