Chapter 3

In Time By Your Side

It was the next day of school and you avoided Tao. He didn't seem to bother you either. He sat quietly behind you all day, not saying a word. "He better show up tonight.." you thought to yourself. You stopped thinking about Tao and tried to pay attention to the lesson, you couldn't get another zero. 

It was lunch time so you and SoHee headed to the basement and when you arrived Kai was already there. "Ok, I'm sorry, hate me but did you see what Tao had on today? He looked so hot!" SoHee exclaimed.

"He's wearing the school uniform.." Kai said confused. 

"But the way he had it untucked and with a popped collar... oh god, love me!" SoHee said falling back into the stairs. 

"C'mon SoHee.. hold yourself together. He's not worth it! He didn't even show up to clean with me yesterday, when it was his fault!" You said trying not to sound too angry. But just the thought of Tao got you fired up.

"Whatever, loosen up _____! I know he's not that bad. I was talking to that girl I sit next to, uhh... JaeMi! She knows a lot about Tao. He's so cool..." SoHee said with a sigh.

"Ahh, my mum told me about those sighs. They're sighs of love!" Kai joked. SoHee laughed. You just ignored your friends joking. You didn't think Tao was "cool" at all. 

"Whatever. You guys try cleaning up the whole classroom afterschool, by yourself, when it wasn't even your fault!" You said annoyed.

"For that boy, I'd do anything!" SoHee said smiling. 

"You barley know him." You mumbled under your breath. You were feeling immensley annoyed with your best friend right now and couldn't wait for the bell to ring for class.

***

"Bye ____!" SoHee waved by to you as she walked out the classroom with her new friend.  You sighed and walked to the cleaning closet. "Looks like I'll be cleaning by myself...again." You took the broom out and as you turned around you bumped into someone. You looked up and it was Tao. He took the broom from you and began sweeping. A half-smile slowly crept onto your face. "Ah, so you decided to show up today, huh?" You said, taking out the spray and a white rag to start wiping down the desks. "Oh, so you want to play the silent game, eh? Fine. Cool with me." You said happy he had shown up.

"You never shut up do you?" He asked.

"Fine. I'm shutting up now." You said raising your hands.  

"Xiexie." he said under his breath. 

"You're funny, you know." You said walking over to him. "Why do you act so rudely? I know you're not, right?"

"Who do you think you're-" you interuppted him, "I'm not afraid of you Tao." Then there was a silence. Tao started to smile, "Oh, really?" he said as a mischievous smile appeared on his face. You just nodded your head. "He has nothing to say now." You thought. Tao took a step closer to you. He held your chin with his hand and looked into your eyes, like he was searching them. "You're not afraid at all?" He asked again. You rolled your eyes and just as you were about to speak he kissed you.

Just like that.

Tao kissed you.

You pushed him off you. "What was that for?!" You shouted at him.

"Woah, calm down." Tao said sitting back into one of the desks. He was smiling. You didn't want to give him the satisfacation he wanted.

"I.. I am calm." You said putting up the cleaning supplies. 

"You don't seem it." he said trying to mess with you. You walked over to him and held his chin with your hand this time.

"Well, don't worry, because I am." You said with a smile and left. 

***

You couldn't think straight. "Why, why, why?!" You asked yourself. As you walked home. "Damn Tao, what was that for!?" you asked outloud, walking quickly. You just wanted to get home and stop thinking about it. You finally arrived home and didn't even call out to your dad. That's how jumbled your mind was right now. You went upstairs and fell into bed. You couldn't work tonight, you couldn't. Jo would probably understand, you didn't want to lie to him with some fake excuse, so you called him telling him you weren't feeling well. And, you really weren't; you felt dizzy. He let you off the hook because you had never missed work before during these 2 long years you had been working there. You were just about to shower when you remembered about your dad. You ran down stairs and he wasn't in his normal spot at the table. You went to his bedroom and there he was, fast asleep. You sighed a major sigh of relief. "Looks like we're both going to sleep on empty stomachs tonight, huh dad?"

You got a warm shower then headed to bed. The only problem was you couldn't sleep. The kiss kept replaying, and replaying, and replaying in your head. You could still feel Tao's lips on yours. It drove you crazy. You didn't like Tao at all, you wouldn't ever like him, and right now you actually disliked him more. You even felt offended because your heart had belonged to Kai for about 3 years now. Tao couldn't just come out of nowhere and ruin it. Somewhere between the million thoughts racing through your head at once, you managed to fall asleep. 

 

 

 

Okay, what do you guys think of the story so far? I really feel like I'm disappointing everyone or boring you. I have lost so much motivation to write for this fanfic.. Please comment letting me know you're still alive and breathing and that my fanfic didn't make you fall asleep! Or critique me, so I know how to improve! x