Chapter 6... The common past...

Yeteuk... Black Velvet

 

Things happened so fast... Leeteuk's arm plunged first into the cool water. Next thing he knew, all his body was splashing, struggling to stay above the dangerous fluid. Sinking deeper, he heard the voice of the young kid who saved him so many years ago... He suddenly saw a flash, his mind went blank... All he could hear was that voice calling him back to life. He finally recognized who it belonged to... Yesung...

 

From the other side of the pool, Yesung witnessed the horror show that unfolded in front of his eyes. The guy that pulled Teuki was laughing. He kept yelling at him to stop pretending he couldn't swim, that it was a shameful sight and that he was just trying to get everyone's attention.

 

Yesung clenched his teeth and fists. The sound that escaped his throat resembled the cries of a lion. He quickly swam across the pool length that separated him from his friend.

 

The teacher didn't intervene. He didn't have the opportunity. The time it took the old man to realize what was happening, Yesung was already carrying Teuki out of the pool.

 

Teuki was unconscious, but he felt reassuring arms carefully wrap around his body and pull him out of the water. He heard Yesung's cries, calling out to him, pleading with him to stay alive.

 

Yesung removed Leeteuk's shirt. This wasn't how he envisioned he would discover the elder's musculature but, he had no time to admire his friend's perfect body...

 

The young man applied firmly his hands, crossed one under the other, onto Leeteuk's sternum. He pumped ten time and checked his friend's pulse; nothing... Tears rolled down his cheeks... He did another set of ten and a third. He then desperately approached his lips to Teuki's. He stopped barely a few millimetres from the elder's. His face was burgundy. He leaned in closer until their lips touched...

 

Suddenly, Yesung's head hurt. A sharp pain flooded his chest. An image flowed into his conscious mind...

 

Two boys running along a path in a forest. A ravine on one side. A bobbling river on the other. One of the boys slipped and fell into the raging waters... The other jumped, his cat ears and tail following his movement. “Stay with me... Why did you run so close to the river... Teuki... Come back to me... Why are you leaving?... Don't you like me anymore?...”, the young cat whispered, tears racing down his cheeks...

 

Yesung clenched his teeth. He lightly moved Leeteuk's lips and blew air as hard as he could down his throat. He was red. His body was tingling... This felt so familiar... Teuki felt so familiar...

 

- I've kissed you before haven't I?..., whispered Yesung,... You've almost died in my arms before haven't you?... But like then, I won't let you leave...

 

Yesung pinched his eyes and blew harder. He couldn't breathe, but he didn't care. All that mattered was to get back Leeteuk, to see his bright smile once more...

 

Teuki... Come back to me...

 

Leeteuk slowly opened his eyes. The boy's voice, no Yesung's voice, called him once more to life. He didn't know why, but it worked. He didn't care. All he wanted was to see Yesung once more, smiling cutely at him. When he regained consciousness, Teuki looked up. He blushed furiously when he saw Yesung's face so close to his. He realized rapidly that not only was the young man's face close, but his soft lips were firmly pressed against his... The elder's breathing accelerated.

 

Yesung's hand was still on Teuki's chest. His eyes were closed, but he felt his elder's sternum lift and drop quickly. A tear of joy fell from his cheek onto his elder's. “Wait...”, he gasped. Yesung opened his eyes in a rush and found himself staring Teuki straight in the eyes. His orbits tripled in size, resembling round moons. The young man rapidly backed away, but Leeteuk pulled him in and kissed him back.

 

No one noticed the final passionate clash of lips they exchanged.

 

Yesung shyly let go of Leeteuk. He was burning up. It was a miracle his ears didn't stand up on his head in front of everyone. Teuki started coughing after a long staring contest with Ye. He still had water in his trachea and it was dangerous for him to lay on his back. Yesung thanked God they had CPR classes the year before... He slowly tipped Leeteuk to the side so he wouldn't choke. In this position, Teuki's back was exposed and Yesung noticed small pure white wings perfectly detailed, extending from the elder's scapula almost to his shoulders.

 

The young man's finger lightly brushed the tattoo while he turned his friend. He could've sworn the feathers were texturized as if they were real... “Nah..., Yesung shook his head,... I'm probably still under shock and imagining things...”, he sighed interiorly.

 

The bell rang. It was time to leave this dreadful place. Yesung helped Teuki stand up. They had one last class before dinner, but the elder wasn't in a good enough shape to attend to it. Almost dieing will do that to you. Leeteuk leaned on Yesung's shoulder until they made it to his locker. From there, he had to make it into the dressing room and change, but he couldn't walk on his own... He turned to his friend and with the cutes pout, he asked for his help.

 

- Hmm... You want me to help you... get... get... DRESSED!!, shouted Yesung, his face intensely colouring from the mere thought of it.

 

- Pretty pleeeease! I won't ask anything else, I promise!..., implored Teuki, desperate,... By the way,... Red is definitely a good colour on you..., he added, losing the pout and displaying a sly grin.

 

- Hey! You want me to help or not..., Leeteuk nodded,... Than stop teasing!, Yesung squeal, blushing even more.

 

The young man helped his friend get to the dressing room. There, he paused, hesitating. He REALLY didn't want to do this... Well he wanted to, but... he was afraid of the effect Leeteuk would have on him...

 

Yesung looked at Teuki. He pouted, but he really liked him and wanted to help him. So, swallowing, he breathed deeply and entered the enclosed space. There wasn't much room. They would have to be close, VERY VERY close while changing...

 

Yesung held his breath. Teuki looked at him with innocent eyes, but for a second his smile shifted. He grinned slightly and his eyes seemed blinded by lust... Of course it was barely visible and Yesung thought he was still hallucinating, so he didn't concern himself with that any further. After all, he had to undress Leeteuk. It would take all his concentration and restraint.

 

- Ok... We'll do this... I... remove... your swimming suit and you... lean on me and put on your clothes..., said Yesung, trying not to faint while talking. It took a lot of effort solely to hatch this plan of action. Yesung has a very fertile imagination...

 

- Ok. Let's do it, replayed Teuki not to sure of how that would play out exactly.

 

Yesung lightly inserted his smallish fingers on each side of the trunks. His hands were shaking. Teuki stabilized his stance by wrapping his arms around the young man's shoulders and shifting his weight to the side. He bit his lip, painfully restraining a moan at the contact of Yesung's hand against his hips. Leeteuk's face was reddening with every passing second his friend's warm breath tickled his skin.

 

Yesung didn't fall behind. His heart accelerated. His face never losing coloration, rather gaining it, the young man shut his eyes tight while pulling down on Teuki's swimsuit. The wet cloth fell onto the ground and Yesung felt Leeteuk reaching for his dry clothes.

 

Leaning on Yesung, Leeteuk had just enough time to slide into his pants when, suddenly, losing their balance, the two men fell on the ground... Teuki on top of Ye...

 

Their laughter resonated in the area. Fortunately, no one was around, they were all in class. Their giggling receded and they stared at each other. Yesung's heart skipped a beat when Leeteuk leaned in. He took his time. From the out side, it would look like he wasn't moving at all, but Yesung could see it; he could feel it...

 

The young man blushed furiously again. He instinctively tried to step back, but remembered they were on the ground. All he could do, was try sinking into the floor. Wasn't much use. It wasn't that he didn't want Leeteuk's lips, it was that he was afraid of what might happen... No human must know...

 

Slowly but surely, Leeteuk reached his goal. His face was so serious, so beautiful, so red... Yesung smiled at that observation. He let go of his fears. His heart felt so heavy and so light at the same time... Heavy because it kept skipping a beat or too... Light because it was overflowing with happiness...

 

“Is that what it feels like to be in love...”, he asked rhetorically. Knowing that, he could learn to control his kitty instincts better around his friend.

 

Leeteuk's soft kiss pulled Yesung out of his calculations. His cat attributes would have to wait, because he had no intention of letting this moment slip by him... The young man closed his eyes. Fully taking in Leeteuk's sent... Fully feeling his lips on his... Fully feeling his unusually warm face... They stayed like this for a long time, their lips only touching.

 

After a while, Leeteuk pulled back.

 

- Sorry,... I... I don't know what got over me..., he whispered, looking away.

 

- No!... Don't stop... Please..., begged Yesung.

 

Teuki's face lit up. A large smile crowned his face. He leaned in once more, but stopped less than an inch above Yesung's lips. Leeteuk noticed the worried look in Ye's eyes.

 

- What is it?!..., he asked, alarmed.

 

- No, no. It's nothing... It's just that... I've never kissed anyone before... not fully..., Yesung answered frankly, his gazes shifting from Teuki to the floor.

 

- Don't worry... Just trust your instincts..., Leeteuk whispered in the young man's hidden ear.

 

On those words, the elder applied once more his lips on Yesung's in an ardent kiss. He then carefully spread them with his tongue. The young man let his elder tease, lightly grazing his tongue... He closed his eyes once again, enjoying Leeteuk's kiss...

 

Suddenly, a sharp pain pierced Teuki's heart... He winced. A vision slowly appeared in front of his eyes...

 

Two boys running along a path in a forest. A bobbling river just a few feet from them... One of the boys slipped and fell into the raging waters... The other jumped to his rescue.“Stay with me... Why did you run so close to the river... Teuki... Come back to me... Why are you leaving?... Don't you like me anymore?...”, cried the young boy, desperately trying to save his friend. “I'm sorry... I'll be more careful... I'm sorry to have worried you so... Ye... Thanks for saving me... I do... I'll always love you...”, whispered Leeteuk to Yesung, trembling in his arms... A passionate kiss... A tear of relief...

 

Teuki didn't move. He'd noticed Yesung's expression earlier and he didn't want to alarm him. His friend knew about these visions... He had them too... A tear rolled down the elder's cheek... “You saved me... again... Thank you...”, he smiled.

 

Lunch time. The bell resonated in the whole school. The two men jumped. They giggled so hard, their laughter almost covered the annoying clinking sounds.

 

Leeteuk put on his shirt and exited the cabin so Yesung could change clothes in peace. He pushed his back against the wall, sighing, his face almost glowing and as pink as a newborn's bottom...

 

Yesung got out not long after Teuki left him. They went to the nurse's office and told her what'd happened. She winced and promised their would be serious consequences awaiting the guy who did this. In the mean time, she told Yesung to take Leeteuk home and watch over him. She tried to call Teuki's parents, but he refused, telling her it wasn't necessary to alarm them just yet and pull them away from their work.

 

The nurse rose a brow, but didn't insist. She sighed heavily and ordered them to go home. She told Yesung to do everything he can to keep Teuki warm. Other wise, he might catch a cold, or worse... The two men, of course, didn't argue with the professional.

 

On their way to the bus stop, Leeteuk took Yesung's hand.

 

- Ye... Thanks for saving me,... again..., he whispered, lightly blushing. The final word barely escaping his mouth.

 

- Don't even mention it..., Yesung replied, kissing softly his forehead,... C'mon let's get you home..., he added with great enthusiasm and joy.