Chapter 11

In Time By Your Side

"Kaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Slow down!!!!!!!!!!" You shrieked as Kai sped through the road. You sorta laughed but you were super nervous.

"Calm down, I'm sure this bike can carry both of us just fine!" Kai said back to you. You just held onto him really tight. You hadn't had this much fun in a while. Kai finally stopped the bike because you were at school. 

"I can't believe its already summer break." You said. 

"That was fast huh?" He replied. You nodded. You were a little sad it was over but you couldn't wait for the summer.

 

 

 

 

You and Kai became closer while you and SoHee grew more apart. You would try to hang out with SoHee and invite her to places as much as you could but most of the time she wouldn't accept it. She was always too busy with Tao. So soon you just stopped asking her. If a boy was more important than your friendship then you let it be that way. You had Kai anyway and you were so thankful for that. You were so happy when Summer finally rolled around. For weeks you had been planning how perfect the summer would be! Honestly, you were really hoping for some summer romance. Maybe this would be the summer you confessed to Kai..? You were planning to. I mean, it wouldn't hurt right? You weren't nervous because you knew your love had to be mutual. It had to be. If it wasn't... so many things would go wrong. What would happen to your friendship if Kai didn't feel the same way? But then again, your friendship was too strong for some silly confession to ruin it.

 

After what had happened, you saw Tao less and less. Its not like you minded, Tao was horrible.. But sometimes, you did miss him.. Not him exactly, but the friendship you two had. Even if it wasn't real, it felt like it was. You almost had felt like you could open to Tao and let him be your best friend along with Kai. That's how highly you had thought of him. But everythings not as it seems.

 

***

"So what are we doing tonight?" Kai asked as he layed on your floor in front of the fan. It had gotten so hot lately. You lay on the edge your bed looking at him. 

"I don't know... look at the stars, talk?" you suggested. 

"Lets do something crazy!" Kai said suddenly sitting up. It took you off guard, you nearly fell out of your bed. 

"What do you mean by... crazy?" You asked him trying to figure it out.

"I don't know.. go to the beach at night when its off limits. Go play in the fountain in the park..." Kai replied. You smiled widely.

"Well then lets go!" You said taking Kai's hand and you two rushed out the house. You both ran hand in hand, not even thinking about it, to the water fountain in the park. It was huge and beautiful. At night the lights in the fountain changed colors so it made the water look stunning. You and Kai both stood on the edge of the fountain looking at each other and smiling.

Next thing you knew you were in the water. "Ya! Kai!!! Why did you push me in huh!? I wasn't ready!" You shouted at him trying not to laugh too much. "Get in here right now!" You said and Kai shrugged and jumped in. You both splashed around and chased after each other. You almost inhaled a gallon of water from laughing so much. Kai was holding onto your arms, about to dunk you when you said "I can't believe we're doing this right now. This is crazy! Think of what everyone is thinking about us right now!" you were laughing so hard. You felt so carefree. 

Kai smiled and said softly, "Who cares what they think?" and kissed you. 

 

***

You woke up. Smiling. You had just had the most wonderful dream ever. Kai kissed you. It was that simple, Kai had kissed you and you knew it was meant to be. There was no extra, "building up the nerve" to confess your love to him. Instead, Kai had kissed you and that had confirmed everything on its on. The dream was so surreal. It felt like it wasn't just a dream. You could even still feel Kai's lips on yours. It felt like they had actually been there. 

You were going to hang out with Kai again today and you felt a little nervous about it. When you saw him you knew the only thing you would be able to think about was the kiss.... The kiss that wasn't even real. But then again, was it?