Chapter 7

In Time By Your Side

You were back in class and as usual, or what was now becoming usual, your classmates were snickering and whispering all around you. You just wanted today to be over. "Tao still hasn't crushed the rumors..." You thought, loosing hope. Will this last forever?

You felt Tao poking you. You slowly turned around wondering what he had to say. He passed you a note. It read:

 

"I can't come after school today... Something's come up and its urgent.

You'll be cleaning by yourself today, ok?

Ahh.... I'll make it up to you with another nighttime ice cream session.... this Saturday! ^^

- Tao xx"

 

You smiled at the last sentence. But you weren't sure how you felt exactly.. you were disappoined. You wouldn't be having Tao there to talk to and fool around with but at the same time you were mad he was ditching you again. You just turned around to him and gave him a fake smile to convince him everything was okay.

 

Class finally ended. Tao put his hand on your shoulder and with sincere eyes said, "Sorry." And left. You were a little okay with it... now you had extra time to think about things.

 

***

"Why did you want to meet me?" Tao said walking up to SoHee. SoHee gave Tao a smirk. 

"You still don't know by now? You're more close-minded than you look...." She said getting closer to Tao. Tao started to fidget and moved back. "What does she want?" he thought.

"I'll just cut to it. Go out with me." SoHee said.

"Wait.. what?" Tao said taking a huge step back from SoHee, but she just walked closer to him.

"I said, go out with me. What's the problem?" SoHee asked playing with Tao's collar.

"Ahh.. uhh... I barley know you!" Tao said trying to think of an excuse.

"Oh, please! Like that matters to you. You like someone don't you?" She said poking Tao in the stomach.

"Quit it. I don't like anyone, got it? I just don't want to date you. I didn't want to be rude about it, but I'm not interested in you." He said as he turned around to leave.

"But you're interested in ____, aren't you?" She said confidently. Tao froze. "Should I keep walking... ? Where is she going with this?" Tao thought as he made his decision and turned back around slowly.

"What makes you think that?" he asked, trying to keep his cool.

"Because if you didn't, you wouldn't mind the rumors getting worse and worse. To the point where _____ could be so physically harmed. You're a bad boy Tao. You don't care about other's well-being, do you? Unless that person is important to you." SoHee said taking a seat on the bench.

"What do you mean...? The rumors getting worse and worse...?" Tao asked, with SoHee having his full attention.

"Don't you get it?! I started the rumors! I'm the one telling everyone bad things about _____!" SoHee said, becoming irritated. Tao was frozen now. But SoHee was your best friend. She wouldn't ever do such horrible things. You had told Tao so many great things about SoHee... it just didn't add up.

"But she's your best friend...." Tao barley said.

"I'm tired of her! You just wouldn't understand. Don't worry about my friendships, okay? Just listen, date me and the rumors about _____ will stop immediately. Don't date me and it could get to the point where she even commi-"

"Fine." Tao broke off SoHee's sentence. He knew exactly what she was about to say and he couldn't take it. "I'll date you, but you better promise, swear on your life even, that no one will harm _____ anymore. Verbally or physically."

A huge grin grew across SoHee's face. "Wow, you really care about her more than I thought." She walked up to Tao and hugged him. He pushed her away. 

"_____ isn't going to get hurt, right?" he asked again.

"I promise." SoHee smiled and hugged him again. "When should our first date be?"

"I'm busy tomorrow. But, how do you plan to crush the rumors?" Tao said just wanting to be 100% sure you wouldn't be harassed anymore.

"Ya!" SoHee hit Tao on the arm. "Is she all you can think about? You're dating me now! And don't worry.... I started the rumors, so I can end them." Tao just nodded his head. He felt so uncomfortable and wanted to peel SoHee off him but he knew he couldn't. This was his fault, that you were being bothered. He had to sacrifice something. "Oh yeah, and, I forgot to tell you, but... you're going to have to break the news to _____. Tell her you only hung out with her because you wanted to get close to me."

Tao pushed SoHee away again, "No! That's going too far - I like my friendship with ____, I'm not just going to ruin it!" Tao protested.

"Are you so dumb? Do you really think the rumors will stop if everyone knows you're dating me, yet _____ is still seen around with you? Use your common sense Tao. And it has to be you who tells her. What kind of friend will I sound like if I tell her to stay away from you? That's why you have to do it. And don't think she'll go home with a broken heart... she's liked Kai for years now."

"She... likes Kai?" Tao asked really dissapointed. 

"Aww, its okay honey. You have me now." SoHee said smiling, "Deal?" Tao couldn't think straight. So many things were racing through his head. He really liked you, but he didn't want you to suffer anymore. But wasn't this all just too much? But your happiness.... "You can live without me, can't you ______?" Tao thought.

Tao took in a deep breath, "Deal.. All of this, this whole plan starts and ends on Monday. I'll  tell _____ everything and you'll get rid of those rumors quickly. Got it?"

"Alright. But don't think you're just going to break up with me. I had the ability to start the rumors, I have the ability to end them, but I have just as much ability to restart them. You'll break up with me, when I break up with you. Okay?" SoHee said putting her hands around Tao's neck. Tao hated this, he hated it so much but he agreed. SoHee got onto her tippy toes and kissed Tao.

 

 

 

 

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to milkdream! Honestly thank you so much! If it wasn't for your help I don't know what I would even do with this fanfic right now. I think I can finally start confidently writing again! x