Chapter 2

Temptation of the Taken

Well guys, here's some more for you...the first interaction with Kris!

 

Two

The next day Kadence found her way to the SM building bleary eyed and in darkness.  She had a small suitcase packed with everything she thought she would need and in her backpack lay her copy of the schedule and her radio.  Upon arrival she found most of the other team already there, running to and fro as they collected everything they would need.

 

She was immediately put to work, delivering messages and belongings from one end of the hallway to the other and running over checklists with each section as the time to depart drew near.  The members only showed up half an hour before they were due to leave for the airport, each of them tugging a suitcase behind them.  It became Kadence’s job to make sure the half asleep members hadn’t forgotten anything.

 

Soon enough though they were all bundled into two company vans and headed for the airport.  Having only set foot in Incheon airport once Kadence still felt overwhelmed and astounded at its size and grew distracted as they climbed out.  It wasn’t until she was almost bowled over by Yoonhee and a mountain of clothes that she returned to reality, quickly catching hold of the girl.

 

“Did you want me to help with that?” she asked and the girl nodded gratefully, unloading a segment of it into her arms.  With some difficulty they made their way towards the check ins, Yoonhee grumbling under her breath.

 

“Why didn’t I do make-up instead of fashion?  It’s so much easier for them, they don’t have to come with us because there’s always Chinese staff, and even if they did they only have to carry a box of products,” she muttered and Kadence couldn’t help but laugh.  She continued to aid the stylist until they had deposited the clothing onto a very stressed looking attendant and waited for her opportunity to check in.

 

Everything seemed to pass in a blur as she made her way to the terminal with Yoonhee, the rest of the staff and the members congregating in front of the gate.  Apparently news of the boys’ departure had gotten out and a large crowd of girls were standing a little way off, screaming and taking pictures.  Kadence admired the way the EXO members handled them, occasionally acknowledging the throng when not talking amongst themselves.

 

Eventually their flight was called and they boarded the plane, Kadence finding herself at the end of a row with both Yoonhee and Minah, a fact that delighted her.  Settling herself in she picked up the safety card that lay in the back of the seat, her eyes roaming over the pictures she was familiar with, until a sudden grip appeared on her lower arm.

 

“We’re about to leave,” Yoonhee whispered and the redhead looked her up and down, smiling sympathetically.

 

“It’s ok Yoonhee, I’ve done my ritual of reading the safety card, so nothing will happen,” she assured the girl, who tilted her head to the side.  Her grip lessened, though only slightly and Kadence slid out of it, clasping the girl’s hand instead.  “Will we be sitting this way the whole time?”

 

“Only take off and landing,” Yoonhee answered and she nodded, squeezing the girl’s hand.  “Thank you Kay.”

 

As the plane began to roll down the tarmac a voice could be heard over the loudspeaker, welcoming them all to the flight and asking for their attention on the safety demonstration.  Kadence watched attentively, always aware of Yoonhee’s fear and tried to soothe her as they gained momentum.  It wasn’t until they were well into the air and the seatbelt sign clicked off that the Korean began to relax, releasing Kadence from her grasp.

 

Only half jokingly she massaged her hand, laughing off the girl’s apology as she reached for her iPod.  It was only a short flight, but being awake already for five hours too long Kadence hoped that she could catch up on a little bit of sleep, knowing she would need it for the rest of the day’s activities.

 

*  *  *

 

It wasn’t too much later that Kadence woke with a start, feeling the urge to visit the bathroom and quietly slid out of her seat.  Most other passengers on the flight were asleep as she had been and she yawned widely as she made her way towards the toilet.

 

The plane dipped slightly just as she was washing her hands and she let out a groan, hating the idea of turbulence while she was out of her seat.  She had enough trouble staying on her feet when the ground was still beneath her, let alone when she was being rocked around.  Bracing herself she pulled open the door and stepped out, another dip causing her to stumble and she felt a pair of hands grab her.

 

“Are you okay?” a deep voice asked in English and she looked up to meet the intense gaze of Wu Fan.  Managing a nod she straightened herself, grabbing onto the nearest wall and he let his arms drop.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.  I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but your Korean’s really good,” he complimented and she smiled nervously, thanking him once more.

 

“Yours is as well, from what I’ve heard.”

 

“Well I would hope so after four years of living in Korea,” he said with a hint of a smile and she felt blood rush to her cheeks in embarrassment.  At that moment she was beginning to regret not going home and looking up some information on the six boys.

 

“That is a very valid point.  Anyway, I should let you get to the bathroom,” she excused herself and he nodded, allowing her to duck past him.  Kadence let out a long breath as she made her way back to her seat, feeling like the biggest idiot alive.  It took her slightly off guard when she flopped down and found Yoonhee’s chocolate orbs focused on her.

 

“You got Kris to smile within the first twenty-four hours of knowing him,” she stated and Kadence nodded tentatively, giving her a look.

 

“Is that an achievement?”

 

“It took me months.  I mean he smiles once he starts to open up to you, but even then it’s less than the other members.  It’s kind of his image,” she explained and Kadence frowned, shrugging her shoulders.

 

“I made an idiot of myself, anyone would find that funny.”

 

“Idiot or not you still succeeded,” Yoonhee said and Kadence shook her head good-naturedly.  Sticking her iPod back in she made a comment about the Korean being crazy, receiving a smack on her shoulder before she grinned and let her eyes drift shut again.

 

_________________________________

adee_k - There's only one way to find out ;) Thank you for taking the time to comment!