Chapter 5

Temptation of the Taken

Five

By the time she reached Yoonhee’s studio room she had thankfully collected herself enough to not be totally distracted as the girl grabbed her by the arm and dragged her towards the table.

 

“I’ve finished the designs, but do you think they’ll like them?” she asked, pointing to where several pieces of paper were spread out and Kadence moved to inspect them.  Her fingers lightly grazed over the designs, seeing each one come to life in her mind.  She faltered as she reached Kris’ and hoped that the Korean wouldn’t notice anything.

 

“I think they’ll love them, what are they for?” she enquired, turning to the girl who was beaming.

 

“SMTown, it’s the last lot I have to design before starting on the next concept,” Yoonhee said, pouting slightly at the thought of having nothing left to do for the next month or so except present the boys with the outfits.

 

“I have to ask though,” Kadence started as she bundled the sheets together, hoping she didn’t seem too obvious.  “Is that supposed to be a poorly fitting trench coat on Wu Fan?”

 

 Yoonhee burst into laughter at the idea, shaking her head as she covered .  Kadence couldn’t help but be caught up in her amusement, chuckling lightly.  When the Korean finally calmed herself, she placed a hand on the redhead’s lower arm.

 

“With how hard it is to find clothing for his height, especially over here, it wouldn’t be entirely impossible.”

 

“Poor guy, anyway I better get going Hee, or I’m going to have five different people yelling at me for being slow,” Kadence excused herself, slipping the papers under her arm and Yoonhee’s face lit up.

 

“I’ll come along, I have to talk to Minah about a couple of things anyway,” she said and the redhead stared at her dumbfounded for several seconds, before a frustrated look crossed her face.

 

“Aigoo Yoonhee, I could’ve got a million other chores done while you took this to her yourself,” she cried and the girl tried to hide a sheepish grin as she pushed her out of the room.

 

“I’m sorry Kay, but I’m bored now that I’ve done those drawings and I’ll go crazy if I spend another moment in the room with those Chinese stylists.”

 

“They’re not that bad, surely,” Kadence said, cocking an eyebrow as they made their way down the hall.  Yoonhee rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

 

“Well I’m not saying they’re the devil’s spawn, but they sit in their little corner rambling away in Mandarin and ignoring me.  Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve had a proper conversation with someone?”

 

“You were in my hotel room last night.”

 

“For like three hours.  What’s that compared to ten stuck in a room with them?” she stated and Kadence had to agree that she had a point.  She felt bad for the girl, for although there were obviously more Chinese staff members here, she was lucky that there was always somewhere nearby who could translate if need be.

 

Arriving at Minah’s office Kadence knocked on the door and after being told to enter, placed the drawings in Yoonhee’s hand and shoved her into the room.  Peeking her head in after she bowed to their boss, readjusting her headset as an enquiry was sent through to her.

 

“Unnie, I’m leaving the drawings in Yoonhee’s capable hands, she said she needed to talk to you anyway,” she explained and Yoonhee shot her a look, making it hard to suppress a smile.

 

“Of course, I can hear you’re quite in demand,” Minah dismissed her and Kadence backed out the room, assuring her next subject that his task would be fulfilled shortly.  She managed to get several more jobs completed before she bumped into Yoonhee in the hallway again, the girl pointing an accusing finger at her.

 

“You didn’t even wait for me!”

 

“And get us both in trouble?  Why didn’t you just go to the practice room and watch the boys?” she said and it was like a light clicked on in the dark haired girl’s head.  She scrunched her face up and this time Kadence didn’t hide the laugh.

 

Almost as if on cue, a door nearby flung open and the six figures in question stepped out into the hallway, their clothes and hair plastered to them with sweat.  Upon noticing the girls they all waved and bowed, obviously heading to the cafeteria for a well earned meal.  Minseok broke away from the group and jogged over to them, stopping short with a wide grin across his face.

 

“Noonas I haven’t seen you at all today,” he said, though that wasn’t uncommon for Yoonhee.  “I’m glad I’ve caught you though, we’re having a bit of a get together at our dorm tomorrow night, and we’d love it if you both came.”

 

Kadence wasn’t sure how to answer, though luckily didn’t have to as Yoonhee nodded enthusiastically beside her.  “Oh gosh yes, thank you Seokie, that’d be amazing.”

 

“Great, come around about seven o’clock... and maybe bring a plate of food and drink, in case we don’t have time to arrange some,” he told them and they both nodded before bounded away to catch up to the others.

 

“What the hell, Hee?  I don’t even finish here till after six, how am I supposed to get ready in time?” Kadence hissed once they were alone again and the other girl rolled her eyes.

 

“It’s just a casual thing at their house, sheesh.”

 

“But after running around like a headless chook all day, I at least want to smell like something other than... said headless chook.”

 

“Point taken.  There’s bathing facilities here, I’m sure if you bring some clothes we can freshen up here before heading over to their dorm,” Yoonhee suggested and the foreigner nodded at her idea.

 

Parting ways as Yoonhee returned to her studio and Kadence continued her list of chores, her mind was only half there.  While it was true that she had spent a fair amount of time with the EXO-M members since being promoted, this would be the first time with them outside of work hours.  The thought of seeing a certain member in that environment unwittingly caused butterflies within her and she sighed to herself, forcing her concentration onto her tasks.