Chapter 6

In Time By Your Side

You couldn't sleep at all. You kept waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares. You heard taunting voices, you were being pushed around, everyone pointing and yelling cruel words at you. You barley slept. "Thank God its Friday.." You thought, getting up slowly to get ready for school. It was a little early but you didn't care. You couldn't fall back asleep and you had to get up soon anyway. You got out your uniform and stared at it. "I hope Tao can get rid of these rumors..." You thought. You couldn't have them saying such horrible stuff about you. It bothered you a lot, more than you wanted it to. You put on your uniform and went to brush your hair and your teeth. "Maybe I should call Tao...." You thought cutting yourself off. Why were you constantly thinking about Tao? "I'll just call Kai and tell him not to get me today." You thought dialing his number. You just wanted to walk alone today and maybe sort something out.

 

You finally finished getting ready for school. You didn't eat breakfast - it was the last thing on your mind. You just wanted the rumors to stop. Your mind was racing and it wasn't working too well because you were running low on sleep. You sighed.  "Why are thing so... complicated..?" You asked. You immediately regreted it. You were starting to whine and you know you couldn't. You had no right, because, you had a good life. Sure your life had its share of bad times, but you got over them, and you were still living healthily. That's all that mattered, right?

You got to school early. You sat down on a bench in front of the school gate and felt yourself dozing off. "Ya! Why did you wake up so early?" You said hitting your head. You looked at your phone and saw it was 30 more minutes until the school gates opened. 

"Hey." Tao said sitting next to you.

You were startled, "hey.." you replied.

"Couldn't sleep?" he asked you. You nodded your head. "I've been trying to think of how to crush the rumors... and what happens if I don't...?" He looked you into your eyes, very serious. You didn't notice but you were holding your breath. Tao's eyes, they shined. They were beautiful. You were mesmerized.

"_____? You okay..?" Tao asked you. You snapped out of it. 

"Sorry....ahaha...." You turned the other way, you felt your face burning. You couldn't let him see you blushing. 

"She's so weird.." Tao thought smiling to himself. You both sat in silence, it wasn't awkward though because both of your minds were racing. Time went by so quickly, before you knew it the bell rang.

"Lets go to class now." Tao said holding his hand out for you, you hesistated to take it. 

"Do you think that would be a good idea...?" You asked him, unsure. He shook his head and gave you a half smile before he walked away. You decided to sit there some more and wait for Kai. 

He showed up and you guys walked to class together. "See you during lunch!" You said as you went into the classroom. Everyone was quiet. You took in a deep breath. "These rumors will be over before I know it..." You said trying to comfort yourself. You walked down the the last aisle trying to get to your desk. 

"Ouch!" You shrieked as you hit the floor face first. The whole class burst into laughter, you got up slowly and walked to your seat. You wanted to cry. You know you couldn't but it was so hard to hold it back. No one rushed to help you up, no one asked if you were okay. Someone tripped you and everyone thought it was hilarious. You noticed Tao hadn't laughed though. His emotions were unreadable. Maybe he was just trying to hold back a smirk because he felt bad... the rumors had started because of him... You tried to forget about it and just focus on the lesson but your palms were throbbing. You head was throbbing.

Everyone left the classroom for lunch. But you couldn't move. You didn't feel like it. "I can't be like this.. worse has happened..." You reminded yourself as you left the classroom to head to the basement.

 

"This is all my fault. I know she's hurting.. you can tell. And its all my fault this is happening to her. I need to stop the rumors now... but... what will that help? I've seen this type of thing at my old school in China... they're not just going to forget. Even if I say something... it could just make matters worse..." Tao thought. He punched the desk, "Dammit!" 

 

***

When you got to the basement Kai was in there but SoHee wasn't. "Where's SoHee?" Kai asked.

"Probably with JaeMi..." you said. It was quiet for a while.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked, looking at you worried. You didn't want him to loose sleep over this too.

"Nothing, its nothing. I'm just a little tired.." you lied. 

"I'm here!" SoHee said running down the stairs.

"Where have you been?" Kai asked.

"....Ah... with... JaeMi. Why?" She retorted. SoHee turned to you, "Are you okay? After what happened-"

"I'm fine." You interrupted, wanting to change the subject.

"Wait what happened?" Kai asked.

"Nothing." You said back.

"____ fell because someone tripped her. Everyone was laughing." SoHee told him. You glared at her.

"Are you serious! Why!?" Kai said angrily.

"Obviously the rumors..." SoHee replied.

"Who cares? Tao is going to end them anyway." You said wanting to disappear. It got a little quiet, it was really strange...

"Is he?" SoHee asked. You heard ice in her voice. 

"Yeah.. at least he's going to try.... Whats wrong..?" You asked confused.

"Nothing! Nothing! I was just wondering! Well, I'm going to go. Adios!" She said innocently then left. She was right on time because the bell rang a second after. 

 

Disappointed? Me too. I haven't written in forever because I have no idea what to write. I think I totally messed up, I have no idea where to go next with this story. I'm having writers block. And this story just isn't good enough. I don't know what to do. x