The Truth

my wushu teacher likes me

C H A P T E R   16 ~ THE TRUTH 

 

Haung Zhitao couldn't do it. His heart stammered in his chest and he gritted his teeth feeling his chest constrict hearing Tae-hee's desperate plea. He couldn't allow her to suffer without him by her side, but the memories of her hurt him more. Zhitao stared at Tae-hee with a quizzing brow.

"What?" 

Tae-hee held her breath at his voice. It had been days since she last heard him speak to her and it sounded so much heavier with a sharp edge. His tone could have cut her heart if she hadn't been half-awake at the moment. She in a deep breath and gazed up at her old friend, "I... I miss you."

Tao gulped and sighed heavily, "Well... You see me now so there's no reason to miss me." Tae-shook her head, tears stung her eyes threatening to fall. Her fingers curled around Tao's wrist pulling him near her and her breath quavered the closer she pulled him. Zhitao noticed what she was doing and pulled away, "Tae-hee, I'm not who you're looking for. Get some rest. I hope you get well soon."

He turned his back to her, shaking off her loose grip but Tae-hee choked out a sob, "Do you really? Zhitao, I've been missing you like crazy and all you want to do is leave me? Do you even know how much I've wanted to hear your voice? You were my best friend and the only person who could make me smile. I don't want to lose you."

Tao turned back to Tae-hee and his eyes hardened, "You should have told me that before... before you decided to become Wu Yi Fan's. You obviously chose him over me plenty of times. Tae-hee, I've given you too many opportunities and I'm tired of chasing you. You might like playing this sick little game of being the damsel in distress, but I can't handle it anymore." Tae-hee's lower lip trembled at his words and she gulped.

"Tao," he turned and started to walk to the door, "I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for playing with your heart, but I have to admit that I've started to like you. I even tried pushing Wu Fan away..." 

"How am I to believe you? You could be making out with him and trying to corner me at the same time. Tae-hee, I'm just sick and tired of you." Tao confessed biting his lower lip. He raked his fingers through his choppy hair and sighed heavily. Tae-hee choked back her sob and pulled her knees to her chest, "I'm really sorry Tao, but I don't want things to be like this anymore. After you left me... I noticed how much I depended my happiness on you. You're the only person who can make me feel warm inside, and you've always been since when we were little."

Tao slowly made his way to the hospital bed and took Tae-hee's cold hand into his. He rubbed his thumb over her knuckles and sat down beside her, "I'm pleased to hear this, but I need to know if you're willing to put effort in this relationship. I'm not asking you to marry me or date me, but I really want you to put in some sort of action. I don't want to be the only person trying to build up our relationship."

"I promise, but first, I have a condition."

"Um, what is it?" Tao responded.

Tae-hee nervously gazed at the dark eyed male and shyly grinned, "Would you mind changing your teaching style in the wushu school? It's not that I hate the way you're teaching--I love it--it's just, we aren't being taught like how you and I were. Tao, we learned to be the best, but at your wushu school, all the students ever do is fawn over you and your wushu skills. It's kind of just a show-off for your wushu skills."

Tao pursed his lips, "Are you... are you serious?"

"Am I joking?" Tae-hee sarcastically snorted and smiled.

"I never noticed that," Tao responded and slipped his hand from Tae-hee's, "I need to get going. I'll drop by tomorrow."

Tae-hee nodded with a smile.

Finally, everything had been put back into their pieces.

For now.

 

Author's Note: 

Sorry again for a late update! I'm more active on Wattpad nowadays (@soireetoile) where I have more of my latest works posted. I hope to finish this up and edit all of the earlier chapters. If some of you haven't noticed my writing style hasn't changed and I don't want to continue looking at my earlier works. Thanks for reading! Please leave comments~