Chapter 6

Sacrifice

 

Kwangmin’s POV

 

I don’t know why I’m feeling so bothered with what I’m seeing right now - Youngmin’s hand clutching tightly on Donghyun-hyung’s arm. I’ve only seen him do that with our parents but not with other strangers. Well I know that Donghyun-hyung is not a stranger to him since they’re practically glued all day but do they really have to do that in front of me? It makes me want to puke!

 

“Jo Kwangmin!” I jumped from my seat after hearing Jungmin-hyung’s scream.

 

“What hyung?!”

 

“You seem to be bothered by something. What’s wrong?”

 

I turned to my front and saw Youngmin looking at me with concern. At least he wasn’t clutching at Donghyun-hyung’s arm anymore. “It’s nothing hyung.”

 

We continued eating while they chat. I wasn’t in the mood to talk or listen to their conversation since it’s all about Youngmin and Donghyun-hyung. Finally, the torture ended when the bell rang.

 

“I’ll see you later Donghyun-hyung,” Youngmin said.

 

“Alright. No need to fetch me from the library. Just wait for me at the gate. Have fun at class,” he ruffled Youngmin’s hair affectionately before leaving. We said goodbye to our hyungs too and went back to class.

 

The next class was Science class. The teacher grouped us with three members each to discuss about our research project before the Winter Vacation. Now that I think about it, we only have two weeks of school days left before winter break. I was grouped with Minwoo and another girl from our class.

 

“Why am I always grouped with you?” Minwoo feigned an annoyed expression.

 

“It’s like I want to be grouped with you too idiot.”

 

The girl in our group just smiled with our bickering. We were in the middle of dividing our workload for this research when Minwoo stopped and nudged me with his elbow.

 

“What?”

 

“Your twin.”

 

“What about Youngmin?”

 

“Will you just look?!”

 

I gave him an irritated look before turning my back to look for Youngmin. I saw him immediately with his bright blond hair. He was grouped together with the two known troublemakers in our class. I observed him more and noticed that he looked uncomfortable with them so I listened to their conversation.

 

“Why don’t you tell us your number? We’ll be needing it for this project right?” My classmate smirked as he moved his chair closer to Youngmin.

 

“But...we can just talk about it in school since-“

 

“If you don’t want to give your number let’s just do it in our house tonight. What do you say?” The other suggested.

 

“I don’t think that’s necessary...”

 

“Come on Youngmin. You can be part of our group too since your twin doesn’t seem to care about you,” after he said that, he placed an arm around Youngmin who looked at me with pleading eyes. All hell broke loose.

 

Minwoo stood from his seat too but I prevented him.

 

“Aren’t you going to do something?!” he tried to keep his temper down.

 

“I’ll handle it.” I didn’t bother looking at his shocked expression before going towards Youngmin’s group. The three looked at me simultaneously as I towered over them.

 

“K-Kwangmin-ssi...” I almost snorted at how my classmate stuttered.

 

“Like what Youngmin had said, I don’t think getting his number and going to your house is necessary since this project is not that hard.” I told them in a low but intimidating voice. The other students were not noticing us yet as they were busy talking about their own research projects too.

 

“Ah...yes...you’re right.”

 

I grabbed Youngmin’s wrist tightly which caused him to be startled, “Teacher, my brother is not feeling well. May I bring him to the clinic?”

 

The teacher looked at us before giving us permission. I pulled him outside the classroom but instead of heading towards the infirmary, I brought him out to the school’s backyard. There’s nothing here but grassland, a tree, a couple of unused school equipments ready to be disposed, and a peaceful surrounding.

 

“Kwangmin? Why did you bring me here? And...I’m not actually sick. You didn’t have to excuse me from our class...” he asked softly as if afraid I’ll bark at him any second. Without facing him, I answered.

 

“Stay away from those two. They’re troublemakers and they don’t do anything good. And don’t you ever give any of your information to them. You’re too...”

 

“Too what?”

 

Too beautiful for your own good. “Nevermind. Just...be careful when you’re around those two.”

 

“T-Thank you Kwangmin. I’ll remember it.”

 

I finally willed myself to face him and regretted it instantly. His face was blushing really hard which made him look even more adorable. I don’t even know if the term ‘identical twins’ is still applicable to us because he has all the beauty that I didn’t have.

 

“You’re surprised?”

 

His eyes widened as he seemed to think of what to say.

 

“I know you want Donghyun-hyung to be the one protecting you but since he’s off-limits in the classroom, that will be my job. You should stay here until Science class ends so that the teacher won’t suspect anything.”

 

And without knowing why I blurted those words to him, I left him alone.

 

 

Youngmin’s POV

 

With my heart still beating frantically against my ribcage, I sat on the grass, unable to comprehend what just happened. Kwangmin saved me from those guys, brought me here, and told me he’ll be watching over me in the classroom. I tried to force myself to think that Kwangmin was just probably feeling guilty or burdened about me. I hugged my legs and buried my head on my knees, trying to stop the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. A stupid hopeful smile formed in my face.

 

Is Kwangmin finally accepting me?

 

 

Kwangmin’s POV

 

I clutched my chest as I brisk walked towards the room. When I turned at a corner, I almost screamed when Minwoo suddenly appeared.

 

“What the hell Minwoo?!”

 

He wrapped an arm around me with a big fat smile on his face, “I knew Kwangmin has a soft heart!”

 

“What are you saying? And get your hands off me!” I swatted his arm away.

 

"I saw everything! Stop trying to act tough Kwangmin. I know you’re longing for some love~” he teased even more.

 

I was about to retort back but we already arrived in the classroom. “Just wait you brat.”

 

 

Days fly really fast and it’s now two days left before winter vacation. We were having dinner and unlike last time, I am not as stiff and uncomfortable eating with them now. I still can’t open up myself though.

 

“So...your mother and I have some good news for you. Donghyun, you’re included in this too of course.”

 

Youngmin and Donghyun-hyung exchanged looks and laughed together. Why are they treating Donghyun-hyung like Youngmin’s fiancé?

 

“Anyway,” my father continued. “We’ll be spending one week of vacation in our villa in Gangwon-do.”

 

Youngmin’s eyes sparkled immediately like an excited child, “Can I-Can I ski?!”

 

“Of course,” my mom answered, very amused of my twin’s reaction. “But with Donghyun’s supervision.”

 

“No need to tell me ma'am. I can also teach Youngmin to ski since I know how.”

 

Arrogant bastard.

 

“Really? You’re the best hyung!” And he hugged Donghyun-hyung right there. My parents aren’t even bothered by it!

 

“Kwangmin, aren’t you excited?” My mom touched my shoulder. She seemed pleased that I didn’t flinch.

 

“I’m just not into skiing.”

 

“I see. But you can still do other things there so don’t worry. And you can also bring Minwoo and the others if they don’t have other plans!”

 

This time, both Youngmin and I smiled. I immediately retreated my look before he noticed.

 

 

 

“Reaaaaaaally?!!! Oh my God! I’m so excited!” Minwoo was bouncing off the walls inside my room when I invited them for winter vacation. “I’m going to pack right now!”

 

“If you won’t shut up I’m going to bury you in the snow!” I threatened him but I know it wouldn’t work.

 

“Just let him be Kwangmin. You know that kid,” Hyunsung-hyung said.

 

I just massaged my temple to avoid throwing Minwoo out of my window. To be honest, I’m looking forward to this trip too. Maybe this time I’ll be able to let go of the entire load I’ve been keeping in my heart.

 

 

Youngmin’s POV

 

“Do you need anything else Youngmin?”

 

Donghyun-hyung asked me after I settled myself on the bed. “Can I talk to you for a while?”

 

“Sure,” he sat on the chair beside my bed. My mom used to sit on that chair too when I was sick.

 

“You know...I think Kwangmin is slowly accepting me...”

 

“Really? Then that’s good. I know he won’t be able to keep that anger for too long. Everyone needs the love of their family,” he smiled tenderly at me.

 

“Hmm,” I smiled back thinking that he might be right. “I don’t want to keep my hopes up though. Or else I’ll be even more heartbroken than before.”

 

“Don’t think too much about that,” he held my hand gently.

 

“If that happens, hyung will comfort me right?”

 

“Of course. I’ll always be here for you.”

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

updated because jotwins0424 used youngmin aegyo on me 

as if anyone can say no to that! XD

thanks for the comments you guys~! <333

tbqh i'm not too confident with this story anymore :(

but i'll work hard to improve it dun worry ;)