Chapter 11... The angel's wings...

Yeteuk... Black Velvet

 

Leeteuk was waiting on the corner of a street, not far from the restaurant he and Yesung were supposed to have dinner. They weren't going to eat yet, it was a bit early, but seeing how they couldn't agree on a spot to meet, the two men had finally decided to get together near the restaurant. Teuki was ecstatic. He could barely stop himself from hopping on the spot. His big bright smile was impossible to camouflage and so, it shined on everyone who set eyes on the lovely angel.

 

As for Yesung, the young man was in a very tight situation. The massive brute smashed him against the cement floor. Luckily, Yesung didn't sustain any severe injuries. The assailant tried to punch the cat while he was down, but Yesung evaded swiftly. He was still flexible enough to avoid that overgrown savage. Being smaller had its advantages. The attacker clenched his teeth. He went after Yesung repeatedly, showering him with punches and kicks. The young man avoided most of them, but it was tiring and he couldn't keep up. One of the blows struck his abdomen...

 

At the paved crossing, Leeteuk's smile faded. His expression blanked, his whole body shut down... His eyes slowly closed. A wave of emotions rushed to his heart, making it difficult for him to breath... A string of images flashed in front of his closed eyes... Everything was clear... Leeteuk could see, feel, remember everything... His childhood, his duty, his relationship with Yesung... everything... even the events from three years ago had no secret for the guardian angel's mind...

 

Leeteuk was standing in the middle of a room... A room much like the old style castles in Korea... Blood everywhere, staining the walls and floors... Yesung's father lying in the middle of what appeared to be a battlefield... He and his family were ambushed in their home... They fought bravely, but it was the old man's time... He called Teuki to his side... “I'm dying my friend... I... I think you know... don't you... Our lives have always been related... If a person dies,... their guardian angel follows them, but... you and I both know... it will not be your case...”, said the elder, smiling. Leeteuk took his protege in his arms, crying softly. A sad smile appeared on the elder man's face... “I know you love him... I know you fell in love with Yesung... It's ok... I know I was harsh on you two... I'm sorry if I didn't seem supportive of you're feelings, but... if your love is pure and true..., he laughed softly, taking a deep breath,... No... I know your love is pure and true... I've always approved and always will... You boys are my family... I love you and you have my sincerest blessings... Teuki... I have a request...”, pleaded the old man. “Anything...”, whispered the guardian, tears of joy rolling down his cheeks. His heart was filled with pain and sorrow, but Yesung's father's approval meant the world to him... “I want you to protect him... Live!... for him... Take care of Yesung when I'm gone... He loves you and he needs you more than me...”, requested Yesung's father. “I will not disappoint you, sir... I promise... I will love and protect him... with all my heart and power...”, pledged Leeteuk...

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Guardian angels are assigned, from birth, to protect one person in particular. During that person's life, the guardian is attached only to their protege and can't develop feelings for the person they're protecting, much less another. A guardian angel must keep the promises he or she made to their person, no matter what it is. When that person dies, the angel no longer has a purpose and ceases to exist as well. Leeteuk broke every rule ever set by Heaven, except one... He never broke the promise he made to Yesung's father... He didn't die with his protege because he'd promised to love and protect another... Thus, Leeteuk had a purpose again, a duty to a new person... he became that person's guardian angel... he became Yesung's guardian angel. Unfortunately, as punishment for disobeying the law, he and his lover had to forget everything that'd happened. Leeteuk had to find his protege and fulfil his vow... to love and protect Yesung... with all his heart and power...

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Teuki's eyes opened wide. Everything happened so fast. He was dizzy, disoriented. His head hurt and his thoughts were still harassed by the visions of his past. Leeteuk was about to faint when, suddenly, he felt a sharp pain to his chest...

 

Yesung screamed, the pain spreading through his body. “Teuki... Help me...”, the young man whispered, tears flooding his eyes. He fell on his knees. Instantly, his pupils contracted, evolving into a narrow oval shape. His nails hardened and extended slightly. His ears stood up and dropped to the side, curving gently along his head. He was half unconscious, but ready to strike. The cat still couldn't control his powers properly. Instinct was his only weapon.

 

Unfortunately, his opponent had more than instinct; he had a knife...

 

A second flash of images blurred Leeteuk's vision. This time it was not the past unravelling, but the present... The angel could see a dark alley, far from everyone...Yesung... fighting a madman... blood flowing form his leg and forearm...

 

- No..., muttered Teuki, tears appearing in his eyes.

 

At that moment, Leeteuk could feel Yesung. Their souls were in sync... Their hearts were one... The connection between the guardian and the protege flowed without any obstructions.

 

Teuki ran to the closest alley. There, he made sure no one could see him and removed his shirt, allowing his wings to flow out of his body, spreading under the setting rays of the sun. It'd been a long time since he'd let them loose, but Leeteuk still remembered how to fly. He flapped once then twice, agitating the air around his feathers. His wings beat faster and faster until he took off, flying as swiftly as possible.

 

When Yesung saw Teuki, he couldn't believe his eyes. Beautiful pure white wings were carrying him trough the air. Suddenly, images of his past flowed into his mind, rapidly scrolling in front of his eyes... He could see their childhood... Their first kiss... He could feel Leeteuk's wings... He'd seen them before... Touched them... he could see... feel... remember everything... Even the day his father died...

 

The young cat closed his eyes, who reverted back to their normal shape. His ears hid inside his raven locks... His claws were merely nails again... Yesung could feel his knees give out under him. He was about to fall on the ground, unconscious, when a pair of arms wrapped around his heavy body. He felt so at peace in this warm hold, he was safe now... The young man opened his eyes. Leeteuk's radiant face illuminated. He was ok. Yesung was ok... That's all that mattered. Soft tears appeared in the angel's eyes.

 

- Angels shouldn't cry... Their beauty would be spoiled... You're always handsome, but... when you smile... my soul's at ease..., whispered Yesung, smiling sadly, wiping the tears off of Leeteuk's face.

 

- Are you ok?!..., asked Teuki, smiling despite his lover's state.

 

- Ha... You should see the other guy..., laughed Yesung.

 

Leeteuk glanced at the attacker. His body was cut up. Black bruises covered his face. Indeed, he'd sustained far worst injuries than Yesung. The cat'd fought ferociously. The guy was unconscious, but was coming to...

 

A bright light filled the obscure alley. Teuki's wings spread once more and he flew away, his lover in his arms. It was imperative they got away before that moron saw Leeteuk's wings and guessed his identity.

 

Yesung opened wide and amazed eyes. He'd always loved the sky, his head always floating amongst the clouds... The young cat used to imagine what it would feel like to fly... Turns out it was better than anything he'd hoped it would be. It was even better because he was in his lover's arms... The young man snuggled against Leeteuk's abs, resting his head on his bear chest. Yesung blushed softly. He was already feeling better, protected by his angel, healed by his lover's touch...

 

The two lovers were already far from where Yesung was hurt. Four dark silhouettes circled the brute who tried to kill the young cat. Their glowing eyes were filled with evil and anger...

 

- If anyone's going to kill that cat... It will be us... and certainly not a pathetic human like you..., said the leader of the assassins, his clod stare said it all...

 

A blade slid along one of his subordinates' arm. The malevolent feline struck without a second thought...

 

- Change of plans... The angel's house... tomorrow... We'll get the prince... even if we have to go through his lover..., ordered the head of the rebels, his yellowy gaze filled with resentment and hatred.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I hope you like this chapter and the story, of course!!! 

 
The action's only beginning!!!! ;P
 
I promise,... next chapter will be... CUUUTE!!! XD
 
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT GUYS!!!! SARANGHAE!!!! <3