Chapter 8... The new couple...

Yeteuk... Black Velvet

 

 Yesung lightly opened his eyes. Light. Sunlight flooded the apple green room. The young man blinked a few times, his vision adjusting to the vivid glow. He looked around still half asleep. Suddenly, Yesung remembered his mother's orders... “You're going to school tomorrow, even if your friend's still sick..., You'll visit him afterward...”

 

Yesung jumped. He looked at the bedside table... five twenty two... He was eight minutes early. The young cat sighed in relief and let himself drop on the bed... on the bed?!... not on the bed... on Leeteuk... Only when his cheek brushed Teuki's bare chest did Yesung remember he was on top of the elder, and... his eyes went planetary when his body felt Leeteuk's,... and that they were ...

 

Yesung blushed. Like in japanese anime, his face changed colours progressively; from the bottom to the top, slowly rising like a thermometer in july. The young man painfully restrained a shriek. Teuki was peacefully asleep, so he didn't want to wake him by screaming like a teenage girl.

 

Gradually, Yesung came down, his panic level dropped a few notches. He contemplate Leeteuk's gentle face. He was so handsome... more beautiful than an angel... Yesung smiled. Slowly, he bent down, his eyes shut, his lips searching Teuki's... Yesung stopped.

 

The young cat sighed, tears appearing in his dark eyes. He was in love with that man... long ago... and still today, but... He couldn't... he couldn't steal his kiss... not like this... Instead, his lips brushed against Teuki's soft cheek.

 

Yesung smiled.

 

- I'll make you mine... once more..., he whispered, tightly hugging his elder.

 

Yesung got dressed. He had to leave for school. But before doing so, the young man clothed Leeteuk. He couldn't leave him like that. He would freeze without Yesung's warmth above him.

 

The bus arrived just on time as it always did. Yesung got on. He stared emptily through the window, thinking about his friend, hoping that Leeteuk would feel better soon. He would definitely stop by this afternoon.

 

School was boring. Even more so without Teuki's bright smile cheering up everyone and everything... Yesung huffed and puffed through most of his classes and slept through the others. Classes like ethics and religious culture hit his snooze button pretty hard, but he had to concentrate in maths and french even if he didn't feel like it. Most of the time though, while the teachers explained and elaborated on their subjects, Yesung would daydream about the other day, when he saved Leeteuk and they kissed... their first kiss... The young man blushed. But, somewhere between third and fourth period, his lovesick smile turned into an interrogation. One of his brows rose, while the other pouched upon his lower eyelid. Was it really their first kiss?...

 

Yesung was starting to clearly remember his past. He knew Teuki was part of his life back then. He knew Teuki was very important to him, but... the young man couldn't actually see himself kissing Leeteuk. Never the less, Yesung felt it... His body remembered what his mind still couldn't...

 

Instinctively, Yesung's finger brushed his lips. He smirked, lowering his eyes. “I'll make you mine... once more... I promise...”, Yesung pledged to himself and to Teuki.

 

Before leaving the establishment, the young man went to see the principal. The old man assured him that the guy responsible for almost drowning Leeteuk was suspended until further notice. Yesung smiled, happy that this creep was punished for what he did. The headmaster sighed, deeply exasperated by this inadmissible conduct. He frankly admitted he was ashamed that one of his students would risk another's safety like this and asked Yesung if he knew where Teuki's parents were. The principal wanted to apologize to them, personally.

 

- There's another example of inadmissible conduct..., muttered the young cat to himself,... No... I think their busy with work... I'll give them your regards, he then added out loud, shaking hands with the head of the school.

 

Yesung left. Part happy that jerk got expelled, but still furious that he didn't suffer harsher consequences. If he hadn't come in time, that moron would've... The young man clenched his teeth and fists. He closed his eyes, trying to calm down and think of something else instead.

 

Unfortunately, Yesung couldn't go back to Teuki's house just yet. He had to stop by his home and have a change of clothes and some pyjamas. There was no way he would leave Leeteuk alone tonight...

 

When he entered the house, The young cat felt an ominous aura; his mom's...

Yesung hadn't even made two steps inside, that his mother was all over him about last night.

 

- So?... What happened?!, she asked with an unusually playful voice,... Did you do anything... “suspicious”?!, she added, way too curious, Did you go to school this morning?! Will you visit this boy tonight?!..., she continued harassing him.

 

- Mom! Breathe! First off, nothing happened, ok, I just kept him warm, that's all..., interrupted Yesung, blushing, recalling last night's “events”,... Second, yes I was at school and the principal told me the guy responsible for hurting Teuki is suspended... And yes I will visit him. I'm also staying the night, again, he added, pissed by this enquiry,... Oh and while I'm on the subject, his parents are nowhere to be found! It's an outrage!, Yesung yelled, not happy about Leeteuk's parents' behaviour.

 

- Don't blame them... It's not their fault... They... They work out of town. They can't be reached, unfortunately, announced Yesung's mom, sadness taking over her expression.

 

- What?!... How do you know that?!..., the young man rose a brow.

 

- I asked around! It's my job... You know better than that, Ye..., she cut him off, kissing his forehead,... What?! Did you say you would spend the night there,... again?! The hell you are!, she yelled, changing the subject all of a sudden...

 

- Yes I am! You said I could last night, remember?! Plus it's the weekend, I have no school and no homework... I don't wanna stay home and be bored out of my skull, staring at the walls, or worst, helping Jin with his weird cat experiments. You know how he gets in cat form, pleaded Yesung, trying to get his mother's approval for a second sleepover.

 

- Yes... you've got a point..., said Mrs Kim, lost in thought,... You really care for him... don't you... Alright, she sighed,... but nothing stupid and no cat tricks. Is that clear, she added, becoming serious again.

 

- Thanks mom!, shouted the boy, kissing his mom on the cheek.

 

- I couldn't stop you even if I wanted to... I never could when it came to Leeteukie... Ah, love..., she whispered to herself, smiling, as Yesung went to his room to get ready.

 

Yesung left as fast as he'd entered. He ran to Teuki's house, not caring about the side glances people gave him as he sprinted past them.

 

The young man arrived at his destination panting, trying to catch up with his breathing. A cat or not, running like he did, anyone would be breathless. After a few seconds, he rang the door bell and waited patiently for Leeteuk to answer. It felt like an eternity'd gone by when the door finally receded, revealing a familiar face, brighter than the sun in mid day.

 

Leeteuk's smile only widened as his dongsaeng jumped in his arms, relieved to see he was feeling better. The elder invited his friend in and they sat in the living room, chatting about what they'd missed yesterday and today's new materials. Yesung had trouble recalling the details of today's lessons. After all, his head was stuck in the clouds the whole time. Even so, Teuki was able to take notes and when they were finished, Yesung told Leeteuk the good news about the bastard's expulsion.

 

Teuki sighed in relief. He still had goosebumps, thinking back about that awful episode. Well... maybe not that awful... he did get to kiss Yesung after all... The elder blushed. Yesterday's events were a bit sketchy, but Leeteuk could remember Yesung singing... his great omelet... the young man's lips against his... his body against his...

 

- Would you sing for me?, Leeteuk finally asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

- What?!..., the young man answered, confused.

 

- Please,... I was unconscious most of the time yesterday and I know you sang to make me feel better, but... I never got to really hear your voice..., he pleaded, pouting in the cutest way possible,... You promised...

 

Yesung froze. “So... you heard me... I did mean what I said...”, the young man laughed interiorly. He closed his eyes... breathed deeply... Soon, his deep husky voice resonated...

 

So so dazzling

When you’re here, my heart starts pounding

To me you’re the only no.1...

 

I love you

 

 

Please come a little closer to me

I wanna hold your hands tight

This song is only for you...

 

I love you... forever...

 

Leeteuk closed his eyes. He overheard that song last night, but now... He could hear it loud and clear. It was so beautiful... Yesung's voice was perfect... more perfect than an angel's... The elder blushed softly. Suddenly, a flashback struck him...

 

Roses blooming softly in a gentle spring evening... A crowd of high dignitaries mounting in the garden... A concert... a private concert... A boy bravely taking the stage... his eyes desperately searching for someone... searching for him... A big smile appeared on his face as Leeteuk waved in his direction... “You can do it Ye... you're the best... saranghae...”, shouted the boy, blushing, his last word no louder than breath... Soon the young singer's deep husky voice resonated... “When you’re here, my heart starts pounding... I wanna hold your hands tight... This song is only for you... Teuki... I love you... forever...”

 

Slowly, Yesung's voice faded. Teuki opened his eyes, tears rolling down his cheeks, his face lit up by a beautiful smile.

 

- That... That was the most beautiful thing... I've ever heard... You're the best, Ye..., Leeteuk said, hugging his friend as tightly as he could.

 

- Thanks..., the young man whispered, blushing.

 

Leeteuk dried his face, his smile never fading. Yesung pulled Teuki in his arms, laying the elder's head on his chest. The two men laughed. It'd never occurred to them how silly it was to cry out of joy, up until now. At that moment, eight words resonated in Yesung's mind... “I'll make you mine once more... I promise...”, his own words echoed clearly through his head. The idea'd circled in his mind all day... It was now or never...

 

- Teuki-hyung,... can I... can I ask you something?, Yesung started, shaking, his heart accelerating.

 

- Yes... What is it?, asked Teuki, standing up, looking Yesung dead in the eyes.

 

- I... I..., he sighed, lowering his eyes, avoiding Leeteuk's gaze,... Can I stay here tonight? I'm worried about you and I don't want to leave you alone..., he finally answered, biting his lip, looking once more in Teuki's sweet chocolaty eyes.

 

- Yeah... Sure! I'd be happy to have you as my guest, permitted the elder.

 

Yesung smiled bitterly. This wasn't at all what he wanted to tell Leeteuk. “I guess it will be never then, huh?”, mentally sighed the young man frustrated with his weakness. “I will tell you Teuki, I... I just don't know when...”, he added biting his lip again, trying not to cry.

 

- Hey, do you want to eat something?!, asked Leeteuk, breaking the undesirable silence that'd managed to impose itself.

 

- No thanks. I had dinner with my mom. Sorry, answered Yesung, a bit disappointed.

 

- Could... Could you make me some of your AWESOME omelet... I... I haven't eaten all day..., shyly begged Teuki, blushing.

 

- You haven't eaten all day???! Of course I'll cook for you!! You just stay here! It won't take long, I promise!, shouted Yesung, outraged that his friend was starving.

 

The cat got around the kitchen just fine. He couldn't use his tail because Leeteuk's eyes didn't lose a single one of his gestures, so it took a little longer than last time, but the end result was the same. The young man handed the plate to Teuki who emptied it in less than fifteen minutes.

 

Yesung smiled, satisfied that his elder liked his cooking. After finishing his dinner, Teuki suggested they watch a movie or something, seeing as it was the weekend and he wasn't feeling like working on their oral. The young man gladly accepted and the two men ended up watching Two weeks notice, a romantic comedy. It was the only thing good enough on national television on a friday night.

 

The movie wasn't too bad. At one point, Yesung must have been completely absorbed by the film or half asleep, because he didn't notice Leeteuk was getting closer and closer until the elder embraced him, hugging him tightly... Yesung jumped. He stiffened under Teuki's touch and reddened as the elder haggled in his arms.

 

- What?! I told you I like hugs..., whispered Leeteuk, a sly smile showing his cute dimple.

 

Yesung swallowed. Words were forming in his head, but they refused to climb out of his throat. All he could do was blush and redirect his attention to the movie. Teuki frowned a bit. He was hoping for a different result, but he smirked some more when he saw Yesung's “interest”... “He will come around... He just needs time... and some incentive...”, thought the elder, smiling like he had a plan in mind.

 

The end of the movie was near. Yesung couldn't take Leeteuk's teasing anymore. Earlier, the elder purred softly in his ear, in THE spot, sending shivers throughout his body. Before that, Teuki ran his hand down the young man's torso, pretending it was unconscious... Yesung bit his lip. Leeteuk obviously wanted him to make his move, but how did he know? Instinct?...

 

The end... As Sandra Bullock french kissed Hugh Grant, Yesung turned to Leeteuk, he couldn't resist his feelings any longer. He gently cupped Teuki's jar. The elder smiled. That's what he'd been waiting for... Slowly, the young man's soft lips brushed Leeteuk's. The two men blushed. Yesung pulled back, staring Teuki straight in the eyes. He leaned in and, this time, he kissed Leeteuk breathless. The elder lightly parted the cat's lips, softly grazing the young man's tongue with his.

 

Yesung was shaking. His body covered with goosebumps as Teuki played with his velvety tongue. The two parted. Leeteuk smiled. He knew very well what Yesung wanted, he heard him this morning... The young man leaned in, resting his forehead on Teuki's. He breathed deeply. “Now's the time... I guess...”, he thought to himself before looking Leeteuk in the eyes...

 

- Teuki... I... I really like you... I think... I think I'm in love with you... Please... Will you be mine... once more..., whispered Yesung, his lips barely a millimetre away from Leeteuk's.

 

Teuki didn't answer. He didn't have to. His only response; kissing Yesung until they both gasped for air...

 

Suddenly a vision blurred the lovers' sight...

 

Two men kissing... A river nearby... The past... Their past... Yesung pulling Teuki by the arm, showing him around a harbour... A date...

 

They opened their eyes. Smiling in the kiss, they immediately guessed, but... they decided to ignore the flashback. What was important for now was the present...

 

The movie was over for quite some time now. The lovers didn't seem to care in the least. They were kissing passionately on the couch, Yesung on top of Leeteuk. After half an hour of , they stopped. They weren't ready go any further then kissing and the occasional hand “slip”... On top of everything, Teuki was still a bit sick and Yesung was tiered.

 

They decided to go to bed early so they would have all day to go out and do something fun. The two men went up stairs.

 

- Hmm... Teuki... where do you want me to sleep?!, asked Yesung, blushing, remembering the night before.

 

- With me... of course..., said the elder pulling on the young man's arm, a sly grin illuminating his face.

 

Leeteuk started removing his clothes and Yesung almost fainted.

 

- Wait... You can't change in front of me... I'll... I'll... go somewhere else..., said Yesung, his face becoming burgundy.

 

- Why?! We're guys and... you've already seen me ..., he said, getting closer to Yesung,... plus... you're my lover now..., he added kissing his friend passionately,... and I'll keep my undies this time..., he whispered, laughing.

 

Yesung didn't protest any more. He bit his lip. “Well... it's a bit unfortunate you'll keep 'em...”, thought the young man to himself, a bit disappointed... They changed into their pyjamas and snuggled under the covers.

 

Leeteuk pulled in Yesung closer to him. The young cat blushed. This was going to need some getting used to, but he'll manage... Teuki laid one last kiss on Yesung's lips before falling asleep, Yesung in his arms, peacefully dreaming.